Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 8, 2017 11:14

From the clips available the Stones sound better than they have for a long while, Love Mick on UMT and GH

Its almost like he has been listening to some of us lol.

This is getting me so excited hot smiley

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Date: September 8, 2017 11:18

Let's hope it was a non-alcoholic red wine, for Ronnie's sake..

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 11:25

So :

new stage is great, sound is fantastic, Mick's voice is fantastic, guitars great, setlist awsome, tempo a little bit slow, maybe tomarrow faster!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 11:34 by 1962.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 8, 2017 11:26

I'm not expect on setlists but as far as I can see UMT has last been befored in 2006 (according to setlist.fm).
But can it be true that Dancing With Mr. D. was last performed in 1973 (and only about 30 times)????

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 8, 2017 11:29

slewan
I'm not expect on setlists but as far as I can see UMT has last been befored in 2006 (according to setlist.fm).
But can it be true that Dancing With Mr. D. was last performed in 1973 (and only about 30 times)????

Would be awesome to hear them both!

Date: September 8, 2017 11:29

Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
1. Start me up
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Dancing with Mr. D
5. Under my Thumb (by request)
6. Play with fire
7. Paint It Black
8. Honky Tonk Women Band introductions
9. You Got The Silver (Keith)
10. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
11. Midnight Rambler (B-Stage)
12. Just your fool (B-Stage)
13. Miss You (B-Stage)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Jumpin Jack Flash
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Brown Sugar Band off stage
18. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with choir)
19. Satisfaction

Date: September 8, 2017 11:32

schwonek
slewan

Would be awesome to hear them both!

I heared them both yesterday at the soundcheck.
And I see Play With Fire was last performed live in 1990

Date: September 8, 2017 11:33

Not bad but I hope more (2) B&L numbers.

Date: September 8, 2017 11:35

schwonek
Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
1. Start me up
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Dancing with Mr. D
6. Play with fire
7. Paint It Black
13. Miss You (B-Stage)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Jumpin Jack Flash
19. Satisfaction

I don't think they'll do Mr.D, Thumb, PWF and PIT in a row… (would be kind of wasting the obvious highlight. I hope they'll save one of the surpirse/rare songs for the last third of the show (although I know that it is highly unlikely)

Date: September 8, 2017 11:36

schwonek
Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
1. Start me up
2. It's Only Rock'n Roll
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Dancing with Mr. D
6. Play with fire
7. Paint It Black
13. Miss You (B-Stage)
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Jumpin Jack Flash
19. Satisfaction

Based on what?

And what about Ride 'Em On Down?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 8, 2017 11:38

This is exactly why it is good to get information about rehearsed songs; the adrenaline
is flowing through my body like a thunderstorm!
Quite some surprises. Please good people, going to the show in Hamburg tomorrow,
let them know we looooove surprises like these!
And of course, let them know we love them, but you will, I know, you will.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: September 8, 2017 11:42

Maybe the new stage means also new enthusianism, brave variation of songs, more energy for the band, who knows? (to tell the truth Iam a bit sceptical though)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 11:43 by 1962.

Date: September 8, 2017 11:44

DandelionPowderman
schwonek
Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
19. Satisfaction

Based on what?

Based on the rehearsal and the Cuba set list plus a B-Stage set list.
Just your fool works better for a stadium I think.

Date: September 8, 2017 11:46

as I mentioned before: They won't do two blues covers in one show. Thus we might hear Just Your Fool tomorrow and Ride'em On Down in Munich (or the other way round)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 11:48 by slewan.

Date: September 8, 2017 11:48

slewan
as I mentioned before: They won't do two blues covers in one show. Thus the might do Just Your Fool tomorrow and Ride'em On Down in Munich (or the other way round)

usually not, but they love to experiment on the first one or two gigs

Date: September 8, 2017 11:49

schwonek
DandelionPowderman
schwonek
Spoiler!

Could this be it?

The set list
19. Satisfaction

Based on what?

Based on the rehearsal and the Cuba set list plus a B-Stage set list.
Just your fool works better for a stadium I think.

Ah, ok! An educated guess smiling smiley

If I should guess, I'd say they'll play both blues numbers on that «B-stage».

So we might get 20 songs.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 8, 2017 11:53

They might not play YCAGWYW, so with REOD it makes 20 songs

Date: September 8, 2017 11:53

nobody is interessted in those blues cover (except some diehard fans, maybe 2-3% of the audience)

Date: September 8, 2017 11:54

DandelionPowderman
Let's hope it was a non-alcoholic red wine, for Ronnie's sake..

I don't think "Rosso di Montalcino" make a non alcoholic wine.
After what Ronnie as been through i think he should just enjoy himself.

Date: September 8, 2017 11:55

slewan
nobody is interessted in those blues cover (except some diehard fans, maybe 2-3% of the audience)

plus more than 2 millions who bought the album, (more than 300.000 in Germany alone ?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 11:56 by 1962.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 8, 2017 11:56

slewan

I don't think so.
Just Your fool is sounding great and will please most of the crowd.
The 2-3% are likely to represent some 10%, even more in countries like Germany and the Netherlands

Date: September 8, 2017 12:00

On the clip of GS there is this keyboard or something drowning out the guitars, i wonder what happened there, ( hope it will not be that high in the mix show time ) the highlight of the show for me is the Guitars on GS, when Keith and Ronnie do that interlocking thing that sends shivers up my spine on good night's.

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:04

Doc
slewan

I don't think so.
Just Your fool is sounding great and will please most of the crowd.
The 2-3% are likely to represent some 10%, even more in countries like Germany and the Netherlands

Yeah, I agree - I'm probably one of the youngest guys on here, and a lot of my friends who aren't really Stones fans but may come along to concerts from time to time would be very excited to hear B&L songs... I have a decent number of friends who got into the Stones because of B&L. Would be fun to have a few blues numbers both for the diehard fans as well as more casual listeners.

I don't think anyone would complain if Tumbling Dice was replaced by a blues number...

Date: September 8, 2017 12:07

slewan

2 million people were interested enough to buy the album..

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:07

bye bye johnny

www.sylent-press.de/AerialPics

[www.bild.de]

Any information on how high those four "towers" are? I really hope they will fit into Esprit Arena Dusseldorf without any changes despite a closed roof (which it will be for sure, I think).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:19

slewan

plus more than 2 millions who bought the album, (more than 300.000 in Germany alone ?)

Yeah that's a bit of a mystery, clever marketing campaign hyping a return to the roots...the real question is how many people are still playing it ? Based on who plays it here It's probably best not to try to find out ;-)

Each time I hear JYF it takes me back to 1989 and "Cook Cook Blues", not a bad thing I suppose ;-)

Mr.D that's a good surprise, the only real surprise actually. The new arrangement with the backing vocals sounds pretty good too.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 8, 2017 12:29

How strict are we thinking they will be with regards to cameras? Wanted to bring my GoPro which has historically been fine...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:30

They seem to answer that all cameras are no go. Except cellphones.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 8, 2017 12:31

Hairball
Kurt
Under My Thumb...
the first song I ever saw them perform live...November 30, 1981

YES!
hot smiley

thumbs up

I never thought about it, but now that you mention it same here - Los Angeles Coliseum, October 9th, 1981!
The first and only time I've seen them perform Play With Fire was at the the Los Angeles Coliseum, Oct. 18, 1989.[/quote

Yeah

UMT

Also first song that I saw them perform live: Hanover 1st show 1982. I'll never forget. What a cool intro, also.

d.f

Date: September 8, 2017 12:32

If I'm not wrong that's been the official party line for Ole Ole Ole, Zipcode and 14 On Fire, but haven't seen it enforced, right?

So question is do we expect heightened sensitivity here?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home