Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 13, 2017 17:54

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
WOW. Easily one of the worst games of Brady's career. What a nightmare.

From what those talking heads were saying, it IS the worst game of Brady's career.

just this year though he had a game with no TDs and an INT an the first game of the year he had no TDs completed 44% of his passes and looked bad.
One thing that makes this year's bad games different than past years is that he's 40 now. If anyone can extend the prime of his career a year or two longer than anyone else has managed to at the QB position, Brady can, but I'm not convinced he will. The dropoff is rapid at that age (Favre, Manning, etc) especially as the hits pile up.

That's part of why the reign is ending. That aside, it seems that New England just isn't as good as last year - or this year, when they won SB51. Something is not right.

Of course, we're talking about a team that is 10-3. No where near a Cleveland or NY Giants or Indy.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: December 13, 2017 18:44

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
I don't care HOW MUCH you hate Atlanta or how bad that choke was last year (and it was one of the worst I've ever seen).

That's all irrelevant. A head coach acting like a punk teenager before the game is even over is stupid as hell, PLUS his team lost in the end. He looked like a complete moron.

New Orleans lost in the end partly because of that ex-Atlanta Falcons player ref that was making up fake calls, which cost the Saints 3 points.

Sean Payton giving the choke sign? HILARIOUS. Yes, because it's Atlanta. You appear to not understand.
I'm just not into coaches acting like that regardless of which teams are involved. I'd be embarrassed if it was the team I rooted for. Then Payton pretends he didn't do what he did at the post-game press conference. Goofy stuff.

But if you liked it, that's all that counts.

Date: December 13, 2017 22:14

GasLightStreet
keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
WOW. Easily one of the worst games of Brady's career. What a nightmare.

From what those talking heads were saying, it IS the worst game of Brady's career.

just this year though he had a game with no TDs and an INT an the first game of the year he had no TDs completed 44% of his passes and looked bad.
One thing that makes this year's bad games different than past years is that he's 40 now. If anyone can extend the prime of his career a year or two longer than anyone else has managed to at the QB position, Brady can, but I'm not convinced he will. The dropoff is rapid at that age (Favre, Manning, etc) especially as the hits pile up.

That's part of why the reign is ending. That aside, it seems that New England just isn't as good as last year - or this year, when they won SB51. Something is not right.

Of course, we're talking about a team that is 10-3. No where near a Cleveland or NY Giants or Indy.
Oh, they're still a solid team, but they're deficient. Without Edelman, Brady has lost his favorite target, and Gronk is always an injury risk.

Their defense has been shockingly hot and cold and the O-line is not doing a great job protecting their 40 year old golden boy.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: December 14, 2017 00:41

Gotta say it was sad to see Wentz go down for the season... he is a gamer !!

Hawks season will be decided this Sunday I have a good feeling they are going to pull of a great game !

Go Hawks

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 14, 2017 08:59

umakmehrd
Gotta say it was sad to see Wentz go down for the season... he is a gamer !!

Hawks season will be decided this Sunday I have a good feeling they are going to pull of a great game !

Go Hawks

ya, i'm still rooting for them. fingers crossed about bobby wagner & k.j. wright. you know i'm hardcore but i really thought bennett should've gotten at least a game suspension. it wasn't the first time he's done something like that. it was ugly to watch & i felt as ashamed as when similar went on at the super bowl vs new england. good sportsmanship should always be a factor.

Date: December 14, 2017 18:40

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
keefriff99
I don't care HOW MUCH you hate Atlanta or how bad that choke was last year (and it was one of the worst I've ever seen).

That's all irrelevant. A head coach acting like a punk teenager before the game is even over is stupid as hell, PLUS his team lost in the end. He looked like a complete moron.

New Orleans lost in the end partly because of that ex-Atlanta Falcons player ref that was making up fake calls, which cost the Saints 3 points.

Sean Payton giving the choke sign? HILARIOUS. Yes, because it's Atlanta. You appear to not understand.
I'm just not into coaches acting like that regardless of which teams are involved. I'd be embarrassed if it was the team I rooted for. Then Payton pretends he didn't do what he did at the post-game press conference. Goofy stuff.

But if you liked it, that's all that counts.

Oh I don't necessarily like it, I just find it somewhat entertaining.

Date: December 15, 2017 09:43

interesting article:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: December 15, 2017 10:52

crholmstrom
interesting article:

[www.rollingstone.com]

lo.. what a fluff piece. Bennett lied about an incident in las vegas and is now trying to hurt other players on the field. another seattle player tried to get into the stands and fight fans. now they need a fluff piece to try and excuse this behavior and take focus off of the fact no one was suspended

Date: December 15, 2017 12:15

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
interesting article:

[www.rollingstone.com]

lo.. what a fluff piece. Bennett lied about an incident in las vegas and is now trying to hurt other players on the field. another seattle player tried to get into the stands and fight fans. now they need a fluff piece to try and excuse this behavior and take focus off of the fact no one was suspended

now be nice! i try not to get carried away on anyone else's teams. they mention some other players that have done good things. cliff avril has done much for haiti. & doug baldwin has grown up the past few years. earl thomas (my favorite player) did a lot for texas hurricane relief without a lot of publicity. i agree bennett should've been suspended for last week's actions. as far as the vegas thing goes, i don't think anyone knows the whole story. i believe there was most likely some fault on both sides. did you know that russell wilson spends time at the children's hospital every week when he's in town? we're talking about the little kids with cancer etc. has done so the whole time he has been on the team & he doesn't go out looking for tv cameras to document it. as i said before, i think it may be getting close to time to move on from pete carroll. i predict he'll coach until contract is up. they need to get someone who has a bit more discipline in him to rein in some of these guys.

Date: December 15, 2017 13:18

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
interesting article:

[www.rollingstone.com]

now be nice! i try not to get carried away on anyone else's teams. they mention some other players that have done good things. cliff avril has done much for haiti. & doug baldwin has grown up the past few years. earl thomas (my favorite player) did a lot for texas hurricane relief without a lot of publicity. i agree bennett should've been suspended for last week's actions. as far as the vegas thing goes, i don't think anyone knows the whole story. i believe there was most likely some fault on both sides. did you know that russell wilson spends time at the children's hospital every week when he's in town? we're talking about the little kids with cancer etc. has done so the whole time he has been on the team & he doesn't go out looking for tv cameras to document it. as i said before, i think it may be getting close to time to move on from pete carroll. i predict he'll coach until contract is up. they need to get someone who has a bit more discipline in him to rein in some of these guys.

I have no doubt these guys and many other players do great things. my point was the timing of the article seemed to coincide with the team melting down at the end of a game and then the nfl not punishing any of the players who started it, threw punches , tried to climb into the stand, etc.

when is petes contract up? he is like 66 years old and coaching in the nfl takes a toll on you in many ways. not sure he has a ton of years left. plus like I already mentioned every place he's coached there has been PED allegations/issues, player discipline issues, rumblings of other things.

Date: December 15, 2017 14:15

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
interesting article:

[www.rollingstone.com]

I have no doubt these guys and many other players do great things. my point was the timing of the article seemed to coincide with the team melting down at the end of a game and then the nfl not punishing any of the players who started it, threw punches , tried to climb into the stand, etc.

when is petes contract up? he is like 66 years old and coaching in the nfl takes a toll on you in many ways. not sure he has a ton of years left. plus like I already mentioned every place he's coached there has been PED allegations/issues, player discipline issues, rumblings of other things.

2 more seasons after this one. he will play it out for sure. i'm pretty sure uw coach chris petersen will be getting a call from uw alum paul allen at that point...

Date: December 15, 2017 16:34

Considering the amount of teams eliminated from making the playoffs, the NFL should consider when a team gets eliminated, they're done. What's the point of Denver and Indy playing last night?

Zero.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: December 15, 2017 17:55

GasLightStreet
What's the point of Denver and Indy playing last night?

Millions and millions and millions of Dollars... and jobs... and draft picks and...

Date: December 15, 2017 21:03

GasLightStreet
Considering the amount of teams eliminated from making the playoffs, the NFL should consider when a team gets eliminated, they're done. What's the point of Denver and Indy playing last night?

Zero.

when the game was scheduled i bet they thought it would be meanigful

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 15, 2017 21:55

GasLightStreet

Zero.

Tie breakers of teams that have made the playoffs can be used in these games. Strength of victory, strength of schedule, common opponents. A team like Cleveland that doesn't make the playoff can knock someone out last game of the year.

Date: December 16, 2017 02:36

Yeah, I know all of that in the three above. Money, of course, being the biggest.

But why on Earth is Cleveland still allowed to be a team!!!!!!!!????????

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 17, 2017 22:42

Go Hawks!
Big home game.. winner likely wins division!!

((( SEAAA... )))

Date: December 18, 2017 00:04

MisterDDDD
Go Hawks!
Big home game.. winner likely wins division!!

((( SEAAA... )))

judging by action so far...wish the NE-PITT game was on channel 7!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 18, 2017 00:14

Ugh

Date: December 18, 2017 00:20

the rams are in with a win today right and win that division?

Date: December 18, 2017 01:10

Jeezus, the Hawks are being obliterated.

Pats/Steelers a nail-biter. Steelers look superior but Pats keeping it close.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 18, 2017 04:36

keefriff99

I'm a Pats fan but I get more enjoyment watching certain teams lose than watching my own team win. Steelers are at the top of the list, so when it's the Pats that beat them on a goal line interception it is so very very sweet.

Date: December 18, 2017 04:45

virgil
keefriff99

I'm a Pats fan but I get more enjoyment watching certain teams lose than watching my own team win. Steelers are at the top of the list, so when it's the Pats that beat them on a goal line interception it is so very very sweet.
I'm a Pats fan as well, but goddamn...that game was served up to them on a silver platter.

Date: December 18, 2017 06:14

keefriff99
virgil
keefriff99

I'm a Pats fan as well, but goddamn...that game was served up to them on a silver platter.

the catch/no catch debate rages on

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 18, 2017 06:16

P Diddy wants to buy the Panthers...

[fansided.com]

Date: December 18, 2017 06:53

hahaahaa... the faiders suck so hard, they have sucked so hard for so long... it is comedy

It is beyond me how anyone can still like them
They are experts at coming up with new ways to LOSE
Fumbling into the endzone to LOSE? when it should have been a win? lmao.

If that hurts anyone's feelings then I suggest you get a new team to like.

btw- the faiders are the only NFL team I would say that about

Date: December 18, 2017 06:57

Koen
P Diddy wants to buy the Panthers...

[fansided.com]

$820 million net worth is not wealthy enough to buy an NFL team.

And anyone who dreams Sean Combs Puff Daddy P.Diddy Brother Love has not committed just as much, if not more, more sexual harassment than any of those accused has not paid attention to how the crap rap business operates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 07:04 by Leonioid.

Date: December 18, 2017 12:59

Seahawks were just horrible yesterday. Nothing good to say. They are done this year. Maybe with the better draft pick they can find a soccer player to convert to offensive line...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 18, 2017 16:33

keefriff99
virgil
keefriff99

I agree that catch should always be a touchdown. Imho if the ground cannot cause a fumble why should it be able to cause an incomplete pass. Also Pitt had the easy tie after the overturned TD , you don't call a slant on the goal line with 10 seconds left and no timeouts, That's on Big Ben. Also they had a chance to end the game with the dropped INT on Pats last drive.

Date: December 18, 2017 16:37

virgil
keefriff99
virgil
keefriff99

I agree that catch should always be a touchdown. Imho if the ground cannot cause a fumble why should it be able to cause an incomplete pass. Also Pitt had the easy tie after the overturned TD , you don't call a slant on the goal line with 10 seconds left and no timeouts, That's on Big Ben. Also they had a chance to end the game with the dropped INT on Pats last drive.
Oh, I agree...the Pats were unflappable as always, and they had already practiced for that fake spike maneuver, which is remarkable. It's those little things that allow them to win where other teams would pack it in.

However, Brady has been looking less than stellar for going on three weeks now, and he's been hit A LOT. I so wish Edelman hadn't gotten hurt during the preseason.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1785
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home