Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 44 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 8, 2017 21:47

So, if you would have to to select "Dancing With Mr D" or "Heartbreaker", for a gig you are going to attend?? My answer is "Heartbreaker". Hands down...

I know, "Mr D" played live would be a historical moment (last time was 1973, right?). But "Heartbreaker" is better song IMO.

Your answers?

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 21:49

I went back to the park today for another look. I went to the Planetarium and all the way up the 8 flights of stairs to the observation platform (yes I know there 's a lift, I did it to burn off some calories). The weather was absolutely abominable. I got a good view of the site and they did lots of testing of the big screens with all the brand new graphics. No Stones though. They usually have a complete day off to relax before show day.

As an aside, that wall around the observation deck seems a bit on the low side to me. I think it could do with a safety guard rail around it.

The weather forecast is not looking good so bring your raincoats.

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 21:53

laertisflash
So, if you would have to to select "Dancing With Mr D" or "Heartbreaker", for a gig you are going to attend?? My answer is "Heartbreaker". Hands down...

I know, "Mr D" played live would be a historical moment (last time was 1973, right?). But "Heartbreaker" is better song IMO.

Your answers?

Dancing with Mr D. Hands down. Never heard it before and have heard Heartbreaker many times live. Also, Mr D is a great guitar song whilst Heartbreaker is more horns. Ronnie will shine!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 8, 2017 22:04

blutsvente66
slewan
come on folks, it just as simple as that: The answer to the question "Is … allowed" is always: NO
It's a wonder that we are allows to bring our bones with us (they can be dangerous weapons, of course)

We should not bring any kind of technical equipment. I been to the Waldbühne last month and it took houres and houres to get in because every second started to discus with the security why he is not allowed to bring in his camera.

So were they offering to store the cameras somewhere? Sounds like a logistical nightmare...Since that rule's never been enforced anywhere before AFAIK (except for club shows where even phones were not allowed) there must have been tons of people who had brought theirs.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 8, 2017 22:05

Have you heard "Dancing With Mr D" many times live, Ron? How many? And when? Just curious...

Munich or Olympia 2003 maybe??

Date: September 8, 2017 22:06

Sorry, I meant "Heartbreaker"...

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 22:12

I heard Heartbreaker in Toronto and Montreal in 1994 and again at the Circus theatre in Stockholm in 2003. Fantastic version!

Date: September 8, 2017 22:20

Love heartbreaker, its the better song. But dont like how mick sings it recently. Just short heartbreaker, heartbreaker, instead of heartbreaaaaker with your 44's

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 8, 2017 22:22

laertisflash

Your answers?

thumbs up Agreed . Heartbreaker deserves to be a Warhorse like Tumbling Dice is.

All Down The Line also deserved to be a Warhorse through the years.

Only one song do i never need to hear again live, and that's Miss You.
Although i have to admit a lot of people like it, for me it takes the momentum of the show away and its too long. They could play two songs like Heartbreaker and ADTL in the same time.
Could the Stones be forgiven for shortening the length of some of the Warhorses now, like Brown Sugar, it just goes on and on without anything being added to it.

Date: September 8, 2017 22:25

PaintMMB, all I am saaaayiing is give Mick a chaaance...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 8, 2017 22:26

sorry if someone has already asked this, but I dont want to look back thru tons of pages -- What time might they hit the stage, or even a range of times or maybe what might be the earliest?

Want to tune in via Periscope but need an idea of when.

plexi

Date: September 8, 2017 22:30

19u kaleo so stones 20.30/21.00

Date: September 8, 2017 22:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Love heartbreaker, its the better song. But dont like how mick sings it recently. Just short heartbreaker, heartbreaker, instead of heartbreaaaaker with your 44's

Worst abomination is JJF
Instead of well its alllrrrriiighhht now, he goes, its all all right. confused smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 22:47

Mick was singing JJF in different ways during the 70s and early 80s, too

(A) "its alllrrrriiighhht..." (close to the studio version)

(cool smiley "its aaalll right..."

(c) "Its all right, all right..."

But I love it, anyway!

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 8, 2017 23:02

timbernardis
sorry if someone has already asked this, but I dont want to look back thru tons of pages -- What time might they hit the stage, or even a range of times or maybe what might be the earliest?

plexi

I am guessing and hoping someone will post the times tomorrow...but...
I guess be ready to go at 8:00 PM LHT local Hamburger time...
Using this world clock... [www.timeanddate.com]
It says it is 10:00PM there right now... equals 4:00 NYC, 3:00 Chicago, 2:00 Den, 1:00 LA

Meaning I guess the show starts around ... uhmmmm..
be ready to periscope scavenge starting around 2:00PM in NYC, 11:00 AM in LA

Date: September 8, 2017 23:07

laertisflash

But I love it, anyway!

Oh God yeah, i love it too, its the highlight of every show for me.
Can't get enough of hearing it live, i don't think a better Rock song exists and must always be included in every show, it's Keith's showpiece smiling smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 23:25

"...i don't think a better Rock song exists.."

That's exactly what I think about JJF too,stone4ever.

Date: September 8, 2017 23:27

laertisflash
"...i don't think a better Rock song exists.."

That's exactly what I think about JJF too,stone4ever.

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 8, 2017 23:27

HankM
timbernardis

plexi

I am guessing and hoping someone will post the times tomorrow...but...
I guess be ready to go at 8:00 PM LHT local Hamburger time...
Using this world clock... [www.timeanddate.com]
It says it is 10:00PM there right now... equals 4:00 NYC, 3:00 Chicago, 2:00 Den, 1:00 LA

Meaning I guess the show starts around ... uhmmmm..
be ready to periscope scavenge starting around 2:00PM in NYC, 11:00 AM in LA

That would be noon Montana/Mountain/Denver time for me. Thanks, will do.

Tim from Montana, originally from California
AKA Plexi

Date: September 8, 2017 23:29

laertisflash

But I love it, anyway!
Mick does c, chuck a

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 8, 2017 23:30

grzegorz67

The weather forecast is not looking good so bring your raincoats.

Weather forecast Hamburg 9-Sept-2017 - [www.Wetteronline.de] :

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: September 8, 2017 23:47

I don't know what all the rain worries are all about. Keith will get out with his "rain stick," the skies will clear, and the greatest rock and roll band in the world will hit the stage and make a whole lot of grown men cry... women too!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2017 23:53

Should clear up before showtime! See you guys tomorrow!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 23:53 by Topi.

Date: September 8, 2017 23:56

laertisflash

But I love it, anyway!

He only sang the chorus right on Rock'n'Roll Circus.

Date: September 9, 2017 00:00

vibrolux

I don't know what all the rain worries are all about.

If someone paid EUR 1275 for the StartMeUp-VIP-Ticket (=NoFilter-Pit) and then there's rain like in Porto Alegre (Brazil, 2016) - [www.YouTube.com] ....

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 9, 2017 00:03

gotdablouse
blutsvente66
slewan
come on folks, it just as simple as that: The answer to the question "Is … allowed" is always: NO
It's a wonder that we are allows to bring our bones with us (they can be dangerous weapons, of course)

We should not bring any kind of technical equipment. I been to the Waldbühne last month and it took houres and houres to get in because every second started to discus with the security why he is not allowed to bring in his camera.

So were they offering to store the cameras somewhere? Sounds like a logistical nightmare...Since that rule's never been enforced anywhere before AFAIK (except for club shows where even phones were not allowed) there must have been tons of people who had brought theirs.

Sorry if I missed an earlier post, but is the strict "no cameras" policy only for this particular venue or for the entire Stones tour?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 9, 2017 00:06

They do have a bag check near the Borgweg U3 Station, before entrance.

Also, the promoter now says there will be a couple of ATM's inside the venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 00:08 by Topi.

Date: September 9, 2017 00:10

swimtothemoon

Sorry if I missed an earlier post, but is the strict "no cameras" policy only for this particular venue or for the entire Stones tour?

It's at least the same in Munich: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: September 9, 2017 00:29

Is it possible to save a bag at the entrance E1?

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 9, 2017 00:30

We are in Amburg and Dancing in the rain...With mr D. Sici&Guido

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 08:14 by Sici.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 44 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home