Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Date: November 16, 2017 15:07

Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
Shhhhhhh. The sleeping giant has started to awake. The Patriots have begun that familiar second half of the season run. Uh-oh . . .

whats familiar? 12 times since the 2000 playoffs the patriots have not been in the SB. sure making it 7 times is a high batting average but its not that familiar imo

Ha. Well they have made the conference championship the last six consecutive years. So I think that's the familiarity. But you want to go back to the year 2000? Ok, we'll they have won their division every year except 2002 and 2008. But I'm sure you know all these stats. . . But you are right they have only made the superbowl 7 times in the last 16 years. Damn not that great, uh? Don't be silly, it's an unprescendented run which is still continuing and will trump the 49ers run when all said and done.

i went back to when brady and hoodie joined the patriots

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 16, 2017 15:35

keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
Shhhhhhh. The sleeping giant has started to awake. The Patriots have begun that familiar second half of the season run. Uh-oh . . .

whats familiar? 12 times since the 2000 playoffs the patriots have not been in the SB. sure making it 7 times is a high batting average but its not that familiar imo

Ha. Well they have made the conference championship the last six consecutive years. So I think that's the familiarity. But you want to go back to the year 2000? Ok, we'll they have won their division every year except 2002 and 2008. But I'm sure you know all these stats. . . But you are right they have only made the superbowl 7 times in the last 16 years. Damn not that great, uh? Don't be silly, it's an unprescendented run which is still continuing and will trump the 49ers run when all said and done.

Making the Super Bowl 44% of the time over the course of 16 years is more than impressive.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: November 16, 2017 23:05

keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

I hear ya keefreefhard . . . but Brady's real first year with the hoodie was 2001, he was the 4th string quarterback in 2000.

But since 2001 its been:

2001 Won superbowl
2002 missed playoffs
2003 Won superbowl
2004 Won superbowl
2005 Lost Div Playoff
2006 Lost Conference Championship
2007 Lost Superbowl
2008 Missed Playoffs
2009 Lost in Wildcard
2010 Lost Div Playoff
2011 Lost Superbowl
2012 Lost Conference Championship
2013 Lost Conference Championship
2014 Won Super bowl
2015 Lost Conference Championship
2016 Won Super bowl

5 Superbowl Wins in 16 years
7 Superbowl appearances in 16 years
11 Conference Championship appearances in 16 years (last six years)
14 Division Championships in 16 years

Not to shabby. It certainly rivals the 49ers run of 80's-90s. Not sure the 49ers went to so many Conference Championships. But when Brady and the Hoodie hang it up I'm sure there will be more Championship wins or appearances . . .

Its funny, I'm putting so much effort into this, I'm not that big a fan, HA! But I enjoy watching greatness and watching history unfold before my eyes (if you are into that sort of thing). I am really just a true football fan.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 16, 2017 23:23

Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

I hear ya keefreefhard . . . but Brady's real first year with the hoodie was 2001, he was the 4th string quarterback in 2000.

But since 2001 its been:

2001 Won superbowl
2002 missed playoffs
2003 Won superbowl
2004 Won superbowl
2005 Lost Div Playoff
2007 Lost Superbowl
2008 Missed Playoffs
2009 Lost in Wildcard
2010 Lost Div Playoff
2011 Lost Superbowl
2014 Won Super bowl
2016 Won Super bowl

Not to shabby. It certainly rivals the 49ers run of 80's-90s. Not sure the 49ers went to so many Conference Championships. But when Brady and the Hoodie hang it up I'm sure there will be more Championship wins or appearances . . .

Its funny, I'm putting so much effort into this, I'm not that big a fan, HA! But I enjoy watching greatness and watching history unfold before my eyes (if you are into that sort of thing). I am really just a true football fan.
I wouldn't argue too much...the guy is a Jets fan, so he's really just annoyed over the humiliation his team has suffered over the past 16 seasons.

Don't let anyone tell you that what the Pats have accomplished since 2001 isn't historic. To claim otherwise is delusional.

Posted by: DeadHead4Ever ()
Date: November 17, 2017 03:07

Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

But since 2001 its been:

2001 Won superbowl
2002 missed playoffs
2003 Won superbowl
2004 Won superbowl
2005 Lost Div Playoff
2007 Lost Superbowl
2008 Missed Playoffs
2009 Lost in Wildcard
2010 Lost Div Playoff
2011 Lost Superbowl
2014 Won Super bowl
2016 Won Super bowl

Date: November 17, 2017 08:11

keefriff99
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

But since 2001 its been:

2001 Won superbowl
2002 missed playoffs
2003 Won superbowl
2004 Won superbowl
2005 Lost Div Playoff
2007 Lost Superbowl
2008 Missed Playoffs
2009 Lost in Wildcard
2010 Lost Div Playoff
2011 Lost Superbowl
2014 Won Super bowl
2016 Won Super bowl

I wouldn't argue too much...the guy is a Jets fan, so he's really just annoyed over the humiliation his team has suffered over the past 16 seasons.

Don't let anyone tell you that what the Pats have accomplished since 2001 isn't historic. To claim otherwise is delusional.

humiliation over the past 16 years? 2 AFC championship games. 1 of the 2 non pats AFC east titles and 6 trips to the playoffs.9 winning seasons since the year 2000. not too shabby really for a team people always say is a joke. most patriots fans will also tell you the jets are the team from the afc east they always worry about when they play

the pats fans should be showering the jets with gifts. hoodie originally was going to draft chad pennington as the pats QB of the future. when the patriots had to give the jets their 1st round draft pick the jets used that pick to steal pennington from the patriots. brady was drafted almost out of desperation and only got a chance to prove himself after drew Bledsoe was knocked out of a game against the jets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-17 08:17 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 17, 2017 10:43

want to see the raiders take the patriots apart in mexico city. the beast needs to be unleashed!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 17, 2017 16:56

crholmstrom
want to see the raiders take the patriots apart in mexico city. the beast needs to be unleashed!

Found it interesting to learn that, as part of the preparation for this game, the New England team, after their game last week vs. Denver, did not return home. Instead they stayed in Colorado (I believe they went to Colorado Springs) so they could practice all week in high altitude conditions similar to what they'll face in Mexico City.

Side Note:
I hope that last night's performance by the Steelers was an indication that they may be turning a corner and developing into a team that could make a run in the playoffs.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 17, 2017 17:36

mr_dja
I hope that last night's performance by the Steelers was an indication that they may be turning a corner and developing into a team that could make a run in the playoffs.

Peace,
Mr DJA

They're 8-2 in a weak division (this year, anyway) and are in first place in the AFC as of today. They'll make the playoffs.

Date: November 17, 2017 18:35

I almost fell off my seat watching the Saints (vs the Bills) run the ball for every play on a possession for 96 yards and score a TD with Brees running it in. Second game this season he hasn't thrown a TD pass.

Date: November 17, 2017 18:57

GasLightStreet
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

They're 8-2 in a weak division (this year, anyway) and are in first place in the AFC as of today. They'll make the playoffs.

Right on all accounts... As a lifelong fan though, I'm hoping for a run in the playoffs where they can possibly contend. Even as a fan, as tempting as it is to put more stock in the way they looked in the second half last night, I'm still not convinced that they're ready to make a deep run. I did love it though when Ben made is "Dilly Dilly" call at the line of scrimmage!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 17, 2017 18:59

They do seem a bit off this year. But then they've always been that way at times, with bizarre wins that look like they should've lost.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: November 17, 2017 22:48

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

But since 2001 its been:

2001 Won superbowl
2002 missed playoffs
2003 Won superbowl
2004 Won superbowl
2005 Lost Div Playoff
2007 Lost Superbowl
2008 Missed Playoffs
2009 Lost in Wildcard
2010 Lost Div Playoff
2011 Lost Superbowl
2014 Won Super bowl
2016 Won Super bowl

humiliation over the past 16 years? 2 AFC championship games. 1 of the 2 non pats AFC east titles and 6 trips to the playoffs.9 winning seasons since the year 2000. not too shabby really for a team people always say is a joke. most patriots fans will also tell you the jets are the team from the afc east they always worry about when they play

the pats fans should be showering the jets with gifts. hoodie originally was going to draft chad pennington as the pats QB of the future. when the patriots had to give the jets their 1st round draft pick the jets used that pick to steal pennington from the patriots. brady was drafted almost out of desperation and only got a chance to prove himself after drew Bledsoe was knocked out of a game against the jets.

Yes you are right, the Pats fans should always greet Jets fans with a smile. The history between these teams go back along way. Tuna/Hoodie years of course, but remember the battles in the eighties, good stuff. Yes you guys did well 2 AFC championship games appearance with Sanchise . . . but i always root for the Jets, yes really. I also root for the Bills and Phins. The way i see it is if the division is strong, it pushes the Pats, the tougher the games, the better the Pats are in the long run and headed into the playoffs. For example 2011 the Giants beat the Pats in the Superbowl, Giants were the tougher team, I blame the jets bills phons etc. 2012 Pats lose conference championship to Ravens, tougher team, again thanks alot jets, bills, phins. 2013 Denver beats Pats in Confernce championship game and again they were the tougher team, and again i blame the jets bills and phins. So yes i root for the Jets and the biils and the phins . . . a bit of tongue in cheek here, but not much!

Date: November 18, 2017 03:39

The Jets have been up and down during the Brady/Belichick era. They played the Pats tough because Rex Ryan appeared to be unhealthily obsessed with Belichick. He got in Rex's head and it sometimes appeared that Rex only prepared for Pats games.

So yes, they've had a few bursts of modest success, but in comparison to the Pats, it's not even a contest. They're 28-8 against the Jets, including the playoffs.

My Dad instilled a deep dislike of the Jets in me from an early age...I only recently found out it was because he lost quite a bit of money betting against them in Super Bowl III (where Namath guaranteed a win). I found that very funny.

Date: November 18, 2017 09:41

keefriff99
The Jets have been up and down during the Brady/Belichick era. They played the Pats tough because Rex Ryan appeared to be unhealthily obsessed with Belichick. He got in Rex's head and it sometimes appeared that Rex only prepared for Pats games.

So yes, they've had a few bursts of modest success, but in comparison to the Pats, it's not even a contest. They're 28-8 against the Jets, including the playoffs.

My Dad instilled a deep dislike of the Jets in me from an early age...I only recently found out it was because he lost quite a bit of money betting against them in Super Bowl III (where Namath guaranteed a win). I found that very funny.

there are bets that hurt. the first time the seahawks went to super bowl against pittsburgh, i stood to win $2000 on a $50 bet. i have had zero love for the steelers since....

Date: November 22, 2017 16:58

Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

But since 2001 its been:

2001 Won superbowl
2002 missed playoffs
2003 Won superbowl
2004 Won superbowl
2005 Lost Div Playoff
2007 Lost Superbowl
2008 Missed Playoffs
2009 Lost in Wildcard
2010 Lost Div Playoff
2011 Lost Superbowl
2014 Won Super bowl
2016 Won Super bowl

Those playoff years are always wrong. Patriots won their first Brady SB in 2002. They won their fifth this year - 2017.

Date: November 22, 2017 18:12

GasLightStreet

Those playoff years are always wrong. Patriots won their first Brady SB in 2002. They won their fifth this year - 2017.

While you are correct in regards to when the Super Bowl games were played, the years represent the year that the regular season was played, not the date on the calendar when the playoff games or Super Bowl was played. Both the NFL and NCAA football do this and it's been confusing me for years. Considering I'm 48 years old, I should be used to it now. I've come to accept that it does make a bit of sense to document it in this manner since they don't hyphenate like NHL & NBA. It still makes me frustrated when I have to think harder than I want to sometimes.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 22, 2017 18:18

mr_dja
GasLightStreet

While you are correct in regards to when the Super Bowl games were played, the years represent the year that the regular season was played, not the date on the calendar when the playoff games or Super Bowl was played. Both the NFL and NCAA football do this and it's been confusing me for years. Considering I'm 48 years old, I should be used to it now. I've come to accept that it does make a bit of sense to document it in this manner since they don't hyphenate like NHL & NBA. It still makes me frustrated when I have to think harder than I want to sometimes.

Peace,
Mr DJA
Thanks for the explanation...the fact that the NFL season straddles two years has always made me question which year to use when referencing a season.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 23, 2017 00:18

My beloved Seattle Seahawks will be at home this year for the Super Bowl.

Eagles v Steelers or Eagles v Patriots

Date: November 23, 2017 00:34

Midnight Toker
My beloved Seattle Seahawks will be at home this year for the Super Bowl.

Eagles v Steelers or Eagles v Patriots

yep, too many key injuries along with the other problems they had before. the 3 senior moments that pete carroll had monday night certainly didn't help. different game if they would've kicked the field goal before halftime. that was all time wacky.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: November 23, 2017 01:59

DeadHead4Ever
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

But since 2001 its been:

2001 Won superbowl
2002 missed playoffs
2003 Won superbowl
2004 Won superbowl
2005 Lost Div Playoff
2007 Lost Superbowl
2008 Missed Playoffs
2009 Lost in Wildcard
2010 Lost Div Playoff
2011 Lost Superbowl
2014 Won Super bowl
2016 Won Super bowl

1. SnoBowl - Raiders won but NFL cheated them. So scam Super bowl #1 for patriots
2. 2003/2004 - it's a fact that they were cheating
3. Last 2 super bowls - handed to them by stupid opposing coaches.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 23, 2017 02:06

potus43
DeadHead4Ever
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi
keefriffhard4life
Mr. Jimi

But since 2001 its been:

2001 Won superbowl
2002 missed playoffs
2003 Won superbowl
2004 Won superbowl
2005 Lost Div Playoff
2007 Lost Superbowl
2008 Missed Playoffs
2009 Lost in Wildcard
2010 Lost Div Playoff
2011 Lost Superbowl
2014 Won Super bowl
2016 Won Super bowl

1. SnoBowl - Raiders won but NFL cheated them. So scam Super bowl #1 for patriots
2. 2003/2004 - it's a fact that they were cheating
3. Last 2 super bowls - handed to them by stupid opposing coaches.

Last year was such a sweet Super Bowl, greatest comeback in SB history. Maybe a rematch ?? smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-23 02:07 by Maindefender.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 23, 2017 03:01

I'm not an Eagles fan but I would like to see them win this year since my Bears suck!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 23, 2017 07:25

Clappy Mcdermott blew the chances of the Bills making the playoffs. He's starting Tyrod Taylor again this week. What was he thinking.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: November 23, 2017 18:06

HUUUGE CHEATERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 23, 2017 18:07

TROLL

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: November 23, 2017 18:09

Trying to remember ..... Who did they lose those two superbowls to ?????????????/

Date: November 23, 2017 21:22

Troll

Date: November 25, 2017 17:19

mr_dja
GasLightStreet

Peace,
Mr DJA

It's annoying. The Saints won the Super Bowl in February of 2010... so when I see 2009 Champions it takes me a while to think 'Oh, for that season'. It is stupid.

Not as stupid as those stupid Roman numerals though.

Date: November 25, 2017 20:08

GasLightStreet
mr_dja
GasLightStreet

Peace,
Mr DJA

It's annoying. The Saints won the Super Bowl in February of 2010... so when I see 2009 Champions it takes me a while to think 'Oh, for that season'. It is stupid.

Not as stupid as those stupid Roman numerals though.

hope your saints bring their "a" game against the rams tomorrow. for very selfish reasons, of course!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home