Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 45 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: September 9, 2017 00:32

Also, the promoter now says there will be a couple of ATM's inside the venue.

What do you mean with ATM´s ????

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 9, 2017 00:45

vintage stone
Also, the promoter now says there will be a couple of ATM's inside the venue.

What do you mean with ATM´s ????

Unless it means something different over there...
it means Automatic Teller Machine aka a machine one can get might be able to get money out of with a bank card

What it usually means at big venues is "If anyone is so short sighted that they did not bring enough money with them, we will punish them by making them stand in lines typically 10-50 people deep, charge everyone up to 10% in fees and just to be hilarious not put much money in the machine so it runs out for sure".

The moral??? NEVER count on being able to get money at an ATM at concert venues
Take plenty of money and stash most of your cash in a very safe spot (e.g. inside belt wallet) then pull smaller spending amounts as you go.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 9, 2017 01:44

From what I've seen up to now ,I won't be spending much on Merchandise thumbs down

sc uk

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: September 9, 2017 02:23

The Lady in the Lake on the Stones Hamburg merchandise is the famous sculpture which mysteriously appeared in a German lake in 2011. It made all the newspapers in Germany and also the Daily Mail. I'd google it but I don't have the time.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 9, 2017 02:37

straycatuk
From what I've seen up to now ,I won't be spending much on Merchandise thumbs down

sc uk

Yep its the worst looking merchandise i've ever seen.
I wouldn't want one of those t shirts if you gave it me !!

Just what happened to T shirts etc with the bands faces ??

What is wrong with being old ?? nothing man, wear age with pride not cynicism and embarrassment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 03:04 by stone4ever.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 9, 2017 03:45

>What is wrong with being old ??

When I was young, Steve Miller gave me a piece of advice and so far it is working well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 03:47 by HankM.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 9, 2017 04:42

Buy a tee-shirt from a bootlegger on the street outside the venue. $15 to $20 tops. In the end nobody will ever know the difference.

Date: September 9, 2017 04:53

The Sicilian
Buy a tee-shirt from a bootlegger on the street outside the venue. $15 to $20 tops. In the end nobody will ever know the difference.

Are there many bootleg t-shirt hawkers in Europe? Here in the US the cops crack down on the people selling knock-offs so I don't see much of it here anymore.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 9, 2017 05:13

BitchKeepsBitchin
The Sicilian

Are there many bootleg t-shirt hawkers in Europe? Here in the US the cops crack down on the people selling knock-offs so I don't see much of it here anymore.

Bootleg t-shirts are still everywhere at every US show by every big name band I go see.
Picked up a nice Roger Waters t-shirt for $5.00 after the show - same design as the official $40 version, but of even better quality.
There were even bootleg shirts at Desert Trip - exact design as the official at less than half the price, and again better quality.
The cheapest I ever paid was one dollar for a Stones t-shirt after the Anaheim 50 and Counting show, and I still happily wear it!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 9, 2017 05:40

I found if you buy two sizes larger, the shirts last longer, and makes you 7% cooler.smiling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 9, 2017 07:37

Far Away Drone Footage and vid Of New Stage (from far away)... Stage Possibly Still Partly In Design?:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 07:38 by IanBillen.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 9, 2017 07:42

Irix
swimtothemoon

Sorry if I missed an earlier post, but is the strict "no cameras" policy only for this particular venue or for the entire Stones tour?

It's at least the same in Munich: [iorr.org] .

Thanks I looked at the link. What I saw was not translated into english but
looking at the graphics for the banned items, I see a camera body with a
separate lens. My guess, and I could be completely wrong, this graphic is
calling for "professional cameras" with removable lens being banned. If this
is the case the venue will typically allow the other cameras without removable
lens. Don't change your plans based on my observation though as this is just a guess.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 9, 2017 08:46

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 08:50 by maumau.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: September 9, 2017 08:49

gotdablouse
So were they offering to store the cameras somewhere? Sounds like a logistical nightmare...Since that rule's never been enforced anywhere before AFAIK (except for club shows where even phones were not allowed) there must have been tons of people who had brought theirs.

They've done it before. They did it at the outdoor show in Essen back in 2003. Basically, they put your camera or recording device in a plastic bag with a sticker on it, the lower piece which was torn off and handed to you as a claim ticket for after the show. Of course, when you returned to the tent after the concert it was pitch black with hundreds of cameras piled up on the ground. It took about 20 minutes to get mine back.

Date: September 9, 2017 08:51

Have a great one everybody!!! See you in hamburg

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 9, 2017 08:51

weather in Hamburg right now (7:51 am): cold and rainy

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 9, 2017 09:10

On my way to Hamburg with Blabla met another Stones Fan. It is gonna be big!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 9, 2017 09:13

[www.wetter.com]

Should clear up for the evening.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 9, 2017 09:27

Topi
[www.wetter.com]

Should clear up for the evening.

So Keith's rain stick seems to be working grinning smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 9, 2017 09:36

B-Stage: Any news? Will there be a second drum kit?

Date: September 9, 2017 09:57

SAS fvcked up big time! (Long story) Will arrive in Hamburg at 2 pm instead of 9 am.. Will try the Morphine, but can't guarantee that I'll make it.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 9, 2017 10:15

swimtothemoon

What I saw was not translated into english but looking at the graphics for the banned items, I see a camera body with a separate lens.

At the graphic [iorr.org] is literally stated: "Aufzeichnungsgeräte (Kameras, Audio- oder Videorekorder, GoPros)" - "Recording devices (Cameras, Audio- or Videorecorder, GoPros)".

They do not distinguish after professional equipment ....

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 9, 2017 10:28

The Sicilian

Its my experience that bootleg T/shirts don't last long and they shrink.
I still got fruit of the loom T/shirts from 90' and 95' tours in excellent condition..
You get what you pay for.

Date: September 9, 2017 10:43

Visiting the Hard Rock Café with my friend probably around noon. If you spot a Bridges tour t-shirt with the golden tongue, and a blue Kangol cap, come say hi!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 10:44 by Topi.

Date: September 9, 2017 10:46

Will you pop by the Morphine, Topi?

Date: September 9, 2017 10:57

We will see about that. Not sure.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 9, 2017 11:00

Weather forecast Hamburg, 9-Sept-2017, 12pm to Midnight:

[www.Wetteronline.de]

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: September 9, 2017 11:00

Everyday I drive thru Stadtpark on my way to work however now I cant be with you all as I am far far away. Wish everybody a wonderful opening night of the tour, will try to follow in Periscope. Surely the rain will stop before the boys start the show!
See you in Lucca, DUS and Paris!

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: September 9, 2017 11:02

Get those rain sticks working!

Date: September 9, 2017 11:17

Everything seems to be ready.....Silver Dagger and I at Heathrow ready to rock our way to Hamburg

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 45 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home