Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 27, 2017 01:02

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
That Super Bowl last year was such an insane fluke. It was an incredible comeback, but people forget how thoroughly awful he was for 3 quarters, not to mention Atlanta practically throwing the game.

PSSSSST. That Super Bowl was this year - February 5th.
Alright, calm down...you know damn well what I was referring to.

HA HA HA HA!
Yeah yeah grinning smiley

Date: December 27, 2017 02:36

So the Steelers cut James Harrison with one week left in the season, and who picks him up? The PATRIOTS!

LOL, gotta love the mind games.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 27, 2017 04:33

the dark side of the force is strong with belichek

Date: December 27, 2017 04:41

Harrison may be old but he's an angry guy and could probably give the Pats some pointers if they meet in the AFC Championship Game.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: December 27, 2017 05:29

keefriff99
Harrison may be old but he's an angry guy and could probably give the Pats some pointers if they meet in the AFC Championship Game.
There should be a rule, and maybe there is, that if/when a player switches teams he is not allowed to reveal any information about his former team for 3-4 years. I understand that even if there is/was a rule it could be broken, but at least the people involved would be aware they are cheating... not that the pats have any problems cheating e.g. taping the other teams practices.

I have no idea why the dumbass Steelers would cut a player this late in the season while they are still in it, that is just stupid. They are just begging for him to be snapped up by another team and waterboarded for information.

Really really stupid move by the Steelers... there is good chance they will pay the pats in the playoffs.

Date: December 27, 2017 05:39

Leonioid
keefriff99
There should be a rule, and maybe there is, that if/when a player switches teams he is not allowed to reveal any information about his former team for 3-4 years. I understand that even if there is/was a rule it could be broken, but at least the people involved would be aware they are cheating... not that the pats have any problems cheating e.g. taping the other teams practices.

I have no idea why the dumbass Steelers would cut a player this late in the season while they are still in it, that is just stupid. They are just begging for him to be snapped up by another team and waterboarded for information.

Really really stupid move by the Steelers... there is good chance they will pay the pats in the playoffs.

he was barely playing and the steeelers cut him to open a roster spot. if you look though almost every player the jets cut the patriots pick up and vice versa even if they never make the active roster

Date: December 27, 2017 05:43

I honestly don't know what Harrison could do for the Pats either on the field or off.

The guy is a physical freak and a workout fiend, but he's 39 and hasn't played much this season, as you said. As far as any "secrets" to divulge, I doubt there's too much to give honestly.

This is really just low-grade psychological warfare on Belichick's part. I'm sure the Steelers know how he operates and are probably not phased by it.

Date: December 27, 2017 05:50

keefriff99
I honestly don't know what Harrison could do for the Pats either on the field or off.

The guy is a physical freak and a workout fiend, but he's 39 and hasn't played much this season, as you said. As far as any "secrets" to divulge, I doubt there's too much to give honestly.

This is really just low-grade psychological warfare on Belichick's part. I'm sure the Steelers know how he operates and are probably not phased by it.

Maybe they gave him a bunch of fake information before he was let go grinning smiley

Date: December 27, 2017 06:09

Leonioid
keefriff99

Maybe they gave him a bunch of fake information before he was let go grinning smiley
Heh, maybe.

As far as banning players from divulging playbook secrets for a period of time, etc....not a TERRIBLE idea, but basically unenforceable. It would be more of a "spirit and the letter" type of rule for the NFL.

Date: December 27, 2017 06:24

keefriff99

something someone on another forum stated. harrison has 3 tackles this year all against KC and 1 was a sack against alex smith. i wonder if thats the reason they signed him, the KC playoff threat

Date: December 27, 2017 06:30

keefriff99
Leonioid
keefriff99

Heh, maybe.

As far as banning players from divulging playbook secrets for a period of time, etc....not a TERRIBLE idea, but basically unenforceable. It would be more of a "spirit and the letter" type of rule for the NFL.
Yeah, it would be hard to enforce and probably hard to handle as to what was acceptable to talk about or not, many gray areas.... but if there was rule at least people involved would know it could not be blatant like "Here is a copy the play book i copied before I left"... or something.

I dont know what he rules are regarding that type of thing, there has to be something.

But I do know in the NFL the talent level is pretty dang equal from team to team and it all comes down to the little things who will win a game when each team is healthy. It comes down to strategy and hiding what/who is coming from where and doing what... e.g. will the TE block for the RB or go for a slant from this formation? or will the RB block for the QB as the TE goes for the slant... or will both block for the QB as the WR goes deep... all run from the exact same formation.

Will a dufus defense always run a prevent zone and give up 5-15 yard plays everytime.... man I hate that... or will a defense be smart and gamble because they think/know the offense is tipping its hand...

The team that can fool the other team into gambling wrong will do better... and it is those little things that can be revealed by a bitter released player... maybe

I don't know if this trade will help hurt either of them... I guess we will see. I will watch for who the Steelers pick up, and if it is no one... then wtf?

One more week and then the real season starts, lets hope it is a good one.

Date: December 27, 2017 06:32

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

something someone on another forum stated. harrison has 3 tackles this year all against KC and 1 was a sack against alex smith. i wonder if thats the reason they signed him, the KC playoff threat

Interesting, thank you for that...
if you happen to see who the Steelers pick up I would like to know.

Date: December 27, 2017 06:41

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99

they cut him to make room for marcus gilbert. they had no spots left as gilberts old spot was being used for to help fill in offensive players once brown and james conner went down.

Date: December 27, 2017 06:59

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

they cut him to make room for marcus gilbert. they had no spots left as gilberts old spot was being used for to help fill in offensive players once brown and james conner went down.

Thank you

Date: December 27, 2017 07:16

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

Thank you

also shazier obviously being out played a part in all of this roster shuffling

Date: December 27, 2017 07:26

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

Thank you

also shazier obviously being out played a part in all of this roster shuffling

Well, I misspoke about this being "really really stupid" on the Steelers part, when I guess they are just doing what they had to do to make roster space... and of course if the pats have the extra space they will take the cut player.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 27, 2017 16:03

Leonioid
keefriff99

Regarding providing insight:
Did y'all not see the recent Panthers game vs. Green Bay (I think)... From film study, one of the Green Bay linebackers noticed a formation at the line of scrimmage and alerted his teammates to watch for something specific. Cam Newton then said something to the effect of "You saw that? Watch THIS". And proceeded to run a play that proved the defender was, for all intents and purposes correct in what he saw, and the Panthers scored a touchdown anyway.

IMO, Harrison could bring the Pats his final Steelers playbook and they wouldn't be much better off than where they were the day before.

Personally, I just wish that Harrison could have finished his career with the Steelers. That's the fan in me speaking though. I've got to trust that the organization is only willing to let him go if they believe it improves their chances of winning.

GO STEELERS!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 27, 2017 18:15

"You been watching film, huh? That's cool. Watch this."

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 27, 2017 18:32

GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

That's IT! Not a fan of the Panthers but I loved that exchange when I first saw the highlights.

[www.youtube.com] is a link with somewhat better audio with studio and post game commentary. Starts at about 0:00:46

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 27, 2017 18:43

mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

That's IT! Not a fan of the Panthers but I loved that exchange when I first saw the highlights.

[www.youtube.com] is a link with somewhat better audio with studio and post game commentary. Starts at about 0:00:46

Peace,
Mr DJA

Here are two others that are specific:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 27, 2017 19:03

mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Date: December 27, 2017 19:24

keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Side note (Off Topic) -->> Videos like these make me wish that the NBA had better audio coverage of some of the historical trash talking from the Bird, Magic, Jordan era. Apparently those guys were trash talkers to the Nth degree. These days they'd be T'd up for "taunting" but back then, apparently, they and a few others would literally be telling each other what they were about to do and just daring each other to try and stop them.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 27, 2017 20:17

mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Side note (Off Topic) -->> Videos like these make me wish that the NBA had better audio coverage of some of the historical trash talking from the Bird, Magic, Jordan era. Apparently those guys were trash talkers to the Nth degree. These days they'd be T'd up for "taunting" but back then, apparently, they and a few others would literally be telling each other what they were about to do and just daring each other to try and stop them.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Maybe that's why they trash talked so freely. Being miked up would have snubbed their precious on court conversations. BTW Brady refuses to be miked up so not to give away play calls.

Date: December 27, 2017 20:32

Maindefender
mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Maybe that's why they trash talked so freely. Being miked up would have snubbed their precious on court conversations. BTW Brady refuses to be miked up so not to give away play calls.

Actually, I wasn't referring to being "mic'd up" as I believe that has more to do with the tv networks.

The NFL has had and used large parabolic mics on the sidelines for decades and, as a result, NFL films has been able to produce some awesome films over the years. That's more along the lines of what I was wishing for the NBA.

Re: Brady: He must not be as smart as I gave him credit for if he doesn't realize that everything he's ever said on a NFL field is most likely in storage for future use by NFL films.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 27, 2017 20:32

Maindefender
Brady refuses to be miked up so not to give away play calls.

He didn't learn anything from Peyton Manning. Huh. That's a pretty lame excuse to not be miced up.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 27, 2017 21:21

keefriff99
So the Steelers cut James Harrison with one week left in the season, and who picks him up? The PATRIOTS!

LOL, gotta love the mind games.

I think its wrong that you are still able to add players to your roster after the trade deadline. All rosters should be frozen and you should only be able to bring up guys from your frozen practice roster... That would make more sense to me anyway

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 27, 2017 21:32

mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Actually, I wasn't referring to being "mic'd up" as I believe that has more to do with the tv networks.

The NFL has had and used large parabolic mics on the sidelines for decades and, as a result, NFL films has been able to produce some awesome films over the years. That's more along the lines of what I was wishing for the NBA.

Re: Brady: He must not be as smart as I gave him credit for if he doesn't realize that everything he's ever said on a NFL field is most likely in storage for future use by NFL films.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Either way NBA players would not have chirped as much knowing the networks could eavesdrop on their sacred conversations. Probably written as part of the players union agreement. And they LOVE to chirp just as much today as yesteryear....thumbs up

Date: December 27, 2017 22:00

mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Peace,
Mr DJA
Jordan and Bird were in a league of their own when it came to trash talking, from what I've read.

Date: December 27, 2017 22:42

keefriff99
mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Peace,
Mr DJA
Jordan and Bird were in a league of their own when it came to trash talking, from what I've read.

I've read (and sometimes heard) the same thing. Was lucky enough to have friends whose dad had 3rd row seats behind the hockey wall at the old Boston Garden. Though I was never able to catch what Bird was saying on the court in it's entirety, there were times that I could clearly hear ML Carr shouting things from the bench that made my Mom & and I start laughing in our seats. Danny Ainge was also good for a laugh from time to time. Ahh the good old days.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 27, 2017 22:50

Maindefender
mr_dja
Maindefender
mr_dja
keefriff99
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA
Ha, that's awesome.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Peace,
Mr DJA

Either way NBA players would not have chirped as much knowing the networks could eavesdrop on their sacred conversations. Probably written as part of the players union agreement. And they LOVE to chirp just as much today as yesteryear....thumbs up

Apparently you've never seen the NFL films if you're convinced that players & coaches would start self-censoring themselves. While the official releases only contain PG-13 material, there are plenty of examples of R & NC-17 sideline banter as well. Some of those old "NFL Films Presents" are awesome to watch. The ability to compare with the current NoFunLeague is amazing sometimes.

Check out the NFL Films channel on YouTube. As I missed it when it just recently debuted, I'll be heading there later today for to watch the new Swann & Stallworth "A Football Life" episode. Lynn Swann lived next door to my aunt when I was a kid and is the reason I'm a Steelers fan to this day.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home