Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 28
Re: Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: AlanPartridge ()
Date: November 18, 2015 12:36

GasLightStreet
RollingFreak
DeanGoodman
20 years too late. People are more interested in Taylor Swift's various feuds.

Not to forget Steven Adler either, the not-so-secret weapon behind Appetite. Both his book and Slash's were better than Duff's, who is a great guy and underutilized singer.

Slash's book was terrible, and I love Slash to death. But his book read like a junkie diary that actually shows how great Duff's books really are. I get that thats Slash's live, but it just translates into a very boring account from one of my favorite guitarists ever. And again, I say this fully supporting everything he's done since GNR. I see his solo band everytime they are in town and I think they are the best live band out there for my money these days. But his book sucked.

Worse or better than Ronnie's?

If anyone proof read it, it's better.....

Re: OT: Axl and Slash reconcile
Date: November 18, 2015 13:00

crholmstrom
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
Fillmore
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
You know, Motley Crue hasn't announced opener for last 4 dates of farewell tour. 1 in Vegas, 3 in LA. Just saying...smoking smiley

i hope the crue change up the setlist for the last shows. be nice if they ended the last show with "on with the show"

I got a ticket for Vegas. Lots left. I was going to be in town anyway. Something to do.
those guys are the 80's rock scene summed up. shame they are retiring. maybe we'll get a boxset of unreleased stuff that also helps round up some harder to get tracks on thing that keep going out of print...

Maybe OT, but I saw them last friday in Munich, Germany and they were one half petty cool (Mick Mars and Tommy Lee, plus the two ladies), one quarter boring (Nikki Sixx) and one quarter an old jerk with a tan and his nuts in a nutcracker, that´s how Vince sounded like. Total crap, not even funny. 70 year old support band leader Alice Cooper did rock more than this joker. Sad, but true. Time to call it quits.

Cheers, Fillmore

sixx was always kinda "boring" for what its worth but vince neil is terrible. the band should have kept corabi like they wanted

+1

I'm just going to the Vegas show because I'm in town for a little holiday mini-vacation. By no means my favorite band. The show does look very entertaining in a big, ugly rock show kind of way. + I got a very good seat for $100. I always thought the band was ok musically & Mick Mars is a decent guitarist & Tommy Lee pretty good drummer. Not a Vince Neil fan. Humorous note: I saw them open for the Stones twice on ABB tour. The first show in Seattle, Ronnie obviously got into trouble with someone. He basically couldn't play. The good part of that was Keith did all the heavy lifting (with assist from Blondie Chaplin) & was phenomenal. Mick was shooting Ronnie dirty looks all night whilst Ronnie ran around being goofy. 2 nights later, Ronnie played better. Anyway, during Motley's set they came to "Home Sweet Home" with just Vince & Tommy on keyboards. Vince was like "everybody sing along". Total silence from the crowd! You could literally hear the vendors on the concourse hawking programs. A very Spinal Tap moment. Anyway, the farewell show should at least be fun. The pictures look like they are trying to outdo KISS. They are promising something "special" for the last gigs & the MGM is a great venue. Going into it with that mindset, should be fun. Going to see Jerry Seinfeld at Caesar's the night before. It will be a good trip that's not costing me much. I got comped at Bellagio & very cheap airfare. I get from Xmas eve to after New Year's off from work, so I don't have to use vacation time. Had to use most of that for doctors & helping my dad out in his last days this year. Looking forward to it.smoking smiley

I wish I saw them on this tour. I've seen them twice before. once around 2000 and once around 2006. they aren't one of my top 10 bands, probably top 15 though, but knowing its all ending I should have gone. the same way jerry Garcia dying in 1995 sorta ended the love and peace music of the 60's the crue retiring sorta signals the end of the 80's rock scene as we know it. bon jovi don't play hard rock anymore, def leppard have toned it down, who knows what going on with guns n roses ever, ratt just broke up for the 30th time and poison never does anything anymore

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 18, 2015 13:16

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
Fillmore
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
You know, Motley Crue hasn't announced opener for last 4 dates of farewell tour. 1 in Vegas, 3 in LA. Just saying...smoking smiley

i hope the crue change up the setlist for the last shows. be nice if they ended the last show with "on with the show"

I got a ticket for Vegas. Lots left. I was going to be in town anyway. Something to do.
those guys are the 80's rock scene summed up. shame they are retiring. maybe we'll get a boxset of unreleased stuff that also helps round up some harder to get tracks on thing that keep going out of print...

Maybe OT, but I saw them last friday in Munich, Germany and they were one half petty cool (Mick Mars and Tommy Lee, plus the two ladies), one quarter boring (Nikki Sixx) and one quarter an old jerk with a tan and his nuts in a nutcracker, that´s how Vince sounded like. Total crap, not even funny. 70 year old support band leader Alice Cooper did rock more than this joker. Sad, but true. Time to call it quits.

Cheers, Fillmore

sixx was always kinda "boring" for what its worth but vince neil is terrible. the band should have kept corabi like they wanted

+1

I'm just going to the Vegas show because I'm in town for a little holiday mini-vacation. By no means my favorite band. The show does look very entertaining in a big, ugly rock show kind of way. + I got a very good seat for $100. I always thought the band was ok musically & Mick Mars is a decent guitarist & Tommy Lee pretty good drummer. Not a Vince Neil fan. Humorous note: I saw them open for the Stones twice on ABB tour. The first show in Seattle, Ronnie obviously got into trouble with someone. He basically couldn't play. The good part of that was Keith did all the heavy lifting (with assist from Blondie Chaplin) & was phenomenal. Mick was shooting Ronnie dirty looks all night whilst Ronnie ran around being goofy. 2 nights later, Ronnie played better. Anyway, during Motley's set they came to "Home Sweet Home" with just Vince & Tommy on keyboards. Vince was like "everybody sing along". Total silence from the crowd! You could literally hear the vendors on the concourse hawking programs. A very Spinal Tap moment. Anyway, the farewell show should at least be fun. The pictures look like they are trying to outdo KISS. They are promising something "special" for the last gigs & the MGM is a great venue. Going into it with that mindset, should be fun. Going to see Jerry Seinfeld at Caesar's the night before. It will be a good trip that's not costing me much. I got comped at Bellagio & very cheap airfare. I get from Xmas eve to after New Year's off from work, so I don't have to use vacation time. Had to use most of that for doctors & helping my dad out in his last days this year. Looking forward to it.smoking smiley

I wish I saw them on this tour. I've seen them twice before. once around 2000 and once around 2006. they aren't one of my top 10 bands, probably top 15 though, but knowing its all ending I should have gone. the same way jerry Garcia dying in 1995 sorta ended the love and peace music of the 60's the crue retiring sorta signals the end of the 80's rock scene as we know it. bon jovi don't play hard rock anymore, def leppard have toned it down, who knows what going on with guns n roses ever, ratt just broke up for the 30th time and poison never does anything anymore

Screaming deals in Vegas from Xmas until 12/30. NYE real expensive but until then they are trying to fill the hotels. Lots of tickets left for the show. Since the family thing is done with dad's passing, I'm flying out @ 6AM Xmas day. Great day to fly! No crowds, short lines & realistic fares. Beats sitting around the house moping. C'mon, let's party!smileys with beer

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: November 18, 2015 13:34

Crüe in MUC was a nice concert, last roar of a dyin´ species. RIP. ("rest", not "return")).
But back to the topic title: how much would I love to see an early line-up of G N´R (I did like Gilby a lot, saw him in with the band 1992 in Stuttgart and later in Phoenix, w/ Faith no More and Metallica supportin´)! Slash is totally cool, Axl is the frontman, Adler´s cowbell was my heartbeat for years and also Duff still rocks, as I could witness during his bands performance opening up for Aerosmith in Berlin (the day before "Waldbühne 2014" smoking smiley ).
Get in the ring, mofos. Give us two hours of AFD filled w/ some Illusions, PLEASE!

Fillmore

Date: November 18, 2015 13:53

Fillmore
Crüe in MUC was a nice concert, last roar of a dyin´ species. RIP. ("rest", not "return")).
But back to the topic title: how much would I love to see an early line-up of G N´R (I did like Gilby a lot, saw him in with the band 1992 in Stuttgart and later in Phoenix, w/ Faith no More and Metallica supportin´)! Slash is totally cool, Axl is the frontman, Adler´s cowbell was my heartbeat for years and also Duff still rocks, as I could witness during his bands performance opening up for Aerosmith in Berlin (the day before "Waldbühne 2014" smoking smiley ).
Get in the ring, mofos. Give us two hours of AFD filled w/ some Illusions, PLEASE!

Fillmore

whats sad is I think gilby and izzy have made the 2 best solo albums/other projects outside of guns n roses. izzy with the juju hounds release and gilby with the col. parker album.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 18, 2015 15:35

Fillmore

Fillmore

Slash w/ Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators opened for Aerosmith on June 9th. I arrived halfway thru their set. Was there an opener before Slash?

Date: November 18, 2015 15:42

As drunk as I got that night, the opening act at the O2 World in Berlin was called "Walking Papers" w/ Michael McKagan on bass guitar. Can´t believe you saw Slash and Myles at the same party...?
Ok, sometimes my mind plays tricks on me...

Fillmore

Date: November 18, 2015 15:45

[events.mapchannels.com]

[www.ballparks.com]

All the ticket links are expired, but I found this one. This is the show we are talking about right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 15:46 by MingSubu.

Date: November 18, 2015 15:50

Did Slash and co. cancel and Walking Papers play instead?

I wish I would of got there sooner now. Got motion sickness on the train from Holland. It wasn't fun that night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 15:51 by MingSubu.

Date: November 18, 2015 16:54

MingSubu
Did Slash and co. cancel and Walking Papers play instead?

Maybe that´s how it was. Hadn´t heard of Slash opening for ´smith, don´t know what went wrong (or right, the Walking Papers were pretty good, as far as I´m able to remember drinking smiley ).

MingSubu
It wasn't fun that night.

Hell, yeah. And the following night even more grinning smiley.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 18, 2015 17:39

MingSubu
Fillmore

Fillmore

Slash w/ Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators opened for Aerosmith on June 9th. I arrived halfway thru their set. Was there an opener before Slash?
No, Slash was the only opener. By chance do you have the date wrong? Was this at Jones Beach? Cause I believe I saw the first night of that tour, which was July 10th which I only remember cause it was the day before my birthday, hence the reason I went.

But yeah, Slash was the only opener. Amazing double bill.

AlanPartridge
GasLightStreet
RollingFreak
DeanGoodman
20 years too late. People are more interested in Taylor Swift's various feuds.

Not to forget Steven Adler either, the not-so-secret weapon behind Appetite. Both his book and Slash's were better than Duff's, who is a great guy and underutilized singer.

Slash's book was terrible, and I love Slash to death. But his book read like a junkie diary that actually shows how great Duff's books really are. I get that thats Slash's live, but it just translates into a very boring account from one of my favorite guitarists ever. And again, I say this fully supporting everything he's done since GNR. I see his solo band everytime they are in town and I think they are the best live band out there for my money these days. But his book sucked.

Worse or better than Ronnie's?

If anyone proof read it, it's better.....

Never read it so I can't confirm lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 17:39 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 18, 2015 21:29

i would like it so much more if the Gunners (Slash, Duff, Izzy or Gilby with Matt Sorum,or Steven Adler and Scott Weiland and NOT AXL because well everybody knows by now Then let it rock hard !!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 19, 2015 07:23

TheGreek
i would like it so much more if the Gunners (Slash, Duff, Izzy or Gilby with Matt Sorum,or Steven Adler and Scott Weiland and NOT AXL because well everybody knows by now Then let it rock hard !!!!!!!!!!

But then it wouldn't be GNR, and it wouldn't be incredible. Axl might not have the power to do a reunion justice nowadays, but the bottom line is he's responsible for why GNR was so amazing. Its the reason that Velvet Revolver was only as good as they were, even though it was so much of Guns N Roses. Didn't have Axl, therefore it wasn't outstanding.

Date: December 30, 2015 08:35

Its gettin' heated folks.

Start your engines, its comin.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 30, 2015 09:08

It's not Guns N Roses without Izzy Stradlin! Also...... Matt Sorum instead of Steven Adler!!!! Oh dear......very disappointing.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 30, 2015 23:49

Axl is fat and can't sing anymore. No Izzy Stradlin? Bad.

They will never recapture their magic from the late 1980's but the cash registers will be ringing and that is what this tour is all about.

I will fondly remember seeing them in LA in 1989 with the Stones.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: December 31, 2015 10:03

The major figures on stage are Axl, Slash and Duff.
Also from a musical point of view Izzy Stradlin figure is not a must for the live performance. Of course he was important in and for the writing process. But Izzy Stradlin is not Guns N'Roses just because he wrote 10 songs for them.
What I'm lookin for (compared to the present and the past) is the sound. This was a mix of many personalities but mainly of Axl, Slash and Duff.
From the other hand also Gilby Clarke did a great work on stage during the Use Your Illusion Tour, so, for me the problem is not the guitarist but the drummer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-31 10:10 by pepganzo.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 31, 2015 10:09

if its without izzy and steven i dont give a shit!

Date: December 31, 2015 11:46

pepganzo
Also from a musical point of view Izzy Stradlin figure is not a must for the live performance. Of course he was important in and for the writing process. But Izzy Stradlin is not Guns N'Roses just because he wrote 10 songs for them.
What I'm lookin for (compared to the present and the past) is the sound. This was a mix of many personalities but mainly of Axl, Slash and Duff.
From the other hand also Gilby Clarke did a great work on stage during the Use Your Illusion Tour, so, for me the problem is not the guitarist but the drummer.

Don't forget all the riffs Izzy played. It will, in a way, be like the Stones without Keith.

The sound mix of Izzy's primitive riffing and Slash's precise playing gave GNR an edge and made them sound different from the other 80s rock bands, imo.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: December 31, 2015 11:49

DandelionPowderman
pepganzo

Don't forget all the riffs Izzy played. It will, in a way, be like the Stones without Keith.

The sound mix of Izzy's primitive riffing and Slash's precise playing gave GNR an edge and made them sound different from the other 80s rock bands, imo.

it won't be anything like the stones without keith.

Date: December 31, 2015 12:20

DandelionPowderman
pepganzo

This is true. This is the different between GNR and all the other bands o the period.

No, in my opinion it's not this. Izzy is like Brian for the Stones (I'm thinking about 'The Last Time'). All the major riffs of GNR are Slash's riffs. Izzy is fantastic on 'Outta Get Me', 'Dust N' Bones' and '14 Years' and because was the Stoner of the GNR. If you want to listen to Izzy Richards you have the put his solo albums (On down the road and 117 for example)

Anyway, also Slash loves the Stones: in an interview the said that Mick Taylor is one of his favourite guitarist.

Date: December 31, 2015 12:30

<If you want to listen to Izzy Richards>

You mean Izzy AND Richards, as Rick Richards was his lead guitar player? winking smiley

Yeah, I have his albums. I like 117 and his debut album the most.

PS: DON'T forget songslike Nighttrain, with a classic Izzy-riff, as well as him doing the first solo.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 31, 2015 17:55

DandelionPowderman
<If you want to listen to Izzy Richards>

You mean Izzy AND Richards, as Rick Richards was his lead guitar player? winking smiley

Yeah, I have his albums. I like 117 and his debut album the most.

PS: DON'T forget songslike Nighttrain, with a classic Izzy-riff, as well as him doing the first solo.

[www.youtube.com]

Izzy Stradlin doin' Keith Richardswinking smiley
Also Rick Richards is a very good lead guitar player. I love what he did with the Georgia Satellites.

[www.youtube.com]

This song has got something of Crazy Mama.

smileys with beer

OT Guns N' Roses will reunite for Coachella and possible stadium tour
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 29, 2015 23:46

This could get interesting..
A stadium tour is rumored after reuniting for Coachella.

[blbrd.cm]

Re: OT Guns N' Roses will reunite for Coachella and possible stadium tour
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 29, 2015 23:59

Although it's not an official announcement, I wonder if it's safe to read the lead paragraph and assume who won't be there:

Guns N’ Roses, with founding members Axl Rose and Slash, will headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., set for April 15-17 and April 22-24, according to multiple sources.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 30, 2015 00:29

Bank accounts must be running low! 25 stadium shows at $3 million per show. Either the tour will implode or will carry on to Europe.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 30, 2015 01:07

Just heard this on an L.A. based radio station.

I saw them in open for Aersosmith '88- really good.
I saw them in open for the Stones '89 - really bad.

As for any reunion tour- count me out.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 30, 2015 02:19

from the same genre, i saw motley crue on sunday. the show/spectacle, especially the drum roller coaster, was awesome. vince neil still can't sing to save his life. the band seemed emotional at the end as this was the last show out of la. opening band was young british band the struts. not bad! obviously had access to their dads' record collections. the singer was sort of a combination of mick & freddie mercury. on a humorous note: vince neil has put on more than a few pounds. in the second half of the show he was wearing a floor length leather duster with a low cut shirt that, sad to say, showed off his man boobs. from a distance, he looked like stevie nicks with a beard!grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 30, 2015 03:49

Hairball
Just heard this on an L.A. based radio station.

I saw them in open for Aersosmith '88- really good.
I saw them in open for the Stones '89 - really bad.

As for any reunion tour- count me out.

I saw the open for the Stones twice. The first night Guns and Roses blew those old men off the stage. (When most of the Stones were still in their forties!) The closing night it was the opposite.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 30, 2015 04:19

Sorry to hear that

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home