Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29
Re: OT: NFL 2017 season
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 18:58

Even as someone who roots for the Belichick/Brady Pats, I find this whole story really amusing.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2018 22:43

If Bill Belichick-shit-a goes to the New Jersey Giants he's going to be very very very very very very very very disappointed. Why would he want to go there? That's almost as bad as wanting to go to Cleveland or Oakland or Buffalo or Miami or Indy or Chicago.

Date: January 6, 2018 23:27

GasLightStreet
If Bill Belichick-shit-a goes to the New Jersey Giants he's going to be very very very very very very very very disappointed. Why would he want to go there? That's almost as bad as wanting to go to Cleveland or Oakland or Buffalo or Miami or Indy or Chicago.
Belichick is the coach AND the GM in New England. The Giants just hired a new GM in Dave Gettleman, so I really can't see Belichick going to a team where he doesn't have complete autonomy on personnel decisions.

People who think he'd enjoy JUST coaching and leaving the GM stress to someone else don't know him very well.

At almost 66 years old, the idea that he'd want to rebuild a staff from the ground up in a new organization seems ridiculous. I know he's a workaholic, but I can't see him fumbling around with a fresh team for 2-3 years before things start clicking into place.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 7, 2018 01:28

this KC/TEN game is pretty much a suck fest

Date: January 7, 2018 02:50

crholmstrom
this KC/TEN game is pretty much a suck fest
Titans squeaked it out! WTF?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 7, 2018 03:21

KC not going to NE next Saturday night!!

Date: January 7, 2018 03:33

andy reid blows it again.

Date: January 7, 2018 04:05

the kc game got interesting finally toward the end. even though it was overturned that play where marcus peters caused a fumble & then blocked for the td runback was amazing. that guy could be an alltimer if he can ever get his head on straight. the rams/falcons game is another snoozer so far. i wonder where alex smith is going to end up next year. i could see washington trading for him when they lose cousins.

Date: January 7, 2018 05:24

rams game better now at least. i hope those *ssh*l*s lose! haha

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: January 7, 2018 06:29

keefriff99
GasLightStreet
2018 NFL Playoffs Wild Card predictions? Winner in bold (I guess I could've just said all the home teams):

TENNESSEE TITANS
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

ATLANTA FALCONS
LA RAMS

BUFFALO BILLS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

CAROLINA PANTHERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
That's my best guess as well, although I could see there being at least one upset in the bunch.

When it comes to picking these games we are a bunch of Jon Snows...
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 7, 2018 06:33

Leonioid
keefriff99
GasLightStreet
2018 NFL Playoffs Wild Card predictions? Winner in bold (I guess I could've just said all the home teams):

TENNESSEE TITANS
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

ATLANTA FALCONS
LA RAMS

BUFFALO BILLS
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

CAROLINA PANTHERS
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
That's my best guess as well, although I could see there being at least one upset in the bunch.

When it comes to picking these games we are a bunch of Jon Snows...
[www.youtube.com]

Hey, at least I said, "At least ONE upset" winking smiley Technically I'm correct.

Date: January 7, 2018 07:34

Could Collinsworth and Michaels been any more biased against Falcons?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: January 7, 2018 08:27

GasLightStreet

....don't you go dissing my Buffalo Bills now! We here in western NY are celebrating that the Bills finally broke the drought and made the play-offs.

Date: January 7, 2018 23:36

jacksonville play a dirty game. i really dislike the steelers but i hope they stomp a new hole in them. hope the saints destroy cam & carolina. not wild about coach in NO but i like drew brees. regarding yesterday: when are people going to figure out that andy reid can't coach in the post season? it was the same thing in philly. speaking of philly, i think atlanta is coming alive a the rigth time. if wentz were playing would be different story but i think falcons going to beat eagles with foles at qb. ne should destroy titans unless the coming implosion shows up early. like brady getting hurt, haha.

Date: January 8, 2018 03:13

Interesting weekend for sure. Predictions for next weekend?

Titans/Patriots - Um, Patriots
Jaguars/Steelers - Steelers, barely
Vikings/Saints - Saints
Eagles/Falcons - Falcons

Date: January 8, 2018 04:15

keefriff99
Interesting weekend for sure. Predictions for next weekend?

Titans/Patriots - Um, Patriots
Jaguars/Steelers - Steelers, barely
Vikings/Saints - Saints
Eagles/Falcons - Falcons

agreed except for i'd take vikings over saints. that viking defense is pretty mighty. ya sure, you betcha

Date: January 8, 2018 06:02

Hilarious weekend with the Wild Card games. Wow. Saints fell apart but still won. Brees and Jordan are why. Buffalo's fans are more aggressive than the team. Yeah well, "they made the playoffs". So has Houston.

Big deal.

Toss up considering the upcoming games. Titans... very doubtful vs NE. Jacksoville ... asleep at the wheel. Cantlanta... their D is pretty good. Vikings/Saints - both different teams than Week 1. If the Saints running game can get going...

Date: January 9, 2018 11:45

UGA sure choked last night. Think coach got the conservative play disease & paid the price. That kid Bama brought in for the 2nd half sure reminded me of Russell Wilson in some ways.

Date: January 9, 2018 14:58

crholmstrom
UGA sure choked last night. Think coach got the conservative play disease & paid the price. That kid Bama brought in for the 2nd half sure reminded me of Russell Wilson in some ways.
I can't BELIEVE Bama won again. Gotta give Saban credit...the guy is a genius. That throw was unreal.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 9, 2018 15:28

crholmstrom

I don't know that I'd say GA choked as much as Bama got their act together and beat them.

As a non-fan of either team, I must say that I thought it was a fun game to watch. Although there were turnovers, neither team played poorly. One team made a comeback. A freshman backup QB in the second half for one team and for the whole game on the other side. Drama in the OT. Yup, I'll take a game like that any year they went to let me watch it.

Now, hopefully the pros can give me 7 games worth watching as they finish their season... The Steelers winning 3 of those games would be optimal for completion of my wish-list.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 9, 2018 15:29

keefriff99
crholmstrom
I can't BELIEVE Bama won again. Gotta give Saban credit...the guy is a genius. That throw was unreal.

its the same thing as the KC playoff game and the falcons in the SB. georgia stopped playing to win and started playing not to lose

Date: January 9, 2018 15:39

keefriff99
crholmstrom

Saban no-doubt earned his check last night. And yes, THAT throw as well as a few others, was/were beautiful. If that kid can keep his head on straight and makes a natural progression in his skills, he's going to have many more years playing football in his future. Amazing to think that he and the GA QB are only 19 years old. Heck, even Hurts is only a sophomore. All three QBs under 20. Wow. Not sure how Hurts' game will translate to the pros but those other two, I predict will be entertaining us for years to come.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 9, 2018 15:44

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
crholmstrom

its the same thing as the KC playoff game and the falcons in the SB. georgia stopped playing to win and started playing not to lose

A friend of mine for decades has complained about "the prevent defense" as: "the only thing it prevents is your team holding the lead". I think coaches sometimes make the mistake of playing prevent offense as well. As I said before, I didn't really see that last night, but I wasn't totally engrossed by the game either... Multitasking was the story of my evening up until 11:30 or so.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 9, 2018 17:25

crholmstrom

Teams from Georgia seem to have an issue with choking.

Date: January 9, 2018 18:54

Entertaining game; but yeah - no way was Georgia going to hold on.
I wonder how Hurts is going to take this; how it is going to affect his value for NFL.

Date: January 9, 2018 19:54

Palace Revolution 2000
Entertaining game; but yeah - no way was Georgia going to hold on.
I wonder how Hurts is going to take this; how it is going to affect his value for NFL.

I really admired how supportive Hurts was last night. Handled himself as a consummate teammate. That being said...

Is he the starter for Alabama next year or is it now Tua's spot to loose? I'll bet the "Tide Nation" is looking forward to having Tua around for as long as he's willing to stay.

Even before the game, Hurts wasn't viewed as much of a pro quarterback prospect. Kind of like Tim Teebo a few years back, his game is good at the college level but doesn't really translate well to the pro game. Last night may have (unfortunately for Hurts) illustrated what pro scouts already thought about Hurts at the next level.

Either way, I became a fan of Hurts last night. Even if he's not the starter, he showed himself to be the kind of guy I'd like to have on my team.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 10, 2018 03:24

mr_dja
Either way, I became a fan of Hurts last night. Even if he's not the starter, he showed himself to be the kind of guy I'd like to have on my team.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Maybe someone out there feels the same way you do and will hire him for a job partially because of that!

Date: January 10, 2018 16:11

GasLightStreet
mr_dja

Peace,
Mr DJA

Maybe someone out there feels the same way you do and will hire him for a job partially because of that!

If he wants it, I hope he gets the opportunity. Even if he's not able to be a QB or RB in the NFL, maybe a receiver if he needs to be on the field. I work in the employment industry and can tell you that the "Patriot Way" is also transferrable to any type of employment or organization. Hurts illustrated the willingness to put his "team 1st" and support "next man up", I'd imagine that he could succeed in just about any environment he were to land in. Assuming that what he showed of his character on Monday night wasn't just an act. I'll be rooting for him anyway!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 11, 2018 18:08

Sighunt
GasLightStreet

....don't you go dissing my Buffalo Bills now! We here in western NY are celebrating that the Bills finally broke the drought and made the play-offs.

Broke the what? Tables?

Date: January 11, 2018 18:11

Palace Revolution 2000
Could Collinsworth and Michaels been any more biased against Falcons?

I have no problem with that. The Falcants are crybabies and they're fans are poor losers and poor winners.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home