Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9899100101102103104105106107108...LastNext
Current Page: 103 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 4, 2016 14:31

I need some news about new stuff...please help me!! Heinz57, Georgelicks, TeddyB, Mpj, insiders, sources, reliable or not...where are you?!! grinning smiley

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 4, 2016 17:40

Now having reached page 103 now looking forward to page 104,and probably still no real news all just hearsay so far.A new album with new songs is all I want, not so interested in a blues album.

Date: July 4, 2016 17:43

terry
Now having reached page 103 now looking forward to page 104,and probably still no real news all just hearsay so far.A new album with new songs is all I want, not so interested in a blues album.

There are real news in here, for people who reads all the posts – as well as between the lines..

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 4, 2016 18:26

Double CDyawning smileyne of Blues Cover and another one of new stuff "Old school" out in mid -October
First single out in Mid-end of September
Official Announcement: end of July-early August
This is it!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 4, 2016 18:59

DandelionPowderman
I'll take Suspicious over Locked Away, Nothing On Me over How I Wish, Lover's Plea over anything on his previous albums.

CH was a nice continuation of his two first albums. A warm, varied and deep album.

Robbed Blind, Blues In The Morning, Love Overdue, Heartstopper and Something For Nothing. Not memorable songs? confused smiley

All nice little tunes that you mention here, but also instantly forgettable compared to the ones I mentioned from from previous albums.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 4, 2016 19:09

mailexile67
Double CDyawning smileyne of Blues Cover and another one of new stuff "Old school" out in mid -October
This is it!

...and i like it!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 4, 2016 19:54

KRiffhard
mailexile67
This is it!

Wow..is this for real? The timeline makes sense

Date: July 4, 2016 19:55

What comes first album news or tour news? In other words, the chicken or the egg?
In other words, are people more excited about the album or live shows?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 4, 2016 20:03

Bothwinking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 4, 2016 20:04

[email protected]
What comes first album news or tour news? In other words, the chicken or the egg?

I guess for me the album and simply because I already know there will be a tour.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 4, 2016 20:10

swimtothemoon
mailexile67
Double CD one of Blues Cover and another one of new stuff "Old school" out in mid -October
This is it!
Wow..is this for real?

Doubtful.

Date: July 4, 2016 22:04

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
I'll take Suspicious over Locked Away, Nothing On Me over How I Wish, Lover's Plea over anything on his previous albums.

CH was a nice continuation of his two first albums. A warm, varied and deep album.

Robbed Blind, Blues In The Morning, Love Overdue, Heartstopper and Something For Nothing. Not memorable songs? confused smiley

All nice little tunes that you mention here, but also instantly forgettable compared to the ones I mentioned from from previous albums.

Not forgettable for me. And I love the ones you mentioned as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-04 22:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 4, 2016 22:21

swimtothemoon
KRiffhard
mailexile67
This is it!

Wow..is this for real? The timeline makes sense

>grinning smiley< Finally some actual news.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 4, 2016 22:28

Actual or factual??
Or just wishful thinking?

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 4, 2016 23:18

For those that want to know what we all know for certain at this point and time.

There is certainly a blues album or enough for an entire blues album. That is basically all completed ... (and already has been for a little while).

They also have a 'whole load' of brand new stuff. All that is verified. Word has it they are finishing up the new stuff and are going to decide which route to take with all the said material.

That is what we know 'for certain'... and that (the above) is 100% verifiable .. All though they have been a bit vague .. and pretty short in elaboration (<<no surprise there right lol) that all is 100% factual as per Keith and Don Was and Ronnie... << Especially Don Was... (though he has been somewhat brief and fairly minimal in his commentary about the project .. but there IS something DEFINITELY serious and very much in the works .. has been for a long while now).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-04 23:20 by IanBillen.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 4, 2016 23:28

I dont care much for all that chitter-chatter about the new album being this or being that but I want to know the title of the album. Btw, last night I had a dream I was talking to MJ and asked him about the new album and he said "Most likely we´ll put it on the shelf" - I am not joking. But then again last week I dreamed I was listening to the new stuff and it was very guitar-heavy and kinda reminded me of DW - hopefully a good sign.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 5, 2016 00:02

Getting back to the topic of producers, Dangermouse would be perfect....I like to see him take shot. smoking smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: July 5, 2016 00:05

HMS
I dont care much for all that chitter-chatter about the new album being this or being that but I want to know the title of the album. Btw, last night I had a dream I was talking to MJ and asked him about the new album and he said "Most likely we´ll put it on the shelf" - I am not joking. But then again last week I dreamed I was listening to the new stuff and it was very guitar-heavy and kinda reminded me of DW - hopefully a good sign.

Hmmmm that is interesting but I can say you (we) can relax because I can tell ya they are definitely ..<not>.. going to shelf this new album .. Not to worry there. They have been working it up for a while now (and they are taking it seriously ...). Shelving it is not an option .. nor do they want it as one. They intend on releasing it .. 100%.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 5, 2016 05:50

And it will be worth the wait.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 5, 2016 06:49

mpj200

mpj200, do you know if Matt Clifford plays on or handled pre-production on any of the new material?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 5, 2016 07:26

HMS

Another career lowpoint is not what we (and the band, of course) really need...
Dirty Work has some good songs admittedly, but they're not going to release an EP, it's gonna be a longplayer - at least that's how I understand the chitter-chatter from people who should know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-05 07:26 by alimente.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 5, 2016 11:49

mpj200

smileys with beer

Posted by: AlanPartridge ()
Date: July 5, 2016 13:24

Think I'll drop out of this thread for a little while and I'll get back on board when it gets to about page 170, may be something to actually comment on then.

Date: July 5, 2016 13:44

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

That's good. Tastes are different. In this case, I can't really hide my disappointment because after more than 20 years of waiting, I expected a bit more from Keith - some memorable tunes, as I've said. In the same way that I was disappointed with A Bigger Bang after 8 years of waiting since Bridges To Babylon - I did not expect so much stuff on a new Stones album that's just "nice", just "not bad", just mediocre to simply bad, some really good tracks notwithstanding. Not from a band like the Stones.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: July 5, 2016 13:47

Maindefender
Getting back to the topic of producers, Dangermouse would be perfect....I like to see him take shot. smoking smiley

Dangermouse did an incredible job producing Portugal The Man.
He would be an interesting choice for Stones new material.

Date: July 5, 2016 13:49

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

That's good. Tastes are different. In this case, I can't really hide my disappointment because after more than 20 years of waiting, I expected a bit more from Keith - some memorable tunes, as I've said. In the same way that I was disappointed with A Bigger Bang after 8 years of waiting since Bridges To Babylon - I did not expect so much stuff on a new Stones album that's just "nice", just "not bad", just mediocre to simply bad, some really good tracks notwithstanding. Not from a band like the Stones.

It might be that the main difference between us lays within our expectations?

I didn't expect more than a few passable 12 bar blues tracks from Keith at this point. Instead we got a school book in different genres within the music the man loves.

Date: July 5, 2016 14:00

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

It might be that the main difference between us lays within our expectations?

I didn't expect more than a few passable 12 bar blues tracks from Keith at this point. Instead we got a school book in different genres within the music the man loves.

Yes, it must be our different expectations. Look, I'm a Stones fan since the mid-60's and experienced a lot of occasions when the Stones were more or less written off, but surprisingly managed to return with marvellous new material. So maybe I'm a bit too used to miracles to lower my expectations even at this late stage!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 5, 2016 16:26

HMS

Fine with me, HMS. Certainly better than boring blues duetes with Clapton or Crow. I have lowered my expectations so a Dirty Work II would probably be a sensation by now!
Extraordinary with those visions you keep having. You should treasure that gift!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 5, 2016 17:25

HMS

The only reason to shelve the new album is if it somehow, which is impossible, turned out like that unicorn vomited DIRTY WORK.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 5, 2016 17:28

[email protected]

At this point... since they've been touring since November of 2012 every year sicne...

Not the live shows, seeing that this thread is about a new album or new albums that may come out in 2016...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9899100101102103104105106107108...LastNext
Current Page: 103 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home