Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 28
Re: OT - Guns 'N Roses - Reconciliation and Reuniting?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2015 19:36

Call me a doubter but I think this is total bullshit. I'll stick with what Slash said and no one else.

Did you see what the ROLLING STONE article said? It's got eery eery connotations in it. It uses two words that haven't been mentioned here in quite some time.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT: Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 15, 2015 20:23

You know, Motley Crue hasn't announced opener for last 4 dates of farewell tour. 1 in Vegas, 3 in LA. Just saying...smoking smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 15, 2015 22:02

Can it now finally be established that Axl Rose is a moron in disguise?

Date: November 15, 2015 23:23

filstan
Can it now finally be established that Axl Rose is a moron in disguise?

Think crazy is more operative. He has made unreal $ without Slash, Duff, etc. I'm sure the guys he had in his band were well paid but they weren't in for a percentage. I saw them when they had Buckethead & Robin Finck on guitar & it was a pretty amazing show. Buckethead definitely confused a lot of spuds, haha.

Date: November 16, 2015 00:44

crholmstrom
You know, Motley Crue hasn't announced opener for last 4 dates of farewell tour. 1 in Vegas, 3 in LA. Just saying...smoking smiley

i hope the crue change up the setlist for the last shows. be nice if they ended the last show with "on with the show"

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 16, 2015 07:03

Izzy and Steven need to be there, not Fortus and Ferrer.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 16, 2015 07:08

Still nothing to see here yet. For all we know, Nikki Sixx's comment was a joke and just screwing with fans. The only thing suggesting something might be up is that no one in Slash's, Duff's or Axl's camp has denied these rumors for months. Maybe that means something, maybe it doesn't.

But for now, there's literally just rumor after rumor going on and nothing really credible. I or some other GNR fan can update this thread when something finally happens, but for now its still the same as its been for months.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 16, 2015 10:36

MingSubu
Izzy and Steven need to be there, not Fortus and Ferrer.

Yes, of course.
I think that Axl and Slash will do something together, a tour and maybe an album.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:03

Axl and Slash going on the road together?
That's a joke : the soul of the band was Izzy (the songs) and Adler (the groove).

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 16, 2015 11:14

While I agree that Izzy is the heart of GN'R. All 5 AFD era members are needed for a reunion to be of any worth.

Date: November 16, 2015 13:36

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

i hope the crue change up the setlist for the last shows. be nice if they ended the last show with "on with the show"

I got a ticket for Vegas. Lots left. I was going to be in town anyway. Something to do.

Date: November 16, 2015 13:57

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

I got a ticket for Vegas. Lots left. I was going to be in town anyway. Something to do.
those guys are the 80's rock scene summed up. shame they are retiring. maybe we'll get a boxset of unreleased stuff that also helps round up some harder to get tracks on thing that keep going out of print. here are some of the tracks I was talking about

too young to fall in love (remix from raw tracks)
animal in me (remix from greatest hits)
glitter (several different remixes were released)
afraid (several different remixes were released)
misunderstood (several different remix were released)
hooligans holiday (several different remixes were released)
home sweet home (raw track remix)
friends (quaternary)
10,000 miles away (quaternary)
hammerd demo (quaternary)
live wire (91 decade of decadence remix)
piece of your action (91 decade of decadence remix)
song to slit your wrists by (japan bonus track)
timebomb (japan bonus track)
american zero (nikki sixx internet leak/release)
i'm a liar (japan bonus track)
sex (digital only single)
all bad things (digital only single)

Date: November 17, 2015 12:36

"Today in Guns N’ Roses Reunion Rumors: New Version of Band to Be an Appetite/Chinese Democracy Hybrid?"

[www.metalsucks.net]

Sounds like a lead balloon only Axl is capable of... confused smiley

Date: November 17, 2015 13:57

if izzy isn't involved that means he turned down the offer. plain and simply. he has played with GNR several times over the last 10 years and from what I understand has an open invitation to join them onstage whenever he wants

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: November 17, 2015 15:32

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

those guys are the 80's rock scene summed up. shame they are retiring. maybe we'll get a boxset of unreleased stuff that also helps round up some harder to get tracks on thing that keep going out of print...

Maybe OT, but I saw them last friday in Munich, Germany and they were one half petty cool (Mick Mars and Tommy Lee, plus the two ladies), one quarter boring (Nikki Sixx) and one quarter an old jerk with a tan and his nuts in a nutcracker, that´s how Vince sounded like. Total crap, not even funny. 70 year old support band leader Alice Cooper did rock more than this joker. Sad, but true. Time to call it quits.

Cheers, Fillmore

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 17, 2015 17:01

crholmstrom

So... what you're just saying is that Motley Crue hasn't announced an opener for the last 4 dates of their tour.

Date: November 17, 2015 17:36

Didn't Axl smash Neil's face back in the 90's. Psycho Axl must still hold a grudge the size of LAX so I doubt they'll play on the same stage as MC.

Date: November 17, 2015 18:03

I'm still of the camp that they all know what a reunion means. A reunion means the 5 of them, or it at least means a good explanation of why anyone that isn't the 5 of them isn't participating. There's no way in a reunion Izzy wouldn't participate in ANY of it. He may not tour, but he'd play a show, he'd do something. Slash and Duff play with Matt Sorum ALL THE TIME. Its understandable Steven might not be invited to tour, but they would never skip over Matt for Axl's drummer.

I'm sorry, but thats the kind of reasoning why you can't believe anything the websites are putting out right now. Slash and Duff KNOW what a reunion means. They will not participate in a half assed one, unless all those people have good reasons and they are explained. Its been 20 years since they've been in the band. They know what "the band" is. Its not a hybrid, its not who they can find to fill those slots. Its the band that were in the band 20 years ago, end of story. Slash is not going to wait to rejoin GNR only for it to be 3 of the 5 or 6 key members. Sorry, thats just not happening.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 17, 2015 18:24

Whatever the case, a 'reunion' or 'reformation' might be too little too late.
Meanwhile, Axl be chompin' on the Big Macs...

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 17, 2015 19:27

RollingFreak
I'm still of the camp that they all know what a reunion means. A reunion means the 5 of them, or it at least means a good explanation of why anyone that isn't the 5 of them isn't participating. There's no way in a reunion Izzy wouldn't participate in ANY of it. He may not tour, but he'd play a show, he'd do something. Slash and Duff play with Matt Sorum ALL THE TIME. Its understandable Steven might not be invited to tour, but they would never skip over Matt for Axl's drummer.

I'm sorry, but thats the kind of reasoning why you can't believe anything the websites are putting out right now. Slash and Duff KNOW what a reunion means. They will not participate in a half assed one, unless all those people have good reasons and they are explained. Its been 20 years since they've been in the band. They know what "the band" is. Its not a hybrid, its not who they can find to fill those slots. Its the band that were in the band 20 years ago, end of story. Slash is not going to wait to rejoin GNR only for it to be 3 of the 5 or 6 key members. Sorry, thats just not happening.

Of course he would if the money is astronomical enough (and it will be)

Axl I'm sure will be on the treadmill pronto.

I too would like to see the full original lineup, but if they can't make it happen then I think they'd gladly soldier on with 3 of the 5 and count their millions (and let's face it, just Ax and Slash would be enough for most casual fans)

Perhaps why nothing definitive has been announced yet is because of a holdup with negotiations with Stradlin. Who knows...

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: November 17, 2015 19:31

oldschool
GasLightStreet
oldschool
They have more than enough material to put on a 2hour show as the UYI albums are both double albums so they have over three hours of original material.

There's the biggest problem of that GNR era - those albums SUCKED. They sucked so bad they passed out from sucking.

Had they edited the shit out of those two double albums they could've had a somewhat decent single album of possibly up to 10-12 tracks.

So if you're suggesting that they have plenty of tracks for a decent set list, the only part about it is the number of songs they could play and seeing that most of the USE YOUR ILLUSION tracks suck, the set list would be a rip off to fans if it consisted mostly of UYI sucking songs.

I do agree they have some filler but I also disagree they suck.

Each of those albums sold over 9 million copies apiece and the band sold out stadiums and arenas on the 91-93 UYI tour.

If you look a the setlists from the UYI tours they played most of AFD and select songs from the UYI and Lies albums and had over 2 hour sets.

I also belong to a GnR forum and when they do polls the UYI albums run neck and neck with AFD for fan favorite.

I respect your right to think the UYI albums suck but fans of the band seem to love them and would want to hear them if they reunite.

They had ONE decent album. ONE

Date: November 17, 2015 19:35

I disagree. Its not about money. If it was it would have happened years ago. It would have happened when Axl sounded better and Slash wasn't doing other things. They've had plenty of times to just do it for money. Sure Slash is getting divorced but the guy has money coming in left and right, from publicity to GNR publishing. Axl has been in far worse straights than he is now.

Obviously, money is a factor, but they've proven it would never be why they are reuniting. And granted, I would absolutely see just 3 of them. Like you say, I really just want to see Axl and Slash on the same stage. That image means a lot to me as a hardcore GNR fan. I just think that the band knows what the right thing is. I think Slash knows its not GNR without all of them, or at least all of the guys that were in it during the glory years. Am I giving a pass to Gilby Clarke or Matt Sorum? Probably. But Slash and Duff know them and play with them all the time. I just can't fathom why they wouldn't be invited along on the ride but Fortus and Ferrer would. It just doesn't make sense to me and I don't think they would agree to it. If they were fine with that this could have happened years ago.

Date: November 17, 2015 19:40

For what its worth, and I'm sure oldschool knows this if we belong to the same GNR forum, but Marc Canter, a very close friend of the band in the early days that is still in touch with the members, has said he wouldn't be surprised if he saw those 3 on stage. Thats not a confirmation of anything, and its too hard to explain exactly what this guy means in the grand scheme of the band, but needless to say that statement means a lot. He is someone that can be trusted, and the fact that he is saying that seeing those 3 isn't an impossibility means more to me than any ridiculous rumor tabloid.

And you are absolutely right oldschool. Real GNR fans know how good the Illusions albums are, and for me they are absolutely neck and neck with Appetite. Is that unfair because Appetite is so overplayed? Probably, but I love what they did with Illusion and I listen to that far more than Appetite and have for some time.

Date: November 17, 2015 23:37

Fillmore
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

those guys are the 80's rock scene summed up. shame they are retiring. maybe we'll get a boxset of unreleased stuff that also helps round up some harder to get tracks on thing that keep going out of print...

Maybe OT, but I saw them last friday in Munich, Germany and they were one half petty cool (Mick Mars and Tommy Lee, plus the two ladies), one quarter boring (Nikki Sixx) and one quarter an old jerk with a tan and his nuts in a nutcracker, that´s how Vince sounded like. Total crap, not even funny. 70 year old support band leader Alice Cooper did rock more than this joker. Sad, but true. Time to call it quits.

Cheers, Fillmore

sixx was always kinda "boring" for what its worth but vince neil is terrible. the band should have kept corabi like they wanted

Date: November 17, 2015 23:44

Stones50
oldschool
GasLightStreet
oldschool
They have more than enough material to put on a 2hour show as the UYI albums are both double albums so they have over three hours of original material.

There's the biggest problem of that GNR era - those albums SUCKED. They sucked so bad they passed out from sucking.

Had they edited the shit out of those two double albums they could've had a somewhat decent single album of possibly up to 10-12 tracks.

So if you're suggesting that they have plenty of tracks for a decent set list, the only part about it is the number of songs they could play and seeing that most of the USE YOUR ILLUSION tracks suck, the set list would be a rip off to fans if it consisted mostly of UYI sucking songs.

I do agree they have some filler but I also disagree they suck.

Each of those albums sold over 9 million copies apiece and the band sold out stadiums and arenas on the 91-93 UYI tour.

If you look a the setlists from the UYI tours they played most of AFD and select songs from the UYI and Lies albums and had over 2 hour sets.

I also belong to a GnR forum and when they do polls the UYI albums run neck and neck with AFD for fan favorite.

I respect your right to think the UYI albums suck but fans of the band seem to love them and would want to hear them if they reunite.

They had ONE decent album. ONE

Truth.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 18, 2015 02:17

Hairball

Date: November 18, 2015 04:12

BluzDude
Hairball

Not a bad 'cover'...thumbs up

"You know where you are? You're at McDonalds baby" grinning smiley

Welcome To McDonalds

Date: November 18, 2015 10:56

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom

So... what you're just saying is that Motley Crue hasn't announced an opener for the last 4 dates of their tour.

Ya but wouldn't it be cool if....Anyway, Alice Cooper is done with the tour after Anaheim on 12/22. The Vegas show is 12/27, LA 12/29-31. Start time for Vegas is 7:00. One would think there is going to be an opener. I sent a few emails to see who opener is & the responses were all very mysterious. Basically "opener isn't going to be announced until around day of show". Hopefully will be something cool.

Date: November 18, 2015 10:57

keefriffhard4life
Fillmore
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Cheers, Fillmore

sixx was always kinda "boring" for what its worth but vince neil is terrible. the band should have kept corabi like they wanted

+1

Date: November 18, 2015 12:09

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
Fillmore
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Cheers, Fillmore

+1

I'm just going to the Vegas show because I'm in town for a little holiday mini-vacation. By no means my favorite band. The show does look very entertaining in a big, ugly rock show kind of way. + I got a very good seat for $100. I always thought the band was ok musically & Mick Mars is a decent guitarist & Tommy Lee pretty good drummer. Not a Vince Neil fan. Humorous note: I saw them open for the Stones twice on ABB tour. The first show in Seattle, Ronnie obviously got into trouble with someone. He basically couldn't play. The good part of that was Keith did all the heavy lifting (with assist from Blondie Chaplin) & was phenomenal. Mick was shooting Ronnie dirty looks all night whilst Ronnie ran around being goofy. 2 nights later, Ronnie played better. Anyway, during Motley's set they came to "Home Sweet Home" with just Vince & Tommy on keyboards. Vince was like "everybody sing along". Total silence from the crowd! You could literally hear the vendors on the concourse hawking programs. A very Spinal Tap moment. Anyway, the farewell show should at least be fun. The pictures look like they are trying to outdo KISS. They are promising something "special" for the last gigs & the MGM is a great venue. Going into it with that mindset, should be fun. Going to see Jerry Seinfeld at Caesar's the night before. It will be a good trip that's not costing me much. I got comped at Bellagio & very cheap airfare. I get from Xmas eve to after New Year's off from work, so I don't have to use vacation time. Had to use most of that for doctors & helping my dad out in his last days this year. Looking forward to it.smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-18 12:22 by crholmstrom.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home