Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...122123124125126127128129130131132...LastNext
Current Page: 127 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 2, 2018 21:55

Maindefender
slewan
DandelionPowderman
slewan
here's brand new interview:
Q: Do you need another Stones album?
World: Not really…

Here's another interview:

Q: Do you need another Stones album?
A hundred million loyal Stones fans round the globe: Hell, yeah!

and how many people (outside the small circle of die-hard fans) listen to one of the post 1990 Stones studio albums more than once a year? No too many, I guess (of course, a lot of people bought them…)

Wait a minute we were reminded that Voodoo Lounge won a grammy.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Well, it looks like that even Keith Richards have forgotten that one...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 3, 2018 00:30

Keith snippet:
video: [twitter.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 3, 2018 00:59

MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Nice, thank you! thumbs up

It was recorded in late November last year, maybe?

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 3, 2018 01:12

MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

ahahahah it takes 3 seconds to this man to get my FULL COMPLETE AND FOCUSED attention eye popping smiley

i have already fallen in love with the tune, that is

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-03 01:14 by maumau.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2018 01:16

Yes looks to be an old clip taped back in November...but why does he post it now?
Maybe he's hinting at some sort of progress being made in the studio?
Whatever the case, Keith + guitar + blues = goodness. thumbs up

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 3, 2018 04:00

Sounds like the Buddy Guy project? In any case, I don’t think the pop of that snare was Charlie’s.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 3, 2018 13:25

MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

even I could do this…

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 3, 2018 14:22

MelBelli
Sounds like the Buddy Guy project?

Yes. Cristiano posted a photo here - same studio, same threads.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 3, 2018 16:08

MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

?? ...it doesn't 'open' - that vid won't pay...!?
Grrrmbl... first bit of new music in ages, and =I'm already missing out on it. smoking smiley

Date: February 3, 2018 16:12

RoughJusticeOnYa
MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Grrrmbl... first bit of new music in ages, and =I'm already missing out on it. smoking smiley

Try here:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 3, 2018 16:14

Cristiano Radtke
RoughJusticeOnYa
MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Try here:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.facebook.com]

...Cool! thx -

Date: February 3, 2018 20:10

thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 3, 2018 21:26

Did it come out yet? Is there any viable news? Huh, huh? Is it their best since A Bigger Bang?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 4, 2018 02:54

24FPS
Did it come out yet? Is there any viable news? Huh, huh? Is it their best since A Bigger Bang?

There's a shitload of talk in this thread but people have next to nothing to tell.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 4, 2018 06:58

Mick said in December of 2016 that they had about half an album done (speaking of new material). That was a little over a year ago.

Not sure if they re-cut some of it or if they scrapped some of it or added on or what (none of us do).

Point is they haven't done much in two or three months .. It is February. Prolly be a great time to hit the studio for two or three weeks. I'm sure they could knock the majority of it out if they simply went ahead with it.

I am not speaking of purposefully getting it done to just get it done .. I'm talking in getting to it / knocking it out with the quality they are seeking.

It's been baking along / simmering long enough at this point .. lets get to cutting the record and knock out at least the major recording part of it. At least work on it some ... I mean you'd think within another couple months this album should be basically in the bag.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 4, 2018 13:20

IanBillen
Mick said in December of 2016 that they had about half an album done (speaking of new material). That was a little over a year ago.

If they had kept England Lost and Gotta Get A Grip they would have had 2/3 or even 3/4. And - when released - they would be praised for that modern sound and strong songs by the critics and all of us.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-04 13:20 by JJHMick.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 5, 2018 21:07

IanBillen

Not sure if they re-cut some of it or if they scrapped some of it or added on or what (none of us do).

Point is they haven't done much in two or three months .. It is February. Prolly be a great time to hit the studio for two or three weeks. I'm sure they could knock the majority of it out if they simply went ahead with it.

I am not speaking of purposefully getting it done to just get it done .. I'm talking in getting to it / knocking it out with the quality they are seeking.

It's been baking along / simmering long enough at this point .. lets get to cutting the record and knock out at least the major recording part of it. At least work on it some ... I mean you'd think within another couple months this album should be basically in the bag.

What did they cut their first album in? Like a half hour, with a break for the bog? So this should be a thousand times better than that.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 5, 2018 21:51

JJHMick
IanBillen

If they had kept England Lost and Gotta Get A Grip they would have had 2/3 or even 3/4. And - when released - they would be praised for that modern sound and strong songs by the critics and all of us.

We know to exclude those two songs, regardless of them being Mick songs or Stones, because that would not be the case, "strong songs".

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 6, 2018 01:22

Cristiano Radtke
RoughJusticeOnYa
MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Try here:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Just listened to the snippet. Does this mean the Stones' next big new hit single will be Miss You?

Date: February 6, 2018 03:25

doitywoik
Cristiano Radtke
RoughJusticeOnYa
MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Try here:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Just listened to the snippet. Does this mean the Stones' next big new hit single will be Miss You?

Most likely a recording for the new Buddy Guy album.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 6, 2018 08:43

JJHMick
IanBillen

Gotta Get a Grip is <ok> at best IMO .. and EL is just lousy. I think leaving them for a Mick solo was the best place for those .. and TBH .. they were not even great MJ songs. Like I said GGAG is just <ok> .. at best Id say.

I am not saying they are totally vomit inducing ... but I am glad they were excluded from the Stones new album.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 6, 2018 09:28

doitywoik
Cristiano Radtke
RoughJusticeOnYa
MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Try here:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Yeah, Keith now recycling an old Jagger/Preston song ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 6, 2018 10:25

24FPS
IanBillen

What did they cut their first album in? Like a half hour, with a break for the bog? So this should be a thousand times better than that.

B&L is perhaps a fairer comparison with their first album ...they didn't have to write it.

B&L too was completed in a couple of days with breaks for the bog and , I suspect, the odd gourmet lunch winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 6, 2018 20:48

So... at this point it's become quite clear:

There will NOT be a new studio LP by the Stones in 2018.

That's just as much of a fact right now as it is a 99% most likely case.

Tick tock - the moss is growing fast.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 6, 2018 22:48

Cristiano Radtke
doitywoik
Cristiano Radtke
RoughJusticeOnYa
MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Try here:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.facebook.com]

How old is Buddy, he puts more albums out then the lazy stones

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 6, 2018 23:25

black n blue
Cristiano Radtke
doitywoik
Cristiano Radtke
RoughJusticeOnYa
MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Try here:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Almost 82 and still touring. Saw him last year in Buffalo. Great show.

Date: February 6, 2018 23:51

mtaylor
black n blue
Cristiano Radtke
doitywoik
Cristiano Radtke
RoughJusticeOnYa
MisterDDDD
Keith snippet:

Try here:

[www.instagram.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Almost 82 and still touring. Saw him last year in Buffalo. Great show.

A friend of mine went to see him in Chicago some weeks ago at Legends (Buddy's club). Buddy mentioned Mick and Keith and the recordings they've recently done, before playing part of a song which will be on his new album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 23:57 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2018 01:12

I met Buddy at his Legends club- he was sitting in the merch stand and signing autographs, but only if you bought something!
So I bought a cool shirt and sue enough he signed it - he even let me take his photo. He didn't play that night as he was just hanging out and taking care of business, but have seen him many times in the past.
One time at the Ventura Theater, he let my wife strum his guitar when he came out into the audience making the rounds while I was in awe just being that close to him. And then he gave me his pick!

But about this supposed new album from the Stones...............eye rolling smiley.............confused smiley...........patience.winking smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 7, 2018 13:38

Producer Don Was says next Rolling Stones album's in "a pretty early stage";

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 7, 2018 13:55

Lien
Producer Don Was says next Rolling Stones album's in "a pretty early stage";

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

after some two years of work… how many of us will still be alive when it will finally be released?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...122123124125126127128129130131132...LastNext
Current Page: 127 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home