Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 28, 2017 12:51

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
just a guess for the two other shows in Germany: Berlin (maybe indoors?) and Düsseldorf again (with or without closed roof?)? All other places won't make sense…

A show in North Germany would make much more sense than Berlin or Düsseldorf/ Cologne. I wouldn't be surprised about Hamburg or Hanover.

Hamburg seems to be rather unlikely – the stadium is just horrible, awful sound

They played there in 2003 and 2007, nevertheless. This is not a good argument. They played Amsterdam Arena 8 times which is horribly as well. They don't play for the good sound, they play for the big money.

Date: April 28, 2017 12:52

Sjouke
slewan
Sept 12th is a Tuesday…
outdoors in September…?
Anyway - any idea when a.) tickets will go on sale, b.) more shows will be announced

Zürich 2003 was early October in the Letzigrund, still beautiful weather that day...

sjouke

Yeah, nice day for October, 26 Celsius degrees. But horrible setlist ;-)

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 28, 2017 13:20

mailexile67
There will be a new studio album too out in September?!

...or in June?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 28, 2017 13:39

Hamburg would be nice. Ready to Rock !!
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-28 13:56 by corriecas.

Date: April 28, 2017 13:59

timbernardis
any idea on when tickets might go on sale?

(I am going for sure to at least two shows by which I will reach 50 shows exactly.)

plexi

My guess is, they will announce the gigs first week of August, and start of sale mid August. Album release first week of September.
Would like to go to London,Dublin,Paris,Muncich,Hamburg, Ziggodome Amsterdam.

Jeroen

Date: April 28, 2017 14:09

slewan
guess we all should start saving money and/or pray for lucky dip tickets

Have been saving my money since Stockholm 2014. Hoping i can catch the Stones 4 or 5 times this year.
jeroen

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 28, 2017 14:10

Touring that late in Europe means:
1) Concerts in southern Europe will probably take place later (October). In early October it's still warm in Mediterranean countries whereas it can be freezing cold in Denmark.
2) They'll presumably play indoor venues, such as O2 Arenas in e.g. London, Berlin (most likely a couple of concerts in the same venue)
3) I'll attend :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-28 14:18 by Meise.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: April 28, 2017 14:35

I heard no england this time

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 28, 2017 14:37

AntoineParis

Strange

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-28 14:46 by 1962.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: April 28, 2017 14:51

AntoineParis

Don't blame them actually. I'm from England and the majority of crowds here are the worst. Very cold and stand-offish, until they're drunk and then they only want the hits. I'm sure Mick can feel that. And that's why they got out of here and broke America (and the rest of the world) God bless them.

Date: April 28, 2017 14:53

AntoineParis

Means US and UK tour in 2018, like 2012/13?

Date: April 28, 2017 14:54

brownsugar86
AntoineParis

Don't blame them actually. I'm from England and the majority of crowds here are the worst. Very cold and stand-offish, until they're drunk and then they only want the hits. I'm sure Mick can feel that. And that's why they got out of here and broke America (and the rest of the world) God bless them.

Hyde Park, Glastonbury crowds were great,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-28 14:56 by 1962.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 28, 2017 14:58

corriecas
timbernardis

(I am going for sure to at least two shows by which I will reach 50 shows exactly.)

plexi

My guess is, they will announce the gigs first week of August, and start of sale mid August. Album release first week of September.

Jeroen

I pretty sure they won't start selling tickets during the holiday season (i.e. August). They do it before, i.e. not later then mid July

Date: April 28, 2017 15:02

Monsoon Ragoon
AntoineParis

Means US and UK tour in 2018, like 2012/13?

Maybe London 2018 will mark the last live gig for the Stones???
God, i pray to see them in London THIS year !!!
Jeroen

Date: April 28, 2017 15:03

slewan
corriecas
timbernardis

plexi

Jeroen

I pretty sure they won't start selling tickets during the holiday season (i.e. August). They do it before, i.e. not later then mid July

Yes we'll have to be ready with (a lot of) money for the middle of May

Date: April 28, 2017 15:07

slewan
corriecas
timbernardis

plexi

Jeroen

Stones Ticketsales never start 3 months in advance. Maybe start of July??
Jeroen

Date: April 28, 2017 15:10

corriecas
slewan
corriecas
timbernardis

plexi

Jeroen

Stones Ticketsales never start 3 months in advance. Maybe start of July??
Jeroen
Yes but rarely start a tour after the long summer holiday.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 28, 2017 15:19

corriecas
Stones Ticketsales never start 3 months in advance.

The South American tour of 2016 was announced on November 5, 2015. First show was February 3, 2016. Three months.

Desert Trip, October 2016. Announced May 3rd. Five months.

The original date for Adelaide Oval (March 22, 2014), was announced on November 20, 2013. The remaining dates for Asia, Australia, NZ were announced early December 2013.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-28 15:23 by erikjjf.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 28, 2017 15:20

The 1998 tour ended September 19 in Istanbul. On that tour they played Hague, Bremen, Berlin etc in September.

During October 2006 they played outdoor in Regina Canada and Chicago USA in freezing cold temperatures. Not ideal but possible.

No problem to start a tour in September as long as you know what you are doing.

Bjornulf

Date: April 28, 2017 15:49

You can easily play stadium e.g. in Germany until early October, except maybe in the North part. The problem is that the possibility of cold weather and rain is much bigger than in July, August. But you can also get 5-6 Celsius degrees in late May, early June.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 28, 2017 16:01

There are some stadiums in Germany with a roof like in Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen etc.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 28, 2017 16:05

corriecas

Stones Ticketsales never start 3 months in advance.

For Berlin 15-Jun-2003 I've bought the Tickets early December 2002 at Eventim, also early December 2005 (at Eventim) for Cologne 23-Jul-2006.

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: April 28, 2017 16:24

Hey guys.

To follow on BV s news and now that this thread is a sticky. i can report from what seems to be going on in Paris.

1. The bid for the U Arena opening shows is there and WILL be confirmed before the end of June.2 shows last week of september/1 st week of october. Still working on the possible dates.

2. 3 shows in Paris is what everyone is talking about here.i can confirm there wont be 3 at the U Arena and no Stade de France.
Where else?i dont see a Bercy possible..

I will report more when possible
Love to you all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-28 16:25 by lickskeith.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 28, 2017 16:29

dbb
Also, for what it's worth, I have a colleague who's a Stones fan that had an encounter with one of the Stones' supporting musicians last week. I'd rather not say who, however. Anyway, the musician told my friend that he's been told to block off time for practice in August and early September with an expectation they go on the road from September to November. The musician said he did not know where or when the band would be going. Obviously this doesn't guarantee anything, but in light of BV's comments, maybe this has added relevance. winking smiley

In no way do I claim to insinuate who that supporting musician was, but, after reading this post, I checked Karl Denson's tour page as he seems to be one of the most active/public members of the touring band. The last date listed on his website, as of this morning, is August 20th. That doesn't confirm anything but it does seem to corroborate what dbb's colleague said...

Just remembered... I need to get my passport renewed.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: April 28, 2017 16:48

lickskeith
Hey guys.

To follow on BV s news and now that this thread is a sticky. i can report from what seems to be going on in Paris.

1. The bid for the U Arena opening shows is there and WILL be confirmed before the end of June.2 shows last week of september/1 st week of october. Still working on the possible dates.

2. 3 shows in Paris is what everyone is talking about here.i can confirm there wont be 3 at the U Arena and no Stade de France.

Love to you all

Maybe the third one won't be in Paris?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-28 16:49 by 1962.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 28, 2017 16:52

lickskeith
Hey guys.

Love to you all

Maybe the third one won't be in Paris?

Club show?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 28, 2017 17:06

Wow, what a nice surprise logging on to IORR today! Looks like the fall tour is happening, can't imagine this will get postponed a 2nd time. I have a good friend in London but am leaning towards Paris or Barcelona (assuming that's still part of the plan)- either way, looking forward to catching the Stones in Europe! God bless 'em.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 28, 2017 17:13

Don't see why they would skip U.K this year, UK is long overdue.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 28, 2017 17:51

Irix

Rumors were Cologne (Lanxess-Arena, 20,000 seats) - [iorr.org] .

Berlin indoors would be Mercedes-Benz-Arena (former O2-World), also 17,000 seats.

Lanxess - YESSSSS! grinning smiley

They missed it last time ...
But what the heck, I'll walk for miles to see them play, hehehe!

Aaaah: great news indeed, finally!

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: April 28, 2017 17:59

bv
The 1998 tour ended September 19 in Istanbul. On that tour they played Hague, Bremen, Berlin etc in September.

During October 2006 they played outdoor in Regina Canada and Chicago USA in freezing cold temperatures. Not ideal but possible.

No problem to start a tour in September as long as you know what you are doing.

Excactly, the last years in Germany it was very warm in September and warm also in October, climate changes as we all know. i have no worries about.
i will be happy to see the Stones again and again....plus in germany they have two stadiums with a roof......maybe it will a stadium and arena Tour .....love it

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home