Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 11, 2016 12:03

mailexile67
Ronnie is in N.Y.C.?!?He has posted a couple of his pics on facebook in his London home one week ago...I doubt it!
Mick and then Keith said that in June they'll come back in studio to finish new album...So, I see Keith's pics in N.Y.C., Ronnie's pics in London, have news about Mick in France looking soccer European Championship...I am a little bit "confused"!confused smileyeye rolling smiley

He is still sleeping, hopefully he will wake up soon enough...smileys with beer

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 11, 2016 12:25

There is nothing to be done, I guess. It´s in the can already. Maybe even cover artwork is finished already. Maybe CD´s & LP´s are manufactured at the moment I write this down.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 11, 2016 14:02

IanBillen
mailexile67
He was at Germano's Studios in N.Y.C....Where are the others Stones?!?He record alone?!?Those pics are about new Sheryl Crow's album where there is the collaboration of Waddy Wachtel & Co...

**Ronnie was there with him as well (perhaps others were too ... we do not know...but certainly Ronnie was .. Ronnie and was photo'd outside the door of Germanos Studios with Keith smoking. Ronnie was smoking an e-cig. It was taken a day or two ago. No reports of any of the others. Perhaps they were there as well.

Ronnie was NOT there. That photo in The Sun story about his quitting smoking is from LA in 2013.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 16:57

So disappointed Don Was as a producer...(again)... Too polite sound.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 16:59 by powerage78.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 11, 2016 17:05

Don Was confused smiley.................If it's coming available I will first download it ...if it's good I buy it........

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 11, 2016 17:15

I dont think Don Was is a bad producer and I dont think their last three albums were bad produced. AAB doesnt sound "polite" or "polished" or whatever to me... the guitars on B2B sound great... VL would have been very good as a ten-track-album. The only thing I have to say against Don Was is that he did let them get away with too many mediocre songs that should not have been on the albums but in the gargage can.

At the end of the day it´s the songs, not so much the producer... I hope they have good songs. I´d love to hear the Stones sounding like the Stones - that is the reason why they are my favorites - who knows what a new producer would have done to their sound, results could have been awful.

So Don Was does not bother me, although I´d prefered Steve Lillywhite of course.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 11, 2016 17:25

bye bye johnny
IanBillen
mailexile67
He was at Germano's Studios in N.Y.C....Where are the others Stones?!?He record alone?!?Those pics are about new Sheryl Crow's album where there is the collaboration of Waddy Wachtel & Co...

**Ronnie was there with him as well (perhaps others were too ... we do not know...but certainly Ronnie was .. Ronnie and was photo'd outside the door of Germanos Studios with Keith smoking. Ronnie was smoking an e-cig. It was taken a day or two ago. No reports of any of the others. Perhaps they were there as well.

Ronnie was NOT there. That photo in The Sun story about his quitting smoking is from LA in 2013.

Oh lol my bad Sorry. I saw the article and everyone was talking about it like it was new. As well I thought Keith had the same shirt on and when I Googled Germanos studios this looks like the little door on the outside of the building in NYC.

Anyway my theory wasnt just a line. Still My bad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-11 17:26 by IanBillen.

Date: June 11, 2016 17:46

Posted by Steve Jordan, June 10:

My brother and I in the studio, of course - Germano Studios NYC!!!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 11, 2016 17:50

I said it before: the album is 80% done, only a couple of final recordings and overdubs and that's it. Keith is doing some overdubs on NY right now, Mick's in France for the Euro and won't do anything until it's over (mid July), Ronnie and Charlie's parts are done too.

According to my source the band recorded in London for two weeks on December and another week on early April, mostly blues oriented material.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 11, 2016 18:33

Since Mick is out of the studio and in France, it could be that Keith and Steve Jordan are tidying up and finishing the recordings.
If true, the main fear I have is Mick will come back with Don Was and screw it all up...

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 18:33

Rolling Stones Session separated...hehehehe

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 11, 2016 18:45

Steve and Keef are laughing, cause they deleted Micks songs.
jeroen

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 18:49

we hope it's true !! aahahahhahahahhaahaha

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 11, 2016 19:17

I believe these studio photos are from the Sheryl Crow sessions which are been produced by Steve Jordon.
Keith has a history and friendship with both of them, so it's probably a guest spot on her new release. NOT A STONES RECORDING

sc uk

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 11, 2016 19:33

corriecas
Steve and Keef are laughing, cause they deleted Micks songs.

grinning smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 20:10

straycatuk
I believe these studio photos are from the Sheryl Crow sessions which are been produced by Steve Jordon.
Keith has a history and friendship with both of them, so it's probably a guest spot on her new release. NOT A STONES RECORDING

sc uk

smiling smiley oh yes not an awful Streets of love again ! smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 11, 2016 21:39

Georgelicks, do they have decided how "handle" the material?!In your opinion there will be a double CD new stuff+Old Blues cover or an onlyone CD miscellaneous or only new stuff?!?Thanks a lot!

Date: June 11, 2016 21:51

straycatuk

Could be, but the fact that Keith was in the studio for a few days, as evidenced by @officialkeef and other tweets, could also mean that Crow dropped by while she was in town... ; )

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 11, 2016 22:13

bye bye johnny
Posted by Steve Jordan, June 10:

My brother and I in the studio, of course - Germano Studios NYC!!!

[www.facebook.com]

Steve Jordan is producing Sheryl Crow's new album.

Date: June 11, 2016 22:59

[www.facebook.com]

Take a look at the comments!
"Is Keef with Stones or recording with you guys?"
"No but Meegan and Steve will be on his record!"

His record?! confused smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 11, 2016 23:28

stones40
Mick Jagger is attending the Euro football competition with his son Lucas to watch the England matches which start Saturday 11/6/16.
This could last for 2 - 4 weeks which suggests that completing a new album is not a priority of Micks at the moment.
Info. for this was provided by Lucas's mum Luciana in national newspaper 2 part article entitled Roll Model.

Shouldn't Lucas be attending school right now?
In the UK parents get fined if their kids miss school.

Date: June 11, 2016 23:36

KRiffhard
Steve Jordan is producing Sheryl Crow's new album.

That's been mentioned a time or ten...he's also done a lot of other work at Germano Studios.

Date: June 12, 2016 05:31

georgelicks
I said it before: the album is 80% done, only a couple of final recordings and overdubs and that's it. Keith is doing some overdubs on NY right now, Mick's in France for the Euro and won't do anything until it's over (mid July), Ronnie and Charlie's parts are done too.

According to my source the band recorded in London for two weeks on December and another week on early April, mostly blues oriented material.

Thanks for the info. Ya know.. how did they do the better part of an entire album (>>or TWO??) in just three weeks time .....?

I am not denying your claim or anything such as that ... I am simply saying.. it is hard to imagine them doing enough for one album in this short time frame... let alone such a large amount as is reported they have sort of being fed to us under the radar here.

I tell ya .. they do not seem to feel the need or want to spend loads of time on it that's for damn sho Lol smh I guess perhaps what they have already and recorded thus far is plenty good enough for grade A album material. .. and I guess they have plenty enough of it??

I mean because A. the reports are they spent a mere three weeks in the studio? B. They sure as healllll seem in no big rush to put this together .. Well I mean unless it's already mostly in place as you stated and are trying to convey here.

Yowl .. I am sure they would not be so foolish .. especially at the stage of the game that they are in now.. but I HOPE they spent enough quality time on this puppy ..? I mean Geeeesh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-12 05:35 by IanBillen.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: June 12, 2016 06:18

You rock Ian.

Date: June 12, 2016 08:33

hopkins
You rock Ian.

Thank's mate.

Ya know I gave Mick and Keith allllllllll the time in the world too. I told them Eons ago ... that they could come over and we could work the songs up and really take this thing on right here ..at my place .. but Nooooooooo ... they decide to wait until the last minute and then they got all this lolly gagging around that they do ..France ...NYC ... back to London ... etc. etc. etc. ...and all this other crap.

Nothing I offer .. or do for them is ever good enough! ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-12 10:31 by IanBillen.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 12, 2016 12:39

I think that they'll come back in a London studio in ten days.They need a couple of weeks to finish new album, Mick, Keith and Don Was too said that.

Date: June 12, 2016 12:41

mailexile67
I think that they'll come back in a London studio in ten days.They need a couple of weeks to finish new album, Mick, Keith and Don Was too said that.

thumbs up Agree

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: June 12, 2016 16:55

Thanks Georgelicks for your update which covers where they are with regard to a new album and its content.
You would think that they will not release it before Cochella/Las Vegas in October.16 otherwise attendees might be expecting some new material to be played.
Please keep updating re progress and possible release date as your info. is warmly received as to its accuracy.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2016 19:23

If it's mostly blues then they don't need a lot of time. Doing good original songs requires a lot of time, as evidenced on their albums from 1968-1973 and various good songs afterwards through 1983.

Too much time with zero direction and you get total shit like DIRTY WORK.

Not enough time and why bother too much you get STEEL WHEELS.

Too much time thinking about the past you get VOODOO LOUNGE.

Too much time monkeying around with too many people you get BRIDGES TO BABYLON.

Plenty of time with some good and bad songs and hardly anyone around then decide to release almost all of it you get A BIGGER BANG.

So... one could surmise that this new release will be more of a covers and blues album rather than serious good songwriting and spending the time to record it right unless Ronnie was so good on take 1 that they decided it was good enough.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 12, 2016 19:37

jlowe
stones40
Mick Jagger is attending the Euro football competition with his son Lucas to watch the England matches which start Saturday 11/6/16.
This could last for 2 - 4 weeks which suggests that completing a new album is not a priority of Micks at the moment.
Info. for this was provided by Lucas's mum Luciana in national newspaper 2 part article entitled Roll Model.

Shouldn't Lucas be attending school right now?
In the UK parents get fined if their kids miss school.

It will not last 2-4 weeks.
Russia and England will be disqualified and sent back ASAP because of Hooliganism..... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ... "a football Brexit"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home