Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 82
Re: The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017
Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:16

henrik87
Teaser about German shows during 14 on fire on Facebook.

I guess they are building up the announcement for the three German shows.

Here:

[mobile.twitter.com]

- Robin smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:17

henrik87

They're teasing us since Wednesday with videos from Europe 2013/2014:

May 3 - Start me Up from Sweet Summer Sun

May 4 - Streets of Love (from Rome 2014)

May 5 - Paris rehearsals

May 6 - Berlin/Düsseldorf

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:20

I'm pretty sure there's something afoot. Their Facebook page has made a few references to their last visit to Europe - the German shows + rehearsals in Paris (albeit in the February). I noticed Dutch Jan being spoken to in the clip at the Düsseldorf show.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:30

henrik87

Maybe not only for Germany, but for a Tour in general - the new Teaser is again about Touring.

It started on Wednesday, 3rd May with #StartMeUpWednesday. Rumors predicted an event in 2 weeks - which would be 17/5/17 then (17-May-2017).

It would fit to the LICKS-Tour 15 years ago: announcement was on Tuesday, 7-May-2002 (in NYC with the yellow RS-Blimp) and official Tour start was then on 3-Sept-2002 in Boston (FleetCenter).

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:51

do you think, that they will really play 3 dates in one country, if you are saying that they will play small amount of countries? what, 3 dates in Germany, 2 in France. it is half of dates..? what European countries are you counting right now, I am asking not about your dreams, but places where they surely will perform in 2017. I think that - some Italy gig, Germany, France, UK, maybe Spain, Poland, Austria, Hungary (or Romania), Netherlands, Sweden.. what do you think? it would be 11-13 dates total amount. bv, am I right?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:56

It's building...
May have to make my first(and likely only) European Rolling Stones trip for at least a few dates..

Whoo Whoo..

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: May 6, 2017 19:00

Cristiano Radtke
henrik87

May 5 - Paris rehearsals

Cristiano!! Too funny. I was just coming here to post the Paris rehearsals from their Twitter page.(I don't "do" Facebook.)

Great minds think alike?

- Robinsmoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-06 19:02 by RedRedRobin.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 6, 2017 23:09

Always Jan Eggens in a video

[twitter.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 6, 2017 23:37

RedRedRobin
Cristiano Radtke
henrik87

May 5 - Paris rehearsals

Cristiano!! Too funny. I was just coming here to post the Paris rehearsals from their Twitter page.(I don't "do" Facebook.)

Great minds think alike?

- Robinsmoking smiley

Why not a free concert in front of Brandenburger Tor facing Tiergarten.... that would great. Berlin is used to organize the same kind of events every year, such as New Years Eve

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 6, 2017 23:58

... or on the Axel Springer Hochhaus

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 7, 2017 02:44

RedRedRobin
henrik87

Here:

[mobile.twitter.com]

- Robin smoking smiley

We came to Dusseldorf and (some of us) Berlin Waldbühne all the way from The Netherlands in 2014. Fantastic it was!

This time 2017 let the Germans come to Amsterdam Ziggo Dome (Three Dutch Shows).
Great indoor venue for the autumn time of year holding 30.000 and only 20 km from my hometown.
Waldbühne will be buried in autumn leaves in september...............

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 7, 2017 03:09

Hopefully the sweet summer sun Start Me Up tweet was a hint about London!

Date: May 7, 2017 09:42

RipThisBone
RedRedRobin
henrik87

Here:

[mobile.twitter.com]

- Robin smoking smiley

We came to Dusseldorf and (some of us) Berlin Waldbühne all the way from The Netherlands in 2014. Fantastic it was!

This time 2017 let the Germans come to Amsterdam Ziggo Dome (Three Dutch Shows).
Great indoor venue for the autumn time of year holding 30.000 and only 20 km from my hometown.

I think it is time for some other cities, hopefully not Berlin again and again. They already played there 14 times. There are relative big towns in Germany where they never played or once or more than 40 years ago. In the East part (500 x 300 km) they played only in Berlin and Leipzig.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 10:16 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 7, 2017 10:16

RipThisBone
RedRedRobin
henrik87

Here:

[mobile.twitter.com]

- Robin smoking smiley

Dont think 3 times Ziggodome will happen...
Would be great if they play there one time. The acoustics are great.
Jeroen

Date: May 7, 2017 10:17

I don't even think 1x Ziggo Dome will happen.

Date: May 7, 2017 10:21

Monsoon Ragoon
I don't even think 1x Ziggo Dome will happen.

Anything but the Amsterdam Arena would be nice.
jeroen

Date: May 7, 2017 12:11

Watched the tweets about the last tour and it gives me goosebumps,realizing i might see them a few more times this year.jeroen

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 7, 2017 12:30

RipThisBone
...Amsterdam Ziggo Dome (Three Dutch Shows).
Great indoor venue for the autumn time of year holding 30.000...

Up to 17,000 according to their own website.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 7, 2017 13:05

Monsoon Ragoon
I think it is time for some other cities, hopefully not Berlin again and again. They already played there 14 times. There are relative big towns in Germany where they never played or once or more than 40 years ago. In the East part (500 x 300 km) they played only in Berlin and Leipzig.

keep in mind that Berlin is by far the biggest city in Germany (more inhabitants than Hamburg and Munich combined). And Berlin is very easy to reach by car, train and plane.
btw the next biggest East German city after Leipzig and Dresden is Chemnitz (little less than 250.000 inhabitants) which is quite a remote place.

Date: May 7, 2017 13:12

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

keep in mind that Berlin is by far the biggest city in Germany (more inhabitants than Hamburg and Munich combined). And Berlin is very easy to reach by car, train and plane.
btw the next biggest East German city after Leipzig and Dresden is Chemnitz (little less than 250.000 inhabitants) which is quite a remote place.

Dresden would be enough for me ;-) Saxony alone has more inhabitants than Berlin and most of them are not more than 100 km away. Dresden is also easily reachable for people in north of Czech Republic (if they don't play Prague) and parts of Poland.
Plus: the Stones in Dresden would make Thousands of people crazy. It is the only important town in Germany which they did not visit so far. Nobody would expect this anymore. Nobody cares about the Stones in Berlin, Munich or even Prague.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 13:16 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: May 7, 2017 13:28

Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

Dresden would be enough for me ;-) Saxony alone has more inhabitants than Berlin and most of them are not more than 100 km away. Dresden is also easily reachable for people in north of Czech Republic (if they don't play Prague) and parts of Poland.
Plus: the Stones in Dresden would make Thousands of people crazy. It is the only important town in Germany which they did not visit so far. Nobody would expect this anymore. Nobody cares about the Stones in Berlin, Munich or even Prague.

what about Dortmund?
and – by the way – don't forget that Dresden hasn't got a very good reputation…
finally: keep in mind that (besides London, New York, LA and maybe Paris) even the Stones are not able to fill a stadium without attracting people who do not live in these cities or in their suburbs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 13:32 by slewan.

Date: May 7, 2017 13:32

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

what about Dortmund?
and – by the way – don't forget that Dresden hasn't got a very good reputation…

I don't think that Pegida has something to do with filling a venue in Dresden. They didn't play Dresden when the reputation was good. On the other hand: Do Sheffield, Detroit or Dortmund have a good reputation? By the way, they played in Dortmund 1967, 1976. But it's been a while. Yes, a show in Dortmund or Essen would make more sense than Cologne/Dusseldorf or Hanover. But I think the stadiums were never used for concerts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 13:36 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: May 7, 2017 13:41

Monsoon Ragoon

I don't think that Pegida has something to do with filling a venue in Dresden. They didn't play Dresden when the reputation was good. On the other hand: Do Sheffield, Detroit or Dortmund have a good reputation?
maybe not, but - as mentioned before – to fill a stadium you need to attact people who live elsewhere and therefore good connections (trains, motorways, airports) are as important as those people willing to visit a town not only for a show but as a city trip. That's why the reputation or the image of a city has some influence. Lots of people think Berlin is cool, while a lot of people associate Dresden with rather unpleasant things (to say the least). On the other hand Hannover is associated with boredom – but Hannover got Stones shows because it's so easy to reach from every directing and has good infrasctructure, i.e. a modern stadium).

Cologne or Düsseldorf or Essen or Dortmund – there's no real difference. All of these cities are connected by the very same local train network and the disctance between them less then an hour traveling by train

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 13:43 by slewan.

Date: May 7, 2017 14:12

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

I don't think that Pegida has something to do with filling a venue in Dresden. They didn't play Dresden when the reputation was good. On the other hand: Do Sheffield, Detroit or Dortmund have a good reputation?
maybe not, but - as mentioned before – to fill a stadium you need to attact people who live elsewhere and therefore good connections (trains, motorways, airports) are as important as those people willing to visit a town not only for a show but as a city trip. That's why the reputation or the image of a city has some influence. Lots of people think Berlin is cool, while a lot of people associate Dresden with rather unpleasant things (to say the least). On the other hand Hannover is associated with boredom – but Hannover got Stones shows because it's so easy to reach from every directing and has good infrasctructure, i.e. a modern stadium).

Cologne or Düsseldorf or Essen or Dortmund – there's no real difference. All of these cities are connected by the very same local train network and the disctance between them less then an hour traveling by train

It's no problem to reach Dresden from Berlin, Halle, Prague or Wroclaw by train. Anyway, I think that not more than 20-30 % of the people who attend a show live outside the conglomeration area. I don't think that the "image" of a town has much influence on concert bookings. The reputation of Dresden is not comparable to 2015 anymore too. Or: will they avoid Oslo, Paris or Brussels because of terrorist attacks and race riots? Probably not. The Rolling Stones are not Mother Teresa, they want to make as much money as possible.
More important are economical (and demand) aspects and the existence of daring promotors. The latter was a problem in Dresden, but that has changed. We had big shows by AC/DC in 2011/15, Robbie Williams in 2006 and one shows upcoming plus some more. Still not comparable to Leipzig but more than in Chemnitz or Dortmund I believe.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 14:41 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: May 7, 2017 14:27

[www.merkur.de]

I just booked four seasons in munich, just in case,

Date: May 7, 2017 14:53

still, I don't get a reason why they should play in one country few times, and not play in others just once. only place which is understood for me is London - its their "mother ground". Moonsoon Ragoon - Dresden would be good.

Date: May 7, 2017 14:59

zgredzik
still, I don't get a reason why they should play in one country few times, and not play in others just once. only place which is understood for me is London - its their "mother ground". Moonsoon Ragoon - Dresden would be good.

The problem is that they can get more money per gig in Germany, Scandinavia or Switzerland than in Poland or Czech Republic, let alone Romania etc. And they go where the money is. I personally would have a problem with a Prague show (because that means no Dresden ;-), but not with Warsaw. What has become of the Warsaw rumour from a few months back?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-07 15:00 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: May 7, 2017 16:32

right, they're not Mother Therea. Therefore the import factors are: money, infrastructure, image of the city, enough people living in the area AND willing (and being able) to spend a lot of money.
And no other Rolling Stones shows close by (and no other big concerts around the same time at the same place).
If it's only 3 shows in Germany (and given the fact thht the want to maximize income) and one these shows is Munich, the other two will be neither Stuttgart nor Nuremberg nor…, but Berlin and Ruhrgebiet. That means neither Hannover nor Leipzig nor Hamburg nor Dresden nor… etc… - sorry

Date: May 7, 2017 16:45

Monsoon Ragoon
What has become of the Warsaw rumour from a few months back?

I don't know what, some source from National Stadium I think, but I hope sometime bv will answer my question about gig in Poland. It will be more reliable than this old rumour.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: May 7, 2017 16:58

Munich, Hamburg & Cologne. My bet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 82

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home