Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 26, 2016 01:07

A friend sent me this link recently - when Axl stormed off stage like a whining baby.
(Starting at 1:23:40 mark)

Guns N' Roses live in St. Louis 1991 (riot show)

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 26, 2016 01:40

Happy24
Now I have a question. After seeing Slash I started to get into GnR, but I am really a novice - I have bought the Appetite and the Live in Tokyo 1992 DVDs. There are no more official DVDs (well, except of the "new" GnR, but I am not really interested in that. At least not now) and so I wanted to ask what are the crucial DVD bootlegs I should seek. I am not really interested in some ultra rare stuff, which is like fifth copy of a bad VHS, just some show(s) that is/are good quality - both the audio and video. Thanks your advice!

Chicago 92 is a pretty big classic. Also, the creme de la creme for most is the Live At The Ritz show in 88. Those two give you a pretty good idea of both eras of Guns, both of which excellent in their own right. Paris 1992 which was a Pay Per View broadcast is also very good.

Also about the St. Louis show, people can say what they want, but it was a bad ass show up until he left and it was STILL already an hour and a half show at that point. Of course I would be pissed after what happened as well, but it was still a legendary show and its not like the people didn't really get their money's worth. The band was great for the hour and a half they played, and it was much better than one of the MSG shows that tour, where Axl was super late, delaying Penn Station trains, then got angry and left after 3 songs.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 26, 2016 02:24

No matter what it is going to be cool and interesting to see how the reunion shows go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-26 08:31 by everwest1.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 26, 2016 09:48

Thank you! I will definitely get those shows!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 26, 2016 16:40

I just read something about $2,500 VIP tickets that do not include a meet and greet! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 26, 2016 19:17

RollingFreak

Chicago 92 is a pretty big classic. Paris 1992 which was a Pay Per View broadcast is also very good.

Also about the St. Louis show, people can say what they want, but it was a bad ass show up until he left and it was STILL already an hour and a half show at that point.

I don't share your optimism : 1992 was a rotten year, they were in full Vegas mode with the extra (female) horn section. 1991 was pretty good if you just consider the beginning of the tour (May-June'91). They were hungry and really delivered.

After that they slipped into a routine... with one exception the last show of the US leg of the 91 tour which was a 3+hrs extravaganza at the L.A. Forum. thumbs up

Date: January 26, 2016 19:22

dcba
RollingFreak

Chicago 92 is a pretty big classic. Paris 1992 which was a Pay Per View broadcast is also very good.

Also about the St. Louis show, people can say what they want, but it was a bad ass show up until he left and it was STILL already an hour and a half show at that point.

I don't share your optimism : 1992 was a rotten year, they were in full Vegas mode with the extra (female) horn section. 1991 was pretty good if you just consider the beginning of the tour (May-June'91). They were hungry and really delivered.

After that they slipped into a routine... with one exception the last show of the US leg of the 91 tour which was a 3+hrs extravaganza at the L.A. Forum. thumbs up

I can't say I was around, so I only know through the videos, but they still seemed pretty bad ass to me. It may not have been the Appetite band that were destroying clubs, but they were filling arenas and playing great unrehearsed 3 hour shows. They didn't have setlists back then. 91 was a little more raw, but 92 they seemed to get it all firing every night. Axl sounded terrible for most of 91, and pretty consistent most of 92. 93 was also a great year, with some killer shows such as Hartford and Boston and their final Argentina shows which were beyond excellent. Its just that the video quality we have is pretty subpar. But 93 was a great mix of everything. But maybe its just different strokes.

Also, I forgot to say about the Live In Japan DVDs, they aren't bad per say. The performance is decent, but the issue is the crowd is dead, or at least mixed to be that way. You barely hear them and can't feed off the energy. Likewise, the sound mix of the band is very flat and kills a lot of the excitement. Its a pretty solid DVD thats marred by them coming off strangely boring when I don't believe their other shows were like that at all. That DVD almost comes off too clean and lessens the overall show, which is why most people seek out the far superior bootlegs.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: January 26, 2016 20:32

dcba...
Is that when Adler was still with them? I remember Skid Row opening up. Am I correct? Its been awhile. I do remember waiting for boys to come on.

Date: January 26, 2016 22:04

No Sorum was already in the band... and Izzy was too.
They should release that L.A.'91 gig! It only exists as a so-so audience recording.

[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 2, 2016 21:58

More shows:

Date: February 3, 2016 02:37

Well the Vegas shows are the ones we've been talking about here for a few pages. That was announced several weeks ago. Yes, the Mexico date was announced this morning.

So right now we have

Vegas - April 8th and 9th

Coachella - first night is April 16th I believe

Mexico April 19th in between the two Coachella shows

And second Coachella, which is something like the 24th I think. I believe thats everything official as of right now.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 02:42

Has the line-up of the band been confirmed yet?

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 02:46

Gotta LOVE the #GnFnR, that has Slash all over it!!!

R&FN'R
FKN-A man

Date: February 3, 2016 08:07

Yup Everwest1, I love it as well! Great to see him back in this fold.

strat72
Has the line-up of the band been confirmed yet?

Not quite. At least not in plain black and white. I THINK Pitman has confirmed it, or if not he's basically said it. He said he did the promo Jungle clip, its still listed on his site. He's in, I'm just not sure if he's outright said it. Frank is the same. He's clearly in, had that whole "going away party" thing from his old band and posts are very clear he's in, but I don't know if he's actually been able to confirm

Fortus and Dizzy Reed just announced last week they are leaving their band The Dead Daisies. I don't know whether they said it was for GNR, but again thats what its for. Whether its outright been said or not I'm not sure, but absolutely they are in and their leaving that confirms it without them even having to say it. So to answer your question, yes and no lol. We know, I just don't know if its been explicitly said or listed anywhere as such.

But the lineup is 100%:

Axl
Slash
Duff
Dizzy Reed
Fortus
Frank Ferrer
Chris Pitman

Its either that, or its better and they are still in negotiations with Izzy, Steven and Matt. But most likely its that lineup and guest appearances with Izzy and Steven. Matt is still a wild card right now, but more likely out than in by all accounts.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 3, 2016 08:53

Poor Tommy Stinson, oldest member (1998 ?) of the "new" GnR who gets to lose his job...hadn't really paid attention to him but I recently got that 3D Vega BD for a song and he was quite touching in his interview. A lot more than the guitar players DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot or whatever their "name" is. Hopefully the reformed GnR will put up better shows than that Vegas thing with Axl off the stage pretty much 50% of the time it seems. Unlikely though since he'd started that trend in 1992 in Paris with all these endless solos by Slash or even Gilby's instrumental "Wild Horses". The only cool thing about that Vegas show was Axl's piano above the crowd...

Oh if anyone hasn't heard 2012's "Apocalyptic Love" by "Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspiraors" check it out, it's the closest thing I've heard to Appetite. "You're a Lie" kicks major a$$ if I may say so ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 23, 2016 22:48

Anyone that didn't get tickets but still want to go here's a GREAT offer:

You can get a room and great tickets (either lower level or GA) with this link.

[mgmresorts.com]

You can even get lesser tickets if you wanted something cheaper, although they are $200, so you might as well splurge the extra $50 for much better seats at the $500 level. This is a really good deal. The tickets are being sold for face and basically you get a room for 2 nights for $400 more, some places are more than that some are less.

I had a room and tickets for the show for $966 total, and jumped on this. Now I have MUCH better tickets, and actually a cheaper room for the exact same price. Granted, its cheaper because my $966 included a third night and the $917 I'm now paying doesn't, but for that price and upgrade you can get a separate room for the $50 I saved or less. I'll figure something out but it was worth the upgrade.

Take advantage while you can. Seems this is the only way to buy face tickets at the moment, and good ones. GA or seats on Slash's side.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:23

Still hearing loud rumors that Axl will be joining AC/DC for the remaining dates of their tour.
Wouldn't be my choice for a replacement, not even in my top 20 or even 30, but the idea sounds plausibe.

Date: March 24, 2016 15:54

Another rumor is a club-gig on April 1st. Hope IORR's Dan will attend the show...

Date: March 24, 2016 16:05

dcba
Another rumor is a club-gig on April 1st. Hope IORR's Dan will attend the show...
LOL, that looks less likely by the day. I'll spell it out.

Steven Adler, original drummer, had a show scheduled at the Whiskey. It never made much sense, cause he scheduled it AFTER the Vegas shows were announced but hasn't said a word to the media. So why he'd schedule that when he KNOWS he'll be asked is beyond me.

In completely predictable news, it got cancelled. The Whiskey tweets out something saying "big announcement #gunsnroses". Soon after, they announce a GNR tribute band for that night, April Fools Night. A sick joke, but many people thought "A GNR tribute band ON April Fools Day?! Thats just crazy enough to be the real thing!" So much so that the Whiskey now sends people emails saying Guns will NOT appear. They seem to have backtracked very far with that. Now, of course they could be lying but it does seem like they genuinely might not be there. We'll know soon.

As for a secret warm up gig, there are rumors about a club in LA that first week of April. Many thought the Whiskey for Adler's show, but thats now cancelled. People have said the 5th, the 6th is now being thrown around. Honestly, it may or may not happen, but right now NO ONE really knows. And honestly, each day that goes by makes me think its NOT happening. I think people just needed news and they made this up and have been reading into too many things. But if its true that would also be cool. Just saying at this point in time there's nothing of basis to point towards.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:13

RollingFreak

[mgmresorts.com]

You can even get lesser tickets if you wanted something cheaper, although they are $200, so you might as well splurge the extra $50 for much better seats at the $500 level. This is a really good deal. The tickets are being sold for face and basically you get a room for 2 nights for $400 more, some places are more than that some are less.

I had a room and tickets for the show for $966 total, and jumped on this. Now I have MUCH better tickets, and actually a cheaper room for the exact same price. Granted, its cheaper because my $966 included a third night and the $917 I'm now paying doesn't, but for that price and upgrade you can get a separate room for the $50 I saved or less. I'll figure something out but it was worth the upgrade.

Take advantage while you can. Seems this is the only way to buy face tickets at the moment, and good ones. GA or seats on Slash's side.
thumbs upMan!!thumbs up That is a crazy good deal.
I am tempted... if I was within driving distance this would be a lock... but...

and ya know, one of the best concert views in the states these days is the GA floor with a reserved balcony in an arena.... as long as security does its job and keeps the floor properly limited, it is a great way to have a great time. On the shows I have done this we stood about 5 feet back from the back of the "mob" which is about the equivalent of 20th-30th row or closer and we could move around, dance around, find a better view or better people... anything goes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 16:19 by jambay.

Date: March 24, 2016 16:54

jambay
RollingFreak

[mgmresorts.com]

thumbs upMan!!thumbs up That is a crazy good deal.
I am tempted... if I was within driving distance this would be a lock... but...

and ya know, one of the best concert views in the states these days is the GA floor with a reserved balcony in an arena.... as long as security does its job and keeps the floor properly limited, it is a great way to have a great time. On the shows I have done this we stood about 5 feet back from the back of the "mob" which is about the equivalent of 20th-30th row or closer and we could move around, dance around, find a better view or better people... anything goes.

Its an amazing deal! For those that didn't get tickets and a hotel room, this is a late dream. I had to cancel my hotel room and am now selling my tickets, but I had to take advantage of this. I've been booking my trip for months, and this package was almost EXACTLY what I spent for the first night of tickets and hotel room for the weekend. I lose a night with this one (no hotel room the Thursday before the show now) but its still insanely good for the better seats.

Again, anyone that was considering should REALLY think about that deal. Its a great one and it took me hours to see if I was getting ripped off it was so good. But it seems legit and for the price its so insanely good. Literally what you'd pay if you spent months planning this anyone like I did lol. Here it is at the click of a button.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:48

I'm going with my son to the Saturday night show.
IT WILL BE A BLAST IN VEGAS that weekend.

I'm seriously thinking that IZZY and STEVEN are in.

R&NF'R

Date: March 24, 2016 21:30

Kurt
I'm going with my son to the Saturday night show.
IT WILL BE A BLAST IN VEGAS that weekend.

I'm seriously thinking that IZZY and STEVEN are in.

R&NF'R

Yeah that's a possibility.
Don't forget earplugs. I saw them in 1993 and they rocked... my dental fillings!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 25, 2016 07:53

It would be fun, or at least interesting, to be a fly on the wall listening to all of the principals talk about this gig and the Coachella shows and the rumors of GnR continuing after the upcoming events... and/or Axl joining AC/DC... all/any of that.

I bet the rehearsals are a hoot.

Date: March 25, 2016 17:37

Guns N' Roses billboards are apparently popping up in various U.S. cities today.
Sound familiar?
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 25, 2016 18:19

Tour is ON

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2016 20:10

But still few details...[www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 25, 2016 20:27

[www.youtube.com]

"Indianapolis, of all the bands in the world -
this is one of them!" >grinning smiley<

with Izzy 1991, that lineup would be ok for me, otherwise - no

Date: March 25, 2016 22:50

Kurt
Guns N' Roses billboards are apparently popping up in various U.S. cities today.
Sound familiar?
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I saw it on my way into New York today. I was like "thats weird. Why are they advertising the Vegas shows here?" Parked my car and found out they announced tour dates lol.

Date: March 25, 2016 22:51

Also, its @#$%& hysterical St. Louis is on there. Thats gonna be an epic show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home