Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: April 28, 2017 18:14

12.09.1965 my first Stones-Concert in Essen - Grugahalle

12.09.2017 perhaps my last Stones-Concert in Munich - Olympiastadium ????

I really don´t know.....

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 28, 2017 18:30

thomas guitar
bv
The 1998 tour ended September 19 in Istanbul. On that tour they played Hague, Bremen, Berlin etc in September.

During October 2006 they played outdoor in Regina Canada and Chicago USA in freezing cold temperatures. Not ideal but possible.

No problem to start a tour in September as long as you know what you are doing.

Excactly, the last years in Germany it was very warm in September and warm also in October, climate changes as we all know. i have no worries about.
i will be happy to see the Stones again and again....plus in germany they have two stadiums with a roof......maybe it will a stadium and arena Tour .....love it

Than would imply a stage in at least 2 versions ... how can we track which experts get the deal done with the Stones? Would be really interesting. I recon, it's the same crews as for the last tours or does it differ as to US here, SA there and EU is still another thing?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 28, 2017 19:01

SomeTorontoGirl
Nate
So where will we all be flying to next year then?Nate smileys with beer

With any luck, nowhere. They're overdue in Toronto! C'mon back, boys, we miss you!

The Michael Cohl days are over, Toronto is just another city on a US tour now.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 28, 2017 19:04

On Italian newspapers there are some speculations about a possible Stones gig on 22-23 of September in Mestre or Milan, do you have some info about it?!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 28, 2017 19:09

roller99
SomeTorontoGirl
Nate
So where will we all be flying to next year then?Nate smileys with beer

With any luck, nowhere. They're overdue in Toronto! C'mon back, boys, we miss you!

The Michael Cohl days are over, Toronto is just another city on a US tour now.

Well, Keith was here the last 2 years for premiers of movies at the Film Festival. Maybe some sentiment remains. And (checking map) we're not part of the US. We have a flag, and a song, and even a little guy in a hut deciding who gets to come in. He's cool with Keith, BTW.

Date: April 28, 2017 19:14

grinning smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 28, 2017 19:23

Erhard51

Hello Erhard. Might be looking for a place to stay in Deutschland again for one of the shows.

plexi

Date: April 28, 2017 19:42

timbernardis
Erhard51

Hello Erhard. Might be looking for a place to stay in Deutschland again for one of the shows.

plexi

Timothy, we all would love it to have you again here in Germany.

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: April 28, 2017 20:18

Question for you fine folks. I've seen these boys many times over the years, but never in Europe. I'd love to buy tickets for the shows, but any idea how one does that here in the U.S.? When the tickets do go on sale, do you think they will be available through the website, or the app?

Many thanks, for your thoughts and any advice. Have a wonderful weekend to all!!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 28, 2017 20:30

Shesarainbow
Question for you fine folks. I've seen these boys many times over the years, but never in Europe. I'd love to buy tickets for the shows, but any idea how one does that here in the U.S.? When the tickets do go on sale, do you think they will be available through the website, or the app?

Many thanks, for your thoughts and any advice. Have a wonderful weekend to all!!

I would think that you would have no problem to buy tickets for European shows on the official Stones website when they are released.
I live in the U.K and last year bought tickets for the shows in Brazil through the official website.

I would strongly advise waiting until tickets are officially released before trying to purchase them do not be fooled by fake websites claiming to have tickets before they are officially released for sale.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 28, 2017 20:33

Nate
Shesarainbow

I would think that you would have no problem to buy tickets for European shows on the official Stones website when they are released.
I live in the U.K and last year bought tickets for the shows in Brazil through the official website.

I would strongly advise waiting until tickets are officially released before trying to purchase them do not be fooled by fake websites claiming to have tickets before they are officially released for sale.

Nate thumbs up

Thank you Nate.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 28, 2017 20:40

I guess their won't be stadium shows in Germany beside Olympiastadion in Munich.
The next Bundesliga season starts in mid August and I don't think that any football club is exited to have their turn destroyed by Stones fans…

(Munich's Olympiastadion isn't used for football anymore)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 28, 2017 20:41

Okey, fellow Scandinavians. Odds for one or more gigs in Scandinavia this time around? What do you think? And in that case - which city?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 28, 2017 20:48

Stoneage
Okey, fellow Scandinavians. Odds for one or more gigs in Scandinavia this time around? What do you think? And in that case - which city?

Stockholm and Oslo.

- Doxa

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 28, 2017 20:50

slewan
I guess their won't be stadium shows in Germany beside Olympiastadion in Munich.
The next Bundesliga season starts in mid August and I don't think that any football club is exited to have their turn destroyed by Stones fans…

(Munich's Olympiastadion isn't used for football anymore)

They could use open air fields that exist in some big cities.

Date: April 28, 2017 20:51

Seems plausible, Doxa. Reykjavik would be an outsider though...

Date: April 28, 2017 20:58

Stoneage
Seems plausible, Doxa. Reykjavik would be an outsider though...

It sure is outside of Scandinavia winking smiley

Date: April 28, 2017 21:10

That's what I meant, DP!

Date: April 28, 2017 21:16

child-of-the-moon
timbernardis
Erhard51

plexi

And I would love to be there. Thanks for your sentiments. You make me feel especially welcome. I surmise you are on Treff but I don't know your real name.

plexi

Date: April 28, 2017 21:18

timbernardis
child-of-the-moon
timbernardis
Erhard51

plexi

And I would love to be there. Thanks for your sentiments. You make me feel especially welcome. I surmise you are on Treff but I don't know your real name.

plexi

Oh, you are Olaf, how could I be so stupid!!

plexi

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: April 28, 2017 22:24

Doxa
Stoneage

Stockholm and Oslo.

- Doxa

If they decide to play in Sweden Ullevi (Gothenburg) could be a possible venue if the show is in the begining of the tour in September. Otherwise probably an indoor venue in Stockholm such as Friends Arena or Tele2 Arena. Just speculations of course.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: April 28, 2017 22:33

MacLaurens
Doxa
Stoneage

Stockholm and Oslo.

- Doxa

If they decide to play in Sweden Ullevi (Gothenburg) could be a possible venue if the show is in the begining of the tour in September. Otherwise probably an indoor venue in Stockholm such as Friends Arena or Tele2 Arena. Just speculations of course.

Yes, I think (and hope for!!) Oslo and Stockholm. Indoor venues seems like the most likely option consider how Scandinavian autumn can be. My guess is Tele2 arena in Stockholm and Telenor arena in Oslo (unfortunately...).

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: April 28, 2017 23:02

Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
just a guess for the two other shows in Germany: Berlin (maybe indoors?) and Düsseldorf again (with or without closed roof?)? All other places won't make sense…

A show in North Germany would make much more sense than Berlin or Düsseldorf/ Cologne. I wouldn't be surprised about Hamburg or Hanover.

So coooooool news, finally!! If it's 3 or 4 shows in Germany I would also guess Munich, Berlin, Hamburg (Germany's 3 biggest cities) and if one more, add Düsseldorf as the roof can be closed and it's still big (appr. 45.000 capacity).

Date: April 28, 2017 23:08

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
just a guess for the two other shows in Germany: Berlin (maybe indoors?) and Düsseldorf again (with or without closed roof?)? All other places won't make sense…

A show in North Germany would make much more sense than Berlin or Düsseldorf/ Cologne. I wouldn't be surprised about Hamburg or Hanover.

Hamburg seems to be rather unlikely – the stadium is just horrible, awful sound

Sorry, have to object here. Those shows I saw in Hamburg's stadium and inside arena were, while not brilliant, quite ok. I rather remember horrible echos and distortions in Düsseldorf. So, get on back to Hamburg!

Date: April 28, 2017 23:15

Erhard51

I really don´t know.....

Wow, that is impressive! I really keep my fingers crossed that it will happen for you this year spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 28, 2017 23:35

Brilliant 'news'. Very, very pleased. And anounced on my 50th birthday although I've only just read about it now. Let's just hope it actually happens this time.

Date: April 28, 2017 23:50

grzegorz67
Brilliant 'news'. Very, very pleased. And anounced on my 50th birthday although I've only just read about it now. Let's just hope it actually happens this time.

Very happy belated birthday then!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 29, 2017 01:13

karimamilena
slewan
Monsoon Ragoon
slewan

Hamburg seems to be rather unlikely – the stadium is just horrible, awful sound

Sorry, have to object here. Those shows I saw in Hamburg's stadium and inside arena were, while not brilliant, quite ok. I rather remember horrible echos and distortions in Düsseldorf. So, get on back to Hamburg!

Sound in Düsseldorf 2007 ( opened roof ) was pretty good and 2014 ( closed roof ) even better.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 29, 2017 02:16

I know I had read somewhere last year when Guns'n'Roses started their tour that they would be using The Stones' road crew...

The last scheduled Guns' show in the US is 8th September, so that makes some sense.

Hoping I can swing a return to Europe this Fall!

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: April 29, 2017 05:03

No problem SHESARAINBOW. I got tickets for Hyde Park and Vienna14 without issue. I live in Philly. I feel that I have a much easier time getting tickets to see them outside of the states. It's not as ravenous.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home