Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: damnation ()
Date: September 7, 2017 23:57

gooze bumps! Ladies and gentlemen..... it's on! tonight we heard the Rolling Stones play live again to the world.

Congratulations to those 10 who had a premiere smiling smiley

What a great song picks!

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:03

grzegorz67
Just back from the Stadtpark. Had a fantastic time and the band sound very 'on'. Mick's voice sounded very fresh. 4 warhorses and 5 jaw dropping surprises. I was to the side and slightly behind the stage, Keith side, on the banks of the big lake behind the stage. The sound was perfect where I stood, in the company of Father and Son Stones fans who'd driven up from Hannover, just for the soundcheck!

There were little pockets of us at all the good listening spots all around the park. My personal highlight was 'Under My Thumb', played at a temp much closer to the original than the 81/82 show opener. In fact, I prefer this new version.

For those coming to the show, please be prepared to do lots and lots of walking! It took me nearly 2 hours to do a complete circuit of the park and the security was very professional and thorough. There seem to be check in points for safekeeping of prohibited items.

Nice one gregor. Hope everything went well with your travelling plans and you have a really great time in Hamburg. Under my Thumb will be on the setlist.........................I hope. smileys with beer

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:09

hot smiley

Fantastic!!!

This:

Just back from the Stadtpark. Had a fantastic time and the band sound very 'on'. Mick's voice sounded very fresh. 4 warhorses and 5 jaw dropping surprises. I was to the side and slightly behind the stage, Keith side, on the banks of the big lake behind the stage. The sound was perfect where I stood, in the company of Father and Son Stones fans who'd driven up from Hannover, just for the soundcheck!

Thanks grzegor67!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:13

Under My Thumb...
the first song I ever saw them perform live...November 30, 1981

YES!
hot smiley

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:20

Dancing with Mr. D. is just too good. Last time played in - Germany 44 yrs ago (Berlin according to scroll down for Dancing with Mr. D.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:20

Play with fire 45 Secs, sorry for bad audio + video quality

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 00:21 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:22

Stonesfan2146

Thank yousmileys with beer

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:27

Stonesfan2146

Good God, will I survive all this?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:34

A short report from Stadtpark:

Hurrying to Hamburg (100 km),
meeting with my Stonesman Harald (driving 160 km).
We met at the hotel. Some limos, the side musicians
(Carl was way too early (in Stones terms), he was
waiting in the bus, but got out again after 20
minutes: "Hurry up - and wait!" he said smiling.)

The Stones disappointed us a bit. 2 black limos squeezed
in a garage like room with lots of beverage crates [sic!].

Roll-up door down. Roll-up door up!
First car, no glimpse of them, not even a lowered
window with a hand to see. Same procedure
again after 5 more minutes. End of show.

We were a bit down and drove to Stadtpark..maybe we can hear something?

MAN! WHAT A SOUND!!

We were standing Ronnies side, 100 meters away from the stage.
And the mentioned song choice blew us away, really. Just like
a private show! Ride Em On Down and Just Your Fool were just perfect.
Great guitars and a fantastic harp. Keith solo in IORR was a bit rusty.
But his rhythm playing all over the songs was really good. Ronnie did
very fine slide guitar parts on DWMrD (incl. 2 solos).

Play With Fire and Dancing With Mr. D. made goosebumps. Our jaws dropped.
It was surreal, like Harald said. But it really happened.
What a great evening!

Prepare for some real treats.

Here´s a hopeful picture for Saturday´s weather:

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:48

Lucky you!

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:50

It' great to hear these fantastic stories coming in from Hamburg - can't wait to fly out to join the action on Saturday... even more so now I've heard what songs they are rehearsing.

I promised myself I wouldn't check IORR before the gig but couldn't help it.

Date: September 8, 2017 00:50

Cool TooTough, you should have been on the other side, where the sound was a bit better. I filmed a few songs from there, up on the Planetarium

Date: September 8, 2017 00:51

So, here's Dancing With Mr. D 2017, the full version:

Still, audio and video are far from good...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 8, 2017 00:51

Mr.D, wow that's a surprise, clicked on the link without knowing what it was and it took me a good few seconds to figure out what it was! Like when they rehearsed "Till' The Next Time" in Bondy, you feel "lost" and then bingo ! That's going to be an opportunity for some mean grovin' on Saturday and hopefully for all the subsequent shows!

powerage78
Play with fire one of their best cover.

And you're their best fan ! Well that puts all your endlessly negative ranting into perspective I suppose...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 8, 2017 00:53

Stonesfan2146
Cool TooTough, you should have been on the other side, where the sound was a bit better. I filmed a few songs from there, up on the Planetarium

I was on the left side of the stage.
The sound was FAT! I don´t know how to split video from audio.
The video is the trees and the beautiful fence. The audio is fat Stones!!!

Date: September 8, 2017 00:55

Stonesfan2146
So, here's Dancing With Mr. D 2017, the full version:

Still, audio and video are far from good...

Well done.
And I thought the Planetarium was part of the stage...

Date: September 8, 2017 00:58

TooTough
Stonesfan2146

I was on the left side of the stage.
The sound was FAT! I don´t know how to split video from audio.
The video is the trees and the beautiful fence. The audio is fat Stones!!!

Wow, yes I was on the sides too, but was tired of not seeing anything, so I went up. There I could see an old man with cap doing great moves grinning smiley
But the sound was good in all parts of the venue, I assume winking smiley

The planetarium is a great place to look at the venue. You can get up for free. Open until 9 PM tomorrow. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 00:59 by Stonesfan2146.

Date: September 8, 2017 01:02

Under My Thumb

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 01:02

I have songs 2 to 9 in full on video but unable to upload unfortunately. Only Tumblin' Dice is missing. STILL stunned st what I heard grinning smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 01:07

grzegorz67
I have songs 2 to 9 in full on video but unable to upload unfortunately. Only Tumblin' Dice is missing. STILL stunned st what I heard grinning smiley

Way cool, Mr. Anderson! See you on Saturday, hopefully thumbs up

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 8, 2017 01:13

Thx everyone. Can't wait!

Date: September 8, 2017 01:17

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67

Way cool, Mr. Anderson! See you on Saturday, hopefully thumbs up

Hopefully so my Norwegian far cousin winking smiley. I understand you're one of many flying in on showday? For pre concert drinks, there's a Happy Hour inside the park between 2-4 with 0.5l of beer for 3€ ! For Norwegians and Swedes that must be bargain of the year!

Date: September 8, 2017 01:23

For those already in Hamburg, it's expected to absolutely piss down with rain all day on Friday, hopefully easing off on Saturday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 01:23 by grzegorz67.

Date: September 8, 2017 01:25

crawdaddy
grzegorz67

There were little pockets of us at all the good listening spots all around the park. My personal highlight was 'Under My Thumb', played at a temp much closer to the original than the 81/82 show opener. In fact, I prefer this new version.

For those coming to the show, please be prepared to do lots and lots of walking! It took me nearly 2 hours to do a complete circuit of the park and the security was very professional and thorough. There seem to be check in points for safekeeping of prohibited items.

Nice one gregor. Hope everything went well with your travelling plans and you have a really great time in Hamburg. Under my Thumb will be on the setlist.........................I hope. smileys with beer

Ta! Hope you manage a show or 2 yourself on this tour. Next stop for me is Barcelona so perhaps catch you at that one.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 8, 2017 01:47

www.sylent-press.de/AerialPics

[www.bild.de]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 8, 2017 01:50

Marco Zitzow

[www.bild.de]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 8, 2017 01:56

Under My Thumb sounds a bit more like 81' at last.

Play With Fire sound's great too, one of my wish list songs from a few days ago.

Dancing With Mr D , Ride Em On Down, Just Your Fool, man this promises to be a great mini tour.smoking smiley

Sorry about Hearbreaker guys, my mistake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 02:11 by stone4ever.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 8, 2017 02:05

Heartbreaker's intro sounded a bit stronger than the intro from Olympia (2003) version, in my ears. And this one came from a simple sound check...

Date: September 8, 2017 02:08

That Heartbreaker version is from 1994. Sorry if it confused someone.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 8, 2017 02:09

Guys, Heartbreaker is from the 1994 MIAMI PPV Rehearsals !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home