Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: March 16, 2017 15:22

This is great and exciting news. The Stones touring (playing shows) behind a new album? It ideally opens up a much brighter and vibrant future for the band and it's fans.

I know it's all gravy at this point but if the band is going to release an album and wants to play gigs to help promote it (i.e. the way it always used to be), I would think it turn out to be more than just a handful of shows in Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-16 15:25 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 16, 2017 15:32

Spud
DandelionPowderman
georgelicks
It looks like the Stones are releasing the new album first and then the live shows...the new album done first, after that its all about live shows from then on.

That's the way it should be, really. Great! thumbs up

And lets hope for a couple of new songs that work realy well live and deserve to be in the set on merit.

Please nothing like You Got Me Rocking, Saint Of Me, Out Of Control or Streets Of Love. That's the only four new songs after 1989 that really worked.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 16, 2017 15:42

I Go Wild, Slipping Away, Doom and Gloom, Flip The Switch etc etc etc worked pretty d**n good live too I'd say...

smileys with beer

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 16, 2017 15:51

MadMax
I Go Wild, Slipping Away, Doom and Gloom, Flip The Switch etc etc etc worked pretty d**n good live too I'd say...

smileys with beer

...ànd Rough Justice; if they had played it more often & regularly.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 16, 2017 15:52

swimtothemoon
Al65
MisterDDDD
stone4ever
I was being sarcastic, i didn't need to attend 2016 shows to notice a decline in musicianship and overall performance from the footage available to me.

Having attended several 2016 shows, I would have to respectfully disagree.
Other than Mick's throat issue, there was no "decline in musicianship" or performance.. Perhaps one did need to attend the shows.
Mister DDDD I totally agree with you I think a lot of people who post about decline of performance only watch videos recorded on mobile phones with terrible sound I've seen videos of shows I've attended with great preformance from the band and the video sound is terrible

Yes I completely agree and am glad others realize this as well. The videos on YouTube, for instance, are far different than the live sound. Often the mix is
not accurate and no where similar to the live performance. This seems to be the
same with the DVD boots - often they are the same recordings found on YouTube.
Three videos are a nice souvenir but not the same sound and performance as the
live show.

Excuse me guys, i can tell when a guitar solo on SFTD is all over the place, i can tell when Ronnie is not putting the effort into a particular song and when Mick is going through the motions. Footage from 2014 - 2015 was far better than 2016 IMHO. I admit the sound and mix can be deceiving through recordings of the shows but there are some people out there that have recorded some good performances prior to 2016. I have already said they finished 2016 strong at the second desert show and Vegas, Keith was very strong on those two occasions.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 16, 2017 16:00

Gaetzi
This is great and exciting news. The Stones touring (playing shows) behind a new album? It ideally opens up a much brighter and vibrant future for the band and it's fans.

I know it's all gravy at this point but if the band is going to release an album and wants to play gigs to help promote it (i.e. the way it always used to be), I would think it turn out to be more than just a handful of shows in Europe.

Yeah, great,great news. Come on would be a great set opener.
Jeroen

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 16, 2017 16:31

"I Go Wild, Slipping Away, Doom and Gloom, Flip The Switch etc etc etc worked pretty d**n good live too I'd say...

...ànd Rough Justice; if they had played it more often & regularly."

And the best one, Oh No Not You Again! What a breeze back in 05-06!!!! Happy Days!!!!!

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-16 16:32 by MadMax.

Date: March 16, 2017 16:57

RoughJusticeOnYa
MadMax

smileys with beer

Wasn't it played at most shows even in 2007?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 17, 2017 10:49

mtaylor
And do not expect musicians in their 70'ies to perform like they were 20-30 years old!!

True. They are getting better and better

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 17, 2017 10:54

Rolling Hansie
mtaylor
And do not expect musicians in their 70'ies to perform like they were 20-30 years old!!

True. They are getting better and better

grinning smiley

Date: March 17, 2017 11:04

Monsoon Ragoon
Spud
DandelionPowderman
georgelicks
It looks like the Stones are releasing the new album first and then the live shows...the new album done first, after that its all about live shows from then on.

And lets hope for a couple of new songs that work realy well live and deserve to be in the set on merit.

Please nothing like You Got Me Rocking, Saint Of Me, Out Of Control or Streets Of Love. That's the only four new songs after 1989 that really worked.

Why don't you want that type of songs if they worked?

I'd say Rough Justice, Back Of My Hand, Flip The Switch, LowDown, This Place Is Empty and The Worst worked extremely well in concert, too. Infamy is great on Light The Fuse.

Date: March 17, 2017 11:09

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Spud
DandelionPowderman
georgelicks

I'd say Rough Justice, Back Of My Hand, Flip The Switch, LowDown, This Place Is Empty and The Worst worked extremely well in concert, too. Infamy is great on Light The Fuse.

Low Down worked well? That's why they dropped it after one appearance ;-) No audience reaction to notice on the CDs at least, but I wasn't there.

Date: March 17, 2017 11:17

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Spud
DandelionPowderman
georgelicks

The problem is not the mentioned songs, the problem is they were played to death. These are no Start Me Up-thing who deserve to be played 400 times. YGMR and OOC and also SA are still being played to death.

Date: March 17, 2017 11:30

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
Spud
DandelionPowderman
georgelicks

Low Down worked well? That's why they dropped it after one appearance ;-) No audience reaction to notice on the CDs at least, but I wasn't there.

Worked well, as in «sounded very good» smiling smiley

Date: March 17, 2017 17:42

My guess is, that at the end of June, there will be some info on the upcoming gigs in Europe. The new single will be released at the same time.
Jeroen

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 17, 2017 20:56

Monsoon Ragoon
RoughJusticeOnYa
MadMax

smileys with beer

Yup, of 30 shows in 2007, it was played at 28 shows, not played in Madrid (not a single ABB song performed that night) and in Brno ("Oh no, not you again" was played instead). Rough justice indeed rocked live!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2017 00:01

The only 'new' tunes they played at Desert Trip I&II and Vegas were.............(drum roll)..............a Beatles tune and a couple of old blues covers.
The newest original tune they played of those shows was Out of Control (DT I) which is 20 years old.
Doom and Gloom has bitten the dust, and chances are slim it will ever be played live again.
Hoping for a new album of originals, with a chance of them playing at least one or two from it whenever they play live next.

Date: March 18, 2017 09:49

Milan
Monsoon Ragoon
RoughJusticeOnYa
MadMax

smileys with beer

Yup, of 30 shows in 2007, it was played at 28 shows, not played in Madrid (not a single ABB song performed that night) and in Brno ("Oh no, not you again" was played instead). Rough justice indeed rocked live!

In fact they played it in 90 % of the shows 2005-2007.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: March 18, 2017 18:01

October 2017 : new indoor venue is opening in Paris / La Defense.
The "U Arena", capacity 40,000 for musical events.
Maybe...

[www.uarena.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-18 18:06 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 18, 2017 21:25

Massimo68

October 2017 : new indoor venue is opening in Paris / La Defense.

See also here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 20, 2017 16:00

Just read this in the latest Rolling Stones magazine under Random Notes:

A week earlier (prior to Oscars) he (Mick Jagger) was with Keith Richards - "It was quite fun", says Richards, "We did a whole week in a little room, slowly putting a new album together."

Yes smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 20, 2017 18:59

Monsoon Ragoon
Milan
Monsoon Ragoon
RoughJusticeOnYa
MadMax

smileys with beer

You're right - it WAS played almost always on the Bigger Bang tour. (I saw them twice at Twickenham Stadium, and a third time in St. Petersburg then... Needless to say, I enjoyed 'Rough Justice' very much. =o))

But the thing is: I don't think they played it at any of the following streaks of gigs. 50 & Counting, 14 on Fire, ZIP Code, Olé, ... That was more or less what I meant.

I think they shelved it way too soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-22 12:14 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Date: March 20, 2017 19:23

RoughJusticeOnYa
Monsoon Ragoon
Milan
Monsoon Ragoon
RoughJusticeOnYa
MadMax

smileys with beer

You're right - it WAS played almost always on the Bigger Bang tour. (I saw them twice at Twickenham Stadium, and a third time in St. Petersburg then... Needless to say, I enjoyed 'Rough Justice' very much. =o))

But the thing is: I don't think they played it at any of the following streaks of gigs. 50 & Counting, 14 on Fire, ... That was more or less what I meant.

I think they shelved it way too soon.

Yes. They didn't play it at all 2012-16. Like most new songs it disappeared after one world tour.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 20, 2017 22:35

Stonesfan2146
I remember a perfect night, with perfect weather and a very special atmosphere on 3rd October 2003 in Switzerland [www.iorr.org]
That was GREAT.
Why not a European fall tour - the weather is changing anyway...
nikki was there smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 20, 2017 22:38

the european tour ended in hong kong btw, not in zurich smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2017 13:20

MononoM

the european tour ended in hong kong btw, not in zurich smiling smiley

Hong Kong isn't Europe .... not yet .... winking smiley

The Hong-Kong-Concerts were originally planned as part of The Far East Tour (March 28-29, 2003) but then postponed (7+9 Nov. 2003) due to the SARS disease: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Date: March 21, 2017 16:03

A good option for a gig in Holland in the fall is Arnhem, Gelredome. Saw Bruce there. Good sound, and not too many people (40.000).

Jeroen

Date: March 21, 2017 16:09

corriecas
A good option for a gig in Holland in the fall is Arnhem, Gelredome. Saw Bruce there. Good sound, and not too many people (40.000).

Jeroen

Maybe Amsterdam or Rotterdam would make more sense because it's not close to Nijmegen. But hopefully not the ArenA.

Date: March 21, 2017 16:22

corriecas

Jeroen

Apart from the Ziggodome, you mean? winking smiley

Date: March 21, 2017 16:25

DandelionPowderman
corriecas

Jeroen

Apart from the Ziggodome, you mean? winking smiley

Yeah Dandelion. The Ziggodome would be the best option. Soundwise. But it holds maybe 19.000 people. I fear the Stones want way more people to attend,unfortunately.
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home