Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Date: January 6, 2016 20:01

Steven's in, according to Guitar Player: [twitter.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 6, 2016 20:21

DandelionPowderman
Yeah, its been assumed Izzy and Steven will make guest appearances but not be permanent musicians in the group. Hopefully its like a Mick Taylor situation where they are there every night, cause it seems unfair they'd only play certain times if everyone has to pay $300 for seats. I'm fine paying that price, but they better be part of it and not have it just be an "Izzy shows up whenever" kind of deal. I would feel gyped in that case. At least Taylor was there every night so I knew what I was paying for.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: January 6, 2016 20:30

I think that Izzy stradlin can do the difference. In the sense that if Izzy is on board also Steven or Matt will be on board. I think that axl didnt go to the show yesterday because something about the line up in movin' now.

I think that Steven is and was part of the great sound of GN'R.
.. and he must have his part of show.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 6, 2016 21:28

$300 to see these guys really ? might have to wait for the dvd

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 8, 2016 05:26

keefriffhard4life
Axl is worth like 100 million dollars. Doubt he's foing this just for money

Seeing that "Guns'N'Roses" has done nothing lately he probably needs the money bad.

Date: January 8, 2016 06:24

GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

Seeing that "Guns'N'Roses" has done nothing lately he probably needs the money bad.

I think from 2010-2015 I read axl made something like 13 million in touring, and another 2 million in album sales. remember he owns the entire brand and has since the early 90's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 06:25 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: January 8, 2016 06:35

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet
keefriffhard4life

I think from 2010-2015 I read axl made something like 13 million in touring, and another 2 million in album sales. remember he owns the entire brand and has since the early 90's.

Yeah, I have to imagine he's set money wise. People claim he could be broke, but I've never really believed that. He must make millions from the Guns catalogue. Jungle, Sweet Child, and Paradise City have been used in a lot of films and TV shows so from that alone imagine make him pretty set. We'll probably never know, especially after this tour where he'll be set.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 8, 2016 10:58

Good summary here [eddietrunk.com] - quite a few things up in the air at this point.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 8, 2016 11:10

Axl is not colorful enough to run without his old band .... it was time to bury the hatchet and kick off so that he gets some headlines again .... nothing strange about it. .. If I were Noel and Liam Gallagher, I would do the same ...

2 1 2 0

Date: January 8, 2016 11:20

Come On
Axl is not colorful enough to run without his old band .... it was time to bury the hatchet and kick off so that he gets some headlines again .... nothing strange about it. .. If I were Noel and Liam Gallagher, I would do the same ...

And they probably will..

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: January 8, 2016 14:24

DandelionPowderman

Tour lineup is Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard Fortus, Dizzy Reed and Frank Ferrer.
Unsure if the lame stream media is aware of this yet.

Re: OT Guns N' Roses will reunite for Coachella and possible stadium tour
Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: January 8, 2016 14:26

LieB
Hopefully Matt Sorum can fill in for Adler, as before.

Frank Ferrer will be on drums.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 8, 2016 16:29

Methinks Adler will guest on a few songs to enhance the "nostalgia" effect among the crowd.
But I guess no insurance company will coevr the tour if Adler's the sole drummer un the band. They need a more reliable skin-beater.

And as Axl hates Sorum, logically Ferrer gets the gig...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2016 18:39

For those who care...

Guns N’ Roses to reunite in Las Vegas this April

GnR

Welcome back to The Jungle. Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan, the primary members of Guns N’ Roses are finally getting back together for the first time this April on the T-Mobile Arena stage.

The band has confirmed that on April 8 and 9, they will hit the brand new T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas Strip for a two-night stand. The dates mark the first time the band has played together for 23 years and comes on the heels of the announcement that GNR will headline this year's Coachella.

Date: January 20, 2016 19:04

big cash grab

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-20 19:04 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 20, 2016 19:10

TheGreek
big cash grab

Agreed.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 20, 2016 19:22

They were awful first time round.

Date: January 20, 2016 19:28

tomcasagranda
They were awful first time round.
they had there moments before Axl killed them

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 20, 2016 19:32

Hairball
TheGreek
big cash grab

Agreed.

indeed. thank god the stones aren't like that.

Date: January 20, 2016 20:05

Hairball
For those who care...

GnR

Welcome back to The Jungle. Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan, the primary members of Guns N’ Roses are finally getting back together for the first time this April on the T-Mobile Arena stage.

The band has confirmed that on April 8 and 9, they will hit the brand new T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas Strip for a two-night stand. The dates mark the first time the band has played together for 23 years and comes on the heels of the announcement that GNR will headline this year's Coachella.

Vegas act... winking smiley

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 20, 2016 21:03

One (ONE!) pretty good album. Damn they had a good PR machine

Posted by: Reagan ()
Date: January 20, 2016 21:26

Stones50
One (ONE!) pretty good album. Damn they had a good PR machine

I see it as a little better than that. I credit them two great albums. One for Appetite, 1/2 for Lies (the acoustic stuff - which launched the Unplugged revival in the early 1990s), and 1/2 for Use Your Illusion (maybe three-quarters even).

On the positive side, they did some very cool stuff with the piano parts in the Use Your Illusion era. Also, Slash came up with some all-time great guitar parts (check out was he did on Estranged on Use Your Illusion - I forget which one), and he is a Mick Taylor fan. And Duff became a serious college student after the salad days ended. How often does that happen in the music business?

Date: January 20, 2016 22:01

The guitar playing on Locomotive and November Rain is also worth a mention, imo.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 20, 2016 22:22

Reagan

I see it as a little better than that. I credit them two great albums. One for Appetite, 1/2 for Lies (the acoustic stuff and 1/2 for Use Your Illusion (maybe three-quarters even).

Imho the difference between AFD and UYI is for the former the producer (Mike Clink) told them what to do in the studio. For the latter they told Mike Clink what to do... like including lame songs from the early days of the band (such as "Back Off Bitch" ).

If Clink had managed to have the final word, the UYI albums would have been better (and shorter).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-22 00:34 by dcba.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 20, 2016 22:46

Yes, and next minute Oasis will reunite. Oh joy !

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 20, 2016 23:12

Hairball
For those who care...

GnR

cool.

Slash and Duff are a couple of great, world class, historic rock and rollers... they have seen and done a lot. If they are playing together you know it is going to rock.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 20, 2016 23:31

I agree-a cash grab. Slash just lost millions in a divorce.

Date: January 20, 2016 23:36

They are one of my favorite bands of all time.

Yes I just bought tix for $250 a piece. Don't care. Arena show to see Slash and Axl on the same stage for the legitmate first time since 1993? I'm there.

I'd be a little bit more embarrassed about it but seriously, people here and all over the world pay that frequently just to see the Stones. I affordably go see shows so that when something huge like this comes around, I can justify it.

Probably is a bit of a cash grab, but still nothing will top that anticipation. Also, the first Vegas show is on Izzy's birthday and he lives in that area. I have to imagine its gonna be special.

Date: January 20, 2016 23:41

Tickets are still available. Only arena shows rumored to date. CitiCardholer presale. Just click it on the right. Password is 412800. Tickets are different prices still available now:

Friday night - [www.axs.com]

Saturday night - [www.axs.com]

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 21, 2016 01:44

RollingFreak
They are one of my favorite bands of all time.

Yes I just bought tix for $250 a piece. Don't care. Arena show to see Slash and Axl on the same stage for the legitmate first time since 1993? I'm there.

I'd be a little bit more embarrassed about it but seriously, people here and all over the world pay that frequently just to see the Stones. I affordably go see shows so that when something huge like this comes around, I can justify it.

Probably is a bit of a cash grab, but still nothing will top that anticipation. Also, the first Vegas show is on Izzy's birthday and he lives in that area. I have to imagine its gonna be special.

You made a good call to buy in. Don't pay the slightest attention anyone naysaying.

This will be a historic show no matter what happens... and I guarantee even the naysayers will be waiting with baited breath to read about how it goes... and you will be seeing it live.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1661
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home