Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 65
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 10, 2017 12:55

Irix
Monsoon Ragoon

No I Wanna Be Your Man, no Sway, no As Tears Go By, no Six Days On The Road, no Around And Around, no Under The Boardwalk, no Goin' Down, no Far Away Eyes etc. in Europe 14. Only few interesting tracks survived, like Worried About You, but of course none of the warhorses was thrown out.

2012 in London's O2-Arena they played among others: 'I Wanna Be Your Man', 'Get Off Of My Cloud', 'It's All Over Now', 'Going Down' (Jeff Beck) - [iorr.org] .

During the 14-on-Fire-Tour they played among others: 'The Last Time', 'Lady Jane', 'Let's Spend The Night Together', 'Get Off Of My Cloud', 'It's All Over Now', 'Rocks Off', 'Waiting On A Friend', 'Like A Rolling Stone', 'Champagne and Reefer' - [iorr.org] .

'As Tears Go By' and 'Sway' have been played in Europe in 2006/2007 - [iorr.org] .

London 12 wasn't normal shows. That was something like Atlantic City in 1989. Also I didn't say they didn't ever play Sway or As Tears Go By in Europe, all I said was that 2014 setlists were not as interesting as 2012, 2013 and even 2015.
That's not a new problem, though. Just compare Washington 94 with Luxembourg 95.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-10 13:04 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: March 10, 2017 18:07

Let's please keep this thread to tour rumors - there's a separate thread on set lists. Thanks.

Date: March 10, 2017 18:13

maybe we can start a set list rumor

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 10, 2017 18:28

hooked
Let's please keep this thread to tour rumors - there's a separate thread on set lists. Thanks.

The rumours were bad jokes, I guess. Like the first South America tour 2015.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 10, 2017 18:39

Monsoon Ragoon
hooked

Guess what. Plans change.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 10, 2017 18:51

Monsoon Ragoon
hooked

There are several press reports in this thread, too. Doubtful those were attempts to elicit a laugh...

Date: March 10, 2017 23:23

slewan
Stonesfan2146

I think they won't play stadiums in the fall because they would have to find stadiums with closeable roofs.

well, at least in Germany the weather in September is usually much better than in June (in fact it's often very rainy in June and sometimes quite could, too)

I remember a perfect night, with perfect weather and a very special atmosphere on 3rd October 2003 in Switzerland [www.iorr.org]
That was GREAT.
Why not a European fall tour - the weather is changing anyway...

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 11, 2017 01:05

I remember The Hague 1998. Early September. They won't do a Euro Stadium tour outside of June - August IMHO

I'm out .sick of all the BS .They will probably play a private gig for someone like Richard Branson to warn up......Street Fighting Men...yeah ok then. Thanks for the memories.

SC UK

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 11, 2017 01:18

straycatuk
I remember The Hague 1998. Early September. They won't do a Euro Stadium tour outside of June - August IMHO

I'm out .sick of all the BS .They will probably play a private gig for someone like Richard Branson to warn up......Street Fighting Men...yeah ok then. Thanks for the memories.

SC UK

Yeah,lots of rain in The hague, but a great gig it was.
Jeroen

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 11, 2017 08:48

I just wonder if there will be more dates this summer where seating is available too. I plan to bring my son who will be only 5 years old. Paris and Dublin seem to be a good shot.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 11, 2017 11:24

schwonek
I just wonder if there will be more dates this summer where seating is available too. I plan to bring my son who will be only 5 years old. Paris and Dublin seem to be a good shot.

Good idea...I've been told some tickets are available now...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 11, 2017 14:38

corriecas
straycatuk

SC UK

Yeah,lots of rain in The hague, but a great gig it was.
Jeroen

I was at The Hague too smiling smiley Who could forget the pouring rain at the Malieveld. It was actually dry at the start of the show then sometime during the 2nd song, LSTNT, it started raining cats and dogs all of s sudden. I drove to the show from Near Oxford on showday. Despite the Weather, the band gave a remarkably good performance. I can't see them putting up with risking that kind of Weather again although they got it in Puerto Alegre last year.

Hopefully this will bring back memories

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

For many many reasons I really hope we get a Summer Stadium/Festival Tour and not a Winter Arena Tour. For me, a big part of the gig experience is queueing up for hours for s spot at the front and meeting up with other fans from all over the World. With indoor seats, that's all taken away sad smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: March 11, 2017 15:03

straycatuk

You'll be there Straycatuk smiling smiley) You're like the rest of us you won't be able to resist lol.

John

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 11, 2017 15:11

Stonesfan62
straycatuk

You'll be there Straycatuk smiling smiley) You're like the rest of us you won't be able to resist lol.

John

You know me too well.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2017 20:48

The Rolling Stones European Tour 2017 might be delayed into the fall.
If they end up touring late fall then the tour might include indoor venues,
as compared to the high capacity outdoor locations originally rumoured for the summer tour.

See the IORR news: [iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 11, 2017 20:53

bv
as compared to the high capacity outdoor locations originally rumoured for the summer tour.

it might sound cynical but I think that's really great news. I really prefer indoor venues

Date: March 11, 2017 21:20

bv

Worth noting that the rumored Summer tour info has been removed.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 11, 2017 21:29

bye bye johnny
bv

Worth noting that the rumored Summer tour info has been removed.

New album in september?

Date: March 11, 2017 21:32

Not the thread for that discussion.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 11, 2017 21:38

bye bye johnny
Not the thread for that discussion.