Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 27, 2017 23:58

mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet
"You been watching film, huh? That's cool. Watch this."

[www.youtube.com]

That's IT! Not a fan of the Panthers but I loved that exchange when I first saw the highlights.

[www.youtube.com] is a link with somewhat better audio with studio and post game commentary. Starts at about 0:00:46

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Side note (Off Topic) -->> Videos like these make me wish that the NBA had better audio coverage of some of the historical trash talking from the Bird, Magic, Jordan era. Apparently those guys were trash talkers to the Nth degree. These days they'd be T'd up for "taunting" but back then, apparently, they and a few others would literally be telling each other what they were about to do and just daring each other to try and stop them.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Maybe that's why they trash talked so freely. Being miked up would have snubbed their precious on court conversations. BTW Brady refuses to be miked up so not to give away play calls.

Actually, I wasn't referring to being "mic'd up" as I believe that has more to do with the tv networks.

The NFL has had and used large parabolic mics on the sidelines for decades and, as a result, NFL films has been able to produce some awesome films over the years. That's more along the lines of what I was wishing for the NBA.

Re: Brady: He must not be as smart as I gave him credit for if he doesn't realize that everything he's ever said on a NFL field is most likely in storage for future use by NFL films.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Either way NBA players would not have chirped as much knowing the networks could eavesdrop on their sacred conversations. Probably written as part of the players union agreement. And they LOVE to chirp just as much today as yesteryear....thumbs up

Apparently you've never seen the NFL films if you're convinced that players & coaches would start self-censoring themselves. While the official releases only contain PG-13 material, there are plenty of examples of R & NC-17 sideline banter as well. Some of those old "NFL Films Presents" are awesome to watch. The ability to compare with the current NoFunLeague is amazing sometimes.

Check out the NFL Films channel on YouTube. As I missed it when it just recently debuted, I'll be heading there later today for to watch the new Swann & Stallworth "A Football Life" episode. Lynn Swann lived next door to my aunt when I was a kid and is the reason I'm a Steelers fan to this day.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Peace,
Mr DJA

Respectfully I'm really just commenting on the NBA side. smileys with beer

Date: December 28, 2017 01:09

umakmehrd
keefriff99
So the Steelers cut James Harrison with one week left in the season, and who picks him up? The PATRIOTS!

LOL, gotta love the mind games.

I think its wrong that you are still able to add players to your roster after the trade deadline. All rosters should be frozen and you should only be able to bring up guys from your frozen practice roster... That would make more sense to me anyway

i agree.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: December 28, 2017 03:19

keefriffhard4life
umakmehrd
keefriff99
So the Steelers cut James Harrison with one week left in the season, and who picks him up? The PATRIOTS!

LOL, gotta love the mind games.

I think its wrong that you are still able to add players to your roster after the trade deadline. All rosters should be frozen and you should only be able to bring up guys from your frozen practice roster... That would make more sense to me anyway

i agree.

Thirded and wondering why this wouldn't ( who in league ownership/coaching wouldn't want this to ) be the rule?

Date: December 28, 2017 05:16

one qb is in the pro bowl and the other is not. who are these 2 QBs?

67.5% completion
4,387 yards
30 TD / 8 INT
104.2 rating

67.5% completion
4,024 yards
26 TD / 5 INT
104.7 rating

Date: December 28, 2017 05:37

keefriffhard4life

whats his name, from the pats
67.5% completion
4,387 yards
30 TD / 8 INT
104.2 rating

ALEX FKN SMITH, WHO BEAT the pats(and philly) THIS YEAR!
67.5% completion
4,024 yards
26 TD / 5 INT
104.7 rating

Date: December 28, 2017 05:45

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life

67.5% completion
4,387 yards
30 TD / 8 INT
104.2 rating

67.5% completion
4,024 yards
26 TD / 5 INT
104.7 rating

yup got it right yet rivers was chosen as the 3rd best QB from the afc

Date: December 28, 2017 05:53

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life

67.5% completion
4,387 yards
30 TD / 8 INT
104.2 rating

67.5% completion
4,024 yards
26 TD / 5 INT
104.7 rating

yup got it right yet rivers was chosen as the 3rd best QB from the afc
cool smiley

I think it is OK to pick Phillip... that poor guy...
In another time line, with better sumthins, he is a Super Bowl Champion. He is a helluva competitor.

And I think Alex is OK with this too...
it keeps his mind focused and/or gives him a chip on shoulder to "SHOWEMALL!"

And Alex might make it in if one of the others pissys out... Alex would step up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-28 05:56 by Leonioid.

Date: December 28, 2017 05:58

fwiw Im watching this AZ V Purdue game on FOX over the air TV,
currently 14 to 31 but I got a feeling it will tighten up and be a great finish

and no sooner am I typing this ... it is 21 to 31

Date: December 28, 2017 06:12

Speaking of the pats and James Harrison
Whats his name headcoach from the pats getting overly excited(for him) about acquiring Harrison
https:/ /twitter.com/tomecurran/status/946159476071116800 be sure to unmute to hear the video

Date: December 28, 2017 08:20

Steelers' Pouncey blasts Harrison for joining Patriots
By NBC Sports Boston Report December 27, 2017 4:17 PM

Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey blasted now ex-teammate James Harrison for joining the Patriots, saying the long-time Pittsburgh linebacker "erased his own legacy" by signing with New England after he was cut last week.

Pouncey said Harrison, 39, who practiced with the Patriots for the first time on Wednesday, a day after signing, forced his way out of Pittsburgh, where the linebacker had been unhappy about a lack of playing time.

"He wanted to go," Pouncey told reporters in Pittsburgh. "It's funny to read the stories. It's something he wanted to do. He needs to come out and admit that."

Pouncey scoffed at the notion that Harrison would provide any inside information on the Steelers to the Pats should the two teams, as expected, meet again in the AFC Championship Game.

Said Pouncey: "What's he gonna tell 'em? The line slides left? The line slides right?"

Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree echoed Pouncey's sentiments: "I don't want the media to portray we're [the Steelers are] the reason he left...," Dupree told reporters. "That ain't the reason. He chose to leave. He made certain decisions and his actions got him to this circumstance."

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wasn't as critical of the move. “James has to do what James has to do,” Roethlisberger told reporters. “It’s not like he called and asked me if he should or not [sign with New England]. James was out there — he’s a free agent, he has to do what’s best for him and his family. I wish him the best. I’ve had a lot of good years with him.”

And on Harrison possibly giving away any Steelers intel to his new team, Roethlisberger said: “That’s on James. If they want to ask him about every single piece of information he has, that’s what this league — other people do that, too. I’m not worried about it. We don’t play them this week, we don’t play them next week. So we’ll see.”

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 28, 2017 15:56

Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

That's IT! Not a fan of the Panthers but I loved that exchange when I first saw the highlights.

[www.youtube.com] is a link with somewhat better audio with studio and post game commentary. Starts at about 0:00:46

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Side note (Off Topic) -->> Videos like these make me wish that the NBA had better audio coverage of some of the historical trash talking from the Bird, Magic, Jordan era. Apparently those guys were trash talkers to the Nth degree. These days they'd be T'd up for "taunting" but back then, apparently, they and a few others would literally be telling each other what they were about to do and just daring each other to try and stop them.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Maybe that's why they trash talked so freely. Being miked up would have snubbed their precious on court conversations. BTW Brady refuses to be miked up so not to give away play calls.

Actually, I wasn't referring to being "mic'd up" as I believe that has more to do with the tv networks.

The NFL has had and used large parabolic mics on the sidelines for decades and, as a result, NFL films has been able to produce some awesome films over the years. That's more along the lines of what I was wishing for the NBA.

Re: Brady: He must not be as smart as I gave him credit for if he doesn't realize that everything he's ever said on a NFL field is most likely in storage for future use by NFL films.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Either way NBA players would not have chirped as much knowing the networks could eavesdrop on their sacred conversations. Probably written as part of the players union agreement. And they LOVE to chirp just as much today as yesteryear....thumbs up

Apparently you've never seen the NFL films if you're convinced that players & coaches would start self-censoring themselves. While the official releases only contain PG-13 material, there are plenty of examples of R & NC-17 sideline banter as well. Some of those old "NFL Films Presents" are awesome to watch. The ability to compare with the current NoFunLeague is amazing sometimes.

Check out the NFL Films channel on YouTube. As I missed it when it just recently debuted, I'll be heading there later today for to watch the new Swann & Stallworth "A Football Life" episode. Lynn Swann lived next door to my aunt when I was a kid and is the reason I'm a Steelers fan to this day.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Peace,
Mr DJA

While using examples from the NFL as the basis of your thought process. Interesting. Faulty logic. Faulty conclusions. Excuses to exclude contrary thoughts and evidence. Thanks for letting me know that my part of this conversation was a waste of my time. Next time I'll try to be more aware that you're trolling as opposed to conversing. smileys with beer

Apologies to all for getting off topic while being trolled. My bad.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 28, 2017 18:00

mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Peace,
Mr DJA

Peace,
Mr DJA

Peace,
Mr DJA

While using examples from the NFL as the basis of your thought process. Interesting. Faulty logic. Faulty conclusions. Excuses to exclude contrary thoughts and evidence. Thanks for letting me know that my part of this conversation was a waste of my time. Next time I'll try to be more aware that you're trolling as opposed to conversing. smileys with beer

Apologies to all for getting off topic while being trolled. My bad.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Sorry, I just can't match your passion play. I will try to stay away from you in the future.....no worries

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 28, 2017 19:36

Looking forward to the last week of the season - Seahawks, Chargers & Bills all still alive but need help... LET'S GO CAROLINA !!!! pretty sure the Seahawks will take care of the Cardinals at home on Sunday - I'm just glad the Panthers still have something to play for they can win their division.

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: December 29, 2017 03:35

Doesn't really matter. Even if Hawks get in they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs. Just not good enough with all the injuries and inconsistent play.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 29, 2017 03:52

umakmehrd
Looking forward to the last week of the season - Seahawks, Chargers & Bills all still alive but need help... LET'S GO CAROLINA !!!! pretty sure the Seahawks will take care of the Cardinals at home on Sunday - I'm just glad the Panthers still have something to play for they can win their division.

If they beat Atlanta and Seattle wins, Atlanta is OUT!

Saints should beat Tampa and win the division.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 1, 2018 02:45

oh the bitter irony. blair walsh misses a fg to lose the game today. it was meaningless as atlanta had already won. the ironic part was atlanta beat seattle earlier in the season on a blair walsh miss. the horrors. should be an interesting offseason. i suspect the seahawks are going to look very different come next september. let's see if pete carroll has a rebuild in him.

Date: January 1, 2018 04:27

hooray, no seattle or Baltimore in the playoffs

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 1, 2018 04:57

How about those Bills!!!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 1, 2018 06:17

roll tide.

Date: January 1, 2018 06:21

More Hot Rocks
How about those Bills!!!

they started the day with one of the worst chances to make the playoffs and made it

Date: January 1, 2018 11:11

While many teams didnt start their starters I thought that Day 17 was eventful enough.
First the Bills; congratulations. They are also one of the few teams that confuses the Patriots.
How about the NFC South?

Date: January 1, 2018 14:33

I was trying to figure out the wild card tie breakers because it looked like Buffalo and Baltimore were pretty dang equal, even 3-3 within their divisions. I understand no mercy for those who cant beat a team and win their win in, but the tie breakers are not So Simple Simon obvious to figure out.

Final standings - https:/ /www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings

Basically it got down to strengthen of schedule wins.
Buffalo winning its game against the Chiefs was better than Baltimore beating Cleveland

My searching found a couple of better websites for info, for anyone else who wonders-

Older article - https:/ /www.ninersnation.com/2014/11/21/7259599/breaking-down-the-nfl-playoff-tiebreakers

Newer article, pretty complicated- https:/ /www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoff-picture-2018-how-tiebreakers-work-for-ravens-titans-chargers-bills/

Who will go where and play who if what happens- http:/ /www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21924480/2017-nfl-playoffs-preview-schedule-bracket-paths-super-bowl-lii-matchup-possibilities

So after the dust settles it is
the pats and steelers waiting for ...
And the vikings and eagles waiting for ...

NFC: 1. PHI | 2. MIN | 3. LAR | 4. NO | 5. CAR | 6. ATL
AFC: 1. NE | 2. PIT| 3. JAX | 4. KC | 5. TEN | 6. BUF

Wild card weekend coming up!!!
No more BS... WIN AND MOVE ON... lose and it is season over

Next weekend is gonna be some good football!

Date: January 1, 2018 14:34

And in simple good news the sitcom "COACH" is back on TV for the new year!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 1, 2018 20:27

Every team's BEST regular-season play

[twitter.com]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 1, 2018 23:27

Glad to see the Bears fired John Fox. Had success elsewhere but definitely not in Chicago.
As far as the Seahawks go, I wonder if Walsh already knew that the Hawks were already eliminated on the final field goal try. I know they weren't announcing the scores in the stadium but the place sure went quiet late in the game once the Atlanta game ended. Everyone must have been checking their cell phones. Will Pete Carroll retire?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 1, 2018 23:39

Leonioid
That was rumored a couple of years ago but it got axed. You sure about that?

Too bad Craig T. Nelson is a bit of a douche:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 2, 2018 00:24

DGA35
Glad to see the Bears fired John Fox. Had success elsewhere but definitely not in Chicago.
As far as the Seahawks go, I wonder if Walsh already knew that the Hawks were already eliminated on the final field goal try. I know they weren't announcing the scores in the stadium but the place sure went quiet late in the game once the Atlanta game ended. Everyone must have been checking their cell phones. Will Pete Carroll retire?

think pete is going to fulfill his contract. 2 more seasons.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2018 00:53

I crack up at how a lot of people get so hung up on one game. A good team having a bad game, not beating someone they should, yet with the playoffs... there's no logical way one can determine how a team will play based on one regular season game - because there's no way to know. If there are injuries, sure, it's easy to consider 'This is not going to work out well for them in the playoffs' and it can be right.

Date: January 2, 2018 01:36

GasLightStreet
I crack up at how a lot of people get so hung up on one game. A good team having a bad game, not beating someone they should, yet with the playoffs... there's no logical way one can determine how a team will play based on one regular season game - because there's no way to know. If there are injuries, sure, it's easy to consider 'This is not going to work out well for them in the playoffs' and it can be right.

like your saints to do well in the playoffs. minnesota is a good story too. on the AFC side, i would like to see buffalo do well just because nobody expected them to make the playoffs & those fans have suffered a long time. there's a story out there about buffalo fans sending money to andy dalton's charitable foundation in multiples of 17.

Date: January 2, 2018 01:51

keefriff99
Leonioid
That was rumored a couple of years ago but it got axed. You sure about that?

Yeah I am sure.

It is the original show I was talking about, but sadly it does not age well. I used to think I enjoyed it and thought it was funny... but watching some of the marathon episodes today I realize it is basically 2bit Hollywood propaganda, preaching Hollywood values as it pushes its agenda by depicting coach as the evil old white dude who needs to be taught a lesson... kind of sad... oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-02 01:54 by Leonioid.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home