Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 20, 2018 03:48

They started work on a new album in 2015 and released it.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 20, 2018 03:50

Hairball
But what does this all have to with the supposed new album? Nothing. winking smiley

Well ... not quite. Might spark a new rumour, like: on the new album Santana and Taylor will play a blazing guitar duel, and the harp on the country ballad is not Mick but Bob spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

A tour in Sept. 2029? Wheelchairs On Fire? eye popping smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 20, 2018 04:22

doitywoik
Hairball
But what does this all have to with the supposed new album? Nothing. winking smiley

Well ... not quite. Might spark a new rumour, like: on the new album Santana and Taylor will play a blazing guitar duel, and the harp on the country ballad is not Mick but Bob spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

A tour in Sept. 2029? Wheelchairs On Fire? eye popping smiley

smiling smiley

As for the WOF tour (aka the 67 And Counting Tour) - rumours are already circulating. And just imagine...in dog years that's 469 years!!!
Which makes me think they'll wait three more years to 2032 to make it an even 70 and Counting (or an even 490 in dog years). eye popping smileysmiling smiley
What do dog years have to do with all this? Nothing. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 04:30 by Hairball.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 20, 2018 07:39

georgelicks
The new album is still on slow motion, they didn't work much on it during the last 6 months and is not on Universal's Q2 or Q3 schedule.

A new hits compilation is being discussed right now to cash in during the upcoming tour, all their compilation albums are out of print, even GRRR which was released only 5 years ago, so a new one is an option.

Naturally I know it would be none of your fault and that you have absolutely nothing to do with it but ....'a new compilation' ...'greatest hits' ....>>> F**G Really..... ???

I mean seriously............? You have got to be putting me on here.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 20, 2018 09:08

We don't need another hit compilation, but we need a new album with new material.

angry smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 20, 2018 11:41

wupperstein
We don't need another hit compilation, but we need a new album with new material.

angry smiley

WE may not need it... but the PUBLIC might... especially the NEW audience (20-30y.), of which I've seen NUMEROUS amounts on the NO FILTER tour.
These people (only) buy a 'new', 'fresh' hits compilation, in stead of going out looking for 'old' ones... even if the track listings are identical.

On top of that: give it, marketingwise, a new 'hip' coat, mumble some 'Star Wars' lingo about "Remastered multi-track XXXOMOMO K-576894 super dilbydolby Hi-tech" (...on extra-heavy vinyl !! "),
stuff that makes even many of you - the 'experienced' fans & completists - reach for the wallet, and taadaa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 12:24 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 20, 2018 11:46

Oh , @#$%& No, another compilation album?? Shite. Hope they put a few new songs on it though.
Jeroen

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 20, 2018 13:29

I wonder if that will be the deal. New hits compilation with two of the 'best' new songs from the last year or so's sessions...?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 20, 2018 14:55

georgelicks
The new album is still on slow motion, they didn't work much on it during the last 6 months and is not on Universal's Q2 or Q3 schedule.

A new hits compilation is being discussed right now to cash in during the upcoming tour, all their compilation albums are out of print, even GRRR which was released only 5 years ago, so a new one is an option.

thumbs down sad smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 20, 2018 14:58

georgelicks

Please tell me you're taking the piss.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 20, 2018 15:52

Cover art is a cartoonish phallic-looking giraffe with a really thin lapping Stones tongue hanging out of its mouth. Working title is STILL HARD.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:12

Gazza
georgelicks

Please tell me you're taking the piss.

Lol@ Gazza......I'm thinking it's gotta be a windup,
Well I read somewhere mick n keith spent a week in a room together supposedly working on the new studio album.
If this greatest hits album is true,then I can see mick n keith spending more
Time together.....only this time it be in a cell...lol
I think arrest need to made as we have given them enough time,and taken there age and family time into account.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:25

RoughJusticeOnYa
wupperstein

angry smiley

WE may not need it... but the PUBLIC might... especially the NEW audience (20-30y.), of which I've seen NUMEROUS amounts on the NO FILTER tour.
These people (only) buy a 'new', 'fresh' hits compilation, in stead of going out looking for 'old' ones... even if the track listings are identical.

They really dont. There are plenty of options available to stream music for free or for a minimal fee. Pointless churning out another compilation aimed at a minority of the target audience market that doesnt even buy physical music anymore to promote a tour thats only going to take in about three or four countries (most of them smaller markets) anyway.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:29

Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
wupperstein

angry smiley

They really dont. There are plenty of options available to stream music for free or for a minimal fee. Pointless churning out another compilation aimed at a minority of the target audience market that doesnt even buy physical music anymore to promote a tour thats only going to take in about three or four countries (most of them smaller markets) anyway.

thumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 20, 2018 18:14

Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
wupperstein

angry smiley

Might be... 'though I know plenty of 30- and even 20-somethingers that do cherish music the old-fashioned way. Like with actual album (& CD-) collections.

But anyway: with all previous compilations being currently out of print as somebody here above stated), I see the point in a new compilation rather than an old one.

Mind you: I have no use for nor interest in such a thing (either); and I (too) would prefer actual new material above a compi of any sort.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 20, 2018 18:57

Worst possible news.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 20, 2018 21:06

Gazza
RoughJusticeOnYa
wupperstein

angry smiley

Well, it's "pointless" for us, but you'd be amazed to see how the possibility of another Greatest Hits compilation by any major artist wets the eyes of any record company. With extremely low production costs, it's almost impossible to fail commercially.

And a super deluxe edition will probably be the occasion to make sense of the usable new tracks from the recent recording sessions as a bone to chew on for die-hards like us. Could of course mean that an entirely new recordings album will remain a dream forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 21:07 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 20, 2018 21:50

Licks was 2002
Grrrrr was 2012
Too early to tour behind a greatest hits compilation. It's amazing they toured behind the Licks and Grrrr moniker as it is.........and got away with it easily
eye popping smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 20, 2018 21:54

I have finally lost hope. Will continue to cherish the back catalogue and I realize they owe us nothing. I doubt new material besides a couple of tracks will be released. No money in it

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 20, 2018 23:28

"NON STOP" The greatest hits including 4 brand new tracks eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 21, 2018 01:22

So the thread title should be changed to "Another Stones compilation album in 2018".

I knew it. They just haven't got it in them any longer -- the hunger, that is.

Suggested titles for the new collection of oldies:

Big Hits (War Horse and Green Cash)

Flowers Greenbacks

Hot Rocks Set Lists 1964-1971 2012-2017

Through The Past, Repeatedly (More War Horse and Green Cash)

No Sale Unturned

Still Made in the Shade

Old Gold: The Recent Sets of the Rolling Stones

Re-Rewind

Sit Back: The Sets of the Rolling Stones

GRRReat! (Reprinting the Recently Out of Print Compilation, featuring remastered versions of Doom and Gloom and One More Shot)

Bite Our Tongue (super expanded box set of all of the above)

Date: February 21, 2018 01:31

Then there's the massive box - Sucking in the '60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, and Beyond. winking smiley

Date: February 21, 2018 01:56

georgelicks

OK, so here's our pancake.

Sadly, this doesn't sound unrealistic. Even if all the major compilations are available (at least the are on various European Amazon sites), the fact alone that GoRRRRilla is now 6 years old (or five-point-something) is reason enough to put out a new one, even if the time since then hasn't produced any release that could be sampled for it. No need to even touch the sacred new material: take a "rare" version here (Brown Sugar in Inuktitut...), a live track there, and then 95% of the same as ever and there you go.

Hairball
What do dog years have to do with all this? Nothing. winking smiley

Rock Around The Dog ...? smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 01:57 by doitywoik.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 21, 2018 02:43

Can't say I'm surprised...and this time they won't even have to spend a few days together in a studio for a couple of new tracks, they can just get Don Was and his engineer to slap together some random bits and pieces they've managed to record since 2015, get Mick to phone in a vocal, job done !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 10:56 by gotdablouse.

Date: February 21, 2018 03:42

As Tony the Tiger would say about Stones compilations, they're GRRREAT!

GRRR.......

Date: February 21, 2018 04:23

Yes! grinning smileysmiling bouncing smiley Tony rocks!

Me, I can't get enough of them compilations, too! hot smiley

... and they're so useful, too:

- Got a blank space in your shelf? No big deal: put there a few Stones compilations and the blank is gone!

- Got a dirty spot on your table cloth? Put a Stones compilation on top of it and that'll fix it.

- Don't like the bad weather outside? Help is on the way: cover your windows with Stones compilations and your world will be all ruby Tuesday!

- Got a friend who has no Stones compilation yet? A Stones compilation will do the job!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

OK, let's call this: How a new Stones compilation will make your everyday live better!

Now it's your turn! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 06:09 by doitywoik.

Date: February 21, 2018 04:39

Hahaha - Stones compilations are like duct tape with over 1,000 uses!

Have a lopsided table or chair? Shove a Stones compilation (or two) under one the legs to balance it out.

Car stuck in the snow, mud, or sand? Shove a Stones compilation under each of the back wheels for traction and let her rip (always keep a few in the trunk of your car!)

Out on a picnic at the park or beach and forgot to pack your frisbee? Stones compilation works just fine (preferably vinyl).

smiling smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 21, 2018 06:07

Since they can't seem to get a new album of originals together, maybe they should try a new strategy: writing about trying to start writing. Here are a few suggestions to get the ball rolling:

Paint It Blank
Let's Try a Take Together
You Can't Always Write When You Want
It's Only Hitting Walls
Rhyme Waits For No One
Fool To Try
Sputtered
Worried About Groove
Flops
Ain't No Use In Trying
Waiting On A Pen
Almost Hear You Try
Mixed Demo Shuns

Perfect to stop at 13: an unlucky number for an album that doesn't seem to work.

Date: February 21, 2018 06:11

@Hairball, @stonehearted,

grinning smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 21, 2018 06:31

stonehearted
Since they can't seem to get a new album of originals together, maybe they should try a new strategy: writing about trying to start writing. Here are a few suggestions to get the ball rolling:

Paint It Blank
Let's Try a Take Together
You Can't Always Write When You Want
It's Only Hitting Walls
Rhyme Waits For No One
Fool To Try
Sputtered
Worried About Groove
Flops
Ain't No Use In Trying
Waiting On A Pen
Almost Hear You Try
Mixed Demo Shuns

Perfect to stop at 13: an unlucky number for an album that doesn't seem to work.

(I Can't Get No) Product-Out-Tion

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...129130131132133134135136137138139...LastNext
Current Page: 134 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home