Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 14, 2016 00:13

DandelionPowderman
Of course, but he isn't in on the reunion.

Dizzy had been a full band member for almost a decade when they broke up. He deserves to be mentioned, imo.

Only Axl was a founding member.

thanks for the notice of Dizzy but even though he's an official member and a pretty good player,he really doesnt matter.he was a friend of axls who was down on his luck and they gave him a break.
the original Guns are the guys who did Appetite and Lies-those five.period.-nobody gives a crap about anyone who came before or after.

they'll probably miss West Arkeen more than anyone if they're gonna write new music,that guy was a talent.

Date: April 14, 2016 00:27

They are not the original guns, they are the classic guns.

When I toured with Tracii he had lots of stories to tell about the founding of the group, songwriting credits etc. He wasn't bitter, though.

The group still partly bears Tracii Guns's name. Just saying..

Date: April 14, 2016 00:39

DandelionPowderman
They are not the original guns, they are the classic guns.

When I toured with Tracii he had lots of stories to tell about the founding of the group, songwriting credits etc. He wasn't bitter, though.

The group still partly bears Tracii Guns's name. Just saying..

would love to hear those stories. i think tracii is better than slash

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 14, 2016 01:03

lol

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 14, 2016 01:04

Tracii did pretty well On his own for sure,i saw L.A. Guns a few times and they were a good band.a good player but as good as Slash?,c'mon man.
i doubt even Tracii thinks that,Slash is one of the all time great rock and roll guitar players.

Date: April 14, 2016 01:14

lem motlow
Tracii did pretty well On his own for sure,i saw L.A. Guns a few times and they were a good band.a good player but as good as Slash?,c'mon man.
i doubt even Tracii thinks that,Slash is one of the all time great rock and roll guitar players.

slash plays the same runs in every song, sorry.

Date: April 14, 2016 01:16

you can say that again, here, I will...

Slash is one of the all time great rock and roll guitar players.
For many reasons

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: April 14, 2016 04:51

Well i did say on here about a year ago that it was a myth that Axl couldn't sing anymore. He's been returning to great form since about 2010 and the last incarnation of Guns before what we have now was a pretty fine band. Anyone doubting should check out their last concert DVD from Las Vegas which was released last year. I believe it's on youtube. Oh and as far as the irrelevant matter of how he looks at 54 for what it's worth i think he should bring back the beard and stick with the hats. It's about time Axl won some praise, we all know he has been an @#$%& over the years but in his prime he was just below Mick as the greatest rock n roll frontman ever.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 14, 2016 06:32

Deja vu, Geordie.

Meantime, I wonder if Axyl is going to do a Mike Love and continue on without Slash and Duff in 2017 and use the publicity of the reunion to release the other studio album he's sitting on.

Date: April 14, 2016 09:21

keefriffhard4life
lem motlow

slash plays the same runs in every song, sorry.

Both are great, imo.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 17, 2016 14:02

Even though they only allowed two songs to be broadcast it is still fun to watch!

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Guns N’ Roses
Coachella
Coachella Stage
Empire Polo Grounds
Indio, California
April 16, 2016

Lineage: LIVE Webcast -> FFmpeg (capture & edit) -> .ts
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 16:9 4800 Kbps 29.97 fps
Audio: AAC 128 Kbps 48.0 KHz stereo

Setlist:
Intro
Welcome to the Jungle
November Rain

TRT = 00:15:21
("highlights" only - complete broadcast)

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 17, 2016 18:23

Mr.D
Even though they only allowed two songs to be broadcast it is still fun to watch!

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Guns N’ Roses
Coachella
Coachella Stage
Empire Polo Grounds
Indio, California
April 16, 2016

Lineage: LIVE Webcast -> FFmpeg (capture & edit) -> .ts
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 16:9 4800 Kbps 29.97 fps
Audio: AAC 128 Kbps 48.0 KHz stereo

Setlist:
Intro
Welcome to the Jungle
November Rain

TRT = 00:15:21
("highlights" only - complete broadcast)

Thank you for sharing.
They are very good on Welcome to the Jungle. Anyway I think they played better at Las Vegas. I think that the problem of this lineup is Frank Ferrer. Too fast tempo and he has not got a GNR sound. I prefer Matt Sorum. From the other hand Richard Fortus is a very good guitarist, and the duo Slash/Fortus works so well.

Date: April 17, 2016 18:23

jambay

For many reasons

thumbs up

Here GNR & Angus Young - Riff Raff
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-17 18:30 by pepganzo.

Date: April 17, 2016 21:25

pepganzo
jambay

For many reasons

thumbs up

Here GNR & Angus Young - Riff Raff
[www.youtube.com]

THANKS FOR POSTING!!!

Holy shit!! I don't know what that sound was but it kick started my heart!!!

I love it!! Rock and Fkn Roll!! All I can say is MOAR!!!! I WANT MOARE!!!

Angus and Slash together is a sound I like A LOT!!
That should be a thing on a long term basis.

Angus, join up with GNFR!
GNFR, join up with Angus!!... AND ROCK THE WORLD!!!

Man that sounded great!! Rock aint dead... not by a long shot.

PS
I hope those poor EDM hipsters at Coachella are OK, that probably terrified themgrinning smiley

Date: April 17, 2016 22:10

Bless the people who record and post to Youtube!!!

another angle well worth a second listen

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 18, 2016 15:23

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 18, 2016 15:52

I've been harsh on Rose, haven't even had a listen to clips, but that pic ^
rock n roll cool. I've read Duffs books, glad he's alright.
ETA: although I suspect the grin on Slash's face says: ha ha ha, standing with crazy for 3 hours cha ching! my Coachella check (what's his cut, $1 million you think, just for this gig?) oh yeah ordering my new car, maybe the Telsa, sweet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 17:01 by 35love.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 18, 2016 20:00

the above group photo is not your mom and dad's GnR

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 18, 2016 20:05

I @#$%& hate that Melissa is in the band. Nothing against women in rock or anything (which I wouldn't say but you get pounced on nowadays for being sexist), but her role is just so utterly useless in that band. It was useless when a man named Chris Pitman was doing it and to now have a new person CONTINUE that uselessness really annoys me.

Date: April 18, 2016 20:36

RollingFreak
I @#$%& hate that Melissa is in the band. Nothing against women in rock or anything (which I wouldn't say but you get pounced on nowadays for being sexist), but her role is just so utterly useless in that band. It was useless when a man named Chris Pitman was doing it and to now have a new person CONTINUE that uselessness really annoys me.

Also Dizzy Reed is useless, he plays piano only on Estranged and Civil War, ops.. and percussions on Welcome to the jungle.
The problems is that Reed in the past and now have to be a backing musician and not a full time member. From the other and also a third guitarist in my opinion was useless. I really miss Matt Sorum who I consider the real GN'R drummer; he did also a very good work on Velvet Revolver's albums.

Date: April 18, 2016 21:27

What I can't figure is out how some promoter has never paired up a Lita Ford /Joan Jett tour.

Those women rock as hard as any dudes ever,
they put together bands that murder and play shows that rage!

ROCK
LITA
FORD
JOAN
JETT
ROLL

...and for good measure have Courtney Love on the line up too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-18 21:29 by jambay.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2016 04:13

WELCOME TO THE NURSING HOME- 04.17.16 10:01 AM ET
Guns N’ Roses at Coachella: How the Mighty Have Fallen (And Can’t Get Up)

The ’80s rock gods performed a headlining set in the Cali desert Saturday, reminding us how great they used to be—and how fest organizers will mine nostalgia by any means necessary.

G'N'R

It’s been 23 years since Guns N’ Roses—the actual version, sans Buckethead—have graced the stage on tour together. Coachella’s mélange of frat bros and their H&M collection/flower crown-donning female counterparts were, for the most part, conceived long after the hard rockers stopped dancing with Mr. Brownstone, but that didn’t stop the Indio, California, festival from wheeling out the ghosts of ’80s past for a headlining performance Saturday night.

Have you ever wondered how you could possibly make the typical douchebags that attend Coachella even more unbearable? Switch out their “Reagan/Bush ‘84” muscle tees for sleeveless Guns N’ Roses shirts and tie an American flag bandana around their head. Now have them sloppily jump around in a sold-out crowd to their high school football warm-up tracks.

Rather than serve as a triumphant return to the stage, the GnR performance was more reminiscent of what Christmas is like—if you too had a drunk uncle that always refused to leave the couch while screaming incoherent profanity to the rest of the family from across the room.

Lead singer Axl Rose managed to make it all the way to the first night of their U.S. reunion tour before his frail, bloated bod gave in, resulting in a broken foot. Rose was gifted an arena-style version of Game of Thrones’ Iron Throne by fellow rocker Dave Grohl, who was forced to use it to finish out the remainder of the Foo Fighters’ tour last year following his own injury. Thus, instead of Axl’s trademark writhing, sinewy, sexy dance moves—which, granted, would have been neutralized anyway given his corporal neglect—the Coachella audience was left with what seemed like a story time session, featuring a largely unrecognizable rock star sweating profusely in his chair, as if enduring a particularly painful deposition, while driving any shred of his badass legacy he had left further into the ground.

Like Joe Dirt crossed with Professor X, Rose was limited to swaying about in his rocker-throne as he attempted to pantomime along to celebrated tracks like “Welcome to the Jungle,” “Paradise City,” and “Mr. Brownstone,” as well as less celebrated tunes, e.g. the McKagan- and Slash-less “Chinese Democracy.” Somehow, a lifetime of zero cardio, hard-partying, and an unfortunate penchant for plastic surgery left the Ginger Rock God gasping for air more times than showcasing his impressive vocal range, screaming that unmistakable high tenor into the mic.

With the handful of hits taken from their landmark 1987 album Appetite For Destruction, as well as some lesser-known tunes, the cool Indio desert magically transformed into a happy hour karaoke session that one immediately regrets having agreed to meet their co-workers for.

Of course, no Coachella headlining performance would be complete without a few noteworthy celebrity cameos (from musical artists, not Kendall Jenner).

Fans were treated to an onstage appearance from Angus Young, the diminutive, schoolboy-dressed guitarist of AC/DC, to play alongside Slash during the night. Young’s appearance was unfortunately tied to even further disheartening news, as an announcement was made earlier that afternoon that the immobile Rose would be joining AC/DC as their replacement lead singer to finish out their U.S tour immediately following the GnR dates.

It was, in all, a perfect night for hearing a poor karaoke rendition of ’80s hit performed by the actual band. Their Coachella stop-by indeed served its purpose for those moneyed fans looking to check Guns N’ Roses off their concert bucket list, but truthfully, some acts from the past should stay in the past. From The Police to Guns N’ Roses, the “reunion tour” has become a meaningless cash grab designed purely to fleece nostalgic fans of their hard-earned (or parentally-gifted) money while helping long-past-their-prime musical acts pay off their mortgages and child support.

But it’s not just the over-the-hill musicians at fault. The blame should also be placed on the shoulders of the ever-avaricious Coachella organizers looking to ruin any legacies they can get their greedy little hands on. The promoters recently announced plans for a mammoth (and presumably mammoth-priced) three-night event featuring Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Neil Young, and Pink Floyd's Roger Waters later this year. For the folks behind Coachella, “Making America Great Again” means bribing your most cherished musicians with six- and seven-figure paydays in order to pimp nostalgia. We should be better than that.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:15

I'd guess that story was largely written before the show ever started.

Date: April 19, 2016 05:45

Yeah, that reviewer is spot on, where do those ever-avaricious Coachella organizers get off booking these old people playing their old people music? Don't they know Coachella is for young, hip people who listen to EDM and rap.

Date: April 19, 2016 06:13

that review seems like its written as a joke

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: April 19, 2016 13:39

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Guns N Roses - 2016-04-16 - Coachella - AUD 1 - FLAC
Info hash bc07e0bece61dc7e874b7b36c3c50bf29b0cd2d6
Description CONTRAST CLAUSE:

This is different than the source (webcast highlights) found here:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Guns N' Roses
2016-04-16
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival - Weekend 1
Coachella Stage
Indio, CA

SOURCE (AUD #1):
SP-CMC-8 (w/Mods) > SONY PCM-M10 > Sandisk MicroSD Card (16gb - Class 10)

TRANSFER:
.WAV > Adobe Audition 5.5 (normalize/amplify) > CD Wave (Track Splits) > Trader's Little Helper > Flac (level 8)

SETLIST:

01. Extended Audience Intro
02. Looney Tunes Intro
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Chinese Democracy
06. Welcome to the Jungle
07. Double Talkin' Jive
08. Estranged
09. Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
10. Rocket Queen
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Attitude (Misfits cover)
13. This I Love
15. Coma
16. (band intros)
17. Speak Softly Love (Love Theme from the Godfather)
18. Sweet Child O' Mine
19. Better
20. Civil War
21. (Axl introduces Angus Young)
22. Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover w/Angus Young)
23. Riff Raff (AC/DC cover w/Angus Young)
24. Jam
25. November Rain
26. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
27. Nightrain
28. (encore break)
29. Patience
30. The Seeker (The Who cover)
31. Paradise City
32. Outro

NOTES:

Well in terms of a huge anticipated headliner at Coachella, you can't get much bigger than GnR right? I'll freely admit I was never a huge fan of these guys growing up, given I was a Nirvana/grunge fan instead, and held onto the "Nirvana/GNR feud" for a long time, but as you grow out of your teens, you start to realize how kickass of a rock and roll band Guns N Roses were (and still are). In fact, Axl came out onto stage to start the set wearing a Nirvana inspired smiley face shirt, so I almost looked at it as Axl saying, "Hey dude, we're cool. Forgive me alright, and enjoy our set", and I sure as hell did. Axl being confined to the throne does hamper the live show a bit, but holy shit can Axl still sing, Slash can still solo, and the rest of the band can still kick ass. They played pretty much everything I wanted to hear, including Coma (which I was really excited about), and to top it all off, they brought out Angus Young (who had just headlined a year earlier - I think my recordings are still on Dime of those sets) to play two AC/DC songs. It was unbelievable to say the least.

And in Coachella fashion of course, a who's who was there to witness all of this. I had managed to make my way to the front of the soundboard (with the rail on my back), and right behind me was Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone (the crowd started a "rocky" chant), Russell Simmons, and God knows whatever "celebrities", but none of that shit matters (and never should), because the real stars were Axl and company who proved to me they could still headline the shit out of a show, and holy hell did they ever. As for the recording, it was a little rowdy at first, so there are some talkers and screamers, but as the set went on, more and more dropped out and left and by the end I had a nice area all to myself. All in all, it sounds pretty good for being out in a cold open field with 70,000 other fans. Enjoy smiling smiley

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 19, 2016 13:58

I'm impressed with the setlists - a great mixture of Appetite, Illusion and even Spaghetti and Democracy, and not just obvious "warhorses". Would love to see their show if I get the chance.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 19, 2016 14:49

The 2 songs with Angus are the highlights of the show! thumbs up

Date: April 19, 2016 15:26

LieB
I'm impressed with the setlists - a great mixture of Appetite, Illusion and even Spaghetti and Democracy, and not just obvious "warhorses". Would love to see their show if I get the chance.

They produced only five albums and one Ep that is GN'R Lies.. tbey must play a mixture from these albums.

Date: April 21, 2016 11:56

They pleyed There was a time and Yesterdays during the last concert in Mexico.

Twat
[www.youtube.com]

Yesterdays
[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home