Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 42 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:20

Spotted: bv, Patti, dog, Tim, Bernard, Karl, Matt. Not in any particular order.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 17:23 by Topi.

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:21

NeddieFlanders
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
Let's hope it was a non-alcoholic red wine, for Ronnie's sake..

I don't think "Rosso di Montalcino" make a non alcoholic wine.
After what Ronnie as been through i think he should just enjoy himself.

I wasn't there - but I'm quite positive that he ordered the red wine for Sally (and personally drank Coca Cola or Red Bull or similar).

N

Ronnie is good at keeping his drinking under the radar, yeah sure Ronnie might have had a cola, but Sally usually drinks soft drinks in support of Ronnie judging by the water ( not wine ) that is usually at their table.
Come show time we will all find out. There's a vast difference between sober Ronnie and drinking Ronnie when it comes to playing live.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:24

Topi

Nice! grinning smileythumbs up

Date: September 8, 2017 17:28

Bernard just signed for about 15 ppl.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:31

schwonek
maumau
laertisflash
"...Especially to a German audience that is notoriously the most "blues oriented" audience in Europe"

Interesting, I never heard it in the past, Maumau. Any explanation, cultural, historical, etc? I thought British audiences were more "blues friendly", thanks to bands like Stones, Cream and many others.

don't have a scientific explanation.

So since then to me Germany is THE blues nation smiling smiley

You do remember the Allied-occupied Germany after WWII? There was blues all over Germany thanks to GB and the US soldiers. Thank god.

yeah of course, great schwonek, that is THE historical esplanation. solid thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 17:31 by maumau.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:33

35love
Topi
Got Darryl's autograph.

Are you hanging 'round looking for Mike Jagger? >grinning smiley<

or do you say it like this in German- Mik-hail

Come on, girl.

Being myself from this country, in my whole life have I never ever heard a single German pronounce The Mick's first name wrongly.

Cheers and see you t'row maybe. Which pit is yours?

d.f

Date: September 8, 2017 17:37

The Germans do misspell Charlie as Charly! Maybe it's because of Unser Charly? winking smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 17:38

Also spotted: Conchita Wurst. Did not sign.

Date: September 8, 2017 17:42

Any hope for another soundcheck, please?

d.f

Date: September 8, 2017 17:47

NeddieFlanders
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
Let's hope it was a non-alcoholic red wine, for Ronnie's sake..

I don't think "Rosso di Montalcino" make a non alcoholic wine.
After what Ronnie as been through i think he should just enjoy himself.

I wasn't there - but I'm quite positive that he ordered the red wine for Sally (and personally drank Coca Cola or Red Bull or similar).

N

Probably

Date: September 8, 2017 17:52

<UK audiences were fantastic up until recently but now with the Stones insisting on all seating areas, with people forced to sit through a Rock concert, is just all wrong to my mind>

Surely you mean the US audiences? There isn't all seating areas in Europe on Stones shows.

Date: September 8, 2017 17:54

Is it just me, but i'm not really interested in the backing singers or their autographs. There are only four Rolling Stones members as far as i'm concerned.
I'm sure Bernard and Sasha are lovely talented people though, as was Lisa.
If there is a 5th Stone it has to be Chuck and i don't even want his autograph, i guess i would enjoy talking to him about the Stones and the Planet and how he is not my favorite choice as a pianist for this band. Chance would be a fine thing winking smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 17:54

Topi

LOL

Date: September 8, 2017 18:03

DandelionPowderman

Surely you mean the US audiences? There isn't all seating areas in Europe on Stones shows.

Stadium of light was all seated as was Wembley arena and the 02, just going over the last Stones shows i saw in the UK. The two 02 shows in London were very nonchalant as far as i was concerned.

Date: September 8, 2017 18:06

Tim also signed. Jane Rose said hi, woohoo! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 18:07

stone4ever
Is it just me, but i'm not really interested in the backing singers or their autographs. There are only four Rolling Stones members as far as i'm concerned.
If there is a 5th Stone it has to be Chuck and i don't even want his autograph, i guess i would enjoy talking to him about the Stones and the Planet and how he is not my favorite choice as a pianist for this band. Chance would be a fine thing winking smiley

No big fish to be seen, gotta go for the small.

Date: September 8, 2017 18:11

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman

Stadium of light was all seated as was Wembley arena and the 02, just going over the last Stones shows i saw in the UK. The two 02 shows in London were very nonchalant as far as i was concerned.

Hyde Park was not. 2012 was my first show at the O2, but isn't it always all seating there?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:12

Topi

So happy for you Topi!
Sounds like you're having a BLAST...

Did the dog sign?
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 8, 2017 18:13

Topi
stone4ever

I can't get over how unobtainable the Stones have become.
Such secrecy to everything these days.
Google Ronnie or Keith, not one picture of them in months.
Ok we got one of Keith with his guitars behind him but that's it.
I just miss seeing the guys come out and sign autographs etc.

Date: September 8, 2017 18:16

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman

Hyde Park was not. 2012 was my first show at the O2, but isn't it always all seating there?

Yes that's right, plus i meant Millennium stadium not Stadium of light.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:23

DandelionPowderman
laertisflash
"...Especially to a German audience that is notoriously the most "blues oriented" audience in Europe"

Interesting, I never heard it in the past, Maumau. Any explanation, cultural, historical, etc? I thought British audiences were more "blues friendly", thanks to bands like Stones, Cream and many others.

I think the fact that the germans bought more than a 7th of all the B&L-albums sold worldwide has something to do with it...

That goes way back. To keep it short in this thread: the german concert promotors Horst Lippman and Fritz Rau did the yearly(1962-1966) American Folk Blues Festival and brought all the american blues artists to Europe (incl. England). They influenced the whole european music scene incl TV-appearances. One reason why they were close with the Stones.
There are dvd`s out incl. a forword by Bill Wyman.

Blue and Lonesome was bought by many people cause it`s a fantastic blues lp. Many of them wouldn`t have bought a Stones lp. Just my personal observations.

Hope to hear some Blues in Hamburg!!

Tom

Date: September 8, 2017 18:30

Kurt
Topi

So happy for you Topi!
Sounds like you're having a BLAST...

Did the dog sign?
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Didn't even bark!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:31

Topi

She's hoping the Stones play her song - The Wurst. grinning smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 18:34

Bag almost packed, time for hamburgers and pre show drinks and tommorrow 08.30 500 kms autobahn!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:37

Silver Dagger
Topi

She's hoping the Stones play her song - The Wurst. grinning smiley

Mick actually mentioned her in Vienna in 2014, something like that they tried to rehearse some song of hers but it didn't work out smiling smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:39

After all these observations and explanations (thanks for the info, electricmud!), about the strong relationship between blues and Germany, i wonder: Elbe or Mississippi is this river, near the beautiful venue?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:45

Hi Topi,did BV sign ?

Date: September 8, 2017 18:48

stargroover
Hi Topi,did BV sign ?

Shoulda asked!

Date: September 8, 2017 18:49

stone4ever
Topi
stone4ever

I can't get over how unobtainable the Stones have become.
Such secrecy to everything these days.
Google Ronnie or Keith, not one picture of them in months.
Ok we got one of Keith with his guitars behind him but that's it.
I just miss seeing the guys come out and sign autographs etc.

Diffucult it seems, stoned4ever, I'm sitting in the Park, under the trees (shelter), with umbrella, getting pissed by the (pouring) rain.

No sign of soundcheck.

2007 in Hamburg, day after the show, when they left the Hotel for the airport, Charlie, being the only one to get out to his limo on foot, signed thru the car window to a couple of pushy autograph seekers, he gave me however a nice nod and
a smile to my thumbs up gestures.

d.f

Look fwd to Sat'day. Meet me in GA?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:52

DandelionPowderman
tioms
Blues songs in open area for 60,000 & 70,000 people? It doesn't work. And that boring song'Miss You',I hope they dropped it in the setlist.

And it worked on Desert Trip, according to the people who were there smiling smiley

Yes a highlight both nights for me (along with Midnight Rambler) as well as Vegas, though I will say some of the general masses seemed to be getting a bit antsy at all three of those shows.
They're both quick and short though, so anyone who was confused or bored didn't have to wait long until the next tune started.

I'm sure they'll play one per show for all the diehards in attendance, and at the same time might open the eyes of some of the uninitiated and/or uninterested. But the fact Blue and Lonesome sold so well in Germany, along with the fact it is strictly a Stones show (vs. Desert Trip which had a variety of fans of different bands) the blues tunes will probably be amongst the highlights for most in attendance.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 42 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home