Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Date: January 15, 2018 09:57

mike tomlin still had a lot of bill cowhers players in 2010 when they made the SB and lost to the packers. since then tomlin is 3-5 in the playoffs and missed the playoffs 2 years altogether. he is a defensive coach and the defense seems to be MIA most years in the playoffs now

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 15, 2018 10:51

sunday restored my faith in the nfl. 2 great games with MINN/NO maybe 1 of the best ever. absolutely stunning. here's a link for maybe the best post game interview i've ever seen. priceless.

[www.espn.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 15, 2018 14:58

crholmstrom
sunday restored my faith in the nfl. 2 great games with MINN/NO maybe 1 of the best ever. absolutely stunning. here's a link for maybe the best post game interview i've ever seen. priceless.

[www.espn.com]
Ha, that's GREAT. Pure joy.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 15, 2018 15:34

crholmstrom

[www.espn.com]

That was a fun interview.

Majorly bummed that my Steelers couldn't have played any better than they did and will be sitting home as a result.

Kind of amazed that the Patriots are favored so heavily vs. Jacksonville. Probably not as much a football thing as it is a Vegas thing.

Could not believe what I saw at the end of the Vikings game. WOW! If I wasn't getting on the Patriots bandwagon, I'd be getting on with the Vikings. I'll root for them to get home for the Super Bowl but will be hoping the Patriots win it all. Again.

Interesting that 3 out of the remaining 4 teams have never won a Super Bowl.

Next week should be fun. Just not as fun for me as it would have been if the Steelers were playing.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 15, 2018 15:44

mr_dja
crholmstrom

[www.espn.com]

Majorly bummed that my Steelers couldn't have played any better than they did and will be sitting home as a result.

Kind of amazed that the Patriots are favored so heavily vs. Jacksonville. Probably not as much a football thing as it is a Vegas thing.

Could not believe what I saw at the end of the Vikings game. WOW! If I wasn't getting on the Patriots bandwagon, I'd be getting on with the Vikings. I'll root for them to get home for the Super Bowl but will be hoping the Patriots win it all. Again.

Next week should be fun. Just not as fun for me as it would have been if the Steelers were playing.

Peace,
Mr DJA

wow, i really thought the eagles and vikings had won a SB but nope. i double checked

Date: January 15, 2018 16:06

mr_dja
crholmstrom

[www.espn.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
If I wasn't a Patriots fan, I'd definitely be rooting for the Vikings. Definitely a likable team.

Date: January 15, 2018 16:59

Interesting side note if the Vikings were to make it to the Super Bowl... Even though they would be playing "at home", according to NFL policy, the "home team designation" switches between the AFC & NFC each year. This year, the AFC will be the Home team. So... Even if the Vikings make the Super Bowl being played on their home field, they will "officially" be the visitors when it comes time for the coin toss.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 15, 2018 17:30

Date: January 15, 2018 17:37

Wonder when GLS will chime in on the disappointing end to the Saints' season.

Date: January 15, 2018 17:43

Saw that headline on SportsCenter this morning. In trying to empathize with the Saints fans, the closest I can get is to remember my feelings from years ago as a Red Sox fan watching Bucky !@#$%^& Dent and Aaron !@#$%^& Boone hit home runs to end the Red Sox season.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 15, 2018 17:49

mr_dja
Saw that headline on SportsCenter this morning. In trying to empathize with the Saints fans, the closest I can get is to remember my feelings from years ago as a Red Sox fan watching Bucky !@#$%^& Dent and Aaron !@#$%^& Boone hit home runs to end the Red Sox season.

Peace,
Mr DJA
I watched the Boone game. I went to bed as soon as it went to extra innings...I just knew the game was lost. When I got up in the AM, I wasn't the least bit surprised but it still sucked.

Luckily 2004 happened...

Date: January 15, 2018 18:07

keefriff99
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA
I watched the Boone game. I went to bed as soon as it went to extra innings...I just knew the game was lost. When I got up in the AM, I wasn't the least bit surprised but it still sucked.

Luckily 2004 happened...

Amen and Amen to that last line...

I wish I could have missed the Boone homerun... I was onstage in a club when that happened and, from my standpoint, couldn't tell if it was the Yankees or Sox fans celebrating at first, although, in my heart, I kind of knew.

From the department of "That's Strange, But Fitting"... One year later, for both game 7 vs. the Yankees AND game 4 vs. the Cardinals, I was at the same club on the same stage. That's a 2 for 3 trade I'll take every time!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 15, 2018 18:22

mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Luckily 2004 happened...

I wish I could have missed the Boone homerun... I was onstage in a club when that happened and, from my standpoint, couldn't tell if it was the Yankees or Sox fans celebrating at first, although, in my heart, I kind of knew.

From the department of "That's Strange, But Fitting"... One year later, for both game 7 vs. the Yankees AND game 4 vs. the Cardinals, I was at the same club on the same stage. That's a 2 for 3 trade I'll take every time!

Peace,
Mr DJA
That 2004 playoff run was absolutely magical. I still watch highlights from the 2004 ALCS from time to time and can't stop smiling.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 15, 2018 18:27

DGA35
Wow, Saints snatch defeat from the sure jaws of victory!! That final play will haunt the Saints fans for decades to come. I truly hope that the rookie that missed the tackle on that play can put it in the past and play better next year.

That was BRUTAL. Watched the game at a friend's house. Had several people over. 2 of them left at half time it was so bad! We were all in disbelief - what the hell is going on?

And then the Saints came alive and led the game and it was looking very likely that they'd win. Whoever was in Coach Payton's ear about those 2 challenges should be fired!

But a missed tackle allowed them to win. Had he been tackled they might've gotten a field goal.

The officiating was a bit odd at times. That 34 yard penalty against Crawley was complete bunk.

By far the best game of the 2018 playoffs. So far, anyway.

Not sure who I'm going to pull for. Got a great friend who is a NE nut and friends in NE. Have family that live in Minnesota. But Leonard Fournette was at LSU. 2 ex-Saints are on Philly.

I can't recall any previous playoffs of a team playing a SB at home other than the 2013 playoffs when the Saints had a chance to play in the SB at home. So in that aspect it will be cool if MN makes the SB and wins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-15 18:43 by GasLightStreet.

Date: January 15, 2018 18:39

keefriff99
mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Luckily 2004 happened...

Peace,
Mr DJA
That 2004 playoff run was absolutely magical. I still watch highlights from the 2004 ALCS from time to time and can't stop smiling.

I've said for years (and it's true), "I can't even say 2004 without smiling". Doesn't matter the subject, if the year 2004 is mentioned, I smile.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 15, 2018 18:40

mr_dja

The history of the Minnesota Vikings should be ignored. Sure, as a franchise, they've been to 4 SBs and lost all 4. But that was a gazillion years ago.

Before Brady took over, NE were 0-2 in SBs. The franchise has been 9 times, winning 5 under one coach (a record) and having gone 7 times under one coach (a record, too).

The whole 'experience' thing with the playoffs is bunk. Otherwise, how did the first time NE won with Brady, his second season in the NFL, happen? And if it mattered as much as the TV idiots like to ramble on about, how come NE hasn't won every Super Bowl since 2002?

Date: January 15, 2018 18:42

keefriff99
Wonder when GLS will chime in on the disappointing end to the Saints' season.

Saints are still better than Cantlanta!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 15, 2018 18:46

Gotta feel (a little) bad for all the gamblers who took the Vikings (-6) over the Saints...

Their hopes were surely raised when the last second TD put them ahead by 5, and then finding out they had to (by rule) come back out for the PAT attempt, only to watch them take a knee... The right call no doubt- to avoid a potential block and run back.. but still, sure that decision cost a lot of people $$.

Date: January 15, 2018 18:54

GasLightStreet

I can't recall any previous playoffs of a team playing a SB at home other than the 2013 playoffs when the Saints had a chance to play in the SB at home. So in that aspect it will be cool if MN makes the SB and wins.

Two times it's been close:

SB XIV when the LA Rams got to play in their home city but not their home stadium as the game was in The Rose Bowl not the Coliseum.

SB XIX the SF 49ers played in Stanford, CA (+/- 40 miles from "home") for the Super Bowl.

If it happens this year, it will be the 1st time a team has played the Super Bowl in their actual home stadium.

My question, if it does happen, since the AFC will officially be the home team, will they be in the Vikings "regular" locker room and the Vikings have to move to the visitors locker room?

I'm sure there will be PLENTY of press to explain it if the Vikings get a "home" game.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 15, 2018 18:57

mr_dja
GasLightStreet

Two times it's been close:

SB XIV when the LA Rams got to play in their home city but not their home stadium as the game was in The Rose Bowl not the Coliseum.

SB XIX the SF 49ers played in Stanford, CA (+/- 40 miles from "home") for the Super Bowl.

If it happens this year, it will be the 1st time a team has played the Super Bowl in their actual home stadium.

My question, if it does happen, since the AFC will officially be the home team, will they be in the Vikings "regular" locker room and the Vikings have to move to the visitors locker room?

I'm sure there will be PLENTY of press to explain it if the Vikings get a "home" game.

Peace,
Mr DJA

I don't know what those letters are.

Vikings are the visiting team - if they make it - so apparently they'd be in the visiting team locker room.

Date: January 16, 2018 10:33

keefriffhard4life
mr_dja
crholmstrom

[www.espn.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA

wow, i really thought the eagles and vikings had won a SB but nope. i double checked

you have to factor in that neither team has ever won a super bowl. & both were good or great games. the philly game wasn't pretty but it was exciting. i liked the dog masks. thought that was hilarious. as stated earlier, the minnesota game was just an alltimer. like 4 lead changes in last 3 minutes, you can't ask for anything more. fantastic. word on the street here in seattle is that the hawks are bringing back ken norton jr as DC. they probably should've hired him when dan quinn left. norton was just hired by SF as assistant head coach but had an out clause that allows him to leave for the seattle job. the seahawks are going to be a very different team next year. & a good one!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 19, 2018 20:29

uh oh Brady’s hand?

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 19, 2018 21:07

if you ask me there’s not enough air in that glove...

Date: January 19, 2018 22:57

Natlanta
uh oh Brady’s hand?

maybe gisele will kiss it & make it all better.... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 19, 2018 23:38

Who helped him get dressed for practice??

Date: January 20, 2018 03:28

No idea what to make of this...either it's Belichick/Brady mind games, he legitimately hurt his hand, or a bit of both.

I think it's a bit of both, with more truth towards that he is legit hurt. Brady seemed genuinely rattled at the press conference today. He wouldn't be acting like that for no reason.

I think he'll be mostly fine by Sunday, but something weird is going on.

Date: January 20, 2018 05:04

keefriff99
No idea what to make of this...either it's Belichick/Brady mind games, he legitimately hurt his hand, or a bit of both.

I think it's a bit of both, with more truth towards that he is legit hurt. Brady seemed genuinely rattled at the press conference today. He wouldn't be acting like that for no reason.

every year twice a year when its time to play the jets brady shows up on the injury report out of nowhere . could be mind games

Date: January 20, 2018 05:25

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

every year twice a year when its time to play the jets brady shows up on the injury report out of nowhere . could be mind games
I definitely think there's some of that at work, but his hand is injured for sure. To what extent, who knows? Brady was acting super weird during his press conference today.

Date: January 20, 2018 05:32

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

I definitely think there's some of that at work, but his hand is injured for sure. To what extent, who knows? Brady was acting super weird during his press conference today.

sure something is wrong with his hand but like you said how bad

Date: January 20, 2018 16:59

4 stitches around a knuckle, either his thumb knuckle or his first finger.

[www.nj.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home