Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 21, 2018 04:38

knucklegate.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 21, 2018 11:52

Natlanta
knucklegate.

how about knuckleheadgate? grinning smiley

Date: January 21, 2018 14:05

I been thinking Vikings in the Superbowl for a while now. Got a bit rattled when I saw them facing the Saints ( who seemed n a mission from God).
While I am a Pats fan, somehow the Jags seem very dangerous. A Jags - Vikings SB would be great.

Date: January 21, 2018 15:09

Palace Revolution 2000
I been thinking Vikings in the Superbowl for a while now. Got a bit rattled when I saw them facing the Saints ( who seemed n a mission from God).
While I am a Pats fan, somehow the Jags seem very dangerous. A Jags - Vikings SB would be great.

NBC & the league would be hating that. All good!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2018 17:58

It will be New England and Minnesota for SB 52, with NE winning because that's what the conspiracists believe/want to happen.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 21, 2018 19:29

crholmstrom
Natlanta
knucklegate.

how about knuckleheadgate? grinning smiley

yeah i like knuckleheadgate, but i think knucklegate is better here.

let’s save knuckleheadgate... there’ll no doubt be loads of chances to use it in the future.

Date: January 21, 2018 20:46

Natlanta
knucklegate.

If that scandal had happened at the Hilton or the Hyatt or the Mariott or any other hotel, would it be Knuckleton or Knuckleatt or Knuckleott?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 21, 2018 21:23

Hand of Fate

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 21, 2018 23:28

Good game so far at halftime! I sure like listening to Tony Romo during the broadcasts. He pretty much knows what the upcoming plays are going to be. Ironically I think my two favourites are him and Troy Aikman even though I'm not a Cowboys fan!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 21, 2018 23:38

Pats are in trouble.

Date: January 22, 2018 00:13

keefriff99
Pats are in trouble.

Bortles looks more like Brady than Brady. Could be a sign of the apocalypse.

Date: January 22, 2018 00:55

NE takes lead 2 minutes to go. I hate NE!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 22, 2018 00:55

Wow...Brady > Amendola...TD... eye popping smileydrinking smiley

Date: January 22, 2018 01:06

HOW 'BOUT THEM PATRIOTS?!!

Date: January 22, 2018 01:07

Jags played a hell of a game.

Date: January 22, 2018 01:07

The Redneck Riviera is the pit of misery, dilly dilly.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 22, 2018 01:29

Robert Kraft had too much Bud Light.

smileys with beer

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 22, 2018 02:04

Brady just kept making these incredible throws.
All credit to the receivers, cause they are deserved Champs and a true wonders.
Tom played thru that hand injury; I'm still not sure the extent of it...but those were HUGE, HUGE and Long receptions and pretty exciting.
A lot of grace and power; how in the world how can he be so dead-on accurate at those long distances.

I guess it was Danny's day but Gronk and others made incredible catches.
Jacksonville a savvy and talented team; A good game. Wasn't going to be a rout in anybody's favor today.
Patriot Nation going for back-to-back Superbowls, especially after Tom's suspension and a Ton of bad and ugly, diminishing press hurled at him for years...
...having to miss those first games last season; having been banned.
gosh i know what that's like lol...
Jacksonville has nothing to be ashamed of; that was a good performance.

Rare to see Bill B. all charged-up emo like that. Coach usually very taciturn, but he was jubilant.
A LOT of intriguing drama about those stitches on Tom's hand, especially in the cold....
Jaguars were ferocious; Tom ate dirt more than once. The thing is, he kept getting up. Uh oh....don't even piss Tom Brady off! What a pro!
Always be impressed that the Mighty Rolling Stones played a private party in a tent on the field for them.
I mean, it just doesn't get better if you have to book a band for a party!
(and have 3 Million Dollars for the pleasure)
[www.youtube.com]
Yikes. Here's hoping they take it all. Again.
I'm all in for NE traditionally and am hoping for great SB.

They were losing until the last minutes of the last quarter.
I don't know if it was within 3 or 4 minutes of the last buzzer,
but it was that close....and they had been behind All Day Long.

These guys keep pulling out amazing feats like this.
I was thinking last year's Super Bowl a very boring one-sided game
for the entire first half. I had given up every hope for Patriot Nation
before half-time. The that stunning second half. That's what I was reminded of today, as they were losing all game until those last minutes but then
turned it around. It seemed like they were never out of control tho, to me,
even as they were behind most of the game...a lot of good action on both sides. Two good teams really executed well; it was a crazy-win but a good one.

"The Two Danny Amendola Catches That Doomed the Jacksonville Jaguars"
(Some cool pix and ez vid links)
[slate.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 03:48 by hopkins.

Date: January 22, 2018 03:49

Goddamnit, the Vikings are getting STOMPED.

Date: January 22, 2018 04:10

point spread is going to be at least 10 for super bowl. maybe 13-14.

Date: January 22, 2018 04:25

the jags are the best defense in the league and the patriots only had 1 penalty the entire game. anyone else shocked by that since there is holding almost every play?

Date: January 22, 2018 04:43

keefriffhard4life
the jags are the best defense in the league and the patriots only had 1 penalty the entire game. anyone else shocked by that since there is holding almost every play?

as it is the patriots: no. hopefully they will blow up after the season. the dominance of alabama & new england is making football boring. if i had something else to do, i wouldn't be crushed if i missed seeing this super bowl.

Date: January 22, 2018 04:51

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

as it is the patriots: no. hopefully they will blow up after the season. the dominance of alabama & new england is making football boring. if i had something else to do, i wouldn't be crushed if i missed seeing this super bowl.

i was being sarcastic. there is holding almost every play if you wanted to call it yet the patriots seemed to only have 1-2 penalties a game

Date: January 22, 2018 04:55

crholmstrom
Not sure about that. The Eagles are pretty legit even without Wentz.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 22, 2018 05:05

The Cleveland Browns should headline the half time show.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 22, 2018 05:20

keefriff99
crholmstrom
Not sure about that. The Eagles are pretty legit even without Wentz.

The Eagles are lightweights. They won their Super Bowl today against an even bigger lightweight. The Saints were the only team that could have beaten the Patriots. The Patriots are the most hated one man team in the NFL. It will be an embarrassingly easy win for them. However, if you want to hurt Brady and the Pats, this is the one game in which a loss will totally devastate them. Denying them a look at the Super Bowl is an accomplishment, but beating them in it will set off celebrations all over America. (Except Minnesota)

Now if only the officials can stop helping the Patriots with timely flags...How many times were the Patriots flagged in this one?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 22, 2018 05:37

keefriffhard4life

Everyone in America can see that. It's absolutely pathetic. We in Buffalo know that quite well with this team.

One thing I will say about Jacksonville, whom the Bills should have beaten if they had a quarterback who can make throws, is that their so called wonder running back Leonard Fournette, short-armed a big play sideline throw that was so blatantly obvious, even the announcers were at a loss to mention it. Romo did make a comment that was quickly hushed over. He should be roasted in Jacksonville for that play. It seemed deliberate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 05:38 by The Sicilian.

Date: January 22, 2018 06:21

The Sicilian
keefriffhard4life

Everyone in America can see that. It's absolutely pathetic. We in Buffalo know that quite well with this team.

One thing I will say about Jacksonville, whom the Bills should have beaten if they had a quarterback who can make throws, is that their so called wonder running back Leonard Fournette, short-armed a big play sideline throw that was so blatantly obvious, even the announcers were at a loss to mention it. Romo did make a comment that was quickly hushed over. He should be roasted in Jacksonville for that play. It seemed deliberate.

are you talking about the pass to Fournette that was just out of his reach but he didn't even try to dive and get it?

Date: January 22, 2018 06:37

from an article for those wondering about penalties.

As the clock runs out, you can see Referee Blakeman giving Brady congratulations on advancing to his eighth Super Bowl. Evidence of conspiracy? Of course not. But it’s more than enough to set off the anti-Patriots contingent … which, at this point, includes pretty much everyone outside of Massachusetts and some lame bandwagoners.

Add that to the fact that the Patriots had exactly one — ONE — penalty called against them all game. Per NFL Research, that’s the fewest penalties called on one team in a playoff game since the 2011 AFC championship … when the Patriots had exactly one penalty called on them in a victory against the Ravens.

Date: January 22, 2018 07:33

Vikings looked like they thought they'd just show up and win having beat the Saints with pure luck.

Seems they were still celebrating that win. Still gotta play.

I really thought they'd beat the Eagles soundly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home