Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28
Re: OT Guns N' Roses will reunite for Coachella and possible stadium tour
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: December 31, 2015 17:28

Lots of discussions on various hard rock/metal boards seeming to center around snarky observations of how portly Axl Rose is these days in contrast to his youthful prime- very odd- who cares how he looks? Everybody ages. From the footage I've seen and heard the real fly in the ointment is that the guys voice is shot and these days he sings in a weird semi-falsetto approximation....

Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: December 31, 2015 21:25

To me Izzy is as important as Slash and Axl and a vital member of any reunion. I would also say the same for Steve Adler, if he stays sober maybe he'll be invited in. Matt is a good drummer but the groove in Adler's style couldn't be touched by Matt. This groove created by Izzy, Duff and Adler IS the original GNR sound. Slash adds the magic dust on the whole sound and Axl kicked royal ass on vocals but the rythmn section is the band IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-31 21:26 by Markdog.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 1, 2016 01:06

You can also credit Izzy and Duff for shaping Adler's style : Izzy said Adler originally joined the band with a giant kit (double bass drums tons of toms etc etc).
So Izzy adn Duff stole the unnecessary pieces of gear till Adler was left with bare drum kit. A waytto turn him into a long-haired Charlie Watts?

Izzy definitely was the band master in the early days! thumbs up

Re: OT Guns N' Roses will reunite for Coachella and possible stadium tour
Date: January 1, 2016 01:46

roryfaninva
Lots of discussions on various hard rock/metal boards seeming to center around snarky observations of how portly Axl Rose is these days in contrast to his youthful prime- very odd- who cares how he looks? Everybody ages. From the footage I've seen and heard the real fly in the ointment is that the guys voice is shot and these days he sings in a weird semi-falsetto approximation....

axl sings like that on purpose to not blow his voice out but still hit the notes. if you search you can find several times recently where he screams instead of does the falsetto and sounds pretty close to the way he did around 1993

Date: January 1, 2016 02:13

Nothing like the financial advisors and assets management Team effort.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 2, 2016 08:41

4 or 5 days left. Conflicting reports about an announcement coming Tuesday or Wednesday, with January 6th being the one more frequently mentioned.

We're so close.

Date: January 5, 2016 05:08

Reunion just confirmed!!!

ROCK AND ROLL BABY, ROCK N F*CKIN ROLL!!!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 5, 2016 05:13

Is TB involved?

Date: January 5, 2016 07:02

MingSubu
Is TB involved?
Unclear. As they are essentially Axl's family its hard to believe they aren't, but the fact that its been a rather professional campaign rollout as opposed to previous TB blunders, its assumed there's a real serious entity controlling it.

My friend asked the same thing and I said "if Slash is involved, I trust that its being run properly."

Date: January 5, 2016 12:19

Last time I saw them. Great show!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: January 5, 2016 13:10

RollingFreak

The band will consist of Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard Fortus, Dizzy Reed and Frank Ferrer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-05 13:10 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: January 5, 2016 15:19

They will play (at least) Coachella, have a look (sorry, this is in german, but also on twitter):

[www.spiegel.de]

Date: January 5, 2016 15:53

StonedInTokyo
RollingFreak

The band will consist of Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard Fortus, Dizzy Reed and Frank Ferrer.
That is the assumed lineup. Chris Pitman as well on second keyboard.

And there seems to be strong indication that Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin will make guest appearances. Matt Sorum appears to be the only one, inexplicably, not included.

Date: January 5, 2016 16:16

RollingFreak
Matt Sorum appears to be the only one, inexplicably, not included.

Axl hates him.
Over the years Sorum said unflaterring things about Rose like "I gave Axl some cocaine once. He talked non-stop for 7 hours, he just wouldn't shut up. I wanted to punch him".
Or : "we were ready to gon on stage but Axl was locked in his dressing room... I wanted to punch him".

Date: January 5, 2016 16:33

dcba
RollingFreak
Matt Sorum appears to be the only one, inexplicably, not included.

Axl hates him.
Over the years Sorum said unflaterring things about Rose like "I gave Axl some cocaine once. He talked non-stop for 7 hours, he just wouldn't shut up. I wanted to punch him".
Or : "we were ready to gon on stage but Axl was locked in his dressing room... I wanted to punch him".

That appears to be what most are saying, although IMO neither of those are that bad. To normal people, thats just reminiscing. And there was talk that they put aside their differences like 10 years ago. Furthermore, Slash and Duff play with him all the time, so their presence means I have to assume he was fought for. Then it becomes "so its really all Axl's show? Or did he convince them Matt isn't right?" Its weird he's not there if Slash and Duff are. I have unwavering support for Slash, because usually he's level headed, but a hybrid lineup is indeed something I never thought he'd agree to.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 5, 2016 17:56

I wonder how long it will take for this reunion to implode. Given all the history and baggage, my guess is it won't take long.
With that said, it might be interesting to hear some new studio stuff, but that might be thinking way too far ahead...

Date: January 5, 2016 18:02

Hairball
I wonder how long it will take for this reunion to implode. Given all the history and baggage, my guess is it won't take long.
With that said, it might be interesting to hear some new studio stuff, but that might be thinking way too far ahead...

Its hard to tell how long it lasts. Slash essentially said he was off for the year a few months ago, and he has an album apparently in the bag. This could easily be a year long thing, a couple mini tours, and then its gone. Slash goes back to his solo band with a lot more money in the band, Axl retires, everyone got to see the two of them on stage.

I'd love it if its a rebirth for the band. But like you say, the possibility for implosion is so high and there has been talk that they all have other things that I wouldn't be shocked if it just turns out to be a small tour of a big thing. Doesn't last past September or October.

Date: January 5, 2016 18:09

Axl is worth like 100 million dollars. Doubt he's foing this just for money

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:32

DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

Last time I saw them, great half show (was the St. Louis riot). Still p!ssed I paid full price for half a show. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 5, 2016 18:35

kovach
DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

Last time I saw them, great half show (was the St. Louis riot). Still p!ssed I paid full price for half a show. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Just recently, kids here in Norway paid $150 to watch Justin Bieber sing one song, then storm off the stage and leave.

The stage floor was too slippery, apparently...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:43

DandelionPowderman
kovach
DandelionPowderman

[www.youtube.com]

Just recently, kids here in Norway paid $150 to watch Justin Bieber sing one song, then storm off the stage and leave.

The stage floor was too slippery, apparently...

The only way I'd be at that is if someone drug me there for free and therefore I'd be thankful it ended early. :-)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:13

Looks like the implosion process already started last night lol....

Guns N’ Roses’ reunion is off to a rousing start as Axl Rose cancels Kimmel appearance
GNR frontman was expected to announce the band's reunion during Tuesday night broadcast
AXL lol

by Alex Young
on January 04, 2016, 8:55pm

Guns N’ Roses announced their reunion less than an hour ago and already Axl is canceling gigs. As Blabbermouth points out, the GNR frontman has apparently pulled out of his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live scheduled for tomorrow night. Rose is no longer listed as a guest on Kimmel’s website.

It’s unclear why Rose canceled his appearance on Kimmel, though fans shouldn’t fret. He will indeed be reuniting with fellow Guns N’ Roses founding members Slash and Duff McKagan to headline Coachella 2016. The festival announced its 2016 lineup earlier this evening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-05 19:14 by Hairball.

Date: January 5, 2016 19:25

keefriffhard4life
Axl is worth like 100 million dollars. Doubt he's doing this just for money

Yeah but how much does he spend yearly just living the "Axl Rose lifestyle"? 10 million?

So having 100 million in the bank is like having 20k for you and me.

Date: January 6, 2016 00:19

dcba
keefriffhard4life
Axl is worth like 100 million dollars. Doubt he's doing this just for money

Yeah but how much does he spend yearly just living the "Axl Rose lifestyle"? 10 million?

So having 100 million in the bank is like having 20k for you and me.

probably has someone handle his money so i doubt he spends that much

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: January 6, 2016 05:58

keefriffhard4life
Axl is worth like 100 million dollars. Doubt he's foing this just for money

The Stones are most likely worth more, but it doesn't stop them charging their fans rip off prices does it? The more money they make, the more they want. They don't need it, they just want it. It's commonly known as greed! Now..... open your wallet!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 06:28 by strat72.

Date: January 6, 2016 07:59

If anyone is following, Axl's rumored Kimmel appearance that was then cancelled tonight did not feature any appearance by him or a single mention. And Matt Sorum who was on Seth Meyers right afterwards featured no questions at all towards him. An introduction then back to the show.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: January 6, 2016 08:06

without izzy and steven adler its not guns n roses.

Date: January 6, 2016 08:40

guitarbastard

Bring back Tracii! winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 6, 2016 13:42

DandelionPowderman
guitarbastard

Bring back Tracii! winking smiley
now that's turning back the clock !

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: January 6, 2016 15:34

Good time to drop why some of us are GNR fans. They've paid homage to our beloved RS. Here's a Wild Horse intro into their No Expectations inspired 'Patience'.

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1692
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home