Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:24

HMS
I want it to sound vital, aggressive, sometimes angry and guitar-heavy. I want an album that feels like a hit to the body! I want it just to rock and roll hard and kick our asses (just like AAB & DW do).

DW doesn't kick ass or kick anyone's ass. I told you - when you post this is what should come to mind:

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:25

This was just published. Is there a new ABKO compilation coming out or is this guy designing the new album cover?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:31

Bashlets
[www.somersetlive.co.uk]

"...created an album cover for a new The Rolling Stones compilation"eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Oh my goodness they´re going to re-release "Rewind" add three new songs and that´s iteye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-09 19:37 by HMS.

Date: July 9, 2016 19:36

Original 1970s Collector's Posters - The Golden Age of Fantasy Art.

Description:
Published by the Big O Poster Co. between 1975 and 1978, these posters (100 x 50cm) are now rare. We have a very small quantity of each of seven images for sale.

[www.rodneymatthews.com]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:40

The article hints at recreating this artwork for something new? Is it the new album or do the Klein kids have something else up there sleeve?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:47

From the Somerset Live article:

"Earlier this year Rodney was contacted by Coda Publishing Ltd to ask if his image could be used on a limited edition bronze vinyl collector's anthology featuring rare performances from the live broadcasts recorded in America during the Brian Jones era."

So, not a new album.

Posted by: GlimmerTimes2 ()
Date: July 9, 2016 21:13

After all is said and done, the legacy will always be the music

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 9, 2016 23:14

This limited edition live "Brian Jones era" compilation of live performances is something separate from the new album the Stones have been recording over the last 9 months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-10 00:20 by Woz.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 9, 2016 23:55

HMS
Regarding the last couple of albums, I have trimmed down VL, B2B & ABB to 37-40 min runtime albums. To me, those shortened versions are very good albums, I love to listen to regularly. They are not great, but very good including some moments of greatness. The problem with latter day Stones-albums is that they packed too many songs, somes of them subpar, some just clunkers on the albums. Leave them out, add a single-b-side here and there and you´ll see that they still shine.

For instance, I like my 37-minute-version of Bridges better than albums like SG, GHS or IORR. Well maybe it is not exactly as good as DW or Undercover but all in all pretty much the same level.

With the last three albums they gave us a lot of songs and everyone of us found a lot songs to complain about, but the amount of songs gives us the chance to create our own 40-minutes-versions. We will never agree what songs to leave out, but most of us would find at least 10 great/very good/good songs.

Listening to my shorter versions of ABB, VL & B2B I honestly cannot find any signs of decline, they are still the world´s greatest r n r band!

I hope the new one is going to be a 40-minutes-record like in the old days, where they carefully selected which tracks are really worth to be included.

Its good to give the fans a lot of songs, one enjoys this and one enjoys that but on the other hand it's not good for the album when it comes to rating it, since everyone finds 4-5 songs he considers "useless crap". VL as they released it for me is disappointing but my own version which includes also some b-sides is nearly a treat and surely not worse than most of their other albums. So I think they didnt lost their guts and their balls, the problem is the amount of songs they have and that they dont seem to care anymore what to leave in and what to leave out.

I agree HMS stick with 37-45 minutes of great material. I gave ABB a listen today and agree it could have been great with proper streamlining. The "keep 'em wanting more" method should be employed, as released just too redundant. I say once again We Don't Wanna Go Home should have been included.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 10, 2016 00:02

bye bye johnny
From the Somerset Live article:

"Earlier this year Rodney was contacted by Coda Publishing Ltd to ask if his image could be used on a limited edition bronze vinyl collector's anthology featuring rare performances from the live broadcasts recorded in America during the Brian Jones era."

So, not a new album.

But an intriguing release none the less.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 10, 2016 00:08

Coda Publishing Ltd. is a bootleg company. "Bootleg" in this case means "unauthorized, but legal". There's no involvement from the Stones at all.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: July 10, 2016 06:19

HMS
Bashlets
[www.somersetlive.co.uk]

"...created an album cover for a new The Rolling Stones compilation"eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley

Oh my goodness they´re going to re-release "Rewind" add three new songs and that´s iteye popping smiley

Don't be silly.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 10, 2016 12:50

mpj200
HMS
Bashlets
[www.somersetlive.co.uk]

Don't be silly.

Mpj, i'm very curious about new stuff...especially after Ronnie's son interview: "I've heard snippets of the album, yes, it's amazing. It's different - I can't say different how, cause I wouldn't want to ruin it - but it's good".

Different?! eye rolling smiley

Date: July 10, 2016 15:35

¨ eye rolling smileydifferent? I not surprise me , sounding electric blues.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 10, 2016 16:59

"It's different" means... he can't remember how they sound in the studio because it's been 300 @#$%& years since they did a record!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 10, 2016 17:25

GasLightStreet
"It's different" means... he can't remember how they sound in the studio because it's been 300 @#$%& years since they did a record!
smileys with beerdrinking smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 10, 2016 18:18

GasLightStreet

thumbs up >grinning smiley<

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 10, 2016 21:05

Maindefender
HMS
Regarding the last couple of albums, I have trimmed down VL, B2B & ABB to 37-40 min runtime albums. To me, those shortened versions are very good albums, I love to listen to regularly. They are not great, but very good including some moments of greatness. The problem with latter day Stones-albums is that they packed too many songs, somes of them subpar, some just clunkers on the albums. Leave them out, add a single-b-side here and there and you´ll see that they still shine.

For instance, I like my 37-minute-version of Bridges better than albums like SG, GHS or IORR. Well maybe it is not exactly as good as DW or Undercover but all in all pretty much the same level.

With the last three albums they gave us a lot of songs and everyone of us found a lot songs to complain about, but the amount of songs gives us the chance to create our own 40-minutes-versions. We will never agree what songs to leave out, but most of us would find at least 10 great/very good/good songs.

Listening to my shorter versions of ABB, VL & B2B I honestly cannot find any signs of decline, they are still the world´s greatest r n r band!

I hope the new one is going to be a 40-minutes-record like in the old days, where they carefully selected which tracks are really worth to be included.

Its good to give the fans a lot of songs, one enjoys this and one enjoys that but on the other hand it's not good for the album when it comes to rating it, since everyone finds 4-5 songs he considers "useless crap". VL as they released it for me is disappointing but my own version which includes also some b-sides is nearly a treat and surely not worse than most of their other albums. So I think they didnt lost their guts and their balls, the problem is the amount of songs they have and that they dont seem to care anymore what to leave in and what to leave out.

I agree HMS stick with 37-45 minutes of great material. I gave ABB a listen today and agree it could have been great with proper streamlining. The "keep 'em wanting more" method should be employed, as released just too redundant. I say once again We Don't Wanna Go Home should have been included.

And Neocon excluded ! Can I get an amen ?

Date: July 10, 2016 22:19

BILLPERKS
Maindefender
HMS

I would exclude:
Rain Fall Down(replace with DVD remix)
SOL
She a Saw Me Coming
Neocon
Driving Too Fast(replace with Don 't Wanna go Home)
Cat dragged in

Date: July 10, 2016 22:35

Maindefender
BILLPERKS
Maindefender
HMS

I would exclude:
Rain Fall Down(replace with DVD remix)
SOL
She a Saw Me Coming
Neocon
Driving Too Fast(replace with Don 't Wanna go Home)
Cat dragged in

>grinning smiley<Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 10, 2016 23:24

There´s no hope finding two people excluding the very same songssmiling smiley

I´ve dropped Let Me Down Slow, Streets Of Love, Biggest Mistake & Infamy and included Under The Radar.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 10, 2016 23:34

When I consider how much time and money I've spent collecting all of the non-LP B-sides over the years, the idea of wanting less songs seems peculiar. That said, I agree with HMS for possibly the first time, no two people will ever agree on which songs are filler.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-10 23:35 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 11, 2016 20:19

You're probably a completist RD. A completist always strives to have a complete collection! It was easier being a completist in the 70s and 80s though. The output wasn't that big.
Try being one today with all the different editions! It must be very expensive!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 12, 2016 00:13

Maindefender
.... I say once again We Don't Wanna Go Home should have been included.

Yes, you and several others can keep saying that, about this and Under The Radar. To keep saying it will not make it happen, as best as I can tell.

Date: July 12, 2016 01:00

LeonidP
Maindefender

Yes, you and several others can keep saying that, about this and Under The Radar. To keep saying it will not make it happen, as best as I can tell.

Can't wait for the deluxe release.....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 12, 2016 03:56

Don't you mean the Special Edition released in November 2005 which is where we first heard "Under the Radar" and "Don't Wanna Go Home?" Yes, being a completist, I bought that release, RARITIES, and the Red Cross charity single for "Hurricane." Then I burned a CDR of a 19 track A BIGGER BANG.

Date: July 12, 2016 04:08

And don't forget the Cd singles.......

Date: July 12, 2016 13:34

Wish they would do the song Stones in my passway from
Robert Johnson. Good albumtitle also !!

Jeroen

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 12, 2016 14:46

LeonidP
Maindefender

Come on now, there are 107 pages here expressing the opposite view.

Date: July 12, 2016 15:06

corriecas
Wish they would do the song Stones in my passway from
Robert Johnson. Good albumtitle also !!

Jeroen

Very corny but my album title thought:
"Something Old, Some New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home