Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 29
Re: Stones to jam in studio this month
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 10, 2011 00:43

Gazza
71Tele
Gazza
It is, although its worth remembering that its a jam between, for the most part, band members who havent seen each other for a while. Its not necessarily indicative of a band line up for a future tour.

Mr. Taylor not invited?

Keith said everyone was, but as I said a few days ago, the assumption that 'all ex-band members being in England' means that 'all ex band members are working together' is a bit premature.

I'm not assuming anything. If Taylor was indeed invited, and he's in England, and he's not there, though only question is "why?"

Are you really Matt Clifford?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 10, 2011 00:55

71Tele

I'm not assuming anything. If Taylor was indeed invited, and he's in England, and he's not there, though only question is "why?"

Dont know.

You misunderstood me a little..Wasnt you I was referring to...lol...theres been a bit of gossip on other boards and facebook where people have been wetting themselves with excitement 'assuming' that because of what Keith said last month, the fact that Taylor is in the same country as the rest of the band automatically means he's been working with them. This is not the case. (Maybe it'll happen in the future - I don't know)

71Tele

No money in the world could ever persuade me to agree to substitute a harmonica on 'Miss You' with a synth.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 10, 2011 01:29

Gazza
I'm sure its all Water under the bridge now..

winking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 10, 2011 03:02

Gazza
It is, although its worth remembering that its a jam between, for the most part, band members who havent seen each other for a while. Its not necessarily indicative of a band line up for a future tour.

I haven't reenrolled with my $100 membership quite yet, but the all the activity of late is quite positive.

Date: December 10, 2011 05:02

Gazza
[No money in the world could ever persuade me to agree to substitute a harmonica on 'Miss You' with a synth.

That's just what Matt Clifford would say today if he didn't want us to know he was Matt Clifford.

And Beast, don't encourage him or he'll lose his Perks.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 10, 2011 09:05

Gazza
71Tele

Dont know.

You misunderstood me a little..Wasnt you I was referring to...lol...theres been a bit of gossip on other boards and facebook where people have been wetting themselves with excitement 'assuming' that because of what Keith said last month, the fact that Taylor is in the same country as the rest of the band automatically means he's been working with them. This is not the case. (Maybe it'll happen in the future - I don't know)

71Tele

No money in the world could ever persuade me to agree to substitute a harmonica on 'Miss You' with a synth.

I've been wetting myself too, but that's all in a normal day's work.

I don't understand why if Keith "invited" Taylor he wouldn't chomp at the bit to be there, unless of course, he wasn't really invited.

Why did someone say you were Matt Clifford? Odd. Unless I just didn't get the joke.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 10, 2011 12:12

Here is the soundtrack of the day:

- Doxa

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 10, 2011 14:34

I sense that some people know more already but can't tell about it. That's usually a promising sign grinning smiley

Date: December 10, 2011 16:25

71Tele
Why did someone say you were Matt Clifford? Odd. Unless I just didn't get the joke.

Ask yourself this, Tele, have you ever seen Gazza and Matt Clifford together?

Date: December 10, 2011 17:16

71Tele
I don't understand why if Keith "invited" Taylor he wouldn't chomp at the bit to be there, unless of course, he wasn't really invited.

Maybe it just didnt suit him or he was elsewhere. I dont know.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 10, 2011 18:11

The continuing saga of Mick Taylor has to be one of the saddest stories in Rock history.

I have no idea what are the reasons, but suspect it lies somewhere between substance abuse and something in his personality, or a combination of the two.

We all have witnessed his greatness when it comes to guitar, and one would think he would be "chomping at the bit", but according to the few stories posted to date, he wasn't there for some reason. It sounds like he was invited, at least from what Keith said, so something happened somewhere along the line between then and the sessions. I saw he announced he was writing a book, so maybe that scared someone? Did he bring up old business, demand an equal cut, want to pre-negotiate a deal before he took away from his valuable time to show up?

Whatever happened, its a shame as the potential of that lineup sounded pretty cool to me, and hopefully it still can somehow happen.

Best news is it seems like its happening, and holy crap, with Billy Wyman back on bass.

As for the rest of the lineup, I'd love to hear a piano more in the style of Stu, which is what I'm reminded of what I hear the Some Girls outtakes with Mac. Does he still play like that? If so, I say bring him on. Hire Chuck as the musical director and let him play a song or two as well as he's earned his stripes, and it seems important to keep a somewhat equal balance of personalities in the band and Chuck seems to "Leavell" things out a bit.

We've seen Bobby on tour to almost just show up and play the solo on BS, so having spot players is not uncharted territory, and he has to be there. I'd keep Bernard and Lisa, but not have them there on so many songs, unless Mick's voice needs help, then they can be like an insurance policy, same with Blondie, if Taylor or Ronnie has an issue, Blondie can step in.

I'd strip the stage down, but make sure the sound is the best ever, especially for those in the back. Make sure Dave the sound guy is locked up, he's the best they've had. I'd also get more creative on the presentation and the whole experience. Video is so important as there is a point in a large arena or stadium where its easier to watch the screen than the ants on stage, and from tailgating and pre show hype to post show after glow parties and being able to download the recording of the show afterwards, these are things they should be doing, and like the Stones in many areas over the years, do it better than anyone. No use slacking off just cause your getting old- seriously, how many inovations in rock have these guys done, if your going to go out again, go out with a Big Bang, and reset the mark, show the others how its really done.

The most important thing may be hiring a private investigator to figure out what they're dealing with, then a private trainer and psychologist/mentor for Mick Taylor, that could do more for the tour than anything else. In my opinion, he really was that good, and could make that much of a difference.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 10, 2011 18:26

Have either Mick Taylor or Bill been invited ? Keith spouting in a magazine interview means nothing really.

A phone conversation via lawyers ;

Mick - "have you invited Mick and Bill ?"

Keith - "Yeah - like I said ,they're all Stones"

Mick - " Is their pay coming out of your share ?"

Keith - "WTF do you mean Brenda ?"

Mick - " we kept Ronnie on a wage for 15 years remember ?"

Keith - " It's good to be here, it's good...............where was I ?"

Mick - " Bill wants to sell his metal detector at the merchandise stands. Do we get a cut ?"

Keith - "it's only rock n roll . I've wrote some new lyrics for the album"

Mick - " REALLY ?"

Keith - " Yeah. Listen : "Baby baby baby, ooh ,ooh, ooh Honey, honey, honey " It just needs finishing".

Mick - bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sc uk winking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 10, 2011 20:00

Bill is jamming with the boy! OMGsmileys with beer

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 10, 2011 20:01

Well, here's to still holding out some hope for Mick Taylor joining the rest yet somehow - I remain cautiously optimistic. If only because:

* Keith seemed open to the idea
* Taylor appeared on Talk is Cheap, (albeit that's a long time ago now)
* Jagger recruited him for PMS,
* Taylor appears ever so slightly more healthy, playing more gigs etc.

The signs are (or were) mostly positive.

It does seem like a short notice between the jam and just reading here a few short days ago that Bill Wyman had yet to receive his invite.

If there is to be new material at some point, I would've guessed Jagger might want to include Taylor to work out or top off one or two of his own tunes that he might gather up on his own terms, before ceding control to a mountain of hours working out Keefs bits and pieces under whatever conditions might obtain when they get together.

but maybe not.... sad smiley

Would love to hear that Ian McLagen was invited, but I was under the impression he lived in Australia now? But if he toured with the revamped Faces, I guess that's not a big obstacle.

Date: December 10, 2011 20:54

McLagan is based in Austin, Texas.

Bill said he hadnt been invited? When was this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-10 20:55 by Gazza.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 10, 2011 21:10

Gazza

I guess that was the bit some time ago when Bill was asked the issue and he said that he had only read in the news but not being contacted yet personally. I think he was referring to Keith's ROLLING STONE interview for SOME GIRLS we discussed here in this very thread few pages ago...

- Doxa

Date: December 10, 2011 21:11

I see. Thanks. Well, its a moot point now, I guess.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 11, 2011 02:10

chelskeith
I have no idea

Good one smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 11, 2011 02:17

chelskeith
The continuing saga of Mick Taylor has to be one of the saddest stories in Rock history.

I have no idea what are the reasons, but suspect it lies somewhere between substance abuse and something in his personality, or a combination of the two.

We all have witnessed his greatness when it comes to guitar, and one would think he would be "chomping at the bit", but according to the few stories posted to date, he wasn't there for some reason. It sounds like he was invited, at least from what Keith said, so something happened somewhere along the line between then and the sessions. I saw he announced he was writing a book, so maybe that scared someone? Did he bring up old business, demand an equal cut, want to pre-negotiate a deal before he took away from his valuable time to show up?

The book story was an article in Spinner from around March 2011. For some reason, it was posted a few days ago, and people commented on it as if it was a 'new' story without noticing the date.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 02:28

So whats happened with the Jam, is it over or not happened yet, I read that Richards was going to ask Wyman and Taylor to come as well, any updates not speculation.

Date: December 11, 2011 02:31

There have been non-speculative posts over the last couple of pages.

And what Lorenz said earlier today is correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-11 02:32 by Gazza.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 11, 2011 02:42

Gazza
There have been non-speculative posts over the last couple of pages.

And what Lorenz said earlier today is correct.

And what Lorenz said earlier today is correct

Well you make me curious Gazza........

Date: December 11, 2011 02:45

That's the entire point of my existence, Nicos!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 11, 2011 03:10

Keith probably wants a nice birthday bash and jam.

next Saturday night into Sunday then.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 11, 2011 09:58

Lorenz
I sense that some people know more already but can't tell about it. That's usually a promising sign grinning smiley

At least I won't be the last one to hear something. I have a few friends that don't have a computer and totally rely on me for Rolling Stones news spinning smiley sticking its tongue out... in a way I will have privileged information.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 11, 2011 10:09

LOL Harm, for those friends you are the only information

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 11, 2011 10:17

Rolling Hansie
LOL Harm, for those friends you are the only information

At least the first couple of hours. Then it will be even on TV I guess smiling smiley But after that I'll be their ticketmaster. But I like doing that: booking flights, hotels,....for a Rolling Stones tour. Cam on, let the Ventilator Blues tour begin.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 11, 2011 14:39

Beast
Gazza
I'm sure its all Water under the bridge now..

winking smiley

Nice one Beast. Very witty. winking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 11, 2011 23:14

Gazza

not a chance in hell mac would be involved...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 11, 2011 23:33

StonesTod
Gazza

not a chance in hell mac would be involved...

It's Mick who doesn't like him that much, right? I remember something like that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home