Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: December 24, 2017 21:52

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

hot smileyFOOTBALL ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!! and meaningful games too!!! smileys with beer And more football tomorrow toodrinking smiley

the last week of the season is going to be a slug fest
thumbs up Their plan is working perfectly!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 25, 2017 02:54

Russell Wilson must've had a talk with a supreme being. & not talking Pete Carroll. GO HAWKS!

Date: December 25, 2017 03:13

Another week another TD overturned against the patriots that swung momentum

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 25, 2017 06:02

keefriffhard4life
Was watching the game with my parents...it was a tough call but I thought it should have gone to the Bills.

However, I don't believe that the Pats are getting favorable treatment from the league. How can anyone believe that after all the animosity between Goodell, Kraft and Brady over Deflategate? If any team would not be getting the benefit of the doubt, it's the Pats.

Date: December 25, 2017 06:15

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
Was watching the game with my parents...it was a tough call but I thought it should have gone to the Bills.

However, I don't believe that the Pats are getting favorable treatment from the league. How can anyone believe that after all the animosity between Goodell, Kraft and Brady over Deflategate? If any team would not be getting the benefit of the doubt, it's the Pats.

I believe this is the 4th time this year a TD was called on the field and overturned in the pats favor. from what I see no other team has more than 1 such call so the patriots have certainly gotten more of these calls this year and not all of them have been home games for the pats.

todays though I saw 3 times the saints tackled players from Atlanta before the ball arrived and no flags were thrown. the end of the jets/chargers game is certainly looked to me like robby Anderson was held in the end zone and no flag either

Date: December 25, 2017 06:39

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

I believe this is the 4th time this year a TD was called on the field and overturned in the pats favor. from what I see no other team has more than 1 such call so the patriots have certainly gotten more of these calls this year and not all of them have been home games for the pats.

todays though I saw 3 times the saints tackled players from Atlanta before the ball arrived and no flags were thrown. the end of the jets/chargers game is certainly looked to me like robby Anderson was held in the end zone and no flag either
What would possibly be the benefit of giving the Pats favorable treatment?

The team is universally despised outside of New England. They don't have a wide fanbase like the Cowboys or Green Bay. Goodell and Kraft have had a strained relationship since Deflategate.

But go ahead...you'll argue the opposite because that's what you do.

Date: December 25, 2017 06:47

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

The team is universally despised outside of New England. They don't have a wide fanbase like the Cowboys or Green Bay. Goodell and Kraft have had a strained relationship since Deflategate.

the patriots have a huge fanbase, probably bandwagon fans. my facebook here in richmond va has at least 20 patriots fans on it.

what would be the benefit? patriots in the SB so they can tie the steelers for most SB win. a pitt/pats rematch in the afc championship game for big ratings. brady getting his 6th ring and riding off into the sunset with many saying that's why he's the greatest ever. the nfl saying "see we have nothing against the patriots over deflategate"

Controversial Jets TD reversed so Pats win. Controversial Steelers TD reversed Pats win Controversial Pats TD vs Texans not reversed Pats win Controversial Bills TD reversed Pats win Not too obvious what is going on here. No way these are all just coincidental

Date: December 25, 2017 10:53

i made a comment here that I though by the end of the year we would start seeing brady's age catch up with him. so do we think that's what has happened or are injuries on the team causing him to look bad?

last 4 games for brady
4 TDs, 5 INTs
passer rating= 84
completion %=65.9%

he's only broken 300+ yards once in the past 7 games. the first 8 games of the year he broke 300 yards 5 times. his passer rating the first 11 games of the season was 111.2 so its dropped about 30 points. also the first 11 games of the season he had thrown 26 TDs and only 3 INTs

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: December 25, 2017 14:27

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

the patriots have a huge fanbase, probably bandwagon fans. my facebook here in richmond va has at least 20 patriots fans on it.

what would be the benefit? patriots in the SB so they can tie the steelers for most SB win. a pitt/pats rematch in the afc championship game for big ratings. brady getting his 6th ring and riding off into the sunset with many saying that's why he's the greatest ever. the nfl saying "see we have nothing against the patriots over deflategate"

Controversial Jets TD reversed so Pats win. Controversial Steelers TD reversed Pats win Controversial Pats TD vs Texans not reversed Pats win Controversial Bills TD reversed Pats win Not too obvious what is going on here. No way these are all just coincidental

Ah classic Patriots hater. Seriously? There is a conspiracy going on? These referee crews are all in on it? Really? the call in the Jets game wasn't the right call? I think it was. Jets had 2 drives in that game and came up short. Steelers call wasn't the right call? Yes it was. You can hate the rule but the call was correct. Steelers peed there pants after that call. Yesterday's call was probably the right call but I agree on that one, could have went either way but certainly did not decide the game. The Bills got 3 points at the end of the half where they should have gotten 7 points but they lost by 21. Do you it would have mattered that they go into the half tied or up by 4 when they end of losing by 21? Many times its a bad call not because there is a conspiracy it's because the refs are bad refs or they miss a call. Pats lost to Carolina on 2 terrible calls that ended the game. A defenseive hold on 3rd down and a hands to the face on 3rd down both calls extend the last Carolina drive and gave them the victory. But as a football fan first and Pats fan second it's all about January. The regular season is a warm up and a way to set the stage for 2 games in January to get to the superbowl. For the Pats it's been like this for the last 17 years. 17 years. Oh man!

Date: December 25, 2017 14:52

Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

Ah classic Patriots hater. Seriously? There is a conspiracy going on? These referee crews are all in on it? Really? the call in the Jets game wasn't the right call? I think it was. Jets had 2 drives in that game and came up short. Steelers call wasn't the right call? Yes it was. You can hate the rule but the call was correct. Steelers peed there pants after that call. Yesterday's call was probably the right call but I agree on that one, could have went either way but certainly did not decide the game. The Bills got 3 points at the end of the half where they should have gotten 7 points but they lost by 21. Do you it would have mattered that they go into the half tied or up by 4 when they end of losing by 21? Many times its a bad call not because there is a conspiracy it's because the refs are bad refs or they miss a call. Pats lost to Carolina on 2 terrible calls that ended the game. A defenseive hold on 3rd down and a hands to the face on 3rd down both calls extend the last Carolina drive and gave them the victory. But as a football fan first and Pats fan second it's all about January. The regular season is a warm up and a way to set the stage for 2 games in January to get to the superbowl. For the Pats it's been like this for the last 17 years. 17 years. Oh man!

got it, everyone else is wrong and patriots fans are right. you obviously don't know the term "momentum swing". losing by 21 doesn't tell the story of the game or how the bills would have played being up by 4 instead of tied.

btw the patriots have missed the playoffs 2 times in the last 17 years and missed the AFC championship game 3 years so its not always like that

Date: December 25, 2017 15:35

keefriffhard4life
...know the term "momentum swing". losing by 21 doesn't tell the story of the game or how the bills would have played being up by 4 instead of tied...

You are 110% correct. The refs can absolutely be biased and it is often ridiculously obvious.

The momentum killing "holding" call is the simplest way they do it. Holding happens almost every single play, but when they call it and against who show the obvious bias. Another control penalty is the bs "lined up in the neutral zone" where a guy lines up the same way 8 plays in row, but they do not call it until there is a big play to be nulified.

And then there is the comedy of watching the refs pick up a flag.... it is sometimes enough to throw a brick through the turn off the TV.

With all of that said, I stopped complaining about the refs years ago, I am not saying anyone here is... I am simply saying these days I never blame a loss on the refs. I will know that is was, but I wont say it out loud.

It was either accept that it is rigged or stop watching the NFL, like I stopped watching stupid ass NASCAR and the NBA. I used to LOVE them but today I could not care less about NASCAR or the NBA and it would take quite a bit for them to get me back.

But I still like the NFL, but that sht is rigged for certain teams and certain QBs. It is obvious.

The bottom line is my team (which is not one of the "anointed teams") not only has to beat the other teams players, we have to beat the other teams home crowd, beat the weather, beat the fire alarms at away hotels, beat the other coaches and beat the refs... beat everything.

If my team is not good enough to beat the refs they are not good enough to move forward, it is the way things are.

I know my team has to be up by 3 TDs with 1:00 0:00 to go in the 4th quarter or tough sht. I know the refs can and will screw us... the league controls it, but they can not make it too blatant.

These days I just roll my eyes when the refs start their zebra sht. I watch accepting the facts that my team was not good enough to win if we lose based on bs zebra calls... and there are a lot of them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-25 15:39 by Leonioid.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 25, 2017 16:59

oh the humanity.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 25, 2017 19:12

Saints BEAT Cantlanta! Loved it! Falcants fans complaining up a storm about the officiating - even though every penalty was legit, unlike what happened 2 weeks ago.

Date: December 25, 2017 20:39

GasLightStreet
Saints BEAT Cantlanta! Loved it! Falcants fans complaining up a storm about the officiating - even though every penalty was legit, unlike what happened 2 weeks ago.

twice I saw the saints start tackling an Atlanta player before the ball even got there on crucial downs. Once no flag and another time they threw a flag and then picked it up and said no penalty. Made no sense at all

Date: December 26, 2017 01:00

maybe the league picks favorites, picks "pet teams" to be divisive, to be like the WWF, to create and have "good guys" and "bad guys". Have teams most people will like and have teams people love to hate, like most everyone hates the pats and the frkn steelers.

It is cool to have NFL today...
It is a bummer to only have one game(at a time) and not being able to tune to another game.

What string QB is Houston on now? 6th string... 7th string? local high school kid?

Date: December 26, 2017 01:56

keefriffhard4life
i made a comment here that I though by the end of the year we would start seeing brady's age catch up with him. so do we think that's what has happened or are injuries on the team causing him to look bad?

last 4 games for brady
4 TDs, 5 INTs
passer rating= 84
completion %=65.9%

he's only broken 300+ yards once in the past 7 games. the first 8 games of the year he broke 300 yards 5 times. his passer rating the first 11 games of the season was 111.2 so its dropped about 30 points. also the first 11 games of the season he had thrown 26 TDs and only 3 INTs
He's throwing horribly. The Patriots are going to regret not hanging on to Garropolo. It would have been impossible to sign him with the salary cap, but Brady is going to be pretty much worthless by the end of next season, if not sooner.

Date: December 26, 2017 02:03

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

The Patriots have a large fanbase, but it's concentrated in New England, unlike the Cowboys or Green Bay, who have fans from coast to coast.

I don't buy it...everyone outside New England hates the Patriots and is sick of them winning. Belichick is considered to be an evil genius and Brady has the public personality of a department store mannequin. I guarantee you NFL marketing would like a new team that's actually likable to the country at large to emerge.

But if you prefer to feed your persecution/inferiority complex, go right ahead.

Date: December 26, 2017 05:27

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

last 4 games for brady
4 TDs, 5 INTs
passer rating= 84
completion %=65.9%

He's throwing horribly. The Patriots are going to regret not hanging on to Garropolo. It would have been impossible to sign him with the salary cap, but Brady is going to be pretty much worthless by the end of next season, if not sooner.

so you feel its age getting him and not just issues with the team?

Date: December 26, 2017 06:57

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life

last 4 games for brady
4 TDs, 5 INTs
passer rating= 84
completion %=65.9%

so you feel its age getting him and not just issues with the team?
Yeah, I feel like he's losing a step. He's overthrowing a lot...there are some pretty serious personnel issues with the team as well. Not having Edelman has been a huge problem, but he just hasn't looked right this year.

Same thing happened last year, only it was during the playoffs, but remember he missed the first four games, so if you time it the same way, it'a bout the same...11-12 games into the season, and he starts losing steam. The hits are piling up, he's sore, his Achilles is hurting him....I think it's only going to get worse.

That Super Bowl last year was such an insane fluke. It was an incredible comeback, but people forget how thoroughly awful he was for 3 quarters, not to mention Atlanta practically throwing the game.

Date: December 26, 2017 07:01

Not saying he can't still be his old brilliant self in spurts, but seriously, how much longer can they TRULY rely on a 40 year old quarterback? As much of a fan as I am of him and what he's achieved, we have to be realistic. His diet and training regimen will only get him so far. Father Time is undefeated.

The Patriots are heading for an ugly breakup. I was hoping for a dual retirement from Brady/Belichick riding off into the sunset, but I don't think it will happen. This past win was the time to do it, and they missed the window.

Date: December 26, 2017 08:42

keefriff99
Not saying he can't still be his old brilliant self in spurts, but seriously, how much longer can they TRULY rely on a 40 year old quarterback? As much of a fan as I am of him and what he's achieved, we have to be realistic. His diet and training regimen will only get him so far. Father Time is undefeated.

The Patriots are heading for an ugly breakup. I was hoping for a dual retirement from Brady/Belichick riding off into the sunset, but I don't think it will happen. This past win was the time to do it, and they missed the window.

maybe they do it this year and ride off.

you are right though no amount of training or proper diet keeps a 40 year old the same strength and speed he was 5+ years ago. aging can't be beat. wasn't sure if fans thought he was starting to show signs of aging or it was just issues with new players and other players being out hurt. if he plays next year i think by thanksgiving he will start showing these issues again. each year it seems to start a week or 2 earlier than the previous year

Date: December 26, 2017 13:02

Looking at the standings, [www.cbssports.com] there is a mix up of which teams who are in it this year. I think it is good to see some teams in it which have not been there recently. I don't know how it will turn out, but... we will see soon.... and that's why they play the game!

Go Rams! Go Minnesota!! Go Jacksonville!!! Ya got a shot!

Date: December 26, 2017 13:11

hmmm.. that is interesting...

Team for a city split, a states team, a team for a city

Date: December 26, 2017 17:00

Leonioid
Looking at the standings, [www.cbssports.com] there is a mix up of which teams who are in it this year. I think it is good to see some teams in it which have not been there recently. I don't know how it will turn out, but... we will see soon.... and that's why they play the game!

I'm actually rooting for either the Rams or the Jaguars if the Pats get knocked out.

Date: December 26, 2017 18:38

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

twice I saw the saints start tackling an Atlanta player before the ball even got there on crucial downs. Once no flag and another time they threw a flag and then picked it up and said no penalty. Made no sense at all

They did get away with some missed calls. Regardless of that, there are a lot of Atlanta fans crying right now because, well, they're sore losers.

Date: December 26, 2017 18:41

keefriff99
That Super Bowl last year was such an insane fluke. It was an incredible comeback, but people forget how thoroughly awful he was for 3 quarters, not to mention Atlanta practically throwing the game.

PSSSSST. That Super Bowl was this year - February 5th.

Date: December 26, 2017 18:45

Glad to see Detroit and Dallas, especially, eliminated.

Date: December 26, 2017 18:47

GasLightStreet
keefriff99

Alright, calm down...you know damn well what I was referring to.

Date: December 26, 2017 18:49

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
keefriff99

Alright, calm down...you know damn well what I was referring to.

HA HA HA HA!

Date: December 26, 2017 23:39

keefriff99
Leonioid

I'm actually rooting for either the Rams or the Jaguars if the Pats get knocked out.

I am just happy to see some new teams in it.
And I am happy to see there will be no <9-6 teams to be found after next week...
It should be an interesting bunch of playoff games! I am ready for some next level football!

PS
Looking again at the standings...
Man, the league sure does rotate. Seeing some recently very good teams sitting with only only 2-5 wins, for various reasons, but sheeeesh...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 918
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home