Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 12, 2016 21:19

Take a look at what this guy writes on Rocksoff.org:
"The new stuff has been played for certain people and it is very good. There are at least 3 singles on the album"
"...There are rumored to be some very controversial songs on this album..."
[rocksoff.org]

Can't wait!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 12, 2016 21:46

Wouldn't give those comments any weight.

The next time "this guy" posts anything serious and/or informative will be the first time.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 12, 2016 21:49

...there are always 3 singles from a Stones album...!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 12, 2016 22:07

GasLightStreet
DW doesn't kick ass or kick anyone's ass.

This time you MUST be joking.
If songs like Dirty Work, Had It With You, One Hit, Fight, Winning Ugly dont kick ass, your ass maybe is not in place anymoresmiling bouncing smiley

DW is the goddamn most ass-kicking album The Stones ever released. It is not their best album ever, but their most ass-kicking. It kicks you right to the dark side of the moon and beyond. Fight is one of R n R´s most ass-kicking songs, everyone who´s got an ass, should be aware of it.

I dont think the new album will be their greatest album ever, but I hope for at least half a dozen of ass-kicking songs and DW wouldn´t be a bad role model.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 13, 2016 00:32

HMS
GasLightStreet
DW doesn't kick ass or kick anyone's ass.

This time you MUST be joking.
If songs like Dirty Work, Had It With You, One Hit, Fight, Winning Ugly dont kick ass, your ass maybe is not in place anymore

Elevator rock music. Schmutz. Forced dog shit onto tape.

Date: July 13, 2016 00:34

HMS
DW is the goddamn most ass-kicking album The Stones ever released

It's not even weird anymore how you can confuse STICKY FINGERS or LET IT BLEED or EXILE ON MAIN STREET yet among a few others for something placid, limp, pointless and worthless from 1986.

Date: July 13, 2016 00:46

If any serious Stones fan wishes for the next LP or LPs to be good they are hoping they do not have any, as in even 1%, of the essence of the vomit on DIRTY WORK, and anyone that does is a kook - and not a serious Stones fan.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 13, 2016 01:05

That dude on Rocks Off was blasted on sour mash & cheap wine.

Date: July 13, 2016 01:10

Every serious Stones-fan should be lucky if this time they manage to conjure up the spirit of Dirty Work (song) or Had It With You - it´s the essence of what The Stones are all about, so to speak. Your persistance of ignoring that is quite astonishing.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 13, 2016 02:52

HMS
Every serious Stones-fan should be lucky if this time they manage to conjure up the spirit of Dirty Work (song) or Had It With You - it´s the essence of what The Stones are all about, so to speak. Your persistance of ignoring that is quite astonishing.

The spirit of DW? Please. Incoherent thrashing about on songs like Had It With You? Or the excrement of Fight? One Hit is a classic. Harlem Shuffle is their last great cover, with Wyman shining. And Winning Ugly needs more work, but the lyrics are good. And Sleep Tonight is sweet. But the rest of it is flushable.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: July 13, 2016 02:58

Flushable? That's being very generous.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 13, 2016 04:57

HMS

With all do respect HMS, you must be "joking" or teasing us with all this love
for the Dirty Work album. You are seeming a little obsessed - but I assume you
are just kidding.

Date: July 13, 2016 05:26

Perks LOVES Dirty Work.

The last record with dirt & snarl.

Last record where Mick had a set.

Date: July 13, 2016 08:25

BILLPERKS
Perks LOVES Dirty Work.

The last record with dirt & snarl.

Last record where Mick had a set.

Well we all have our favorites and I do love the song "One Hit". However, I think there is some "snarl" left on the latter albums as well. Although I agree the "snarl" has softened a bit over the decades. I have no knowledge of Mick's "set"; however, I'm sorry to hear he lost it after the Dirty Work album - must have been a painful recording session.

Date: July 13, 2016 17:30

HMS

There's nothing to choose to ignore when something sucks - nothing on DW is worthy of any kind of inspiration. There is no Rolling Stones essence on DIRTY WORK with possible exception to Harlem Shuffle - and that's only because of Keith wanting them to do it for so long.

Your insistence on shining a turd is the revelation of a kook, not a serious Stones fan. A true serious Stones fan understands certain things - and you are not one of those.

Date: July 13, 2016 17:32

24FPS
HMS

The spirit of DW? Please. Incoherent thrashing about on songs like Had It With You? Or the excrement of Fight? One Hit is a classic. Harlem Shuffle is their last great cover, with Wyman shining. And Winning Ugly needs more work, but the lyrics are good. And Sleep Tonight is sweet. But the rest of it is flushable.

Winning Ugly needs to be deleted from the discography, not more work. One Hit a classic? Classic snooze. Sleep Tonight, yeah, sure, it's sweet - but there's nothing original about it; it's a rip off of a much better Stones song.

I agree with the rest... ha ha.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: July 13, 2016 17:56

KRiffhard

"...There are rumored to be some very controversial songs on this agrinning smileyeye popping smileylbum..."
[rocksoff.org]

Can't wait!

Maybe some Superheavy outtakes ????eye popping smiley

Scaring grinning smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 13, 2016 18:09

5strings
KRiffhard

"...There are rumored to be some very controversial songs on this agrinning smileyeye popping smileylbum..."
[rocksoff.org]

Can't wait!

Scaring grinning smiley

OMG...would be a nightmare. eye popping smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 13, 2016 18:10

"Snarl" that's something I haven't thought of for ages. This is why I love reading IORR, you guys keep me informed. Some people love Dirty Work and I don't know why. As they say "to each is own". Back to the new album, I think they're putting a lot of work into it and suspect it will pay off. But at the same time I hope they're not over producing it. Fingers are crossed.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 13, 2016 19:36

KRiffhard
5strings
KRiffhard

[rocksoff.org]

Can't wait!

Scaring grinning smiley

OMG...would be a nightmare. eye popping smiley

New "Neocon" songs for Trump and Clinton....smileys with beer

Date: July 13, 2016 19:51

Well..DW has some gems. There are a few classics on there that NO ONE else could do. The trouble IMO with DW is that the bad is just ....so bad!
My relationship with Dirty Work is, that 'Bad Stones' is better than 'Good Most Other Bands'.

I go back & forth on the new album. One minute I fear it will be just more rushed, shrill, compressed chord changes with generic lyrics on top; and then I remember just how often the Stones have shown me up, and blown me away, left me standing for a fool because they tore it up once again.
It could be that Jagger knows, he's got to know, that this is their last. And that they do it right. It's up to him.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 13, 2016 21:35

It ain't over 'til it's over. This may not be the "last time" but will be a damn good album….>grinning smiley<

Date: July 13, 2016 22:47

Palace Revolution 2000
The trouble IMO with DW is that the bad is just ....so bad!

Even if I force myself to be very critical, I am not able to find anything "bad" on DW. I Would be delighted to find on the new album such "bad" stuff as on DW.

What scares me a bit is that saying of "some may be surprised", "some very controversial songs".... I hope they dont use electronics and computer-generated sounds on the new album. What else should be surprising or controversial? MJ used electronics on Goddess and it was a flop. Maybe he doesn´t remember anymore.

With the immortal words of Lou Reed: You cant beat guitars, bass & drums.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 13, 2016 23:08

If IORR Tell Me was released as a book: How many pages would it contain and would someone buy it?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 14, 2016 00:41

Palace Revolution 2000
My relationship with Dirty Work is, that 'Bad Stones' is better than 'Good Most Other Bands'.

In this case I prefer almost any other good most bands.
I know my limits.

Anyway,I'm glad when the new album comes near to the quality of Keith last album.

Date: July 14, 2016 00:53

Stoneage
If IORR Tell Me was released as a book: How many pages would it contain and would someone buy it?

Textbook for narcissistic pathology class perhaps ?

Date: July 14, 2016 00:54

Why they call it different? double album? covers ?
I think there is something different . I think what is different is the sound

Date: July 14, 2016 01:25

HMS
Palace Revolution 2000
The trouble IMO with DW is that the bad is just ....so bad!

Even if I force myself to be very critical, I am not able to find anything "bad" on DW. I Would be delighted to find on the new album such "bad" stuff as on DW.

What scares me a bit is that saying of "some may be surprised", "some very controversial songs".... I hope they dont use electronics and computer-generated sounds on the new album. What else should be surprising or controversial? MJ used electronics on Goddess and it was a flop. Maybe he doesn´t remember anymore.

With the immortal words of Lou Reed: You cant beat guitars, bass & drums.

Agreed HMS, the aspect of "surprised" could be taken as a negative or a positive.
Personally I have never disliked a new Stones record - so I'm not too worried.
A few surprises can be a good thing. I liked ABB, Bridges and Voodo. We will see
soon.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 14, 2016 01:48

so much grumpiness, I just dont get that.

I am ecstatic for a new album coming soon from these guys**

It is unreal and so far above and beyond my wildest hopes back in 19xx.

STONES!!!

** And I will ignore most peoples reviews of the upcoming album because more than likely they are already 95% written, will probably filled with canned expressions and boring opinions about "how it used to be" in 1972 and how it should be in 2016... yadda yadda yadda

Date: July 14, 2016 01:58

jambay
so much grumpiness, I just dont get that.

I am ecstatic for a new album coming soon from these guys**

It is unreal and so far above and beyond my wildest hopes back in 19xx.

STONES!!!

** And I will ignore most peoples reviews of the upcoming album because more than likely they are already 95% written, will probably filled with canned expressions and boring opinions about "how it used to be" in 1972 and how it should be in 2016... yadda yadda yadda

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...103104105106107108109110111112113...LastNext
Current Page: 108 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home