Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:33

Landed safely in Hamburg after 10 am. Spotted the Stones jet on the tarmac upon landing. smiling smiley

Got my hotel room already, now it's time to brave the pouring rain for some lunch...and that champagne, perhaps!

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:37

Topi
Landed safely in Hamburg after 10 am. Spotted the Stones jet on the tarmac upon landing. smiling smiley

Got my hotel room already, now it's time to brave the pouring rain for some lunch...and that champagne, perhaps!

...Enjoy the max out of it, Topi!
And if you meet the boys in town: say "Hi!" from all of us. smoking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:47

harald2002
waterrats
According to the Hamburger Abendblatt, Mick, Ronnie and Sally went out to an italian restaurant for dinner. I can't translate all the dishes exactly, but noticed that Mick had a beer and Ronnie a redwine, "Rosso di Montalcino" as well as vanilla ice for dessert ... hmmm ...

the same link, but maybe better to read...

[www.abendblatt.de]

F****** Abendblatt let you never read the article, but only the headline, unless you register with them. Anyone could furnisch us with that article?

d.f.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:50

nankerzrk

Wanted to bring my GoPro which has historically been fine...

GoPro-Cameras counting for the security already like professional equipment - compare it here: [www.FKPScorpio.com] , [www.Waldbuehne-Berlin.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 19:40 by Irix.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:55

Topi
They seem to answer that all cameras are no go. Except cellphones.

That is @#$%& asinine.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:57

come on folks, it just as simple as that: The answer to the question "Is … allowed" is always: NO
It's a wonder that we are allows to bring our bones with us (they can be dangerous weapons, of course)

Posted by: RockingLonestar ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:59

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 8, 2017 13:02

RockingLonestar
[www.abendblatt.de]

the only news is that Ronnie hates cakes and loves ice cream…

Date: September 8, 2017 13:05

RockingLonestar
[www.abendblatt.de]

The text is not readable because it's blocked (paywall). If someone is so kind to copy text + pictures here ....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 13:15 by Irix.

Date: September 8, 2017 13:21

Yes, please.

d.f

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 8, 2017 13:39

[youtu.be]

I hope Play with Fire wont have too much pling pling. And please no triangle, Matt.

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 13:39

slewan
come on folks, it just as simple as that: The answer to the question "Is … allowed" is always: NO
It's a wonder that we are allows to bring our bones with us (they can be dangerous weapons, of course)

We should not bring any kind of technical equipment. I been to the Waldbühne last month and it took houres and houres to get in because every second started to discus with the security why he is not allowed to bring in his camera.
Let us enjoy the concert leave the cameras at home, leave your phone in the pocket just enjoy the moment. For many of us this concert could be our last Stones experience. Just keep it on your mind. Be part of it dont think about battery capacity or less memory on your phone while the concert. Just enjoy.
See you all tomorrow.

PS
my signature is only valid for punk rock smiling smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 8, 2017 13:50

schwonek
Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
1. Start me up
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Dancing with Mr. D
5. Under my Thumb (by request)
6. Play with fire
7. Paint It Black
8. Honky Tonk Women Band introductions
9. You Got The Silver (Keith)
10. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
11. Midnight Rambler (B-Stage)
12. Just your fool (B-Stage)
13. Miss You (B-Stage)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Jumpin Jack Flash
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Brown Sugar Band off stage
18. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir)
19. Satisfaction

Why always the same fu cking last 2 songs??

Date: September 8, 2017 13:50

blutsvente66

Let us enjoy the concert leave the cameras at home, leave your phone in the pocket just enjoy the moment. For many of us this concert could be our last Stones experience.

And therefore we need a lasting memory in form of pictures / videos .... smiling smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 13:54

Silver Dagger
schwonek
Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
1. Start me up
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Dancing with Mr. D
6. Play with fire
7. Paint It Black
13. Miss You (B-Stage)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Jumpin Jack Flash
19. Satisfaction

Yes, why?
What about to finish the show with SFM or JJF or even MR?

Date: September 8, 2017 13:57

Silver Dagger
schwonek
Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
1. Start me up
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Dancing with Mr. D
6. Play with fire
7. Paint It Black
13. Miss You (B-Stage)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Jumpin Jack Flash
19. Satisfaction

Yes, why?

Agree.

Satisfaction, max maybe.

But why always YCAGWYW?

d.f

Date: September 8, 2017 14:01

Some of us will meet up for a pre-show drink.

The bar we thought about is closed. Will find a new one..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 14:20 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:02

Cool that they play DWMDthumbs up I bet they'll do a great version of it too.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:03

dead.flowers
Silver Dagger
schwonek
Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
1. Start me up
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Dancing with Mr. D
6. Play with fire
7. Paint It Black
13. Miss You (B-Stage)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Jumpin Jack Flash
19. Satisfaction

Yes, why?

Agree.

Satisfaction, max maybe.

But why always YCAGWYW?

d.f

thumbs up Absolutely. I've been done with these two songs for so long.

Date: September 8, 2017 14:15

DandelionPowderman
Some of us will be here for a pre-show meeting:

Moondoo & Bar Morphine
Reeperbahn 136

What time?

d.f

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:16

Maybe Mick drop YCAGWYW because of Trump?
There is no local chorus rumour in Hamburg.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 14:20 by 1962.

Date: September 8, 2017 14:19

dead.flowers
DandelionPowderman

Moondoo & Bar Morphine
Reeperbahn 136

What time?

d.f

It seems to be closed. I'll be back with a new pub + the time smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:21

slewan

I am as pissed off as anyone else that Cameras aren't allowed. I was at the Stadtpark yesterday and there are big signs everywhere saying what is permitted. I advise everyone to respect the rules even if they displease you. Security are everywhere. Just enjoy the show. I think it's going to be a good one. There will be plenty of professional pictures to enjoy on the internet.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:31

DandelionPowderman
dead.flowers
DandelionPowderman

Moondoo & Bar Morphine
Reeperbahn 136

What time?

d.f

It seems to be closed. I'll be back with a new pub + the time smiling smiley

Whatever pub is chosen, are people planning to meet up there after the show too? Some of us have morning flights home and a few hours to spare cool smileysmileys with beer

Date: September 8, 2017 14:31

The Morphine is open after all smiling smiley

Let's meet up at:

Moondoo & Bar Morphine
Dance & Night Club
at moondoo basement - Reeperbahn 136

Don't know when I'll make it there yet, but I'll be there with RobberBride, Silver Dagger, Steinschlag, ErwinH, Wild Zlivovtz, Manofwealthandtaste, RoughJusticeOnYa and more IORRians as soon as I can after getting my gear to the hotel smileys with beer

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:35

Irix
RockingLonestar
[www.abendblatt.de]

The text is not readable because it's blocked (paywall). If someone is so kind to copy text + pictures here ....

Altstadt. Nur wenig war bisher darüber bekannt, wie die Rolling Stones seit ihrer Ankunft am Dienstag ihre Zeit in Hamburg verbringen. Jetzt sind Frontmann Mick Jagger (74) und Gitarrist Ron Wood (70) bei einem Italiener an der Großen Bäckerstraße nahe dem Rathaus in der Altstadt zum Abendessen eingekehrt – und haben sich entspannt gezeigt. Nur bei der Auswahl des Desserts machte Wood eine klare Ansage.

Offenbar auf Empfehlung des Concierge im Hotel Park Hyatt, dem Quartier der Band, war in der Osteria I Vigneri ein Tisch reserviert worden. Die Sache wurde derart unter Verschluss gehalten, dass selbst der Geschäftsführer des Restaurants erst von den berühmten Gästen erfuhr, als diese um 21.50 Uhr durch den Seiteneingang traten. "Plötzlich standen die Rolling ­Stones in der Tür. Das war schon kurios", sagt Jan Lindenberg. "Zwar waren Security-Mitarbeiter bereits am Nachmittag da und haben sich das Restaurant angesehen. Dennoch haben wir nicht damit gerechnet, dass es zwei Bandmitglieder sind." Im Beisein von vier Sicherheitsleuten saß die Gruppe um Jagger und Wood – dabei waren offenbar noch Woods Ehefrau Sally Humphreys (39) und weitere Musiker – auf der Galerie.

Dort gab es für die Briten zunächst eine große Platte Antipasti mit Rindercarpaccio, Vitello tonnato, Calamaretti, Burrata mit Cherrytomaten, Thunfischtartar sowie Spaghetti mit Venusmuscheln und Zucchini. Jagger bestellte Trancino vom Wolfsbarsch, Wood aß Fegato Veneziana (Kalbsleber). Während sich Jagger mit einem Bier begnügte, verlangte Wood nach Rotwein, einem Rosso di Montalcino. Als es dann zur Bestellung des Desserts ging, offenbarte Wood heiter, "I hate cakes, I am the ice cream man" ("Ich hasse Kuchen, ich bin der Eismann") und aß von dem hausgemachten Vanilleeis, zu dem sich die anderen noch ein Schokoküchlein mit flüssigem Kern gönnten. "Alle waren sehr nett und entspannt", sagt Lindenberg. Für Kellner und Küche gab es noch ein Trinkgeld, bevor die berühmten Gäste offenbar zufrieden in schwarzen Limousinen in die Nacht verschwanden.

Date: September 8, 2017 14:38

and another one from the Abendblatt:

Hamburg. Geheimsache Spaghetti: Nur wenig ist bisher darüber bekannt, wie die Rolling Stones ihre Zeit seit ihrer Ankunft am Dienstag in Hamburg verbringen. Nun sind Frontmann Mick Jagger (74) und Gitarrist Ron Wood (70) am Mittwochabend beim Italiener an der Großen Bäckerstraße nahe des Rathauses zu Abend essen gewesen und gaben sich entspannt. Nur bei der Dessertauswahl machte Wood eine klare Ansage.

Offenbar auf Empfehlung des Concierge des Park Hyatt – das Hotel, in dem die Band untergebracht ist – wurde in der Osteria "I Vigneri" ein Tisch für "besondere Gäste" reserviert. Die Sache wurde derart unter Verschluss gehalten, dass selbst der Geschäftsführer des Restaurants erst von den berühmten Besuchern erfuhr, als eben diese um Punkt 21.50 Uhr durch den Seiteneingang traten.

"Plötzlich standen die Rolling Stones in der Tür"

"Plötzlich standen die Rolling Stones in der Tür. Das war schon kurios", sagte Jan Lindenberg dem Abendblatt. "Zwar waren Security-Mitarbeiter bereits am Nachmittag da und haben sich das Restaurant angesehen. Dennoch haben wir nicht damit gerechnet, dass es zwei Bandmitglieder der Rolling Stones sind, sondern andere Hotelgäste."

Im Beisein von vier Sicherheitskräften saß die Gruppe um Jagger und Wood – dabei waren offenbar noch Woods Ehefrau Sally Humphreys (39) und drei weitere Musiker – auf der Galerie oberhalb des größeren Restaurant-Bereichs. "Sie saßen überhaupt nicht abgeschirmt von anderen Gästen. Wir haben einen separaten Tisch angeboten, es wurde abgelehnt", sagte Lindenberg.

Das Menü für Mick Jagger und Ron Wood

So gab es für die Briten zunächst eine große Platte Antipasti mit Rindercarpaccio, Vitello Tonnato, Calamaretti, Burrata mit Cherrytomaten, Thunfischtartar. Mick Jagger und Ron Wood bekamen Spaghetti mit Venusmuscheln und Zucchini. Jagger, der mit dem Rücken zum Geschehen saß, bestellte einen Hauptgang aus Trancino vom Wolfsbarsch. Wood bekam Fegato Veneziana (Kalbsleber).

Während sich Mick Jagger mit einem Bier begnügte, verlangte Wood nach einem feineren Tropfen: Für ihn gab es einen Rosso di Montalcino. Bevor es dann zur Bestellung des Desserts ging, offenbarte Ron Wood heiter: "I hate cakes, I am the ice cream man" ("Ich hasse Kuchen, ich bin der Eismann") und aß von dem hausgemachten Vanille-Eis der Küche, zu dem sich die anderen noch ein Schokoküchlein mit flüssigem Kern gönnten.

Isländische Fans bemerkten Rock-Idole nicht

"Alle waren sehr nett und entspannt", resümiert Geschäftsführer Lindenberg. Obwohl vorher ein Fotoverbot ausgesprochen wurde, ließ sich Gitarrist Ron Wood dann doch mit Lindenberg und Kellner Jimmy Yassa-Campos ablichten und unterzeichnete mit Kollege Jagger die Speisekarte.

Für Kellner und Küche gab es noch ein Trinkgeld in Höhe von zehn Prozent des Gesamtpreises, dann verließ Mick Jagger mit den Worten "Amazing food, thank you" mit Wood und Anhang das Restaurant gegen 23.45 Uhr. In zwei schwarzen Limousinen verschwanden die berühmten Gäste in die Nacht.

Eine Gruppe Isländer hat es derweil versäumt, ihre Rock-Idole persönlich zu treffen. Die 14 Touristen seien kurz nach Ankunft der berühmten Musiker ebenfalls in der Osteria essen gewesen, hatten aber die Anwesenheit von Wood und Jagger nicht bemerkt, weil diese auf der Galerie saßen. Erst nachdem die Alt-Rocker das Restaurant wieder verlassen haben, klärte Geschäftsführer Lindenberg die Isländer auf. "Die waren ganz aus dem Häuschen. Und offenbar waren sie sogar extra für das Konzert der Rolling Stones angereist." Nun sind sie ihren Idolen unerwartet noch viel näher gekommen.

Date: September 8, 2017 14:40

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:47

DandelionPowderman
The Morphine is open after all smiling smiley

Let's meet up at:

Moondoo & Bar Morphine
Dance & Night Club
at moondoo basement - Reeperbahn 136

Don't know when I'll make it there yet, but I'll be there with RobberBride, Silver Dagger, Steinschlag, ErwinH, Wild Zlivovtz, Manofwealthandtaste, RoughJusticeOnYa and more IORRians as soon as I can after getting my gear to the hotel smileys with beer

Hi! I might drop by tomorrow, but not sure. Will probably play it by ear with the weather. Thr Moondoo looks to be 30 mins away from my hotel by metro.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:49

harald2002

So now we know who was there !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home