Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 30, 2016 22:02

Maindefender
Hairball
After a Stones song was played on a local radio station yesterday, the dj said:

"This will hold us over until their new blues album is released".

He probably knows as much (or as little) as everyone else, but then again he might have some inside info.
Maybe the Stones decided to scrap the new material (Mick's demos, etc.) and make it a 100% blues album.

What was the song?

Back to zero

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 30, 2016 22:14

KRiffhard
Maindefender
Hairball

He probably knows as much (or as little) as everyone else, but then again he might have some inside info.
Maybe the Stones decided to scrap the new material (Mick's demos, etc.) and make it a 100% blues album.

What was the song?

Back to zero

lol (on to page 102)

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 30, 2016 22:41

102 pages!!!smileys with beer
...The only sure newseye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 1, 2016 00:35

Maindefender
KRiffhard
Maindefender
Hairball

What was the song?

Back to zero

lol (on to page 102)

cool smiley

You probably couldn't guess...it was I Go Wild from Totally Stripped.
Santa Barbara radio station KTYD 99.9FM - known to play oddities and 'deep cuts'.
Probably one of the last of the old school classic rock stations with real live dj's that play whatever they want.
Along with all the best of the Stones, they still play Saint of Me, Rain Fall Down, and even Doom and Gloom confused smiley occasionally.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 2, 2016 02:02

mailexile67
100% Cover Blues Album or new Blues tunes Album?!?eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-03 14:59 by mpj200.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 2, 2016 02:04

thumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 2, 2016 02:58

yes

Date: July 2, 2016 09:32

mpj200
mailexile67
100% Cover Blues Album or new Blues tunes Album?!?eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Both?smiling smiley

Only blues songs?! I don't think so!!

Date: July 3, 2016 03:19

KRiffhard
mpj200
mailexile67

Both?smiling smiley

Only blues songs?! I don't think

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-03 14:58 by mpj200.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 3, 2016 05:58

mpj200
KRiffhard
mpj200
mailexile67

Both?smiling smiley

Old and New. Still Blues. Stones Blues.

Are ya sayin you know about the brand material (jus honestly askin?)

We understand there are Blues songs going on in the new product (both covers and non-covers) but do ya know anything about their other brand new stuff..? It cant all be total Blues songs right?.. I am guessing there are most likely some fast songs or rockers and other things they got going on too right?

We have no idea.. what's it all about? Fill us in on what ya know if ya could be so kind.. ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-03 06:00 by IanBillen.

Date: July 3, 2016 06:32

IanBillen
mpj200
KRiffhard
mpj200
mailexile67

Both?smiling smiley

Are ya sayin you know about the brand material (jus honestly askin?)

We understand there are Blues songs going on in the new product (both covers and non-covers) but do ya know anything about their other brand new stuff..? It cant all be total Blues songs right?.. I am guessing there are most likely some fast songs or rockers and other things they got going on too right?

We have no idea.. what's it all about? Fill us in on what ya know if ya could be so kind.. ...

Good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-03 14:57 by mpj200.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 3, 2016 06:50

I see. Yes The Stones are a blues act at heart one could easily say. They carried the torch for incorporating American rhythm & blues into rock and Roll. Many after that followed suite .. but none are known for doing such as The Stones first did and to be frank.. who are we kidding.. none ever did it better.. (or even 'as' good).

Yeah ..now back to the newbie.... So do you mean The Stones finished working on some fantastic new 'blues songs'.. or just some fantastic new songs in general....? (still a bit 'cornfused' ha).

.....So you've heard that the quality of the new stuff ...whatever form it may take place as or whatever form it may be ... is 'that' good eh? (awesome)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-03 07:02 by IanBillen.

Date: July 3, 2016 14:49

IanBillen
I see. Yes The Stones are a blues act at heart one could easily say. They carried the torch for incorporating American rhythm & blues into rock and Roll. Many after that followed suite .. but none are known for doing such as The Stones first did and to be frank.. who are we kidding.. none ever did it better.. (or even 'as' good).

Yeah ..now back to the newbie.... So do you mean The Stones finished working on some fantastic new 'blues songs'.. or just some fantastic new songs in general....? (still a bit 'cornfused' ha).

.....So you've heard that the quality of the new stuff ...whatever form it may take place as or whatever form it may be ... is 'that' good eh? (awesome)
Yes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-03 14:55 by mpj200.

Date: July 3, 2016 16:01

mpj200
IanBillen

Yes

Thanks Mpj!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 3, 2016 19:13

Keith's CROSSEYED HEART thread was really something. This... it doesn't have much to go on.

Pretty funny.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 3, 2016 21:49

GasLightStreet
24FPS
I'm sorry, but I put on the Cross Eyed Heart CD on loan from the library. It was one those times you keep moving from track to track because nothing moves you. Soon the CD was over.

That's pathetic. CROSSEYED HEART is excellent.

No it isnt. Bill and Keith both should concentrate on playing good (Wyman still has it) on great songs written by others or co written with someone who still got it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 3, 2016 22:00

Redhotcarpet
GasLightStreet
24FPS
I'm sorry, but I put on the Cross Eyed Heart CD on loan from the library. It was one those times you keep moving from track to track because nothing moves you. Soon the CD was over.

That's pathetic. CROSSEYED HEART is excellent.

No it isnt. Bill and Keith both should concentrate on playing good (Wyman still has it) on great songs written by others or co written with someone who still got it.

Y'all need ta git ya ears cleant out!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: nick ()
Date: July 3, 2016 22:24

GasLightStreet

Y'all need ta git ya ears cleant out!

After listening to Cockroach Fart you really do need to clean out your ears.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 4, 2016 00:41

Imo, Crosseyed Heart is a pretty good album - that´s the best you can say about it. I think it is a bit over-rated due to the fact that it is the first KR-album in half a million years. By the light of the day it is far from exellence. It´s just pretty good, that´s all. Imo, of course and as always.

Almost every average Stones-Album blows it away, even Steel Wheels or Bridges To Babylon. Compared to an album like DW or Undercover Crosseyed Heart doesnt look too good. Yet I like it, it is simpático.

Date: July 4, 2016 01:06

HMS
Imo, Crosseyed Heart is a pretty good album - that´s the best you can say about it. I think it is a bit over-rated due to the fact that it is the first KR-album in half a million years. By the light of the day it is far from exellence. It´s just pretty good, that´s all. Imo, of course and as always.

Almost every average Stones-Album blows it away, even Steel Wheels or Bridges To Babylon. Compared to an album like DW or Undercover Crosseyed Heart doesnt look too good. Yet I like it, it is simpático.

Pretty favorable review HMS...thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 4, 2016 01:49

Crosseyed Heart has nearly everything - a great, warm sound, the performances are good and soulful, yet there is one thing missing: Great, memorable songs. Songs you want to listen to again once they are over. As it stands, Crosseyed Heart is not more than a wall of Keithian sound.

I just hope that the new Stones album has some memorable songs. They had enough time to write some good stuff!

Date: July 4, 2016 08:42

retired_dog
Crosseyed Heart has nearly everything - a great, warm sound, the performances are good and soulful, yet there is one thing missing: Great, memorable songs. Songs you want to listen to again once they are over. As it stands, Crosseyed Heart is not more than a wall of Keithian sound.

I just hope that the new Stones album has some memorable songs. They had enough time to write some good stuff!

A song like 'Take it so hard' on TIC or 'Wicked as it seems' on MO. I think that 'One more shot' solo version was 'that' song for CH.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 4, 2016 09:36

KRiffhard
retired_dog

A song like 'Take it so hard' on TIC or 'Wicked as it seems' on MO. I think that 'One more shot' solo version was 'that' song for CH.

Yes, and TIC and NO had several more - Locked Away, How I Wish, You Don't Move Me, Struggle, Eileen, Hate It When You Leave spring to mind. I agree that One More Shot could very well have been 'that' song for CH. But anyway, a "wall of Keithian sounds" is not bad at all, it's just when it's over, nothing really sticks in one's mind.

Date: July 4, 2016 10:52

I'll take Suspicious over Locked Away, Nothing On Me over How I Wish, Lover's Plea over anything on his previous albums.

CH was a nice continuation of his two first albums. A warm, varied and deep album.

Robbed Blind, Blues In The Morning, Love Overdue, Heartstopper and Something For Nothing. Not memorable songs? confused smiley

Date: July 4, 2016 11:38

.......Just a gift is a great Keith ballad IMO

Date: July 4, 2016 11:41

Maindefender

Pure emotions.

Date: July 4, 2016 11:48

DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

Pure emotions.

That's what I want from the next album(s)

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 4, 2016 11:48

retired_dog
KRiffhard
retired_dog

Yes, and TIC and NO had several more - Locked Away, How I Wish, You Don't Move Me, Struggle, Eileen, Hate It When You Leave spring to mind. I agree that One More Shot could very well have been 'that' song for CH. But anyway, a "wall of Keithian sounds" is not bad at all, it's just when it's over, nothing really sticks in one's mind.

..."Trouble", imo, is by far the most 'sticky' one - and therefor is 'that' song on CH for me.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 4, 2016 11:49

DandelionPowderman
I'll take Suspicious over Locked Away, Nothing On Me over How I Wish, Lover's Plea over anything on his previous albums.

CH was a nice continuation of his two first albums. A warm, varied and deep album.

Robbed Blind, Blues In The Morning, Love Overdue, Heartstopper and Something For Nothing. Not memorable songs? confused smiley

Dont give retireddog any attention Dandelion. His name says it all, retired after all.
Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 4, 2016 12:27

Most of the songs arent catchy, they just pass on by and you dont have an urge to listen to them again immediatly. Some good/very good songs on it, true, but if you havent listen to them for a few days you simply cant remember them. Plus I experienced that the songs I like start to bore me after listening to them a couple of times. There´s sometimes a thrill at first listening but it is fading quite soon. Still like the album but I try not to listen to it more often than once in two months to "keep it fresh".

I really like Robbed Blind, Suspicious, Blues In The Morning, Just A Gift. The songs I do not like very much are: Lover´s Plea, Something For Nothing, Goodnight Irene. Songs I didnt mentioned like Amnesia, Ilusion or Substantial Damage dont do much for me, at least they are not hurting, sometimes they are even quite enjoyable, depends on the mood I am in.

Like I said it is a decent album, but nothing spectacular or outstanding. I hope the new Stones-album will blow it away in every way.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2026
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home