Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 12, 2016 20:18

IanBillen
DandelionPowderman
roller99 is a good guy with connections. He gave us info about Europe and touring yesterday. He'll get back with info when he can, surely.

I gotcha.. wasn't sayin he wasn't a good bloke.. or that he was joshin us...

I was wonderin about anything related to his Don Was connections and if he ever tried reaching out to him as he said he was gonna do for us. Never heard anything more about it .. is my only thing.

Well, if you want the whole long explanation, Don Was runs a label called Blue Note Records. Once a year at the Capitol Studios tower, there's a record fair called "Wax", and Don Was is usually there, he was there last year, just manning his booth. Most people didn't even know who he was. I assumed he was going to be there this year. I am given media credentials to cover the event, so talking to him or anyone else who shows up is easy. He just didn't show this year. So nothing to report on him.

No need for me to "josh" or otherwise spread misinformation. That's what Facebook is for....

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 12, 2016 20:21

DandelionPowderman
roller99 is a good guy with connections. He gave us info about Europe and touring yesterday. He'll get back with info when he can, surely.

Thanks Dandi! Some of you here know where I get info. I'm not in the inner circle of the band, and I'm just one of dozens of people here who get access to info. Sometimes it's easier than you think to find stuff out, especially when you live in Los Angeles. The headquarters of the company that promotes the band and stages all the shows is also here in L.A., so a lot of people are connected and can find out this information. And people love to talk.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 13, 2016 00:46

roller99
IanBillen
DandelionPowderman

I gotcha.. wasn't sayin he wasn't a good bloke.. or that he was joshin us...

I was wonderin about anything related to his Don Was connections and if he ever tried reaching out to him as he said he was gonna do for us. Never heard anything more about it .. is my only thing.

Well, if you want the whole long explanation, Don Was runs a label called Blue Note Records. Once a year at the Capitol Studios tower, there's a record fair called "Wax", and Don Was is usually there, he was there last year, just manning his booth. Most people didn't even know who he was. I assumed he was going to be there this year. I am given media credentials to cover the event, so talking to him or anyone else who shows up is easy. He just didn't show this year. So nothing to report on him.

No need for me to "josh" or otherwise spread misinformation. That's what Facebook is for....

Look I feel ya... No worries. I was only wondering why no activity from you after said proposition is all.

Too bad he didn't show. I am sure he would of gave ya a little somethin to go on. He isn't incredibly tight lipped... just for the most part.

Was seems like a great cat. Keep us in the loop if you hear anything more.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 13, 2016 01:42

oops editing out my own gossip xcuse me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-13 11:58 by hopkins.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 13, 2016 20:13

the reason it didn't take long is because mick and keith brought in songs that were almost finished,they put a few overdubs on them-keiths guitar on micks songs-micks vocals on keiths songs and got the hell out of there.

how many of those little twitter pictures have you seen of mick and keith in the studio together?

they don't like spending much time together offstage and that means they're not going to be bottled up in a studio together,sorry but this record is gonna be another cut and paste job like the three before it.

the blues covers-blues based ,blues whatever is this years "it's the best thing since exile" hype tag line.if they come up with anything above c-grade stones music i'll be amazed.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 13, 2016 20:32

No problem with them bringing in songs. I have a problem if the songs aren't great at this stage of the game.

Date: June 13, 2016 20:58

true,if they were good songs it would help.when i saw the song list on bigger bang the first thing i noticed-to my shock and horror,was a song that shared the same title as a song from the 80's hair metal band "poison".

then the cliche' that was streets of love,the really bad stab at political commentary..it went downhill from there.

i'm praying jagger doesn't try to impress his hollywood friends with more political commentary,keith almost saved us from sweet neo con but in the spirit of todays stones he relented. what should have been "this song blows throw it out" became "well if that's really how you feel...."

bon jovi is on the campaign trail-that's how far you want to stay away from that clown show.

i don't have much hope for a new record but maybe we'll get a couple of good of new ones

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:12

I'd like to hear those rehearsals they did with Bill in 2012.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 13, 2016 23:56

georgelicks
I said it before: the album is 80% done, only a couple of final recordings and overdubs and that's it. Keith is doing some overdubs on NY right now, Mick's in France for the Euro and won't do anything until it's over (mid July), Ronnie and Charlie's parts are done too.

According to my source the band recorded in London for two weeks on December and another week on early April, mostly blues oriented material.

3 weeks recording?
Doesn't fill me with great anticipation.
Dylan can knock off a good album... recorded almost live.
Can the Stones though?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 14, 2016 00:14

lem motlow
the reason it didn't take long is because mick and keith brought in songs that were almost finished,they put a few overdubs on them-keiths guitar on micks songs-micks vocals on keiths songs and got the hell out of there.

how many of those little twitter pictures have you seen of mick and keith in the studio together?

they don't like spending much time together offstage and that means they're not going to be bottled up in a studio together,sorry but this record is gonna be another cut and paste job like the three before it.

the blues covers-blues based ,blues whatever is this years "it's the best thing since exile" hype tag line.if they come up with anything above c-grade stones music i'll be amazed.

thumbs down

You are wrong.

THE ROLLING STONES are still A BAND:

They went into the studio all together for two weeks in London and got directly down to what was worth recording or not of the songs available (not important by who the songs are written).
Then recorded/played them together....for two weeks.
Next session was one week: Playing together, some final touches.

That's the way A BAND works.

Edit: And THE ROLLING STONES know. THEY ARE THE GREATEST!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 00:32 by RipThisBone.

Date: June 14, 2016 02:13

well i hope you are correct rip-

could you source this insider information about what happened in the studio?

it sounds great but is it just what you think/hoped would happen or are you onto something here?

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 09:24

I'm reading Stoned2, a long time after the first time I read it.
Why not to call Andrew Oldham to produce the last studio album of an incredible adventure? Are we sure Don Was can't be replaced? Is conformism the 6th Stone, nowadays? Andrew Oldham could bring the Stones back to where come from and would be great, in my opinion...

Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 09:52

The Stones are recording in London now. They started on Monday and will be in studio for about 10 days.

Date: June 14, 2016 10:46

heinz57
The Stones are recording in London now. They started on Monday and will be in studio for about 10 days.

According to Pierre's FB page?

Date: June 14, 2016 10:47

They're recording just like they're touring now: A little here and there, when it suits them. I kind of like that. They control the pace, and can be motivated geared up enough to do great stuff thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 14, 2016 13:49

DandelionPowderman
heinz57

Please post Pierre's comments for the non-Facebook folks.

Date: June 14, 2016 13:59

bye bye johnny
DandelionPowderman
heinz57

Please post Pierre's comments for the non-Facebook folks.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 14, 2016 14:06

Thanks, DP!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: June 14, 2016 15:45

Who's pieere

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 14, 2016 16:09

1963luca0
I'm reading Stoned2, a long time after the first time I read it.
Why not to call Andrew Oldham to produce the last studio album of an incredible adventure? Are we sure Don Was can't be replaced? Is conformism the 6th Stone, nowadays? Andrew Oldham could bring the Stones back to where come from and would be great, in my opinion...

As far as I am aware, Mick has not had a proper conversation with ALO since he cut loose in late 1967.
Mick isn't a forgiving man when it comes to business/finance. So when Oldham 'enabled' ABKCO to buy up the copyrights and masters of their 60's product,(a matter that is conveniently not referred to in an otherwise excellent book), that was it as far as Mick was concerned.
Glyn Johns would be an option imo, but I can't see that happening.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2016 17:10

ohmercy61
Who's pieere

Keith's guitar tech.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 14, 2016 17:58

heinz57

...source?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 14, 2016 18:14

KRiffhard
heinz57

...source?

[www.facebook.com]

smileys with beer

Date: June 14, 2016 21:22

heinz57

Great to hear -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 21:23 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 15, 2016 04:15

KRiffhard
heinz57

...source?

The poster's first and only post so far after having registered one week formerly.

Edit: Printing error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-15 07:16 by Witness.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 15, 2016 05:53

mtaylor
KRiffhard
heinz57

...source?

[www.facebook.com]

smileys with beer

I don't see anything there about the lads being in the studio, or am I daft?

Rod

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 15, 2016 06:05

Some might suggest Pierre de Beauport and Chuck Leavell's remarks on social media were an indication.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2016 09:40

"Biggest thrill ever... recording with my hero, Keith Richards. (I'm the admirer in the reflection!)."

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 15, 2016 09:42

Cristiano Radtke
"Biggest thrill ever... recording with my hero, Keith Richards. (I'm the admirer in the reflection!)."

[www.instagram.com]

cool cristiano, thx.

Date: June 15, 2016 09:53

Well Heinz57 just reported they were in London Recording?

This image still seems to be in NYC .. although Keith has the same exact clothes on as he did in the shots from a few days ago.

Perhaps it was from a few days ago ..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home