Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29
Re: Stones to jam in studio this month
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: December 17, 2011 15:38

Gazza
MickyG
So sad to hear Mick T was not involved, I so wanted him to be. Maybe he never will now?

There's still time, I suppose, if both parties want it to happen. I guess it just didn't work out this time.
y
Sounds like it was a combination jam session and informal business meeting, especially if Jagger showed up. Even if they played a few tunes over a 2 or 3 day period, does that qualify as a "tune up"?

One would assume they are now off to spend Christmas and New Year's with their families with more to come in Jan or Feb.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 17, 2011 20:11

noone knows what is happening with the stones hopefully will find in jan or feb so mean while keep on ROCKING to the stones music and chill out,STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE.

Date: December 17, 2011 20:49

Doxa
And honestly I think of the function of the sessions is not that of really getting the chops together but that of mental and social getting together. To really rehearse, like Bill recently said, would take weeks for The Stones. They are nowadays in the level that is basically a social level - all the egos involved etc. - that needs to taken care of. An old-time jam, symbolic in many sense, is the best 'excuse' for that, with or without any big plans in mind. If this all is Keith's brain child, all my respects to him. Keith most probably knows best the 'mental' chemistry of the band, and especially his own huge contribution (both in positive and negative aspects) to that. Sounds like responsible behavior.. what, our Keith?grinning smiley

thumbs up

- Doxa

I told you that earlier winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2011 21:06

Sam Spade

Sounds like it was a combination jam session and informal business meeting, especially if Jagger showed up. Even if they played a few tunes over a 2 or 3 day period, does that qualify as a "tune up"?

Jagger wasn't there for the whole three days, though.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 17, 2011 21:42

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
And honestly I think of the function of the sessions is not that of really getting the chops together but that of mental and social getting together. To really rehearse, like Bill recently said, would take weeks for The Stones. They are nowadays in the level that is basically a social level - all the egos involved etc. - that needs to taken care of. An old-time jam, symbolic in many sense, is the best 'excuse' for that, with or without any big plans in mind. If this all is Keith's brain child, all my respects to him. Keith most probably knows best the 'mental' chemistry of the band, and especially his own huge contribution (both in positive and negative aspects) to that. Sounds like responsible behavior.. what, our Keith?grinning smiley

thumbs up

- Doxa

I told you that earlier winking smiley

Of course, he knows - what's so surprising about it? As in any partnership - business or matrimonial - each partner knows that he/she affects the dynamics of the relationship and the success of the whole enterprise. and when one partner makes a mistake that threatens to destroy the partnership or cause serious harm to it - that his/her job is to make efforts to save it.
Ronnie said from the outset that the idea of this jam was "the process of healing"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-17 21:45 by proudmary.

Date: December 17, 2011 23:14

Gazza
Sam Spade

So, Mick just stopped by to say "Hello"? It wouldn't surprise me.

Date: December 17, 2011 23:26

Sam Spade
Gazza
Sam Spade

eye rolling smiley

Er..no. He had already made arrangements to be in Paris at the start of the week for the Scorsese event, and joined the band for their session later on.

The band played together. I don't get why people find that hard to believe.

Date: December 17, 2011 23:29

Gazza
[The band played together. I don't get why people find that hard to believe.

For a detective, he doesn't pick up on clues very quickly.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: December 17, 2011 23:58

Gazza
Sam Spade
Gazza
Sam Spade

Gazza, Once again the voice of reason and sense. Interesting times. We will meet again I don`t where I dont know when but i know we will meet again some Stones day.

eye rolling smiley

Er..no. He had already made arrangements to be in Paris at the start of the week for the Scorsese event, and joined the band for their session later on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-18 11:24 by belld.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: December 18, 2011 00:25

Gazza,

How was Bill there?

Thanks in advance, Rogue

Date: December 18, 2011 00:35

Not sure what you mean, rogue.

He was publicly invited by Keith in an interview published several weeks ago.

Personally, I'm not reading any more into it than a case of him jamming with a few old colleagues. It'd be easy to do otherwise, but I think that would be being a bit premature or presumptuous.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 18, 2011 01:38

Gazza

i understand mick kept trying to teach keith the superheavy chords, but the whole thing degenerated rapidly...next month charlie will lead the band through some big band numbers...hopefully that will go better...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 18, 2011 02:36

StonesTod
Gazza

i understand mick kept trying to teach keith the superheavy chords, but the whole thing degenerated rapidly...next month charlie will lead the band through some big band numbers...hopefully that will go better...

I heard Bill had them working on "In Another Land", but I can't reveal my source. That's all I can say right now.

Date: December 18, 2011 03:01

From timeisonourside

December 1, 2011: Keith Richards flies to London, England.

Early-to-mid-December 2011: The Rolling Stones are rumored to have started secret rehearsals in London, England, and that Bill Wyman has joined them.

December 5, 2011: Ron Wood performs onstage with Paul McCartney at the O2 Arena in London, England. Mick Jagger is in Paris for the day to assist a ceremony where film director Martin Scorsese is awarded the Commander of the Legion of Honour by French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

December 6, 2011: Mick Jagger is back in London.

Date: December 18, 2011 03:13

Gazza
Sam Spade
Gazza
Sam Spade

eye rolling smiley

LOL I have no doubt they ALL played together as the Rolling Stones circa 1975-1989 since Bill was there.

Date: December 18, 2011 03:32

confused smiley

Dont see the connection. The Rolling Stones played together last week. Its still the Rolling Stones, regardless of Wyman's presence or not.

You're seriously not believing that they did?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 18, 2011 09:28

Not really anything but worth mentioning...

While sitting at LAX waiting to fly out today, our friend Bernard Fowler walked passed me. Before he walked out of sight, I called out "Hey Bernard! When are the Stones going on tour?" He laughed, walked over and we shook hands. Very friendly. As he walked away he said back "I think next year!" I told him I'd see him there...he said "Yeah see ya there!" So, anyway....nothing earth shattering...he could've shared real info or was just being friendly/making conversation..but it's something!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 18, 2011 12:16

Doxa
I feel very positive about the 50th Anniversary thing. And it has already started.

- Doxa

YEAR IN REVIEW
Tiger’s blood, anyone? Pop’s favourite terms in 2011
JAMES ADAMS
From Saturday's Globe and Mail
Published Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011 12:00AM EST

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

P.S.Nope, I don't feel positive about the whole thing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-18 15:03 by proudmary.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 18, 2011 14:14

Nice story Justin. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 18, 2011 15:05

proudmary
I don't feel positive about the whole thing

LOL. Now why doesn't that surprise me ?

-------------------

Date: December 18, 2011 15:18

Gazza

Don't worry Gazza. Those who know you, know that your info is reliable and very much appreciated.

-------------------

Date: December 18, 2011 15:19

Rolling Hansie
Gazza

Don't worry Gazza. Those who know you, know that your info is reliable and very much appreciated.

they also know some other things that really aren't printable here....

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: December 18, 2011 16:02

... we are all waiting for next live performance!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 18, 2011 16:55

Rolling Hansie
Gazza

Sure we do !thumbs up

Date: December 18, 2011 17:22

StonesTod
they also know some other things that really aren't printable here....

smiling smiley LOL

-------------------

Date: December 18, 2011 19:03

Gazza, Sorry about my typing.. I hate typing on an iPad.

My question to you is this:

If Mick was not there for the full three days then how long were the others there?

I am curious about how much Bill was there. I am guessing that Charlie, Ronnie and Keith were there most of the time with the usual calculations taken into account for "Keith-Time".

Once again sorry for the conufsion.

Thanks, Rogue

Date: December 18, 2011 19:05

Ok..thanks, Rogue.

The rest of the band (including Bill) were there for the entire three days.

Mick on day three.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-18 19:05 by Gazza.

Date: December 18, 2011 19:43

Thanks Gazza.

I don't think I am reading into this situation when I say that all this makes sense. Since Jagger sings over the music he would not have to be there until the band were ready to run through a set or group of songs full on with a singer.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall of that rehearsal room...

Date: December 18, 2011 20:03

gazza: can you just start a Gazza Mailbag thread to make this easier on all of us? people can write in and ask you questions and you can dip into the mailbag at prescribed hours of the day - say every two hours (you're up 24 hours a day anyway).

thanks

Date: December 18, 2011 20:08

grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2130
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home