Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 14, 2016 02:08

DandelionPowderman
jambay
so much grumpiness, I just dont get that.

I am ecstatic for a new album coming soon from these guys**

It is unreal and so far above and beyond my wildest hopes back in 19xx.

STONES!!!

** And I will ignore most peoples reviews of the upcoming album because more than likely they are already 95% written, will probably filled with canned expressions and boring opinions about "how it used to be" in 1972 and how it should be in 2016... yadda yadda yadda

thumbs up
smileys with beer

And ya know speaking "how it used to be" in 1972... in the mail today came my Ladies and Gentlemen box set thing I bought the other day, and it is fun!!! It is basically mint condition has a scarf, poster, film cell, book...3 DVDs.... and I have been am watching the main attraction for the last hour... and hell yeah!!! it kicks ass!! MT really shredrocks the hell out of those songs. Blistering

It/they WAS/WERE great in 72... and in 75... and in 81... and in 89 ...and 94/95 and 98 and 02/03 and 2006 and last year... they are always great!!!... It is like Hans says...

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-14 02:09 by jambay.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: July 14, 2016 11:49

HMS
Fight is one of R n R´s most ass-kicking songs, everyone who´s got an ass, should be aware of it.

LOL. Some of your descriptions of DW are better than the album itself.

The new album will keep me happy for a few weeks but just like the last one and the one before that the buzz will fade quickly and I’ll go back into Exile. I know it’s like a self-fulfilling prophecy but the downward spiral has not paused for even one record in the last 30 years. Dirty Work contains some absurdly bad songs but it’s still, on the whole, better than the records that came after it. Deny reality if you wish though.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 14, 2016 16:59

Palace Revolution 2000
Well..DW has some gems. There are a few classics on there that NO ONE else could do. The trouble IMO with DW is that the bad is just ....so bad!
My relationship with Dirty Work is, that 'Bad Stones' is better than 'Good Most Other Bands'.

I can not have a biased view like you do. There are a lot of Good Most Other Bands that are better than Bad Stones... especially DIRTY WORK.

Saying DW has some gems is the equivalent to having crappy reception with an HDTV - it's still an HD horrible picture.

Date: July 14, 2016 17:01

HMS
Palace Revolution 2000
The trouble IMO with DW is that the bad is just ....so bad!

Even if I force myself to be very critical, I am not able to find anything "bad" on DW. I Would be delighted to find on the new album such "bad" stuff as on DW.

That's because you love bad music.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 14, 2016 18:13

GasLightStreet
HMS
Palace Revolution 2000

Even if I force myself to be very critical, I am not able to find anything "bad" on DW. I Would be delighted to find on the new album such "bad" stuff as on DW.

Maybe because "One Hit" has a lot in common with the music of all these awful 80's moppy-haired MOR metal poser "bands"...
...and the accompanying video was actually just that: posing at its worst, a moment in time when the Stones really looked silly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-14 18:15 by alimente.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 14, 2016 18:19

I really like the "Harlem Shuffle" / "Had It With You" single. That was great and set my expectations high that we were going to get some sort of latterday Chess sessions for an LP. There was nothing else like them on the album, of course.

"Back to Zero" isn't bad as their funk numbers go and the bridge is catchy. Other than the drumming and vocals, "One Hit (to the Body)," "Fight," "Hold Back," and "Dirty Work" are quite good. Mind you, that's acknowledging they are crippled as songs.

"Winning Ugly" is a mildly interesting misfire. "Too Rude" is great. "Sleep Tonight" is comparable to what Dylan was attempting on EMPIRE BURLESQUE with tracks like "Emotionally Yours." I liked it better at the time than I do now.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 14, 2016 18:31

reached page 109 of this thread the casual rolling stones band leader member visiting could opt for a deluxe reissue of dirty work in 180gram gold wax vinyl instead of releasing a new album

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 14, 2016 20:13

maumau
reached page 109 of this thread the casual rolling stones band leader member visiting could opt for a deluxe reissue of dirty work in 180gram gold wax vinyl instead of releasing a new album

I hope so!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 14, 2016 20:20

Monsoon Ragoon
maumau

I hope so!

Only if there's a bonus side showing the development from demo to disc for Had It With You and Fight.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: July 15, 2016 16:43

Why do I check the end of this thread every day for actual news on the new album and see a debate over Dirty Work?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 15, 2016 17:17

Shott
Why do I check the end of this thread every day for actual news on the new album and see a debate over Dirty Work?
smileys with beersmileys with beer
Jeroen

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 15, 2016 17:25

it seems this is the Dirty work debate page..

Date: July 15, 2016 17:55

alimente
GasLightStreet
HMS
Palace Revolution 2000

Maybe because "One Hit" has a lot in common with the music of all these awful 80's moppy-haired MOR metal poser "bands"...
...and the accompanying video was actually just that: posing at its worst, a moment in time when the Stones really looked silly.

I feel like, had Mick said they were mocking hair metal in the 1980s, the album may have done slightly better. After all, he did say that was the motivation for some of Some Girl's tracks (like 'Lies'- LOVE that song!).

As a side-note, no matter how much you love that album, you have to admit it's a little sad that it's only acknowledged single was a cover of a 1960s soul song. Heck, I almost think Mick, Ron, Keith, Charlie, and probably Bill would all like to forget that whole album! 1989/1990 was the only time I ever remember hearing that they'd done any DW tracks like ('Harlem Shuffle,' because of course, and 'One Hit').

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 15, 2016 21:03

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
alimente
GasLightStreet
HMS
Palace Revolution 2000

I feel like, had Mick said they were mocking hair metal in the 1980s, the album may have done slightly better. After all, he did say that was the motivation for some of Some Girl's tracks (like 'Lies'- LOVE that song!).

As a side-note, no matter how much you love that album, you have to admit it's a little sad that it's only acknowledged single was a cover of a 1960s soul song. Heck, I almost think Mick, Ron, Keith, Charlie, and probably Bill would all like to forget that whole album! 1989/1990 was the only time I ever remember hearing that they'd done any DW tracks like ('Harlem Shuffle,' because of course, and 'One Hit').

Including Harlem Shuffle in future setlists would do no harm. One Hit unfortunately doesnt work live very well... the main reason they never did many DW-songs live is simply because Mick would have to sing very powerful and this would ruin his voice all too soon. Keith doing Too Rude live would be a special treat. Sleep Tonight wouldnt be stadium-compatible.

Btw, Mick´s hairdo aside I think the One Hit-clip is one of their all-time-best. The hairdo is ridiculous only in hindsight, back then hardly anyone cared about it. That´s the way hair was in those days.

I wonder if they can manage to deliver a new album as good as DW or at least ABB. I hope so, but at the same time I´m in doubt. Mick´s studio-voice didnt sound very good post-ABB (besides glorious Doom And Gloom), it starts to get thin and whiny, an inevitable side-effect of approaching old age, I guess. The man doesnt smoke enough and drinks hardly liquor... Keith´s voice on the other hand has grown better with consuming unhealthy things.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: July 15, 2016 21:29

How did this thread become a Dirty Work discussion? Isn't there an "album talk" thread for that vile piece of crap? Please take it over there.

Thanks!!

Date: July 15, 2016 22:01

HMS is secretly hyping up the new album - that nobody factually knows anything about - by blowing really hard about their worst album. Again.

Think of it as a kind of preservation through neglect.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 15, 2016 23:01

Ross
How did this thread become a Dirty Work discussion? Isn't there an "album talk" thread for that vile piece of crap? Please take it over there.

Thanks!!

thumbs up

Date: July 16, 2016 03:25

I still like the songs such as One Hit To the Body- I feel lucky that I saw them do it 9/1/1989 because I am not sure- did it stay in the set much longer?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 16, 2016 04:39

You're of course, correct. We shouldn't be discussing DIRTY WORK or any other album here. However, consider what a typical new album / tour post reads like during the blackout period for information...

"The new album will be amazing like all the others" vs. "the new album will disappoint like all the others since 1981. I'm not sure why I've stuck with them every day of my life for the last 35 years."

IORRian #1: "I have inside information. The new album is amazing."
IORRian #2: "Screw you, you'e a troll."
IORRian #3: "Don't offend him or he won't tell us anything else!"

IORRian Legion: "B.V. give us inside information and compromise your contacts within the organization! We can't wait for a press release."
B.V.: "Okay, there will be a new album this Fall and they will play more than three shows."
IORRian Legion: "Gosh, thanks, B.V.! That's amazing! Everyone, we have real information now!"

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 16, 2016 07:06

I heard it was going to be the first one since the last one but I could be wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-16 07:16 by hopkins.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 16, 2016 08:48

This thread is about the NEW Rolling Stones studio album. If you want to discuss other topics please use another thread. Off topic posts may be deleted. Please do respec the IORR posting policy, otherwise it will be a mess here, and you don't want to be part of a mess, right?

Bjornulf

Date: July 16, 2016 12:00

bv
This thread is about the NEW Rolling Stones studio album. If you want to discuss other topics please use another thread. Off topic posts may be deleted. Please do respec the IORR posting policy, otherwise it will be a mess here, and you don't want to be part of a mess, right?

You're right BV...but give us some news!!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Misterjimmy ()
Date: July 16, 2016 22:33

I just hope the new music is out before the vegas show. want to get pumped up before we go. been wanting them to do more blues for a long time so I hope that what they did. smoking smiley

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 17, 2016 09:24

I hope the new album will include "English Summer", "Panama Powder Room" and a good
version of "Gangster's Mol".

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 17, 2016 09:38

wupperstein
I hope the new album will include "English Summer", "Panama Powder Room" and a good

What about Scarlet,Because,The train song...
Jeroen

Date: July 17, 2016 09:39

wupperstein

Old outtakes?! I don't think so.
1 Cd of Mick's demos and 2 Keef songs and 1 Cd of Blues covers.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 17, 2016 12:10

KRiffhard
wupperstein

Would not mind Tattoo Two. Never heard of Panama Powder Room....confused smiley

Date: July 17, 2016 12:40

corriecas
wupperstein

What about Scarlet,Because,The train song...
Jeroen

The Train Song came out on Emotional Rescue (All About You).

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 17, 2016 15:39

hopkins
I heard it was going to be the first one since the last one but I could be wrong.

I doubt that, but it's indeed a possibility.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 17, 2016 21:11

KRiffhard
wupperstein

This.
I agree with you, as always.
They have to release a double album. New songs and blues covers. Past and present.
smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home