Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 30, 2016 02:02

Stoneage
Are people fabricating facts on this site? What's the point with that?

On the off chance their guess is right, they feel SO self important and righteous.
On the on chance their guess is wrong, you'll never hear of it again.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-31 16:15 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 30, 2016 02:36

So how will a new album affect the live setlist? When it's done and out, my guess is they'll fit one or two into the live setlist, but no more. We won't be seeing any sets like the Some Girls tour again. The new one(s) won't add much to the set time if they play slightly shorter versions of some of the hits. A few of the hits tend to run a bit long. Twenty songs in two hours, fifteen minutes is the best we can expect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-30 04:47 by ab.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 30, 2016 04:58

Stoneage

All of it is rumor, not fact. Whether your source is close to someone in the studio or the record label, you never know if they were fed misinformation or if it was guesswork you're spreading by posting online. I was told to expect a single disc release with a couple of blues numbers only (probably originals at that) while others are positive we're getting two discs with one featuring 11 blues covers. I heard the guest guitarists rumors were fabricated from what they did live a couple years ago and is just speculation based on an off-the-cuff jam with Clapton. Others are sure we will see heavyweight guitar guests (not Mr. Taylor) on the blues disc. We'll see. I don't doubt Soldatti or anyone else, but the point is no one here has heard the tracks or knows where things stand definitively. We're hearing things from people close to the source or on the marketing side. How close and how trustworthy we can't be certain. I doubt anyone is winding people up for the fun of it. We're fans, we're curious. I look at the rumors of two discs and think they're finally doing the blues album, just like Mick planned on releasing twice (1993 and 2008) after cutting one with The Red Devils in 1992. It's plausible he'd do this with the Stones now. I look to what I've heard personally and think they're describing the same sort of album they've made for years and that seems practical as far as guesswork. Who knows? We'll know more later this summer in all likelihood. Just a short time ago people were saying Chris Kimsey was producing. I take everything with a grain of salt. Nothing is set in Stone until it's mixed and mastered.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 30, 2016 07:05

With no offense to anyone on this board, with regard to this thread I am relying on reports from TeddyB and Georgelicks.

Happy Memorial Day everyone.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-30 07:34 by Maindefender.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 30, 2016 08:02

Maindefender
With no offense to anyone on this board, with regard to this thread I am relying on reports from TeddyB and Georgelicks.

Happy Memorial Day everyone.....

...and don't forget mpj200 winking smiley

Date: May 30, 2016 08:11

Rocky Dijon
Stoneage

All of it is rumor, not fact. Whether your source is close to someone in the studio or the record label, you never know if they were fed misinformation or if it was guesswork you're spreading by posting online. I was told to expect a single disc release with a couple of blues numbers only (probably originals at that) while others are positive we're getting two discs with one featuring 11 blues covers. I heard the guest guitarists rumors were fabricated from what they did live a couple years ago and is just speculation based on an off-the-cuff jam with Clapton. Others are sure we will see heavyweight guitar guests (not Mr. Taylor) on the blues disc. We'll see. I don't doubt Soldatti or anyone else, but the point is no one here has heard the tracks or knows where things stand definitively. We're hearing things from people close to the source or on the marketing side. How close and how trustworthy we can't be certain. I doubt anyone is winding people up for the fun of it. We're fans, we're curious. I look at the rumors of two discs and think they're finally doing the blues album, just like Mick planned on releasing twice (1993 and 2008) after cutting one with The Red Devils in 1992. It's plausible he'd do this with the Stones now. I look to what I've heard personally and think they're describing the same sort of album they've made for years and that seems practical as far as guesswork. Who knows? We'll know more later this summer in all likelihood. Just a short time ago people were saying Chris Kimsey was producing. I take everything with a grain of salt. Nothing is set in Stone until it's mixed and mastered.

thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 30, 2016 23:58

ab
So how will a new album affect the live setlist?

Not too sure...I think in Italy it'll mean a showcase spot for the new maudlin ballad & lead single.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 31, 2016 02:41

you're awful bright.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 31, 2016 03:05

The Album is coming out June 5th. It is on 'cassette' only. It is a techno effort.

It was recorded in Israel. Director, Spike Lee produced it .. ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-31 03:07 by IanBillen.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2016 03:12

Natlanta
you're awful bright.

and awful smart!

Date: May 31, 2016 09:00

treaclefingers
Natlanta
you're awful bright.

and awful smart!

.. I must admit.. You ..... got me rocking now!!

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 31, 2016 11:28

There is a rumor going around that it is their best album since exile

Date: May 31, 2016 11:39

Turner68

...or since 'Tattoo You'!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 31, 2016 12:06

Turner68

Sounds familiar to me. I guess I heard the very same rumor in 1989, 1994, 1997, 2005grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 31, 2016 12:23

Turner68

Yeah, i heard its as good as Let it bleed, and Brian Jones will have a guest spot on it.
Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 31, 2016 12:26

corriecas
Turner68

Yeah, i heard its as good as Let it bleed, and Brian Jones will have a guest spot on it.
Jeroen

True. They discoverd a private tape with Jones on marimba and included a few bars of that. smiling smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: May 31, 2016 14:24

...Since ABB!grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 31, 2016 14:34

Ian Billen
The Album is coming out June 5th. It is on 'cassette' only. It is a techno effort.

Perfect! I'll go with that, Ian. But - can you play a cassette on your laptop?

Date: May 31, 2016 14:39

Yep...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 31, 2016 14:59

Great Dandelion. Good to see that technology is taking a big leap forward!

Date: May 31, 2016 15:13

If anything, it puts things in perspective.

To the left: How the Stones record nowadays. To the right: How Keith recorded Street Fighting Man and Parachute Woman.

smoking smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 1, 2016 05:06

i looked it up and maudlin actually has nothing to do with Bea Arthur.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 1, 2016 10:36

In all seriousness, though, IF September/October IS anywhere near correct, as mooted elsewhere on this thread, as release dates, and given their appearance at OldChella, or whatever that festival is called, shouldn't we be hearing, like, ACTUAL news soon?

Rod

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 1, 2016 13:57

It's gonna be the best Rolling Stones album with new songs in a decade!!!!!!!!! Surely

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 1, 2016 15:01

KeithNacho
It's gonna be the best Rolling Stones album with new songs in a decade!!!!!!!!! Surely

I'm with you on that. Amen, brother! smoking smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 1, 2016 20:40

DandelionPowderman
If anything, it puts things in perspective.

To the left: How the Stones record nowadays. To the right: How Keith recorded Street Fighting Man and Parachute Woman.

smoking smiley

This I doubt! grinning smiley

That kind of modern stuff was not at hand for Keith by that time, hehehe.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 2, 2016 00:20

KeithNacho
smileys with beer
jeroen

Date: June 2, 2016 01:00

Stoneage
Ian Billen

Perfect! I'll go with that, Ian. But - can you play a cassette on your laptop?

Yupp ... DandelionPowder just showed us the way.

Who says you can't have all convenience of digital and the sound of analog? .. .. .. .. ......

Date: June 2, 2016 01:12

bitusa2012
In all seriousness, though, IF September/October IS anywhere near correct, as mooted elsewhere on this thread, as release dates, and given their appearance at OldChella, or whatever that festival is called, shouldn't we be hearing, like, ACTUAL news soon?

Normally by this time .. if the album was to come out in the fall .. they would be 'well into it'.. or at least approaching the ending segment of it at this point and time.

Makes you wonder..? .. >> Have they been / are they working on it here and again while they all are staying in London? (seems quite possible). If they have not .. or either way ... They are 'positively' scheduled to go into the studio this month once again (June).

I am guessing it will not be until early to mid July - (possibly even into early August) that we ....'may' ... get the next word on what is taking place and how the album is .. maybe a bit of what it's like ...

I am very much excited about it as well as you and am wondering myself ..

Either they have it already well under wraps or they have a major part of the album to finish off yet? Reports have been they did enough for an entire blues album (of covers) = factual .. Per Don Was .. and that they have original original songs they want to complete and finish as well = factual.. Don Was.

Reports have been the album of new stuff is 60% finished already (!). No official word on how we will get the album of blues stuff as opposed to the new stuff and in what order.. or perhaps together?

Again .. I'm excited (and wondering about all this) myself.

Ian

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-02 01:22 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 2, 2016 02:25

We didn't know A BIGGER BANG title until the press release on Jagger's birthday July 26, 2005 and the album was released I think September 6th so we have a ways to go

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home