Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 7, 2016 00:43

Can't come soon enough.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 7, 2016 04:29

Blueranger
Even if his name are Lucas, Peter, Diane or something else, how about leaving out all speculation before he will get tired of yer all and stop providing information???

Let the guy speak and then we will see if it turns out correct in the end.

Pretty sure mpj has a sense of humor or I wouldn't have razzed him. He also knows I credit him with being the first person to break the news they were recording in London last December.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: June 7, 2016 05:52

Rocky Dijon
Blueranger
Even if his name are Lucas, Peter, Diane or something else, how about leaving out all speculation before he will get tired of yer all and stop providing information???

Pretty sure mpj has a sense of humor or I wouldn't have razzed him. He also knows I credit him with being the first person to break the news they were recording in London last December.

Humour indeed. Just nothing new to say, really. But nothing has changed either.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 7, 2016 09:40

i can't get over the fact that 11 years after their last studio album, and 52 years after their debut album, we're getting a new album. fantastic.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 7, 2016 10:23

mpj200
Rocky Dijon
Blueranger

Ya... you and Georgelicks seem to be 'in the know' as much as anyone can be around The Stones and their known secretive circle.

I'll ask because nobody has to you .. Do ya know anything about their all new material (style...quality ....etc) ..or what have ya heard in regards to it? Anything down the grapevine?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 7, 2016 10:38

IanBillen
mpj200
Rocky Dijon
Blueranger

Ya... you and Georgelicks seem to be 'in the know' as much as anyone can be around The Stones and their known secretive circle.

I'll ask because nobody has to you .. Do ya know anything about their all new material (style...quality ....etc) ..or what have ya heard in regards to it? Anything down the grapevine?

.....and are we still looking at a double album or a single? smiling smiley

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:45

Straight from Keith Facebook profile...
He'll play some bass on the new record as well as the guitar it seems

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 7, 2016 18:53

Adams
Straight from Keith Facebook profile...
He'll play some bass on the new record as well as the guitar it seems

Great news - he's got the right feel for it. thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 7, 2016 19:40

[m.facebook.com]

Are they in studio now?!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 7, 2016 19:42

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 7, 2016 20:26

New line up: Mick vocal, Keith bass, Eric and Ronnie guitars, Charlie drums and Ben keyboards.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 7, 2016 21:10

pepganzo

London?!

June 2 TS party at Paradiso
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 3, 2016 10:43

Well, really enjoyed myself. i think maybe about 400 people (press/fans) were there. They showed the paradiso concert at a large video screen.

. It was like you were there at the actual concert. great sound. Great GUITAR sound from Keef. Really liked the Connection version, when Keef hit his guitar,like he wanted to break it.

Yeah, great energy from the band. This DVD will knock you out !! Great buy.

Jeroen

Re: June 2 TS party at Paradiso
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 3, 2016 11:45

Hi Corriecas,
I posted "my review" in the totally stripped thread.
We had a great evening last night!

Just got back from the premiere of The Paradiso show at The Paradiso, Amsterdam on a big screen tonight.

This show/DVD is just incredible. I can't name a better official DVD released show.

It is so much different from everything else. Great setlist, great performance, great venue, great filming, great sound and no warhorses.

I am totally blown away by it.

Note:
I was there in 1995 and we walked out like zombies then and now everybody can see why.
Great to see a shot of me singing along to Like A Rolling Stone full screen! "HOW DOES IT FEEL" 21 years ago!

The Stones and Eric Clapton in the Studio Together
Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: June 3, 2016 04:55

Check this out. The Sun is reporting that Eric Clapton has joined the Rolling Stones in the studio in England. This will be very cool.

Rusted Tour de Michigan

[rustedtourdemichigan.blogspot.com]

Re: The Stones and Eric Clapton in the Studio Together
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 3, 2016 05:04

" MICK JAGGER, RONNIE WOOD and co decided to ask Eric to play with them after bumping into him while working on new material at their studio in Chiswick, West London.

The gang ended up recording two songs, under the watchful eye of US producer DON WAS, which are likely to appear on the band’s forthcoming blues album.

A source close to the band revealed: “Eric was in the next studio along so he came in to say hello.

“They ended up jamming and recorded two songs.

“Don reckons it’s the best thing he has ever done with the Stones.” "

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 3, 2016 06:05

My life can be complete if EC makes the trip to the Desert in October to debut the new tracks.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: June 3, 2016 06:34

That is going to be wonderful! It would be cool if he appeared in October too!

Date: June 3, 2016 06:43

jazzbass
My life can be complete if EC makes the trip to the Desert in October to debut the new tracks.

Would no doubt be a highlight among many at Desert Trip, just as his appearance(s) on the new Stones will be THE highlight(s). I imagine him unleashing some classic vintage EC solo's that will be extroardinary. Sadly, great guitar solos have been MIA from Stones records since the golden MT years - give or take a couple nice ones from Wayne Perkins and Harvey Mandel c. '76. The inclusion of Clapton gives me hope.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 3, 2016 06:55

Well this was known a bit back, the speculation that he'll join the tour is conjecture. Eric has had a bout with some health problems but perhaps "joining" The Stones would be less stressful. If you're going to add a 3rd guitarist within the same pedigree as the band it's a short list. Clapton will change the sound for sure, we've been thrilled to endure what's come at us for the last 3 or 4 years but it is what it is, a belly laugh of foolery, prayers and antics. The Stones going back to their blues roots demands a soloist with better chops than most of the kids in the building. The loss of Bobby Keys makes this double urgent, the new sax guy is just occupying space, not to be cruel but The Stones lost star power when Keys departed. RIP..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 06:59 by DoomandGloom.

Date: June 3, 2016 11:46

Hairball
jazzbass

Would no doubt be a highlight among many at Desert Trip, just as his appearance(s) on the new Stones will be THE highlight(s). I imagine him unleashing some classic vintage EC solo's that will be extroardinary. Sadly, great guitar solos have been MIA from Stones records since the golden MT years - give or take a couple nice ones from Wayne Perkins and Harvey Mandel c. '76. The inclusion of Clapton gives me hope.

That's funny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 12:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 3, 2016 12:16

DoomandGloom
Well this was known a bit back, the speculation that he'll join the tour is conjecture. Eric has had a bout with some health problems but perhaps "joining" The Stones would be less stressful. The loss of Bobby Keys makes this double urgent, the new sax guy is just occupying space, not to be cruel but The Stones lost star power when Keys departed. RIP..

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 3, 2016 12:54

Ha ha, guess that stuff will remain in the vaults like Carnival To Rio back in 75.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 3, 2016 13:48

if Slowhand makes it on to the "new album" i will be in ecstacy and ditto if he makes it on to a concert stage A-LA Atlantic city 12/89 .That for me would be a break the vault moment and ditto if it's those back of the neck hair raising EC solos

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 3, 2016 14:00

How many threads will there be on the same story??.....confused smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 3, 2016 17:55

DandelionPowderman
Hairball
jazzbass

That's funny

excellent.

Date: June 3, 2016 18:11

duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
Hairball
jazzbass

That's funny

excellent.

Not too shabby, but those solos are somewhat average (sigh) and haphazard (undercover).
Just a matter of taste I suppose, but they're a far cry from the greatness that I was referring to.

ps - I forgot how goofy Mick looks and acts in the AHYS video c. '90 - thanks for the reminder. eye rolling smiley

Date: June 3, 2016 18:27

To me they are both great, for different reasons smiling smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 3, 2016 18:54

DandelionPowderman
They are, but I think we're talking about big, screaming, ecstasy-inducing electric guitar solos.

When I think about the chills that STILL go up my back when I listen to the solos in Comfortably Numb or Stairway to Heaven for the thousandth time...I only get feeling that with the Stones from the MT years.

I'm not saying the Stones need that sound...they're not a guitar hero band, but it WAS a benefit of the MT era that's mostly gone missing.

Date: June 3, 2016 19:57

keefriff99
DandelionPowderman
They are, but I think we're talking about big, screaming, ecstasy-inducing electric guitar solos.

When I think about the chills that STILL go up my back when I listen to the solos in Comfortably Numb or Stairway to Heaven for the thousandth time...I only get feeling that with the Stones from the MT years.

I'm not saying the Stones need that sound...they're not a guitar hero band, but it WAS a benefit of the MT era that's mostly gone missing.

Well were talking about great solos, and that's subjective, of course smiling smiley

For big, screaming, perfect extended solos I listen to other bands than the Stones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1242
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home