Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 29, 2017 06:53

Isn't playing outdoor stadiums in Europe in the fall kind of dicey? I've been to Amsterdam in September and it was cold and rainy.

Date: April 29, 2017 09:38

timbernardis

Oh, you are Olaf, how could I be so stupid!!

plexi

smileys with beer

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 29, 2017 10:14

24FPS
Isn't playing outdoor stadiums in Europe in the fall kind of dicey? I've been to Amsterdam in September and it was cold and rainy.

It's always cold and rainy in Amsterdam. Hence the closeable roof on the ArenA ;-) I fear this horrible stadium will be on the list again, because the didn't play the region between Rotterdam and Amsterdam last time around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-29 10:20 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 29, 2017 11:18

Yeah, the Amsterdam arena is not the best location. I saw them there the last time and was fairly close to the front. The baffles they hung up helped down front but but friends who were farther back said the sound was....pretty bloody awful.

How about 10 nights at the Paradiso? smileys with beer

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 29, 2017 12:33

The Hague on 5th Sept 98 had a "bit" of rain ! Northern Europe is always a risk for outdoor shows, whatever the month.

sc uk

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 29, 2017 13:30

Stoneage
Okey, fellow Scandinavians. Odds for one or more gigs in Scandinavia this time around? What do you think? And in that case - which city?

Maybe Copenhagen this time?
They have a brand new indoor venue, Royal Arena, with a capacity of 16,000.
The football stadium Telia Parken (~45,000) has a retractable roof.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: April 29, 2017 14:26

StonedAsia
Yeah, the Amsterdam arena is not the best location. I saw them there the last time and was fairly close to the front. The baffles they hung up helped down front but but friends who were farther back said the sound was....pretty bloody awful.

BTW it's the Johan Cruyff Arena yet spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: April 29, 2017 14:49

Hello Plexi, you are welcome again in Duisburg, Germay. You can stay in my home if you like.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 29, 2017 14:51

Maybe they can "open" the Johan Cruijff arena winking smiley
Please let it be the Ziggo Dome this time.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 29, 2017 15:28

Hope bjornulf will mention the other rumoured gigs soon in this thread .hot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: April 29, 2017 15:52

Ziggo Dome would be great thumbs up
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 29, 2017 15:57

I get kind of concerned, when bv talks about a longstanding 2012-18 plan, that those stories about the 2016 private Kraft show being the last show in the US could be true. Especially if 2017 is Europe and not Britain. That could leave 2018 as just Britain.

No info here, just a little paranoia.

Date: April 29, 2017 16:33

ErwinH
Ziggo Dome would be great thumbs up
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It would be @#$%& great.smileys with beer
Jeroen

Date: April 29, 2017 17:10

StonedAsia

If you are in the FOS area,the sound is allright.
Jeroen

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 29, 2017 18:11

SomeTorontoGirl
roller99
SomeTorontoGirl
Nate
So where will we all be flying to next year then?Nate smileys with beer

With any luck, nowhere. They're overdue in Toronto! C'mon back, boys, we miss you!

The Michael Cohl days are over, Toronto is just another city on a US tour now.

Well, Keith was here the last 2 years for premiers of movies at the Film Festival. Maybe some sentiment remains. And (checking map) we're not part of the US. We have a flag, and a song, and even a little guy in a hut deciding who gets to come in. He's cool with Keith, BTW.

You're either not an observant person, or you have a short memory, as I believe we've discussed this. So, just to school you, having your beloved Toronto as a stop on a US tour doesn't mean I think that a Toronto is in the US, but last time I checked The Stones have never done a tour of Canada. Did I miss the "Poutine" tour? Why do people up there always jump to this perceived lack of knowledge about Canada? I've said this before, to you, but I'll repeat it for your benefit; I probably know more about Canada and Toronto than you think, because I was born there and lived 30 years there. Y'know all those concerts at the EX or CNE? I was there. You can go back to your map. Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-29 20:26 by roller99.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 29, 2017 20:19

erikjjf
Stoneage
Okey, fellow Scandinavians. Odds for one or more gigs in Scandinavia this time around? What do you think? And in that case - which city?

This is exactly what I've been thinking since I first heard the rumors of a European tour.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 29, 2017 20:22

hope they do warsaw in either 23rd or 24rth october, i will be there then.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: April 29, 2017 20:28

@BV The link on the european tour page leads to the Berlin Olympiastadium, not the one in Munich

Date: April 29, 2017 20:51

Snooker fan Ronnie live on Eurosport right now, lets see if he says something about the tour

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 29, 2017 21:04

JumpingKentFlash
erikjjf
Stoneage

This is exactly what I've been thinking since I first heard the rumors of a European tour.

No Copenhagen in case they do Hamburg I think.

Date: April 29, 2017 21:14

firebird
Snooker fan Ronnie live on Eurosport right now, lets see if he says something about the tour

Interview finished, nothing about the tour

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 29, 2017 21:29

firebird

Good because I had heard that Ronnie may be at the Dylan show in London tonight
I don't know where this snooker show was being filmed so maybe he still attends tonight's show but if not then maybe see you tomorrow night Ronnie.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 29, 2017 22:41

roller99
You're either not an observant person, or you have a short memory, as I believe we've discussed this. So, just to school you, having your beloved Toronto as a stop on a US tour doesn't mean I think that a Toronto is in the US, but last time I checked The Stones have never done a tour of Canada. Did I miss the "Poutine" tour? Why do people up there always jump to this perceived lack of knowledge about Canada? I've said this before, to you, but I'll repeat it for your benefit; I probably know more about Canada and Toronto than you think, because I was born there and lived 30 years there. Y'know all those concerts at the EX or CNE? I was there. You can go back to your map. Cheers

Relax, roller, just having some fun. I've been schooled AND put in my place. We'll keep a seat warm for ya if the boys come back, and leave a good word with the guy in the hut. His name is Gord, of course.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 29, 2017 23:23

Erhard51
Hello Plexi, you are welcome again in Duisburg, Germay. You can stay in my home if you like.

Thanks for your kind offer, Erhard. Has your Stones collection grown even more since the Trefffest in 2008?

plexi

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 29, 2017 23:59

Hi all, I hope they will do a few us dates this summer or do some next year when a new lp is out.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: April 30, 2017 00:31

Has no one else noted that the link on the 2017 tour page takes you to olymiastadion BERLIN !! not Munich. BV please confirm if the tour is due to start in Munich or Berlin, please,

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: April 30, 2017 02:49

"Has no one else noted..."

- yes, "firebird", several posts above yours.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 30, 2017 04:15

mailexile67
On Italian newspapers there are some speculations about a possible Stones gig on 22-23 of September in Mestre or Milan, do you have some info about it?!

Doin' some research shows promoters for Lucca's Summer Festival talking up a big finale on the Campo Balilla on 23rd September, and the rumors are McCartney or The Stones... But checking Macca's schedule shows he just added gigs in the US in Sept/Oct, including Syracuse, NY on 9-23. They're claiming the final approvals will come soon, enabling negotiations to proceed with the big act...

Could be our Rolling Stones, time will tell!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-30 04:18 by TKinOH.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: April 30, 2017 06:21

Ya can't bet on any tour ... until there are 'several' bookings and a announcement is imminent ... and upcoming. The Stones are known to change their plans ..

I would say if and or when they announce their next set of shows the new album will be complete or need very little to cap.

Can't see them touring or doing any string of shows at this point (anywhere) without finally getting this album completed. Been too long and an ongoing thing to break away from it yet again to put off. If...<< IF they announce a tour .. or string of shows at this point (anywhere) the album will be mostly set to go IMO.

Ian

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 30, 2017 07:10

IanBillen
Ya can't bet on any tour ... until there are 'several' bookings and a announcement is imminent ... and upcoming. The Stones are known to change their plans ..

I would say if and or when they announce their next set of shows the new album will be complete or need very little to cap.

Can't see them touring or doing any string of shows at this point (anywhere) without finally getting this album completed. Been too long and an ongoing thing to break away from it yet again to put off. If...<< IF they announce a tour .. or string of shows at this point (anywhere) the album will be mostly set to go IMO.

Ian

They've toured plenty without a new album to support. Since ABB, they've toured in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.

plexi

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 3007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home