Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: March 24, 2017 21:43

I know this will not happen any time soon, but I would like to see them play the Montreux Jazz Fest. Would be quite an experience. Probably a nightmare to get tickets for that though...

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 24, 2017 23:08

or MSGarden!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 25, 2017 00:47

This thread has taken 58 pages to go from a wish list to a rumor list to a guess list to a rumor list to a guess list and back to a wish list .eye rolling smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 25, 2017 11:01

potus43
or MSGarden!

Budokan!

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 25, 2017 11:54

straycatuk , YOU ARE COMPLETELY RIGHT!
Till now, no one knows nothing!
And they all want them in town where they live in.
Dreaming, dreaming, it feels good I think.
59 pages for NOTHING, only dreamers,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-25 11:59 by tioms.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 25, 2017 11:59

Monsoon Ragoon
potus43
or MSGarden!

Budokan!

Alkmaar,Holland!
jeroen

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 25, 2017 12:45

tioms

59 pages for NOTHING, only dreamers,

Not quite - there were serious rumors for a 8-10 dates Tour, the listed dates were probably the bids which were checked by the Stones. Then the Infos about a scale-down to only 'a handful' of Shows and eventually the postponement into the Fall 2017.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 26, 2017 03:18

potus43
or MSGarden!

And whereabouts in EUROPE is that?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 26, 2017 05:59

Honestly if you had your "farewell" trip to a Rolling Stones concert in 2012, 13, 14, 15 or 16, then you are fine. Honestly, for me it's very hard to get excited about the thought of going to another Rolling Stones concert. It's just going to be a repeat performance, and five years worth of "oldie" shows are quite well documented for free on YouTube.

I know that some of you are still truly still excited, but not me. Steel Wheelchairs is almost a reality now.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 26, 2017 07:24

straycatuk
This thread has taken 58 pages to go from a wish list to a rumour list to a guess list to a rumour list to a guess list and back to a wish list .eye rolling smiley

sc uk

I know ... and ain't it EXCITING ?

>grinning smiley< thumbs up hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 26, 2017 07:25

No ...not really !! sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 26, 2017 08:09

THERE IS NO MSG!! CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. THEY DESTROYED IT SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND WAS REDESIGNED FOR CORPORATIONS, NOT PEOPLE!! BARCLAYS IS THE ONLY NYC ARENA. PERIOD!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 26, 2017 08:18

There is some rumour about The Rolling Stones will play on a stage built on the Danube at the World Aquatics Championships Opening (Budapest, 2017 mid July)

Rolling Stones in Budapest?

"Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, and Charlie Watts could potentially entertain the spectators at the opening ceremony of the 2017 FINA World Championships, held in Budapest this July. According to reports, szeretlekmagyarorszag.hu writes that negotiations are currently carried out with the management of the world’s most expensive band. Based on the news of index.hu, the site writes that 4 billion HUF (almost 13 million EUR) from the budget of the event would be devoted for the opening and closing ceremonies, of which 3 billion HUF (almost 10 million EUR) would strictly be spent on the opening night. The ceremony is planned to last for 90 minutes, and the organizers are negotiating with the iconic Rolling Stones to take on the responsibility of opening the championships. Getting such a band to play at the event would bear in itself a huge significance, but apparently, the organizers aim to get it streamed or broadcast worldwide, which usually only happens at the Olympics.

Index also shares the information that CNN, for instance, might only be interested in a short live broadcast of the opening if the organizers would pay them 200 million HUF (almost 700 thousand EUR). Well, the negotiations are on, and there are less than 117 days left till the best swimmers of the world get into the pool to show who deserves the gold medal."

Source: szeretlekmagyarorszag.hu, index.hu

[dailynewshungary.com]

Date: March 26, 2017 14:50

Cristiano Radtke

[dailynewshungary.com]

Thanks for the Infos.

It would then be possible that the Stones play in Budapest if the Event-Organizer pays all the costs and builds the stage self. But max. 90 mins duration sounds rather like warhorses ....

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 26, 2017 14:54

Irix
Cristiano Radtke

[dailynewshungary.com]

Thanks for the Infos.

It would then be possible that the Stones play in Budapest if the Event-Organizer pays all the costs and builds the stage self. But max. 90 mins duration sounds rather like warhorses ....

The rarest song will be Like A Rolling Stone ;-)

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 26, 2017 15:18

Irix
Cristiano Radtke

[dailynewshungary.com]

Thanks for the Infos.

According to the article the ceremony (whole?) is 90 mins - which I guess would mean 2 or 3 songs from the Stones.....

Date: March 26, 2017 15:50

EddieByword

According to the article the ceremony (whole?) is 90 mins - which I guess would mean 2 or 3 songs from the Stones.....

If the Stones are the only Band there, they could play at least 1 hour (e.g. 10 songs) and the rest is for the Opening-ceremony of the Sports-event.

It's quite unlikely that they would travel to Budapest extra for one event only and only 3 songs. If they were on a regular Tour, then of course they could handle this Budapest-event like the 121212-concert at MSG ....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 26, 2017 16:00

grzegorz67
potus43
or MSGarden!

It's obviously in York.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 26, 2017 16:04

paulywaul
straycatuk
This thread has taken 58 pages to go from a wish list to a rumour list to a guess list to a rumour list to a guess list and back to a wish list .eye rolling smiley

sc uk

I know ... and ain't it EXCITING ?

>grinning smiley< thumbs up hot smiley

Just realized how rarely I visited this thread and so I must admit...NO...

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: March 26, 2017 16:12

I've never been to N.Y. but I see concerts are still held at MSG
[www.thegarden.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 26, 2017 18:45

Irix
EddieByword

If the Stones are the only Band there, they could play at least 1 hour (e.g. 10 songs) and the rest is for the Opening-ceremony of the Sports-event.

It's quite unlikely that they would travel to Budapest extra for one event only and only 3 songs. If they were on a regular Tour, then of course they could handle this Budapest-event like the 121212-concert at MSG ....

"the site writes that 4 billion HUF (almost 13 million EUR) from the budget of the event would be devoted for the opening and closing ceremonies,
of which 3 billion HUF (almost 10 million EUR) would strictly be spent on the opening night".

The Stones would probably play two or three songs anywhere if the price was right - maybe 6 or 7 million EUR for Start Me Up, It's Only Rock'n'Roll, and Satisfaction.
And it then says: "the organizers aim to get it streamed or broadcast worldwide". If this actually happens, that would ease the pressure of the band playing any other shows....millions of people can watch at home!
Not saying they will, but wouldn't surprise me if they did for a massive amount of money.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 26, 2017 18:53

Cristiano Radtke
There is some rumour about The Rolling Stones will play on a stage built on the Danube at the World Aquatics Championships Opening (Budapest, 2017 mid July)

Rolling Stones in Budapest?

"Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, and Charlie Watts could potentially entertain the spectators at the opening ceremony of the 2017 FINA World Championships, held in Budapest this July. According to reports, szeretlekmagyarorszag.hu writes that negotiations are currently carried out with the management of the world’s most expensive band. Based on the news of index.hu, the site writes that 4 billion HUF (almost 13 million EUR) from the budget of the event would be devoted for the opening and closing ceremonies, of which 3 billion HUF (almost 10 million EUR) would strictly be spent on the opening night. The ceremony is planned to last for 90 minutes, and the organizers are negotiating with the iconic Rolling Stones to take on the responsibility of opening the championships. Getting such a band to play at the event would bear in itself a huge significance, but apparently, the organizers aim to get it streamed or broadcast worldwide, which usually only happens at the Olympics.

Index also shares the information that CNN, for instance, might only be interested in a short live broadcast of the opening if the organizers would pay them 200 million HUF (almost 700 thousand EUR). Well, the negotiations are on, and there are less than 117 days left till the best swimmers of the world get into the pool to show who deserves the gold medal."

Source: szeretlekmagyarorszag.hu, index.hu

[dailynewshungary.com]

Thanks for the info.

"and there are less than 117 days left till the best swimmers of the world get into the pool to show who deserves the gold medal."

Serbia!

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: March 26, 2017 19:15

DREAMTIME
THERE IS NO MSG!! CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. THEY DESTROYED IT SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND WAS REDESIGNED FOR CORPORATIONS, NOT PEOPLE!! BARCLAYS IS THE ONLY NYC ARENA. PERIOD!
The Stone Roses played there just last summer!

Date: March 26, 2017 19:26

geordiestone
DREAMTIME

the redesign took away the circulation. they made the majority of the seats worse and the MAGIC is gone! the people running the garden are worse than trump. they also ruined and destroyed The Beacon Theatre!

Date: March 26, 2017 19:27

Christos
I've never been to N.Y. but I see concerts are still held at MSG
[www.thegarden.com][/quote

the redesign took away the circulation. they made the majority of the seats worse and the MAGIC is gone! the people running the garden are worse than trump. they also ruined and destroyed The Beacon Theatre!

Date: March 26, 2017 19:39

Once again you do not know what you are talking about. Barclays sucks unless you are in the first section off the floor. Above that forget plus i's crazy steep.

Date: March 26, 2017 19:39

grzegorz67
potus43
or MSGarden!

Irrelevant. Looks like they are changing plans so hping for MSG!!!! Whooo

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 26, 2017 20:07

geordiestone
DREAMTIME

I agree, ever since they renovated the Garden the magic has been lost. There used to be a sense of intimacy within arena with the interior walkways.
But I have to disagree about Barclays being the best arena in the Metro area.
Unless you are on the floor or the lower level the sound is terrible there.
My pick is the Rock in Newark for arena shows these days.
I realized this after seeing the Stones at Barclays, then a week later at the Rock. Nicer security personnel and it was easy to move around the arena.

Date: March 26, 2017 20:45

Hairball

And it then says: "the organizers aim to get it streamed or broadcast worldwide". If this actually happens, that would ease the pressure of the band playing any other shows....millions of people can watch at home!
Not saying they will, but wouldn't surprise me if they did for a massive amount of money.

Yes, with 10 Million EUR budget for the whole Opening-ceremony plus the TV-Broadcast it could be interesting enough for them to play mid July 2017 at such event, also to commemorate their 55th Anniversary.

Rehearsals could be done early July - still in the same Studio where they shortly before were working on the new Album with own material.

By the way: since the 'Tour de France' starts on 1-Jul-2017 in Düsseldorf (Germany), the german Electronic-Music-Band 'Kraftwerk' will play on 1-Jul-2017 in their hometown Düsseldorf (Location: Ehrenhof) - [Kraftwerk.com] . In 1983 they released the Single 'Tour de France' and in 2003 their identically named Album: 'Tour de France'. Most people know them from their 1974 Track/Album: 'Autobahn'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-26 20:50 by Irix.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 26, 2017 20:57

Irix
Hairball

Yes, with 10 Million EUR budget for the whole Opening-ceremony plus the TV-Broadcast it could be interesting enough for them to play mid July 2017 at such event, also to commemorate their 55th Anniversary.

Rehearsals could be done early July - still in the same Studio where they shortly before were working on the new Album with own material.

By the way: since the 'Tour de France' starts on 1-Jul-2017 in Düsseldorf (Germany), the german Electronic-Music-Band 'Kraftwerk' will play on 1-Jul-2017 in their hometown Düsseldorf (Location: Ehrenhof) - [Kraftwerk.com] . In 1983 they released the Single 'Tour de France' and in 2003 their identically named Album: 'Tour de France'. Most people know them from their 1974 Track/Album: 'Autobahn'.

Wont happen.
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 65

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home