Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 41 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:52

slewan
come on folks, it just as simple as that: The answer to the question "Is … allowed" is always: NO
It's a wonder that we are allows to bring our bones with us (they can be dangerous weapons, of course)

Yeap, if it is all for the "security," I tkink that first thing that should be prohibbited to enter the site should be people, since there is nothing more dangerous than them eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 14:53 by Happy24.

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: tioms ()
Date: September 8, 2017 14:57

Blues songs in open area for 60,000 & 70,000 people? It doesn't work. And that boring song'Miss You',I hope they dropped it in the setlist.

Date: September 8, 2017 14:59

tioms
Blues songs in open area for 60,000 & 70,000 people? It doesn't work. And that boring song'Miss You',I hope they dropped it in the setlist.

And it worked on Desert Trip, according to the people who were there smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 8, 2017 15:00

harald2002

and another one from the Abendblatt:

thumbs up Many thanks for coping the article-texts from the Hamburger Abendblatt here ....

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 8, 2017 15:06

DandelionPowderman
dead.flowers
DandelionPowderman
Some of us will be here for a pre-show meeting:

Moondoo & Bar Morphine
Reeperbahn 136

What time?

d.f

It seems to be closed. I'll be back with a new pub + the time smiling smiley

Do any of you guys sometimes regret too many pre show drinks, i tend to forget most of the memories of the show when i drink before hand.
I prefer to have a few beers just before show time. Puts me in the right Rock and Roll mode with the bonus of remembering the Damn thing lol.

I got so wasted in London 95 at the Hard Rock cafe that i forgot what hotel i was staying in after the show and had to pay for another hotel confused smiley
I never did find out, left all my luggage their too.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 8, 2017 15:06

And Hamburgers/German fans out there know of a great sounding bar called Bar Morphine? Looking for a good cocktail/beer bar to while away the early afternoon.

Date: September 8, 2017 15:16

Silver Dagger
And Hamburgers/German fans out there know of a great sounding bar called Bar Morphine? Looking for a good cocktail/beer bar to while away the early afternoon.

See above, Mike. It was your suggestion after all grinning smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 15:18

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
dead.flowers
DandelionPowderman

Moondoo & Bar Morphine
Reeperbahn 136

What time?

d.f

Do any of you guys sometimes regret too many pre show drinks, i tend to forget most of the memories of the show when i drink before hand.
I prefer to have a few beers just before show time. Puts me in the right Rock and Roll mode with the bonus of remembering the Damn thing lol.

I got so wasted in London 95 at the Hard Rock cafe that i forgot what hotel i was staying in after the show and had to pay for another hotel confused smiley

When the guard showed me back to my seat for the 10th time on O2 I (I was hanging in the rails right behind the tongue pit), that thought crossed my mind grinning smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 15:30

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
dead.flowers
DandelionPowderman

Moondoo & Bar Morphine
Reeperbahn 136

What time?

d.f

When the guard showed me back to my seat for the 10th time on O2 I (I was hanging in the rails right behind the tongue pit), that thought crossed my mind grinning smiley

Haha
we should have a thread of funny (drunken) stories of experiences at shows.

My biggest regret is always having too many beers, not a good idea when you have worked your way to the front of a stand up stadium gig. Its not like people are going to hold your place for you on your return from the toilet hehe

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 8, 2017 15:36

stone4ever

Haha

My first Stones-show was in may 1990.
In the bus to Rotterdam 2 or 3 guys drank so much, they were so drunk... I think they didn't see the concert at all...
A beer is fun, but missing a Stonesconcert isn't !

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: September 8, 2017 15:38

Here's mine at Vienna 14# on fire Concert...My friend got us VIP ticket's....i.e free drinks started with a few beers then the girls working filled up my beer mug with champagne....I had about 8 of those....After show at some beach bar....I said had a great time everyone and decided to walk home....I live in Prague!!!!! lol

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 8, 2017 15:39

slewan
nobody is interessted in those blues cover (except some diehard fans, maybe 2-3% of the audience)

The Stones always had this goal: Bring the blues to the people.

Date: September 8, 2017 15:39

grinning smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 15:44

ErwinH
stone4ever

Haha

My first Stones-show was in may 1990.
In the bus to Rotterdam 2 or 3 guys drank so much, they were so drunk... I think they didn't see the concert at all...
A beer is fun, but missing a Stonesconcert isn't !

My wife and i forgot our passports when we should have seen the Stones in Holland. It was a package thing from England that included the coach trip and ferry crossing.
For some reason it just felt like we were going to a concert, not abroad. No drink involved, just two idiot country bumpkins thinking that the other must have thought of everything. Not. Coach driver goes ok passports at the ready, and we are just like looking at each other sad smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 8, 2017 16:00

funny to hear among Stones fans the opinion that blues songs from a 2 million selling blues covers album would not be appealing for a crowd

exspecially to a german audience that is notoriously the most "blues oriented" audience in Europe

i do hope/believe in a small blues set in the set instead

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 16:03 by maumau.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 16:02

maumau
funny to hear among Stones fans the opinion that blues songs from a 2 million selling blues covers album would not be appealing for a crowd

exspecially to a german audience that is notoriously the most "blues oriented" audience in Europe

+1

Date: September 8, 2017 16:08

maumau

+1

+2

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: September 8, 2017 16:30

A little off note but here is to hoping Keith's haus in T & C will be ok! Hope his staff are safe.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 8, 2017 16:30

"...Especially to a German audience that is notoriously the most "blues oriented" audience in Europe"

Interesting, I never heard it in the past, Maumau. Any explanation, cultural, historical, etc? I thought British audiences were more "blues friendly", thanks to bands like Stones, Cream and many others.

Date: September 8, 2017 16:32

laertisflash
"...Especially to a German audience that is notoriously the most "blues oriented" audience in Europe"

Interesting, I never heard it in the past, Maumau. Any explanation, cultural, historical, etc? I thought British audiences were more "blues friendly", thanks to bands like Stones, Cream and many others.

I think the fact that the germans bought more than a 7th of all the B&L-albums sold worldwide has something to do with it...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()

tioms

The blues numbers at Desert Trip(s) worked very,very, well.
As they did in Vegas.

Would be shocked if they didn't play them.

Posted by: 1962 ()

Germany, Holland, UK are the most blues-friendly audiences I think

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2017 16:47

Got Darryl's autograph.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 8, 2017 16:51

laertisflash

don't have a scientific explanation. of course UK is probably the "most" bluesy. so I would have to edit: the most blues oriented in Europe among non-english speaking countries.

I think that I got this belief since I travelled in the late eighties in Germany (West Germany at that time). Of course record shops were a main attraction in every city and, coming from Italy, I was stunned to see all that blues stuff all those big sections dedicated to the blues (and black music in general) that I could only dream of where I live.

So since then to me Germany is THE blues nation smiling smiley

and yes numbers like that of the b&l sales corroborate the idea.

also the very fanbase of the stones themselves. a rock and roll band deeply rooted in the blues origin of their music that historically plays a very large number of gigs in Germany, while usually one or (seldom) two in Italy for example. i think also this is a sign of that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 16:59 by maumau.

Date: September 8, 2017 16:52

Topi
Got Darryl's autograph.

thumbs up

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 8, 2017 16:56

No need for them to play any old blues numbers. B&L was not by any means an important album which needs to be presented live. Play actual Stones songs instead, rare or not, these might be their final concerts and they shouldn't have a bunch of covers in the setlist.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:03

Topi
Got Darryl's autograph.

Are you hanging 'round looking for Mike Jagger? >grinning smiley<

or do you say it like this in German- Mik-hail

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 17:06 by 35love.

Date: September 8, 2017 17:06

DandelionPowderman
laertisflash

I think the fact that the germans bought more than a 7th of all the B&L-albums sold worldwide has something to do with it...

Maybe the Germans just love the Rolling Stones, so bought more copy's of BAL

Britain is very blues orientated, always has been since the 60's, but perhaps not so in love with the Stones as Germany and other parts of Europe. Would explain why the Stones have boycotted London this tour. I find UK audiences a bit blasa or nonchalant, like they have seen and done it all before. Audiences in the USA even more so.
I think the Stones enjoy playing to lively audiences, who can blame them.
This wasn't always the case a few decades ago, UK audiences were fantastic up until recently but now with the Stones insisting on all seating areas, with people forced to sit through a Rock concert, is just all wrong to my mind. Why can't people get up and dance and go crazy. Its all about money, you paid a shed load for your seat and you don't want anyone getting in the way lol.
I actually think it has a lot to do with how often people attend concerts, the London shows are mostly attended by concert going people as opposed to die hard Stones fans.
Obviously this is just my opinion, and i am most probably wrong, this is just my experience, its not intended to offend.

Edit. Just to add that obviously UK festivals are a different experience entirely to normal UK shows. They are wonderfully spirited and create a fantastic atmosphere. They just love live music and have a vast knowledge of music, Rock especially.
Also aren't Germany very much into Rock, loads of great Rock bands from Germany, maybe another reason BAL sold so well there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 17:17 by stone4ever.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:13

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
Let's hope it was a non-alcoholic red wine, for Ronnie's sake..

I don't think "Rosso di Montalcino" make a non alcoholic wine.
After what Ronnie as been through i think he should just enjoy himself.

I wasn't there - but I'm quite positive that he ordered the red wine for Sally (and personally drank Coca Cola or Red Bull or similar).

N

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 8, 2017 17:19

maumau
laertisflash

don't have a scientific explanation.

So since then to me Germany is THE blues nation smiling smiley

You do remember the Allied-occupied Germany after WWII? There was blues all over Germany thanks to GB and the US soldiers. Thank god.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 41 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home