Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 18, 2016 11:18

maybeeeee.. Lightin's - Goin' Home ????? .... that'd be way cool ....esp a cover of the alternative version

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-18 12:07 by Rockman.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 18, 2016 11:30

heinz57
Expect a tune by Lightin' Slim on the next album

Thanks Heinz! Do you know something about new stuff?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 18, 2016 15:15

Just got back from a week holiday on a dutch island, terschelling for the Oerol Festival.it was great. and, in the meantime, it seems the stones have resumed recording in London. Well thats great news !! eagerly waiting for more news about the recording sessions.
jeroen

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 18, 2016 16:33

KRiffhard
Rocky Dijon
Go back to Dandy's post from June 14th where he copied the FB message from Pierre and you can read Chuck's wife's message about meeting up with them today.

Thanks Rocky thumbs up

Chuck Leavell is doing rehearsels with David Gilmour ..for upcoming tour in Europe

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 18, 2016 16:55

mailexile67
It's incredible that with all the Londoners in the forum no one know if the Stones are recording there right now!It is a Military secret or what?!

Well, it's kind of a big city...

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 18, 2016 17:11

heinz57
Expect a tune by Lightin' Slim on the next album

Awesome Heinz. Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. So do ya know anything about their new material ... sound... vibe.. style .. quality etc.?

Ian

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: June 18, 2016 17:19

Lightnin' Slim - I'm a Rollin' Stone

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 18, 2016 19:01

lem motlow
the reason it didn't take long is because mick and keith brought in songs that were almost finished,they put a few overdubs on them-keiths guitar on micks songs-micks vocals on keiths songs and got the hell out of there.

how many of those little twitter pictures have you seen of mick and keith in the studio together?

they don't like spending much time together offstage and that means they're not going to be bottled up in a studio together,sorry but this record is gonna be another cut and paste job like the three before it.

the blues covers-blues based ,blues whatever is this years "it's the best thing since exile" hype tag line.if they come up with anything above c-grade stones music i'll be amazed.

How likely is it that Keith had finished songs after Xfire and the little input he had for ABB?

Having said that they tried hard to collaborate for VL (the first of the last three) and it wasn't really any better, less interesting than B2B some would argue, so whatever works for them currently will do in my book. Reliving the thrill of a new album can't be beat, only happened 6 times over the past 33 years, 3 times in the first 6!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 18, 2016 19:42

treaclefingers
Bashlets
My guess is that we real hear no real news until late July/ early August. How many track, album title, some of the song titles. They also need to play it live. Dump 5 out of the twenty songs they play every damn night and replace the with 5 new songs.
Drop:
Miss you. We've all heard it a million times
PAint it black
Sympathy or honkytonk
It's only Rock and roll
Wild horses

You will still have more than enough warhorses to please the casuals and 5 new tracks to revitalize the stones and their diehards. I remember being at msg in 2006 and after seeing 3 shows that week I was ready to leave during the second half the surprises live aren't coming anymore.

ok bashlets...we like your proposal. you have the job, you'll be in charge of the setlist. DON'T DISAPPOINT!

Don't you go & put all that pressure on him now, Treacles. It's a hard enough job as it is. smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 18, 2016 20:39

gotdablouse
lem motlow
the reason it didn't take long is because mick and keith brought in songs that were almost finished,they put a few overdubs on them-keiths guitar on micks songs-micks vocals on keiths songs and got the hell out of there.

how many of those little twitter pictures have you seen of mick and keith in the studio together?

they don't like spending much time together offstage and that means they're not going to be bottled up in a studio together,sorry but this record is gonna be another cut and paste job like the three before it.

the blues covers-blues based ,blues whatever is this years "it's the best thing since exile" hype tag line.if they come up with anything above c-grade stones music i'll be amazed.

How likely is it that Keith had finished songs after Xfire and the little input he had for ABB?

Having said that they tried hard to collaborate for VL (the first of the last three) and it wasn't really any better, less interesting than B2B some would argue, so whatever works for them currently will do in my book. Reliving the thrill of a new album can't be beat, only happened 6 times over the past 33 years, 3 times in the first 6!

XFire..What album is that...
Jeroen

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: June 18, 2016 23:15

My thoughts are simple-blues covers, originals, one album or two, collaborators or none, WHO CARES! New music by The Stones, ALL GOOD!!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 19, 2016 12:15

The Pierre's message is the same of early December when he gone in London and the Stones started recording, so I'm sure that they are recording in London right now!My only curiosity is if there will be out one CD of new stuff and some blues cover or a double CD with new stuff and blues cover...Last choice would be the best!!winking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 19, 2016 17:21

corriecas

Jeroen

I fear he's got a CROSSEYED HEART over CROSSFIRE HURRICANE.

Date: June 19, 2016 17:27

corriecas
gotdablouse
lem motlow

Jeroen

I bet he meant Xeyed (Crosseyed) smiling smiley

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: June 20, 2016 17:04

Did pop over to that studio at the weekend but saw nothing sadly x

Date: June 20, 2016 17:15

mrsw

Thanks anyway thumbs up

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 20, 2016 17:16

KRiffhard
mrsw

Thanks anyway thumbs up

Yes! Good work mrsw thumbs up

Date: June 20, 2016 17:16

BILLPERKS
They are at Metropolis.

...are you sure BP?

Date: June 20, 2016 17:29

i dodn't see them but that was Saturday i was around

Date: June 20, 2016 17:34

mrsw
i dodn't see them but that was Saturday i was around

We don't know where they are...Metropolis? British Grove Studios?!

Date: June 20, 2016 17:58

i tried Metropolisx

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 20, 2016 18:03

Today in The Sun - take with a large grain of salt:

"New dad Ronnie is currently with Mick, Keith Richards, 72, and Charlie Watts, 75, recording a new album of original Rolling Stones material."

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: June 20, 2016 18:21

bye bye johnny
Today in The Sun - take with a large grain of salt:

"New dad Ronnie is currently with Mick, Keith Richards, 72, and Charlie Watts, 75, recording a new album of original Rolling Stones material."

[www.thesun.co.uk]

...and then:
"New album … Ronnie is currently recording with his bandmates on a new album of old material" eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-20 18:22 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 21, 2016 05:49

KRiffhard
BILLPERKS
They are at Metropolis.

...are you sure BP?

Course I'm sure, I only made it up just now.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 21, 2016 06:25

As was brought up here and on a few other message boards was the question of "Isn't it kinda late for them to be recording if they want to have this out in the fall?".

The short answer is yes.. it is a bit late.. BUT not 'too' late and just as well not late depending on what stages they are in.

If it is the final stages such as in doing overdubs about now then all is well. They could have the whole thing mixed and mastered by early August with a release date set to late September / some time in October.

If they are still right in the middle of recording then they are starting to push it. .. .. ... (then time is a definite adversary if that is the case here).

My guess is that they are finishing things up recording wise and are just ready to do the final overdubs .. then it is off to mixing.. which could take anywhere from a mere week or two to six weeks depending on who and what and how the album is and what type of mixes they are going to be going for?

In normal circumstance they would usually only need two to four weeks to mix it.

Mastering can be done in two or three days.

So really it depends what stages they are in.. If they are ending the main recording stage and ready to do the final overdubs as I would think ...they can still be about right on track.

Today records can be made much faster than in the past. As well .. sometimes bands can do most of the recording for an album in three weeks time ... If the songs are written and finished already.

So if they are late or not really depends what they got going on and what type of release this is and where they are at recording wise if they want to have this out by October / November.

Seems they know what they are doing with this and I'm almost positive they wouldn't be so foolish as to let time waste away while not having a hold on this thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 06:31 by IanBillen.

Date: June 21, 2016 11:01

«Isn't it kinda late for them to be recording if they want to have this out in the fall?»

No, with the technology of today everything goes quicker.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 21, 2016 11:16

Thanks Ian for your analysis, which I have to agree with.
With the prospect of a tour, it seems incredible that they wouldn't have a new album to promote. Given that its sales figures may relatively modest by previous times, it will need all the promotion it can get. Of course they did the Autumn 1969 tour before LIB was issued which always seemed a bit bizarre.
Re recording techniques.
What comes round comes round? The first Beatles album was done in 13 hours and up to the mid 60's that was the norm.
Sgt Pepper, Brian Wilson changed all that of course.
I hope their new album doesn't sound like a 'rushed job' though. With really no other work distractions (other than the SA tour) in the last 6 months they ought to have been able to focus on what (may be) their recording swan song.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 21, 2016 11:22

jlowe
Thanks Ian for your analysis, which I have to agree with.
With the prospect of a tour, it seems incredible that they wouldn't have a new album to promote. Given that its sales figures may relatively modest by previous times, it will need all the promotion it can get. Of course they did the Autumn 1969 tour before LIB was issued which always seemed a bit bizarre.
Re recording techniques.
What comes round comes round? The first Beatles album was done in 13 hours and up to the mid 60's that was the norm.
Sgt Pepper, Brian Wilson changed all that of course.
I hope their new album doesn't sound like a 'rushed job' though. With really no other work distractions (other than the SA tour) in the last 6 months they ought to have been able to focus on what (may be) their recording swan song.
They had the "Exhibition" to arrange. Knowing Mick Jagger, he probably was quite much involved.

Date: June 21, 2016 11:22

Promotion is different these days, as we have noticed with all Stones activity the past few years..

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 21, 2016 12:47

It may not be "too late" to have something ready for the fall but the "concern" is that there aren't many indications that they put much heart/effort into that album, even less than for ABB where Mick and Keith at least spent some time together at Mick's Fourchette mansion. It seems to be very much in line with what they did for the two Grrrr...songs and at the end of the day it didn't work out too bad, so why not.

Without other writers (don't think anyone wants that) or musicians (I for one miss all the nice "outside" parts from B2B ) spending months on it isn't going to change much anyway. What's a bit sad is that they wouldn't want their current material to benefit from outside input to get the best out of it, something that Macca did (mostly) successfully for "New". It's not like they can't afford it, so why ? Too "cheap", too much of a hassle, still like to think they can wing it like in Villefranche ?

PS - yes, sorry I did mean Xeyed.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 12:49 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home