Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 20, 2017 01:33

Falcons winning last night pretty much knocked out the Hawks....
It's going to be a very interesting offseason for them I see a lot of change's coming to get some cap space - tough decisions need to be made the legion of boom could now become the legion of doom.. What an epic Defence that was would love to see one more "no filter injury free tour left in them" haha

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 20, 2017 03:26

umakmehrd
It's going to be a very interesting offseason for them I see a lot of change's coming to get some cap space - tough decisions need to be made the legion of boom could now become the legion of doom.. What an epic Defence that was would love to see one more "no filter injury free tour left in them" haha

Yea: the Dynasty that never was.

Date: December 20, 2017 06:26

virgil
umakmehrd

We got one....

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 20, 2017 08:09

umakmehrd
virgil
umakmehrd

We got one....
Maybe the ticket situation will get back to being a little more realistic.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2017 18:31

Rogers is out, again, for the season - and the Packers are eliminated.

Date: December 20, 2017 18:37

umakmehrd

Technically, no, but you're right. The three 8-6 teams are probably not going to make it. The NFC looks clear as to who is in. But... one never knows. If the Saints beat the Falcons, which they should (I certainly hope so) then there's still a chance any of the 8-6 teams make it in. At least it appears to be so.

Date: December 20, 2017 20:13

Yea but the Falcons have the head to head vs seattle

Date: December 20, 2017 20:15

crholmstrom
umakmehrd
virgil
umakmehrd

We got one....
Maybe the ticket situation will get back to being a little more realistic.

Amen....

Date: December 20, 2017 21:52

umakmehrd
Yea but the Falcons have the head to head vs seattle

May not matter.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 21, 2017 02:34

Date: December 21, 2017 22:08

That's just karma for Super Bowl XL

12's just can't let it go...

Date: December 21, 2017 22:38

umakmehrd

$100,000 fine for violating league concussion protocals. ouch! of course that is chump change in the nfl machine really

Date: December 21, 2017 22:47

umakmehrd

I had to Google XL. Stupid arrogant roman "numerals". Super Bowl 40. FORTY!!!!!! FOUR ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 21, 2017 22:53

crholmstrom
umakmehrd

$100,000 fine for violating league concussion protocals. ouch! of course that is chump change in the nfl machine really

I saw that and had the same thought about chump change. It is really kind of sad that a fine which is supposedly to "promote player safety" is shown to be nothing more than a chance to insert a (weak) defense to a future lawsuit against the league ("We fined the team when they didn't follow the protocol"). If the league really wanted to make sure that the teams follow the rules they'd fine them 100x that amount just to get their attention. Players who get suspended lose their game pay for the games they're suspended for. Imagine if a team was fined the equivalent of a game's revenue (ticket, food & beverage, etc.), or their share of the tv package for the game they were being punished for. I'll bet they wouldn't let the error happen a second time, no matter how much they or the player wanted him back on the field. THAT would promote player safety.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 21, 2017 22:55

GasLightStreet
umakmehrd

I had to Google XL. Stupid arrogant roman "numerals". Super Bowl 40. FORTY!!!!!! FOUR ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just be glad that umakmehrd didn't reference the XII's. (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 21, 2017 23:03

Koen

The ball must “survive the ground”-simply put,it has to be a clean catch.you can’t have it hit the ground and roll around and then pull it back toward you.if James had run it across as soon as it broke the plain it was a score.the same rule is applied every Sunday.
Worry not,the genius blinked and we have their quarterback of the future,they’ll probably win 2 more Super Bowls before the 9rz get one but still, they screwed up.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 21, 2017 23:22

lem motlow

The ball must “survive the ground”-simply put,it has to be a clean catch.you can’t have it hit the ground and roll around and then pull it back toward you.if James had run it across as soon as it broke the plain it was a score.the same rule is applied every Sunday.
Worry not,the genius blinked and we have their quarterback of the future,they’ll probably win 2 more Super Bowls before the 9rz get one but still, they screwed up.

Can you imagine Brady being replaced this season though? Reports are Belicek did not want to trade Jimmy but had to purely because he would not get anything for him would might have been worse. Strange circumstances..........good for the 9rz

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 21, 2017 23:41

Maindefender
lem motlow

Can you imagine Brady being replaced this season though? Reports are Belicek did not want to trade Jimmy but had to purely because he would not get anything for him would might have been worse. Strange circumstances..........good for the 9rz
Belichick is ice-cold when it comes to players, even Brady. I believe he'd get rid of him in a heartbeat once he was no longer valuable to him and not blink twice.

I read that Kraft wanted to keep Brady around and that's why they traded Garropolo. Belichick on the other hand has told friends he believed he could win an SB with Jimmy.

I can believe that. I think Belichick bristles privately at all the accolades Brady gets and wants a chance to prove he can win without him, which I think he certainly could.

Date: December 21, 2017 23:49

keefriff99
Maindefender
lem motlow

Belichick is ice-cold when it comes to players, even Brady. I believe he'd get rid of him in a heartbeat once he was no longer valuable to him and not blink twice.

I read that Kraft wanted to keep Brady around and that's why they traded Garropolo. Belichick on the other hand has told friends he believed he could win an SB with Jimmy.

I can believe that. I think Belichick bristles privately at all the accolades Brady gets and wants a chance to prove he can win without him, which I think he certainly could.

It's not just Belichick, it's Kraft and the whole organization... The Patriots Way so to speak. I saw a very insightful documentary on Curtis Martin (I believe) which illustrated very well how those guys up there in New England are able to not let their personal relationships cloud their business decisions or vice versa. They're not my favorites but I have a healthy respect for the organization.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 22, 2017 00:48

mr_dja
keefriff99
Maindefender
lem motlow

It's not just Belichick, it's Kraft and the whole organization... The Patriots Way so to speak. I saw a very insightful documentary on Curtis Martin (I believe) which illustrated very well how those guys up there in New England are able to not let their personal relationships cloud their business decisions or vice versa. They're not my favorites but I have a healthy respect for the organization.
No, I actually think Kraft is a softie when it comes to Brady, and truly loves the man. From what I've read, Kraft wanted Belichick to get rid of Garropolo over planning for Brady's exit from the team, and I think that's because Kraft wants Brady to gracefully retire as a Patriot (which would be HIGHLY lucrative in terms of merchandising, nostalgia, etc.).

Belichick is ONLY interested in football and couldn't give less of a damn about the optics of parting ways with a QB who has won 5 SBs.

Personally I think it might get ugly. I'd hate to see it, but I could see a Favre/Montana situation develop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-22 00:51 by keefriff99.

Date: December 22, 2017 02:19

mr_dja
keefriff99
Maindefender
lem motlow

martins coach though when he played for the patriots was parcells and martin left

Date: December 22, 2017 15:40

keefriffhard4life
mr_dja
keefriff99
Maindefender
lem motlow

martins coach though when he played for the patriots was parcells and martin left

Correct. But Kraft was the owner and the relationships between Kraft and Martin both personal and professional were addressed and contrasted well I thought.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 22, 2017 22:58

On the bright side Papa John is out. No more of that scumbags commercials.

Go Bills!

Date: December 22, 2017 23:06

More Hot Rocks

Go Bills!

ya, that guy is an @$$hole. good riddance to bad rubbish i say!

Date: December 22, 2017 23:48

mr_dja
keefriffhard4life
mr_dja
keefriff99
Maindefender
lem motlow

Correct. But Kraft was the owner and the relationships between Kraft and Martin both personal and professional were addressed and contrasted well I thought.

Peace,
Mr DJA

oh ok

Date: December 23, 2017 00:12

crholmstrom
More Hot Rocks

Go Bills!

Definitely great news! What a douche he is...and his pizza SUCKS! It makes Dominos taste edible.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 23, 2017 07:13

keefriff99
crholmstrom
More Hot Rocks

Go Bills!

Definitely great news! What a douche he is...and his pizza SUCKS! It makes Dominos taste edible.

Every time I would see a Papa John commercial it would remind me about how nasty people can be. Well playoffs are almost here. I hear a lot of talk about the Rams winning the super bowl.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: December 24, 2017 19:48

hot smileyFOOTBALL ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!! and meaningful games too!!! smileys with beer And more football tomorrow toodrinking smiley

Date: December 24, 2017 20:35

Leonioid

hot smileyFOOTBALL ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!! and meaningful games too!!! smileys with beer And more football tomorrow toodrinking smiley

the last week of the season is going to be a slug fest

Date: December 24, 2017 21:00

the masochist in me wants to see the rams lose & seahawks win. prolong the agony...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home