Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 14, 2017 17:40

stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
No one seems to get it. The Stones are over as a live band. They can't be expected to go on doing the same old tired shit over and over again, and they probably know it themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if that private gig to a 100 business men turns out to be the last gig they play.

When we talk of tours on here, they can't really be considered tours, like 15 shows max, that's not enough shows with 6 to 10 months in between for the band to get fluent and deliver properly. Not fair to charge 4 to 700 Dollars for a band that's rusty all the time.

Have you been unhappy with the shows you've seen from 2012 and onwards?

Obviously i get tired of the set lists, but i thought they were gradually getting better from 2012 up until the end of 2015. However 2016 was a downward path as far as live shows went. Just my opinion of course, i can't speak for you or anyone else. I must add that i thought the last desert trip show and the Vegas show were very good considering the long lay off.

Which of the shows in 2016 did you attend?

Nate

Date: March 14, 2017 17:45

Monsoon Ragoon
thecitadel
Nate
Monsoon Ragoon
Well for those who have much money and time off this may be funny, but for those who have to work hard and make plans for the year it's NOT so funny. Getting fooled with "phantom"-tour legs that never happen, last minute cancellations etc.

I doubt anyone finds it funny that the shows might get delayed or not happen at all and no one has been fooled with false plans for shows.
Bjornulf does not make a list of rumoured shows unless there is solid information that the band is making some plans to play there are also other people here myself included who know 100% that plans were being made to play some shows but just as with anything in life plans can change and the band owe no one anything so now we wait and see what happens.

Personally I was very late in going to see the stones play live my first show was Hyde Park and I have been fortunate enough to see them several times since in some of the worlds greatest cities my big regret is that I did not start going to see them on earlier tours but that is my fault.

We should all be extremely grateful that they are still working and giving us chances to see them play.

Nate thumbs up

I can 100% support what Nate is saying. There was very solid information in Las Vegas about Europe in early summer, and I also heard more early this year. Only in the last week or so has that changed. Disappointing for us all, and there is no conspiracy in the reasons I have heard.

We are lucky that the Band still works hard and plays at an age when most of us expect to be fully retired; and that we have Bjornulf and others helping us with information - which is clearly "rumours until confirmed"

I never said there's a conspiracy involved. They don't plan against their serious fans, at least not willingly. Nevertheless I don't like the way they're planning their tours. Why do they month-long negotiations only to nix the planned tour 3/4 a year after the rumours started. Some on this board already booked hotel rooms in Paris etc. A similar desaster last fall. You can loose houndreds of Dollars these days for Stones shows that don't happen. Maybe the main problem is that phantom tour dates appear in the press or internet media.

If people book non refundable travel and accommodation before shows are officially announced and they lose money because shows don't go ahead then they have no one to blame other than themselves.

Nate

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 14, 2017 17:47

I don't like that 13-14 songs are always the same, but musically it's great. And we should not forget that until 1990 most shows at least late in a tour had exactly the SAME setlist (or one position changed).

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 14, 2017 17:57

Nate
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever
No one seems to get it. The Stones are over as a live band. They can't be expected to go on doing the same old tired shit over and over again, and they probably know it themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if that private gig to a 100 business men turns out to be the last gig they play.

When we talk of tours on here, they can't really be considered tours, like 15 shows max, that's not enough shows with 6 to 10 months in between for the band to get fluent and deliver properly. Not fair to charge 4 to 700 Dollars for a band that's rusty all the time.

Obviously i get tired of the set lists, but i thought they were gradually getting better from 2012 up until the end of 2015. However 2016 was a downward path as far as live shows went. Just my opinion of course, i can't speak for you or anyone else. I must add that i thought the last desert trip show and the Vegas show were very good considering the long lay off.

Nate
y

Oh I see, only people who attend every show can comment, youtube, bootlegs and DVD'S don't count. I attended 4 shows over that period of time.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 14, 2017 18:31

Monsoon Ragoon
thecitadel
Nate
Monsoon Ragoon
Well for those who have much money and time off this may be funny, but for those who have to work hard and make plans for the year it's NOT so funny. Getting fooled with "phantom"-tour legs that never happen, last minute cancellations etc.

I doubt anyone finds it funny that the shows might get delayed or not happen at all and no one has been fooled with false plans for shows.
Bjornulf does not make a list of rumoured shows unless there is solid information that the band is making some plans to play there are also other people here myself included who know 100% that plans were being made to play some shows but just as with anything in life plans can change and the band owe no one anything so now we wait and see what happens.

Personally I was very late in going to see the stones play live my first show was Hyde Park and I have been fortunate enough to see them several times since in some of the worlds greatest cities my big regret is that I did not start going to see them on earlier tours but that is my fault.

We should all be extremely grateful that they are still working and giving us chances to see them play.

Nate thumbs up

I can 100% support what Nate is saying. There was very solid information in Las Vegas about Europe in early summer, and I also heard more early this year. Only in the last week or so has that changed. Disappointing for us all, and there is no conspiracy in the reasons I have heard.

We are lucky that the Band still works hard and plays at an age when most of us expect to be fully retired; and that we have Bjornulf and others helping us with information - which is clearly "rumours until confirmed"

I never said there's a conspiracy involved. They don't plan against their serious fans, at least not willingly. Nevertheless I don't like the way they're planning their tours. Why do they month-long negotiations only to nix the planned tour 3/4 a year after the rumours started. Some on this board already booked hotel rooms in Paris etc. A similar desaster last fall. You can loose houndreds of Dollars these days for Stones shows that don't happen. Maybe the main problem is that phantom tour dates appear in the press or internet media.

I don't understand why one would book a non-refundable room on a non-confirmed event. I travel to Europe every summer and book 6 months in advance for better deals. Always choose refundable within 7 day's for 5% - 10% more. The major hotels are 24 hours...

Date: March 14, 2017 19:38

stone4ever
Nate
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

Nate
y

Oh I see, only people who attend every show can comment, youtube, bootlegs and DVD'S don't count. I attended 4 shows over that period of time.

No that is not what I said.I asked which of the shows in 2016 you attended because you said you thought they were on a downward path in that year so I was wondering what were the shows you went to in 2016 that you found disappointing?

Nate

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 14, 2017 20:30

Nate
stone4ever
Nate
stone4ever
DandelionPowderman
stone4ever

Nate
y

No that is not what I said.I asked which of the shows in 2016 you attended because you said you thought they were on a downward path in that year so I was wondering what were the shows you went to in 2016 that you found disappointing?

Nate

I was being sarcastic, i didn't need to attend 2016 shows to notice a decline in musicianship and overall performance from the footage available to me.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 14, 2017 22:08

Happy24
gotdablouse
Certainly of more interest to them than playing Bercy, what could their motivation be for that after playing Cuba ? I think it's really going to come to a point where the "why bother" argument is going to be harder and harder to fend off, Charlie's lack of enthusiasm, Keith's inadequate playing veering dangerously into Chuck Berry territory (10 years "early"), the loss of Bobby, of Lisa, etc...If you add to that the problems with the direction of a new album and well...

Well, I don't think they "lost" Lisa - I don't believe it was much of her decision, Keith has been beautifully sloppy all the time and Charlie's lack of enthusiasm can be traced back to 1963. I can't see any problem there :-)

Yes but when you go to a show and worry that he's going to "lose it" again that's not right...

In a bizarre development Zegut has just posted a new date (June 13th) for the Stones at the Stade de France [www.byzegut.fr] - bizarre in light of what's been posted here AND because there's a soccer game between France and England that evening! Or did someone tell him that Mick would indeed be at the SdF on the 13th ? ;-)

EDIT - ok he's just deleted it

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-14 22:09 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 15, 2017 17:04

Maybe they have delayed the European summer toour, to coincide with the release of the new album?????????Just hoping and praying!smileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2017 21:51

Just for the record... Fall might be late summer, or simply real Fall. It seems like many are working hard on quite a few options now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 15, 2017 22:17

It looks like the Stones are releasing the new album first and then the live shows...the new album done first, after that its all about live shows from then on.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 15, 2017 22:18

stone4ever
I was being sarcastic, i didn't need to attend 2016 shows to notice a decline in musicianship and overall performance from the footage available to me.

Having attended several 2016 shows, I would have to respectfully disagree.
Other than Mick's throat issue, there was no "decline in musicianship" or performance.. Perhaps one did need to attend the shows.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 15, 2017 22:27

georgelicks
It looks like the Stones are releasing the new album first and then the live shows...the new album done first, after that its all about live shows from then on.

This is the BEST news I've heard in over 54 pages!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 15, 2017 22:43

Kurt
georgelicks

This is the BEST news I've heard in over 54 pages!

It IS. THANK YOU ROLLING STONES!!!!

Date: March 15, 2017 22:45

If they keep on doing recording sessions for two weeks every third year, the "new album" will never be finished, unless it's covers again.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 15, 2017 22:50

Monsoon Ragoon
If they keep on doing recording sessions for two weeks every third year, the "new album" will never be finished, unless it's covers again.

wump wump wump thumbs down

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 22:55

MisterDDDD
stone4ever

Other than Mick's throat issue, there was no "decline in musicianship" or performance.. Perhaps one did need to attend the shows.
Mister DDDD I totally agree with you I think a lot of people who post about decline of performance only watch videos recorded on mobile phones with terrible sound I've seen videos of shows I've attended with great preformance from the band and the video sound is terrible

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: March 15, 2017 23:27

Karl Denson is playing in Brooklyn on June 7.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 23:35

bv
Just for the record... Fall might be late summer, or simply real Fall. It seems like many are working hard on quite a few options now.

Thanks Bjornulf. That's sounding a bit better for we Stones starved Europeans. Late Summer isn't too late for outdoor shows in Southern Europe so maybe they'll do a couple there and indoor arenas/stadia in the North?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 15, 2017 23:35

Al65
MisterDDDD
stone4ever

Mister DDDD I totally agree with you I think a lot of people who post about decline of performance only watch videos recorded on mobile phones with terrible sound I've seen videos of shows I've attended with great preformance from the band and the video sound is terrible

Yes I completely agree and am glad others realize this as well. The videos on YouTube, for instance, are far different than the live sound. Often the mix is
not accurate and no where similar to the live performance. This seems to be the
same with the DVD boots - often they are the same recordings found on YouTube.
Three videos are a nice souvenir but not the same sound and performance as the
live show.

Date: March 15, 2017 23:38

They played on October 2, 2003 open air in Zurich. Hot day, 26 Celsius degrees. You can easily do open air concerts also in Germany until mid October but nobody ever tried it I think. Maybe because also 2-3 degrees are possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-16 12:08 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 23:46

Monsoon Ragoon
They played on October 2, 2003 open air in Zurich. Hot day, 26 Celsius degrees. You can easily do open air concerts also in Germany until mid October but nobody ever tried it I think.

There are also quite a few roofed stadia around Europe with decent acoustics and ventilation e.g. The Tele2 in Stockholm and the Principality in Cardiff. About 10 years ago Oasis played there in December.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 16, 2017 00:27

Monsoon Ragoon

Seven (7) new songs were already done by September last year, with the week of recording last month, that number should be close/over 10 new songs by now.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 16, 2017 04:23

Al65
MisterDDDD
stone4ever

And do not expect musicians in their 70'ies to perform like they were 20-30 years old!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 16, 2017 07:50

bv
Just for the record ... Fall might be late summer, or simply real Fall. It seems like many are working hard on quite a few options now.

My favourite thread ... 54 groovy funky and far out pages of absolute nonsense, followed by one remotely relevant sentence in relation to the subject title - on the 55th page !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2017 09:39

The two most recent bookings I was told about was for August. I think the offers are stil valid but they might look more into other options now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 16, 2017 09:52

bv
The two most recent bookings I was told about was for August. I think the offers are stil valid but they might look more into other options now.

Great, thank you for the info BV. It's nice to hear that 'doing something somewhere' is still a 'work in progress' - so to speak. It's nice to at least be able to think that 'the Rolling Stones are not DONE yet' !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 16, 2017 10:58

georgelicks

That's the way it should be, really. Great! thumbs up

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 16, 2017 11:10

Let us hope for a Euro premiere in late august!

hot smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 16, 2017 12:06

DandelionPowderman
georgelicks

That's the way it should be, really. Great! thumbs up

And lets hope for a couple of new songs that work realy well live and deserve to be in the set on merit.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home