Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 2, 2018 01:58

Leonioid
keefriff99
Leonioid
And in simple good news the sitcom "COACH" is back on TV for the new year!
That was rumored a couple of years ago but it got axed. You sure about that?

Yeah I am sure.

It is the original show I was talking about, but sadly it does not age well. I used to think I enjoyed it and thought it was funny... but watching some of the marathon episodes today I realize it is basically a 2bit Hollywood propaganda, preaching Hollywood values as it pushes its agenda by depicting coach as the evil old white dude. Kind of sad... oh well.
Oh, I gotcha.

ABC was actually going to bring Coach back with the original cast a couple of years ago, but it ended up not happening. That's what I thought you were referring to.

I barely remember the show, but it was decent. Liked Bill Fagerbakke and Jerry Van Dyke.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: January 2, 2018 02:18

keefriff99
Leonioid
keefriff99
Leonioid

Yeah I am sure.

It is the original show I was talking about, but sadly it does not age well. I used to think I enjoyed it and thought it was funny... but watching some of the marathon episodes today I realize it is basically a 2bit Hollywood propaganda, preaching Hollywood values as it pushes its agenda by depicting coach as the evil old white dude. Kind of sad... oh well.
Oh, I gotcha.

ABC was actually going to bring Coach back with the original cast a couple of years ago, but it ended up not happening. That's what I thought you were referring to.

I barely remember the show, but it was decent. Liked Bill Fagerbakke and Jerry Van Dyke.

I was actually happy to see that show announcement a few years ago, but then canceled.... probably because this type of Archie Bunker agenda pushing has worn thin.

But, back in the day the hi-jinx of Coach, Dauber and Luther (Bill Fagerbakke and Jerry Van Dyke) used to crack me up.

meanwhile... back at the ranch...
OU is putting the wood to Georgia in the granddaddy of them all!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 2, 2018 02:45

Leonioid
keefriff99
Leonioid
keefriff99
Leonioid

Yeah I am sure.

Oh, I gotcha.

I was actually happy to see that show announcement a few years ago, but then canceled.... probably because this type of Archie Bunker agenda pushing has worn thin.

But, back in the day the hi-jinx of Coach, Dauber and Luther (Bill Fagerbakke and Jerry Van Dyke) used to crack me up.

Used to enjoy Coach as well.. interesting side side-note; Bill Fagerbakke (Dauber) went on to much greater $$ heights voicing Patrick on Spongebob.

Date: January 2, 2018 04:00

MisterDDDD
Leonioid
keefriff99
Leonioid
keefriff99
Leonioid

Yeah I am sure.

Oh, I gotcha.

Used to enjoy Coach as well.. interesting side side-note; Bill Fagerbakke (Dauber) went on to much greater $$ heights voicing Patrick on Spongebob.
Lol, I was amazed to find that out. That's pretty cool.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 2, 2018 04:06

Were frigging going happy here in Bills Country today

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 2, 2018 04:18

black n blue

too bad there won't be a home game there in 8 feet of snow, haha. seriously, well done for the bills. now my seattle mariners are the leaders in post season futility. you gotta be first at something.

Date: January 2, 2018 06:21

the tv coach is awesome and always was

Date: January 2, 2018 07:23

Roll Tide... good thing they were not left out, although the playoffs should have 8 teams,
but two worthy teams Georgia Vs Alabama will play for the National Championship next week.

Very convincing win by Alabama tonight.
OU would have been a more fun match up with Alabama... but it is what it is...

Fkg SEC, bunch of college football bogarts spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 2, 2018 07:39

Nick Saban seems like a real prick, but he's a genius.

It's funny I feel that way about Saban, and yet I have such fondness for Belichick, even though he's an equally big prick. Supposedly they're good friends...no surprise there.

I don't care much for college football but I'm glad Oklahoma lost just so I can see Skip Bayless whine about it tomorrow.

Date: January 2, 2018 11:13

UGA-Oklahoma game was an all time great one. GO BULLDOGS!

Date: January 2, 2018 11:45

Vegas odds for Wild card weekend

I wouldn't bet on any of these. I like all the favorites but would not give those points, these could all be very close games. I would not want to give more than 2.5 to any of these underdoggy teams.

2018-01-06 NFL
4:30 PM EST
TENNESSEE TITANS
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS -9

8:15 PM EST
ATLANTA FALCONS
LA RAMS -6

2018-01-07 NFL
1:00 PM EST
BUFFALO BILLS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS -8

CAROLINA PANTHERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -6.5

And fwiw the college Championship game
2018-01-08 8:45 PM EST
ALABAMA -4.5
GEORGIA

Date: January 2, 2018 12:51

Leonioid

I wouldn't bet on any of these. I like all the favorites but would not give those points, these could all be very close games. I would not want to give more than 2.5 to any of these underdoggy teams.

2018-01-06 NFL
TENNESSEE TITANS
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS -9

ATLANTA FALCONS
LA RAMS -6

2018-01-07 NFL
BUFFALO BILLS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS -8

CAROLINA PANTHERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -6.5

ALABAMA -4.5
GEORGIA

i'm guessing some of those spreads will move. they are too high now. i would take Georgia & the points though. playing basically at home & i think they are better than Alabama this year.

Date: January 2, 2018 20:10

crholmstrom
Leonioid

2018-01-06 NFL
TENNESSEE TITANS
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS -9

ATLANTA FALCONS
LA RAMS -6

2018-01-07 NFL
BUFFALO BILLS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS -8

CAROLINA PANTHERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -6.5

ALABAMA -4.5
GEORGIA

i'm guessing some of those spreads will move. they are too high now. i would take Georgia & the points though. playing basically at home & i think they are better than Alabama this year.

I would guess the spreads might contract also... but the Rams just gave another .5, so who knows... could be the fix is in (to make LA love football more than it does) ( which is very very little grinning smiley ) I have never been to a city that (on average) cares less for the NFL than LA, but it seems the powers that be really reeeaaally rrreeeaaaallllllly want LA to be a pro football town.

As far as the NC, I wouldn't bet against The Tide (and the Sith lord tying Bear for NC rings) even if it was someone else money.

VS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-02 20:17 by Leonioid.

Date: January 2, 2018 20:15

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 3, 2018 06:48

roll dogs.

Date: January 3, 2018 12:07

Natlanta
roll dogs.

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 3, 2018 20:22

2018 NFL Playoffs Wild Card predictions? Winner in bold (I guess I could've just said all the home teams):

TENNESSEE TITANS
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

ATLANTA FALCONS
LA RAMS

BUFFALO BILLS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

CAROLINA PANTHERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 3, 2018 20:53

I have a friend that went to California recently. She hung out with Oakland's coach Jack Del Rio's wife in San Francisco. They were going to fly down on a private jet to LA for the game. On the way to the plane his wife got a phone call saying don't bother coming down. So before the game Del Rio knew he was being fired.

Date: January 3, 2018 21:01

GasLightStreet
2018 NFL Playoffs Wild Card predictions? Winner in bold (I guess I could've just said all the home teams):

TENNESSEE TITANS
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

ATLANTA FALCONS
LA RAMS

BUFFALO BILLS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

CAROLINA PANTHERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
That's my best guess as well, although I could see there being at least one upset in the bunch.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 3, 2018 21:56

crholmstrom
black n blue

too bad there won't be a home game there in 8 feet of snow, haha. seriously, well done for the bills. now my seattle mariners are the leaders in post season f
utility. you gotta be first at something.

There isn't eight feet of snow here, maybe 16" on the ground. so there. LOL

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 3, 2018 23:09

Looking forward to wild-card weekend - I would not be surprised to see the Falcon's upset the Rams... just saying they have more experience and would not be surprised - That being said that Ram team is firing on all cylinders and if they get past this 1st round could go all the way...

Now that my Seahawks are in rebuilding mode ( hopefully they address that O line )
I'm cheering for the Vikings to win it all !!

Date: January 3, 2018 23:20

It would be fun to see the Pats beat the Rams in the Super Bowl next month...it would make for a nice symmetry to Brady/Belichick taking down the "greatest show on turf" in 2002.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-04 07:30 by keefriff99.

Date: January 4, 2018 13:55

GasLightStreet

I think you have that prediction correct, Id bet that if there were no spreads... which I guess I could do with a parlay bet, but facts be known these 4 games should be good enough football to not need a bet for me to care/watch with mucho excitement.

Date: January 5, 2018 14:12

oh please!:

[www.espn.com]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 5, 2018 17:02

crholmstrom
oh please!:

[www.espn.com]

Interesting article full of observations, suppositions and conclusions which really won't be provable for a number of years.

One question to crholmstrom as, in text form I couldn't decipher your comment...

Are your eyes rolling in disbelief or turned heavenward in prayer?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 5, 2018 23:20

As someone who follows the Pats pretty closely, none of this shocks or surprises me.

Belichick (rightly or wrongly) has no special affinity or love for ANY player, even Brady. Doesn't matter how great he's been, how clutch he's been in big games or how many stats he's compiled. His goal has always been to put the best team on the field, and he felt he had a better opportunity building a new future with Garoppolo than a 40 year old Brady.

Is part of this Belichick's ego, and wanting to be seen as the real genius behind the dynasty rather than Brady? I'm sure, but he's also a highly logical, dispassionate football intellect.

Kraft is the one who's being overly-sentimental...and Brady? I dunno what to make of him and his quack snake oil salesman. Guerrero clearly delivers results for him, but how much of that is due to Brady's genetics? Some of the claims he makes in that ridiculous book are nutty and factually inaccurate. I don't blame Belichick for thinking it's a ridiculous side show that has no place on a competing franchise.

Date: January 6, 2018 01:11

CHUCKY IS BACK!!!
Not that he can help the forever sucking faders

Date: January 6, 2018 01:13

10 years, $100 million contract?? Seems like an awfully aggressive contract.

Date: January 6, 2018 01:20

awfully aggressive contract... that is putting mildly

I would bet money he does not last 10 years... he wont last 5

I was actually starting to like Jon... as a commentator...
it will be nice to start hating him again as the faders coach.

Date: January 6, 2018 18:50

mr_dja
crholmstrom
oh please!:

[www.espn.com]

Interesting article full of observations, suppositions and conclusions which really won't be provable for a number of years.

One question to crholmstrom as, in text form I couldn't decipher your comment...

Are your eyes rolling in disbelief or turned heavenward in prayer?

Peace,
Mr DJA[/quote

Prayer!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home