Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: May 1, 2017 10:13

I agree no album is likely before the tour. They no longer need to tour to promote an album. The album is more likely to come out after the tour so that sales are boosted by the Christmas market as per B+L. This release would fill the gap nicely between the end of the fall shows and the 2018 UK /US shows.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: May 1, 2017 12:33

bv - may I count on Poland? What do you think? Please, let me know. I will be very grateful smiling smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 1, 2017 12:56

DandelionPowderman
Not long ago they did brilliant versions of Around And Around, Little Red Rooster, Under The Boardwalk, Lady Jane and others. So they still got it in them, I believesmiling smiley

The frustrating thing is that they apparently still got it in them, but don't let it out.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 13:33

O2 arena in November is booked for the following dates;

2nd -3rd
12-19th
23-26
30th

Plenty of space for 1 or 2 shows smileys with beer

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 14:31

Off course they did. And they will. As they overdub all DVD and use in their Facebook and YouTube videos live music sound from past concerts...

slewan
mtaylor
powerage78
Only questions I care are about Keith playing in 2017...
Or - Ronnie being able to continue his good guitar work compensating for Keith.

they'll do the usual thing: Let Keith play (or @#$%& off) the intro riff, then turn him down in the mix and let Ronnie do the rest…

MonkeyMan2000

They never do something like that. At a concert you hear every note Keith plays loud and clear, wether it's the right one or not. There is nothing to hide.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 15:20 by powerage78.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 1, 2017 17:23

powerage78
Off course they did. And they will. As they overdub all DVD and use in their Facebook and YouTube videos live music sound from past concerts...

powerage78, you are getting on my nerves.
Al least the Stones don´t ask Axl Rose to step in for the singer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-01 17:24 by TooTough.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 1, 2017 17:39

So the last tour, this 2017 one being the last European tour obviously, probably will mostly in the US, with a round of shows in London to end where they started, is 2018.

And there may be a new album.

From what that sounds like, their plan to play shows through 2018, that will be it then.

Maybe they'll work on this new album for the next 5 years and release it in 2022 and simply call it 60.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 17:02 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 18:09

Last European Tour Sept./early Nov. 2017 with new album (or in December for Christmas season...)

February/April 2018 Asia+Australia Tour (Exhibitionism will move to Sidney next step)

Sept./Nov. 2018 North America + 2/3 gig in London 02 Arena

December 2019 Rock'n roll cover album (Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Little Richard tunes)

December 2020 Blues cover album (B&L N.2)

2022/2023 Residency Tour with 6 night in New York, 6 night in Los Angeles, 6 night in Tokyo and 6 night in LOndon with a Greatest Hits with 4/5 new tunes

cool smileythumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 18:16

Just the strict reality and nothing to do with Axl... cool smiley

TooTough
powerage78

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 18:21

GasLightStreet
So the last tour, this 2017 [b]one being the last European tour[/b] opbviously, probably will mostly in the US, with a round of shows in London to end where they started, is 2018.

From what that sounds like, their plan to play shows through 2018, that will be it then.

Maybe they'll work on this new album for the next 5 years and release it in 2022 and simply call it 60.

I like the idea of ending it in London in 2018 but equally it would be ridiculous if they don't do at least 1 or 2 London shows this year. The UK has been waiting very ver patiently!

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: May 1, 2017 18:39

Powerage78, you obviously haven't been to a show recently (I'm NOT talking about live albums etc.)
Keith is still very high up in the mix at the shows and the sound of his bridge pickups (juniors and teles) cuts through, you can hear every note he plays.

But let's stay on topic here and please stop creating false facts.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 1, 2017 19:17

If you have info or comments about the Tour please post here. If you want to talk about the Stones in general please use another thread, or make a new one. If everyone use this thread for general smalltalk then it will be impossible to use this thread for tour talks, and there will be 20 pages by the end of next week.

Bjornulf

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 1, 2017 20:40

Erhard51
timbernardis
Erhard51
Hello Plexi, you are welcome again in Duisburg, Germay. You can stay in my home if you like.

Thanks for your kind offer, Erhard. Has your Stones collection grown even more since the Trefffest in 2008?

plexi

Yes, my collection grown even more since 2008.thumbs up

If I get to Duisburg, I will have to make another videotape.

plexi

Date: May 1, 2017 20:46

sarahunwin
This is so exciting! It has been 10 years since I visited my family in England and have been putting it off this year to coordinate with the Stones tour - I have never seen them in my home town of London - hope they play there before the shitty weather in November, even if it is inside smiling smiley Hope for Spain too!

Hi Sarah
good to hear from u. I think we can plan on seeing each other in London.

plexi

Date: May 1, 2017 20:59

I really hope they play one or two Chuck Berry numbers this fall tour.

plexi

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 2, 2017 01:07

Rollin92
GasLightStreet
So the last tour, this 2017 [b]one being the last European tour[/b] opbviously, probably will mostly in the US, with a round of shows in London to end where they started, is 2018.

I like the idea of ending it in London in 2018 but equally it would be ridiculous if they don't do at least 1 or 2 London shows this year. The UK has been waiting very ver patiently!

So, is it true?? No UK shows this year??
Cant believe it.
Jeroen

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 2, 2017 01:14

Really hope the dates for gigs will show up soon, cause i have to apply for holidys , and talk with my boss.
Jeroen

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 2, 2017 01:20

There's nothing confirmed or denied yet, people really need to stop spreading nonsense rumours, we don't know if they will play again and some people is talking about shows in 2020? eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: May 2, 2017 01:54

Stop making this stupid offtop again! I know that we want Stones to play everywhere and to the end of the world, but now topic is European Tour 2017, so stop dreaming there about shows. Sorry for my nervous reaction, but I am getting tired reading few pages of nothing, if there is only one right rumour in this topic. Peace and love!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 01:58 by zgredzik.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 2, 2017 06:59

IanBillen
mpj200
IanBillen
jlowe
Didn't Keith's CH album take about 3 years from first sessions to actual release?

No Stones album ever took three years to complete .. not even 2 (just to put it in perspective). I think they will finally finish this up at this point before touring is my opinion.

Take everything you know about Stones records done before 2012 and toss it out the blooody window. Times have changed. I wouldn't expect a new record before the tour, unless they start working on it like a full time band right away.

The album will be out this year (most likely in the fall) tour or no tour. Sure .. they would rather have a tour or string of shows planned to coincide with it but after the 'surprising' success of a blues all remakes album a new tour will not be necessary to promote it. It will sell very well on it's own.

The album will come this year tour or no tour.

I think you've got it backwards mate. The tour will happen with or without an album. They tried to delay the tour to give the band a window to work the record, but it doesn't appear to be happening.

If they really wanted the record out this year, they would not tour at all. But touring is necessary. If they stop, they may not be able to get the engine running again.

Thankfully the success of B&L took the pressure off to finish the record this year. They can tour Europe on the momentum of B&L and have some fun playing a few of those songs, then finish the record next year and do another 15 dates or so.

I think the band will continue to play about 15 shows a year as long as they can. Once they stop... count your blessings of the times you got to see them.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 2, 2017 10:20

georgelicks
There's nothing confirmed or denied yet, people really need to stop spreading nonsense rumours, we don't know if they will play again and some people is talking about shows in 2020? eye rolling smiley eye rolling smiley
thumbs up

Date: May 2, 2017 10:52

powerage78

slewan
mtaylor
powerage78
Only questions I care are about Keith playing in 2017...
Or - Ronnie being able to continue his good guitar work compensating for Keith.

they'll do the usual thing: Let Keith play (or @#$%& off) the intro riff, then turn him down in the mix and let Ronnie do the rest…

MonkeyMan2000

They never do something like that. At a concert you hear every note Keith plays loud and clear, wether it's the right one or not. There is nothing to hide.

I've attended a few shows on the recent tours, and I've never experienced that: that they turned Keith down in the mix. On which show(s) did this happen that you attended?

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: May 2, 2017 11:27

2014Slayer
Amsterdam would be great, an easy overnight from LAX.
Hey Slayer, I'll be traveling solo too so maybe if things work out on the tour schedule i'll get a room to split with you if we go to some of the same gigs. I'm flying out of LA too. Just let me know when things get father along Peace Out!'

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 2, 2017 13:02

"I've attended a few shows on the recent tours, and I've never experienced that: that they turned Keith down in the mix."

You're absolutely right,Dandelion. I've never heard Keith being down in the mix.

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: May 2, 2017 13:37

Hey BV, Please close the topic and just allow yourself to make updates. That will keep it relevant and eliminate all the garbage. Thanks!

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: May 2, 2017 13:44

I second that BV.
Make this thread only about real updates that you know are relevant.
I dont want to relive the 100+ pages of the last topic

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 2, 2017 13:53

They turn Keith down in the mix after the intro, that's just a fact. But not that he is inaudible after the intro.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 2, 2017 13:56

TooTough
powerage78

...and they don't publish a poor album like Rock or Bust.

Date: May 2, 2017 13:58

BowieStone
They turn Keith down in the mix after the intro, that's just a fact. But not that he is inaudible after the intro.

They turn him way up for intros and some crucial places in the songs. That doesn't mean that he's turned down in the mix on stage at all, right?

I'm really excited to see if they will change the setlist a bit more around for the european tour. Would really like to hear some of the B&L-stuff thumbs up

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: May 2, 2017 14:06

In 3 days time this has become a great thread on AC/DC, tours in the US, set list discussions and Axl Rose.
Please, people!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1614
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home