Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: cineplexed2 ()
Date: March 13, 2017 21:23

BV - Is there any chance they would play anywhere else before Fall...or does this mean that Fall (if it happens) will be the only RS shows this year?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 13, 2017 21:30

Well let's hope they deem it prudent to play more than th 02 in the UK. That has to have the worst sound of any indoor arena, well certainly any I've been in. May I suggest Leeds Arena, brand new and good acoustics....oh and only a few miles from my house. The stones have history in leeds.....two classic gigs !

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 13, 2017 22:50

corriecas
Saving up for the O2,London, Ziggodome,Bercy/Paris and Barcelona.
Jeroen

They would probably chose the Amsterdam Arena (or maybe Arnhem, Gelredome) again as it's no problem to sell 50.000 tix there. Everybody knows the sound is horribly there. The CD set of Amsterdam 03 is the worst recording I have of that tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-13 23:11 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 13, 2017 23:38

...Logical !...they take their time after a such successful album..No need to hurry ..exept they're around 74....!
It won't be long before their return... !

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 13, 2017 23:58

Anyone know why the Summer tour is off ? Was it ever on ??

Looks like something is wrong with one of our boys, or could it be another bigger tour promoting the new album, doubt it , time is definitely not on their side.

Personally i think its all over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-13 23:59 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 14, 2017 00:45

stone4ever

Anyone know why the Summer tour is off ?

Dunno, but the reasons could have been:

- production costs too high / revenue too small for only a "handful" of dates
(maybe appropriate venues not available in the desired order, Tour would take too long -> equipment rental costs too expensive)

- family reasons (e.g. new babies)

- more Studio time to work on a new album with own material

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-14 12:45 by Irix.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 14, 2017 01:08

I still think promotors weren't that enthusiastic.
There's a lot of competition this summer (already on sale for a long time), very little time, they charge much, they toured Europe not that long ago.

An indoor fall-tour sounds, commercially, much better. And it suits me better too.

Date: March 14, 2017 03:01

Irix
stone4ever

Anyone know why the Summer tour is off ?

That's three good guesses, and your guess is as good as anyone's . Thanks Irix

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 14, 2017 03:29

Some times things simply get to complicated when you work on a tour with a tight deadline. Like in 2006 they had everything ready for a show in the city of SENDAI JAPAN. I had booked my flight from SAPPORO to SENDAI to see this show, then planning to take the train to TOKYO and eventually SAITAMA. Then they could not find a proper accomodation with security and the facilities needed so Sendai was dropped last minute. I had my Sendai stopover and it is a great memory of cities the Stones "almost" played, which I still visited, just like "Valladolid Spain", and there are more...

If you read the IORR comments in 2006 regarding the shows in Asia or any other place you will see that even back then they announced shows last minute. That is their luxury. As a fan of the Stones you have to be prepared for adjusting your plans on a short notice, if you want to follow them around. Still, most people take the bus or the tube or the car to the show. They don't plan for long travels like the hard core superfans.

Bjornulf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 14, 2017 04:57

I guess we'll see happens in the fall. Enjoy the sumner with your family, Bjornulf.

Cheers everyone!

Date: March 14, 2017 11:27

Well for those who have much money and time off this may be funny, but for those who have to work hard and make plans for the year it's NOT so funny. Getting fooled with "phantom"-tour legs that never happen, last minute cancellations etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-14 11:36 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 14, 2017 11:37

crumbling_mice
Well let's hope they deem it prudent to play more than th 02 in the UK. That has to have the worst sound of any indoor arena, well certainly any I've been in. May I suggest Leeds Arena, brand new and good acoustics....oh and only a few miles from my house. The stones have history in leeds.....two classic gigs !

Totally agree. The O2 is a horrible cavernous venue and only those near the very front get a decent viewing experience. It can also be a nightmare to get away from with long queues forming for the tube service. Wembley Arena would be much better.

Date: March 14, 2017 12:00

Silver Dagger
crumbling_mice

Totally agree. The O2 is a horrible cavernous venue and only those near the very front get a decent viewing experience. It can also be a nightmare to get away from with long queues forming for the tube service. Wembley Arena would be much better.

They should keep the Pilot Inn open 24/7 smoking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 14, 2017 12:20

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
crumbling_mice

They should keep the Pilot Inn open 24/7 smoking smiley

Make damn sure the Pilot...is kept open!

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: March 14, 2017 12:35

Irix

And they need 6 months for completing an album. Between 3 days for the blues albums and years for a new orginal album!!!!!

The reason for me is the first one, money!!!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 14, 2017 12:49

Silver Dagger
It can also be a nightmare to get away from with long queues forming for the tube service. Wembley Arena would be much better.

'A nightmare'. The longest it took from my seat in the o2 to a seat on the tube is 10 minutes.
My nightmares are worse.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 14, 2017 12:49

Monsoon Ragoon
Well for those who have much money and time off this may be funny, but for those who have to work hard and make plans for the year it's NOT so funny. Getting fooled with "phantom"-tour legs that never happen, last minute cancellations etc.

I doubt anyone finds it funny that the shows might get delayed or not happen at all and no one has been fooled with false plans for shows.
Bjornulf does not make a list of rumoured shows unless there is solid information that the band is making some plans to play there are also other people here myself included who know 100% that plans were being made to play some shows but just as with anything in life plans can change and the band owe no one anything so now we wait and see what happens.

Personally I was very late in going to see the stones play live my first show was Hyde Park and I have been fortunate enough to see them several times since in some of the worlds greatest cities my big regret is that I did not start going to see them on earlier tours but that is my fault.

We should all be extremely grateful that they are still working and giving us chances to see them play.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 14, 2017 13:19

Nate
Monsoon Ragoon

I doubt anyone finds it funny that the shows might get delayed or not happen at all and no one has been fooled with false plans for shows.
Bjornulf does not make a list of rumoured shows unless there is solid information that the band is making some plans to play there are also other people here myself included who know 100% that plans were being made to play some shows but just as with anything in life plans can change and the band owe no one anything so now we wait and see what happens.

Personally I was very late in going to see the stones play live my first show was Hyde Park and I have been fortunate enough to see them several times since in some of the worlds greatest cities my big regret is that I did not start going to see them on earlier tours but that is my fault.

We should all be extremely grateful that they are still working and giving us chances to see them play.

Nate thumbs up

I can 100% support what Nate is saying. There was very solid information in Las Vegas about Europe in early summer, and I also heard more early this year. Only in the last week or so has that changed. Disappointing for us all, and there is no conspiracy in the reasons I have heard.

We are lucky that the Band still works hard and plays at an age when most of us expect to be fully retired; and that we have Bjornulf and others helping us with information - which is clearly "rumours until confirmed"

Date: March 14, 2017 14:56

thecitadel
Nate
Monsoon Ragoon

Nate thumbs up

I can 100% support what Nate is saying. There was very solid information in Las Vegas about Europe in early summer, and I also heard more early this year. Only in the last week or so has that changed. Disappointing for us all, and there is no conspiracy in the reasons I have heard.

We are lucky that the Band still works hard and plays at an age when most of us expect to be fully retired; and that we have Bjornulf and others helping us with information - which is clearly "rumours until confirmed"

I never said there's a conspiracy involved. They don't plan against their serious fans, at least not willingly. Nevertheless I don't like the way they're planning their tours. Why do they month-long negotiations only to nix the planned tour 3/4 a year after the rumours started. Some on this board already booked hotel rooms in Paris etc. A similar desaster last fall. You can loose houndreds of Dollars these days for Stones shows that don't happen. Maybe the main problem is that phantom tour dates appear in the press or internet media.

Date: March 14, 2017 15:53

No one seems to get it. The Stones are over as a live band. They can't be expected to go on doing the same old tired shit over and over again, and they probably know it themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if that private gig to a 100 business men turns out to be the last gig they play.

When we talk of tours on here, they can't really be considered tours, like 15 shows max, that's not enough shows with 6 to 10 months in between for the band to get fluent and deliver properly. Not fair to charge 4 to 700 Dollars for a band that's rusty all the time.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 14, 2017 16:02

well they havent exactly been doing nothing musically..

recording, probably taking up a good chunk of their time.

Date: March 14, 2017 16:05

stone4ever
No one seems to get it. The Stones are over as a live band. They can't be expected to go on doing the same old tired shit over and over again, and they probably know it themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if that private gig to a 100 business men turns out to be the last gig they play.

When we talk of tours on here, they can't really be considered tours, like 15 shows max, that's not enough shows with 6 to 10 months in between for the band to get fluent and deliver properly. Not fair to charge 4 to 700 Dollars for a band that's rusty all the time.

Have you been unhappy with the shows you've seen from 2012 and onwards?

Date: March 14, 2017 16:06

stone4ever

What are you doing on this site?

Date: March 14, 2017 16:10

DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

Obviously i get tired of the set lists, but i thought they were gradually getting better from 2012 up until the end of 2015. However 2016 was a downward path as far as live shows went. Just my opinion of course, i can't speak for you or anyone else. I must add that i thought the last desert trip show and the Vegas show were very good considering the long lay off.

Date: March 14, 2017 16:15

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

Obviously i get tired of the set lists, but i thought they were gradually getting better from 2012 up until the end of 2015. However 2016 was a downward path as far as live shows went. Just my opinion of course, i can't speak for you or anyone else. I must add that i thought the last desert trip show and the Vegas show were very good considering the long lay off.

Date: March 14, 2017 16:16

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

You sound like a pretty happy customer to me smiling smiley

And you were lucky getting stuff off Blue And Lonesome (Just Your Fool and Ride 'Em On Down), Mixed Emotions, Sweet Virginia, Get Off Of My Cloud, Live With Me, Little T+A and Slipping Away on your shows thumbs up

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 14, 2017 16:28

duke richardson

Do we by any means know when and how long they've been in the studio? Usually, there were always some people outside waiting and reporting. This time, I only remember some rumors and some mentions in newspaper articles about Mick working on new songs etc.

But nothing like "they're in studio so-and-so since last weekend and they have booked the place until next month..."

OUTCH!! I missed good ol' Christiano's post way over in the new album tread (March 12, 2017 05:00 - about in the middle of page #20). So at least Keith and Don were recording with Keyon Harrold - for the Stones or for Keyon is again left for speculation... :-)

But the music plays on and that's the point!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-14 16:36 by waterrats.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 14, 2017 16:32

Waiting on Ronnie, or someone else from the Stones, to comment on their future plans...
jeroen

Date: March 14, 2017 16:35

waterrats
duke richardson

Do we by any means know when and how long they've been in the studio? Usually, there were always some people outside waiting and reporting. This time, I only remember some rumors and some mentions in newspaper articles about Mick working on new songs etc.

But nothing like "they're in studio so-and-so since last weekend and they have booked the place until next month..."

Perhaps they are getting more secretive on their old age. I'm sure the new album is coming, hopefully Mick and Keith get together on this last one. If its a Jagger solo Stones album its sure to suck.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: March 14, 2017 17:38

I refuse to let the canceled Vegas show be my last Stones show, here's hoping they do pull some shows off this fall!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home