Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...127128129130131132133134135136137...LastNext
Current Page: 132 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 14, 2018 13:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 13:55 by spunky.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 14, 2018 14:23

Stones know how to tease us after 13 years without any new music.All the music and dvd coming out of the valults.Hahaha ITS ONLY ROCK-RÒLL, BUT WE LIKE IT

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:10

Ross
maumau
There's this "Stay tuned The Rolling Stones are cooking something up" video on fb..

[www.facebook.com]

Yeah, maybe we'll soon get the new Rolling Stones Studio Pancake ... grinning smiley It'd also be round (more or less), could be consumed directly without an invervening CD player or the like and might bridge the time until the album's done spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:35

doitywoik
Ross
maumau
There's this "Stay tuned The Rolling Stones are cooking something up" video on fb..

[www.facebook.com]

Yeah, maybe we'll soon get the new Rolling Stones Studio Pancake ... grinning smiley It'd also be round (more or less), could be consumed directly without an invervening CD player or the like and might bridge the time until the album's done spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

A Bigger Pancake.

Emotional Pancake.

Pancake Soup.

Sticky Pancakes.

Beggars Pancake.

Pancakes to Babylon.

Between the Pancakes

Pancakes on Main Street.

Their Satanic Pancakes Request.

Get Yer Pancakes Out!

Pancakes 1964–1971

More Pancakes (Big Cakes & Small Cakes).

No Cake Unturned

Singles Collection: The Pancake Years

winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:37

Hairball
doitywoik
Ross
maumau

[www.facebook.com]

A Bigger Pancake.

Emotional Pancake.

Pancake Soup.

Sticky Pancakes.

Beggars Pancake.

Pancakes to Babylon.

Between the Pancakes

Pancakes on Main Street.

Get Yer Pancakes Out!

Pancakes 1964–1971

No Cake Unturned

winking smiley

I can't get no pancake action

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 14, 2018 21:18

Hairball
doitywoik
Ross
maumau

[www.facebook.com]

A Bigger Pancake.

Emotional Pancake.

Pancake Soup.

Sticky Pancakes.

Beggars Pancake.

Pancakes to Babylon.

Between the Pancakes

Pancakes on Main Street.

Get Yer Pancakes Out!

Pancakes 1964–1971

No Cake Unturned

winking smiley

The "Waffle House" album nearly broke the band up. Although I liked the song battered....thumbs up

Date: February 14, 2018 23:05

Clearly, the brickwall theme is through: Another Brick In The Wall is already occupied. The Pancake theme opens up a whole new world of options. Also, we may firmly establish the basic ingredients of the new Stones product: eggs, flour, a dash of salt/sugar (Brown Sugar if it's organic), water/milk -- well, if Keith's involved, rather a shot of Jack (how much of a shot of Jack depending on his degree of involvement) ....

So, maybe
- Another Pan In The Cake (or the other way round)
- It's Only Cake But We Bite It
- as mentioned, Brown Sugar fits in naturally without a change (as might Sticky Fingers, if maple syrup is used)
- Beggar's Banquet (could also be reused, if nothing else is served)
- Flours

hey, that's fun! grinning smiley

Date: February 15, 2018 00:19

A few other rumoured song titles:

Gimme Pancake
Anybody Seen My Pancake
The Pancake and the Fly
Sympathy For the Pancake
Lets Eat Pancakes Together

And there might be a cover of Pancake and Reefer.

smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 03:59

jp.M
....they don't need a new album in urgency...Blue and lonesome is only one year and a half old and still selling well....!

Yeah, coz they are still teenagers.

Like me, they have WAY less in front of them than behind in regards to TIME, so, yes, there IS urgency for new music.

Rod

Date: February 15, 2018 04:01

When it's released - if it's ever released - it will sell like hot cakes!

Date: February 15, 2018 04:54

“The shepherd’s pie is in the building!” smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: February 15, 2018 05:33

Stones know how to tease us after 13 years without any new music.All the music and dvd coming out of the valults.Hahaha ITS ONLY ROCK-RÒLL, BUT WE LIKE IT

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 15, 2018 05:55

kish_stoned

The news is almost certainly the UK tour. Doubt the news will be anything album related.

Just Cant see the album being released this spring .. Too soon ... and basically no chance of that I'd say .. I mean .. the thing isnt finished and weve heard nothing (and Spring is right around the corner .. isn't gonna happen). Album wont come until late summer at the earliest IMO .. but much more than likely next fall.

Rolling Stones schedule for 2018:

1rst - Finish recording the album and get that part for the better part under wraps-
2cd: UK Tour May / June (now almost 'certain' to happen in this time frame)
3rd: Mix and release album - probably to be released fall / late fall 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 05:57 by IanBillen.

Date: February 15, 2018 07:09

IanBillen

1rst - Finish recording the album and get that part for the better part under wraps-

They should hire you as their manager Ian - you have it under better control than they do!

Not sure they even care anymore about the new album - big tour coming up and Mick is trading blues licks with Carl Falk!

Here's what I'm thinking:

- Another Mick single possibly before the upcoming tour.
- Keith will continue to guest on other musicians albums with a slim possibility of releasing something on his own.
- Possible work on album when tour is over following a two month break to unwind and have some family time.
- There's word they might want to return to the States some time after the UK tour which would cause another delay.
- Chance of work on new album in Sept.,Oct., Nov., but then the Christmas Holidays w/more family time.
- But...if they return to the States following a short break after the UK tour, the work in Sept.,Oct., Nov. would be voided.

Which brings us to 2019 - with their calendars completely free (except extended family time) they will hopefully put their shoulders to the wheel and get it done for a Summer '19 release.

Date: February 15, 2018 07:51

Hairball
IanBillen

They should hire you as their manager Ian - you have it under better control than they do!

Not sure they even care anymore about the new album - big tour coming up and Mick is trading blues licks with Carl Falk!

Here's what I'm thinking:

- Another Mick single possibly before the upcoming tour.
- Keith will continue to guest on other musicians albums with a slim possibility of releasing something on his own.
- Possible work on album when tour is over following a two month break to unwind and have some family time.
- There's word they might want to return to the States some time after the UK tour which would cause another delay.
- Chance of work on new album in Sept.,Oct., Nov., but then the Christmas Holidays w/more family time.
- But...if they return to the States following a short break after the UK tour, the work in Sept.,Oct., Nov. would be voided.

Which brings us to 2019 - with their calendars completely free (except extended family time) they will hopefully put their shoulders to the wheel and get it done for a Summer '19 release.

If Mick is working on solo stuff ... they / (he) needs to get his head checked. >>NOBODY CARES<< .. Nor will they (not right now anyway... maybe down the road ...but nobody is going to care about any new music from him UNLESS its a Rolling Stones album ... that I can tell you fo-sho).

I see the family time thing coming into play again .. Sure.. that's understandable ..especially after a big outing.

However .... I'll ask how come nobody is screaming about their poor lack of family time now that a tour is planned? How will those poor time deprived Rolling Stones ever manage this tour...? ... Or better yet ... Why are they even doing it in the first place..? I mean .. We all know they and their families do not get much time together ...right?

This whole family time is like such an excuse ...Gimme a break ...because they have it ... have LOADS of it (probably more than many or most of us).. and there is the pure fact that they do everything else under the sun ...besides record an album. This tour is yet another thing to add to that long long list ... lol

I was never meaning you .. but like two or three other people here acted like I was a monster (or at the very least inconsiderate) simply because I had to say the 'family time' excuse thing for them not recording an album in the last three years (or the last 13... take your pick) ... was ... laughable (literally).

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 07:58 by IanBillen.

Date: February 15, 2018 08:33

To quote Winston Churchill:

There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues,
the most dominating virtues of humans, are created, strengthened and maintained.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 15, 2018 09:18

I think the pancake post refers to the live No Filter in Paris release

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: February 15, 2018 10:14

Adams

I hope so. I will be very pleased to have an official CD or DVD from these shows. Great shows indeed.

I attended to the three shows ; I was filmed (close up) by a camera man during HTW during the third show - with my beautiful tongue and lips yellow tee-shirt (he was recording for a DVD ; but he told me before the beginning of the show that the decision to release a DVD was not taken yet).

I keep my fingers crossed.

Date: February 15, 2018 10:14

Hairball
To quote Winston Churchill:

There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues,
the most dominating virtues of humans, are created, strengthened and maintained.

and I truly agree. Their (anyone's) family be be priority numero-uno .. whether it means giving something up or cutting back. Family and health come first ..

At their age .. (or any) they should be spending plenty of time with their familys .. and guess what - they do. They just spent four months with em .. more over. Now they are planning a tour. Whats wrong with forgetting the tour and simply doing an album already?

Nothing.. just they have put it off and placed it on the back burner too much IMO.

They get <plenty> of family time .. Weeks and months straight ... At their homes...on vaca together ...and even while on tour the family comes along for certain shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 10:17 by IanBillen.

Date: February 15, 2018 10:42

Adams

Which release?

Date: February 15, 2018 17:56

Hairball
IanBillen

+1

Well put, Hairball! smileys with beer

Date: February 15, 2018 19:53

DandelionPowderman
Adams

Which release?

the one that's gonna happen

Date: February 15, 2018 20:16

Adams

That would be great as Paris 2 was one of the best shows of the tour from my humble perspective; watching live via periscope and a few subsequent youtube videos.

It would probably put the new pancake (i.e. new album) on the backburner once again, but would be a great gift for the fans.
But the risk of doing so is that any work that has already been done on new pancake might be forgotten even longer with the possibility of it becoming stale and inedible/unusable.
Then again, they've used crumbs, morsels, tidbits, and leftovers from the past to make something fresh and very tasty ala Tattoo You!

Date: February 15, 2018 21:20

slewan
DandelionPowderman
Adams

Which release?

the one that's gonna happen

Source? Link?

Date: February 15, 2018 21:42

Hairball
Adams

That would be great as Paris 2 was one of the best shows of the tour from my humble perspective; watching live via periscope and a few subsequent youtube videos.

one of the best shows? Except for Keith's (more or less) absence from Angie through Miss You… (he came back during Rambler though)
(I've been to that show; Paris 3 was much better)

Date: February 15, 2018 21:47

How could Keith be absent on Angie?

Date: February 15, 2018 21:52

DandelionPowderman

don't ask me, ask him…
Well, he played some acoustic guitar at the begining but soon Chuck took over and most of the rest of the song is heavily keyboard based.Keith can hardly be heard during most of the song.
I used to call that show a 'Chuck Levell night'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 21:55 by slewan.

Date: February 15, 2018 21:59

slewan
Hairball
Adams

one of the best shows? Except for Keith's (more or less) absence from Angie through Miss You… (he came back during Rambler though)
(I've been to that show; Paris 3 was much better)

As I said, "from my humble perspective watching via periscope", not to mention the many positive reviews and comments that were flowing in from others watching online and those in attendance, it was easily one of the best.
I didn't say it was THE best, but it sure was better than some of the earlier shows I saw via periscope and based some of the reviews I read. Not about to start nitpicking over which shows were "one of the best" though, as I'm sure everyone has their personal favorites - whether they were at the shows or not.

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: February 15, 2018 22:14

slewan
DandelionPowderman

don't ask me, ask him…
Well, he played some acoustic guitar at the begining but soon Chuck took over and most of the rest of the song is heavily keyboard based.Keith can hardly be heard during most of the song.

I have seen the three Paris shows from the pit (Keith side). I think that sometimes he was not enough highlighted by the mix (while he deserved it). I think he was better the first night (more concentred). The second and the third night he seems more acting and less playing than in the first night (but I also like him like that). Three different shows, all were excellent, it is hard to find the better.

Date: February 15, 2018 22:15

slewan
DandelionPowderman

don't ask me, ask him…

The recording that was posted here didn't sound like that. Maybe you were in a bad spot, sound-wise?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...127128129130131132133134135136137...LastNext
Current Page: 132 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home