Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Toronto 1977 Sessions
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 20, 2012 18:52

For all you legal experts out there:

If Keith decided to release the Toronto Sessions could they be released as part of the archive, that is as part of the Rolling Stones or could he release them as a solo artist?

Re: Keith Toronto 1977 Sessions
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 20, 2012 19:30

The GR
For all you legal experts out there:

If Keith decided to release the Toronto Sessions could they be released as part of the archive, that is as part of the Rolling Stones or could he release them as a solo artist?

Both.

I dont care...all I care about is music - and those tapes should be released. Who cares what it says in the cover, - what´s inside is all that matters. I hope this would come out.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 20, 2012 20:30

That sure is a great idea! And what I would like to see are the originals that featured piano or piano with guitar or steel on one disc and maybe another disc with bass,drums and whatever else is needed overdubbed to hear them as "finished" also.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 20, 2012 20:58

The GR
For all you legal experts out there ...

it's up to Keith and Stones Inc - it would be a bit odd to release a whole disk of material on which Keith is the only Stone
as if it were a band endeavour, but they can do that if they want to.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 20, 2012 21:09

they will but they won't

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 20, 2012 21:16

I'd love to hear them, but would also love to see and hear 2 cd remasters of Main Offender and Talk is Cheap, with extra tracks, live versions, and good liner notes.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 20, 2012 21:37

i got a great picture lp, i bought way back then.
Hope they will release it on cd
jeroen

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 20, 2012 22:00

The 1977 sessions or a 1992/1993 concert....which was even better than the 1988 shows of his, IMO; could had been terrific releases from Keith Richards. Instead he chose to release "Vintage Vinos" last year, without even any bonus tracks. Unexplainable.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 20, 2012 23:10

I think Vintage Vinos was released to coincide with Life.

I think Talk Is Cheap is a great album, almost a world music album with Memphis, Chicago, South African, Cajun, British music. Main Offender is also a great album, albeit Talk Is Cheap shades it quality-wise.

Date: February 20, 2012 23:16

tomcasagranda

Yes it was.....but creating a double album out of TWO single albums is still very very odd, especially when there's no Run Rudolph Run, The Harder They Come, outtakes, live outtakes or guest performances included.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 21, 2012 00:00

Erik_Snow
tomcasagranda

Yes it was.....but creating a double album out of TWO single albums is still very very odd, especially when there's no Run Rudolph Run, The Harder They Come, outtakes, live outtakes or guest performances included.

Run Rudolph Run, The Harder They Come, outtakes, live outtakes or guest performances - Keith must have thought that "Hurricane" - that actually WAS included - is THE undisputed masterpiece that beats them all!

OK, let's be serious now. I think the way Keith treated his back catalog with Vintage Vinos is exactly the way the Stones treated their back catalog for many, many years - up until recently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 00:03 by alimente.

Date: February 21, 2012 02:15

Erik_Snow
tomcasagranda

THTC was a Stones recording, no?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:15

Don't believe so..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 21, 2012 03:37

Erik_Snow
The 1977 sessions or a 1992/1993 concert....which was even better than the 1988 shows of his, IMO; could had been terrific releases from Keith Richards. Instead he chose to release "Vintage Vinos" last year, without even any bonus tracks. Unexplainable.

Vintage was probably released to help pad the pockets of Keith's good mate's in that band. Times are tough with the record biz stupidity going on these days and Keith's that kind of guy it would seem. peace

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 21, 2012 15:35

Sorry I wasn't clear. Could Toronto 77 be released through RSR as a Keith album or can Keith release it himself or do a deal with another company?

Date: February 21, 2012 17:04

The GR
Sorry I wasn't clear. Could Toronto 77 be released through RSR as a Keith album or can Keith release it himself or do a deal with another company?

[she smiled sweetly:] sorry if i wasn't clear! that's up to the parties involved.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 21, 2012 18:26

I would think RSR would pass on the release and let KR release it as a solo project. It was mostly country covers and as he and Stu were the main offenders I don't see much related to the Rolling stones there. Besides I doubt Mick would want to take the time to overdub all the vocals and edit it to his satisfaction. lol

I mean Mick did his solo stuff on his own contract and this is no different except Keith recorded it without a contractual obligation to release it. He and Stu probably own the masters so as withssoul says, it's up to them.

I adore Somewhere Over the Rainbow from those sessions. Its a real tear jerker the way Keith presents it.

peace

Date: February 21, 2012 18:47

Naturalust
Erik_Snow

Vintage was probably released to help pad the pockets of Keith's good mate's in that band. Times are tough with the record biz stupidity going on these days and Keith's that kind of guy it would seem. peace

Yes but the band would benefit just as much from a live 1993 concert, or a compilation featuring some unreleased/rare stuff as well. Jagger also released a compilation CD, 1-2 years before Keith, and even though Jagger had a lot more material to choose from (5 albums), he included several rare and unreleased songs.

Anyway; it's too late to complain, I know - I'm just saying that I think it was a spoiled opportunity - as there's a limit on how many releases Keith will be releasing.

Date: February 21, 2012 18:55

Naturalust
I adore Somewhere Over the Rainbow from those sessions.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow is from Keith's march 1981 session with Bobby Keys, actually -
it took place in LA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home