Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 14:19

This is directed to all those bootleggers out there. With the more over the top security these days at concert venues since the Paris concert hall attack - I have noticed more venues using metal detectors. I have been an avid concert "taper" ever since the 70's and would hate to give this up. Hell I took my girlfriend to a Joel Olsteen "Night of Hope" concert in Orlando last week and they were using metal detectors and wand detectors.

With that said - how does one now enter an area and not get detected trying to bring in recording equipment?

Thanks for any help?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 21, 2016 14:27

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-21 16:12 by dcba.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 21, 2016 17:14

Very very cool. Don't like the idea of TWAT replacing Coma, especially if its being played RIGHT after This I Love (which is what it should be replacing), but cool to see them getting to those alternate songs they had. They had about 8 on a list other than the regular Vegas setlist. I think they've gotten to half of them so far. Yesterday, There Was A Time, Don't Cry, My Michelle, maybe something else.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 21, 2016 18:57

RollingFreak
Very very cool. Don't like the idea of TWAT replacing Coma, especially if its being played RIGHT after This I Love (which is what it should be replacing), but cool to see them getting to those alternate songs they had. They had about 8 on a list other than the regular Vegas setlist. I think they've gotten to half of them so far. Yesterday, There Was A Time, Don't Cry, My Michelle, maybe something else.

Yes, This I love should be replacing.
They have to play My Michelle, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up or So fine as a Duff McKagan's moment. Two tracks for Duff (Attitude/Raw Power and So Fine).

Date: April 24, 2016 18:04

They played a killer version of Outta Get Me.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 25, 2016 18:59

that was a really good version of outta to get me

Date: April 25, 2016 19:08

They have to play... LOCOMOTIVE!!!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 25, 2016 19:19

TheGreek
that was a really good version of outta to get me

Always my G´n´R favourite song.
And Axl sounds amazingly...good.

Date: April 25, 2016 21:53

dcba
They have to play... LOCOMOTIVE!!!
smileys with beer

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 25, 2016 22:01

Mr.D
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Guns N Roses - 2016-04-16 - Coachella - AUD 1 - FLAC
Info hash bc07e0bece61dc7e874b7b36c3c50bf29b0cd2d6
Description CONTRAST CLAUSE:

This is different than the source (webcast highlights) found here:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Guns N' Roses
2016-04-16
Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival - Weekend 1
Coachella Stage
Indio, CA

SOURCE (AUD #1):
SP-CMC-8 (w/Mods) > SONY PCM-M10 > Sandisk MicroSD Card (16gb - Class 10)

TRANSFER:
.WAV > Adobe Audition 5.5 (normalize/amplify) > CD Wave (Track Splits) > Trader's Little Helper > Flac (level 8)

SETLIST:

01. Extended Audience Intro
02. Looney Tunes Intro
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Chinese Democracy
06. Welcome to the Jungle
07. Double Talkin' Jive
08. Estranged
09. Live and Let Die (Wings cover)
10. Rocket Queen
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Attitude (Misfits cover)
13. This I Love
15. Coma
16. (band intros)
17. Speak Softly Love (Love Theme from the Godfather)
18. Sweet Child O' Mine
19. Better
20. Civil War
21. (Axl introduces Angus Young)
22. Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover w/Angus Young)
23. Riff Raff (AC/DC cover w/Angus Young)
24. Jam
25. November Rain
26. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
27. Nightrain
28. (encore break)
29. Patience
30. The Seeker (The Who cover)
31. Paradise City
32. Outro

NOTES:

Well in terms of a huge anticipated headliner at Coachella, you can't get much bigger than GnR right? I'll freely admit I was never a huge fan of these guys growing up, given I was a Nirvana/grunge fan instead, and held onto the "Nirvana/GNR feud" for a long time, but as you grow out of your teens, you start to realize how kickass of a rock and roll band Guns N Roses were (and still are). In fact, Axl came out onto stage to start the set wearing a Nirvana inspired smiley face shirt, so I almost looked at it as Axl saying, "Hey dude, we're cool. Forgive me alright, and enjoy our set", and I sure as hell did. Axl being confined to the throne does hamper the live show a bit, but holy shit can Axl still sing, Slash can still solo, and the rest of the band can still kick ass. They played pretty much everything I wanted to hear, including Coma (which I was really excited about), and to top it all off, they brought out Angus Young (who had just headlined a year earlier - I think my recordings are still on Dime of those sets) to play two AC/DC songs. It was unbelievable to say the least.

And in Coachella fashion of course, a who's who was there to witness all of this. I had managed to make my way to the front of the soundboard (with the rail on my back), and right behind me was Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone (the crowd started a "rocky" chant), Russell Simmons, and God knows whatever "celebrities", but none of that shit matters (and never should), because the real stars were Axl and company who proved to me they could still headline the shit out of a show, and holy hell did they ever. As for the recording, it was a little rowdy at first, so there are some talkers and screamers, but as the set went on, more and more dropped out and left and by the end I had a nice area all to myself. All in all, it sounds pretty good for being out in a cold open field with 70,000 other fans. Enjoy smiling smiley

Would someone be so kind and share this amazing show via WeTransfer? Thanks in advance and a big hand to the taper!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 26, 2016 04:31

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 26, 2016 18:16

They are rolling 2nd stadium dates in several markets, AEG wouldn't do this unless it was selling alright.

Date: April 26, 2016 18:25

mnewman505
They are rolling 2nd stadium dates in several markets, AEG wouldn't do this unless it was selling alright.

Lol Livenation. Only know that because my friend who works at Livenation told me last week they were adding second dates and I kind of laughed it off. But yup, major payday for Livenation, and all 4 dates make sense. New date in LA (obvious), second date for NY (makes sense) and second dates in Chicago and Massachusetts (hardly surprising). All the giant markets.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 26, 2016 18:56

The Stadium Tour is selling very well.
Slash and Axl and Duff.

Steven Adler just popped back up out of nowhere and is playing with his band this weekend at the M3 Rock Festival. He looks good and clean.

Just think how many more tickets they could sell with Adler and Izzy on board officially!

Date: April 26, 2016 19:01

I love Guns more than anyone, but seriously this just shows how well nostalgia sells. I would be going to more shows if it was Adler and Izzy on board. Prices are too high that at some point I have to make cuts. But gotta say, I'm shocked at how well its selling. They said stadiums and geez, they meant it. Good for them, although I do wish prices were lower or that Adler and Izzy and Sorum were on board. One of those two would justify the other.

Date: April 27, 2016 02:26

RollingFreak
I love Guns more than anyone, but seriously this just shows how well nostalgia sells. I would be going to more shows if it was Adler and Izzy on board. Prices are too high that at some point I have to make cuts. But gotta say, I'm shocked at how well its selling. They said stadiums and geez, they meant it. Good for them, although I do wish prices were lower or that Adler and Izzy and Sorum were on board. One of those two would justify the other.

there are tickets for most shows less than $100

Date: April 27, 2016 07:08

keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak

I'm aware. And I'm sure they'll drop even lower. Just sayin' for their prices I'm shocked it "officially" sold out at the outlets. Obviously there will be tons on sale on the secondary market, its a stadium show. But whoever was buying $100 seats to sit in the rafter of a stadium... just sayin' many questioned whether they could really sell out stadiums and the hell if they did. I'm pretty surprised, but happy for them, even if I think the prices are too high and the reunion isn't as legitimate as it should be.

Date: April 27, 2016 07:40

RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak

I'm aware. And I'm sure they'll drop even lower. Just sayin' for their prices I'm shocked it "officially" sold out at the outlets. Obviously there will be tons on sale on the secondary market, its a stadium show. But whoever was buying $100 seats to sit in the rafter of a stadium... just sayin' many questioned whether they could really sell out stadiums and the hell if they did. I'm pretty surprised, but happy for them, even if I think the prices are too high and the reunion isn't as legitimate as it should be.

the ticketmaster price for rafter seats was $60 plus fees

Date: April 27, 2016 21:07

Right, so about $80 to sit in Jupiter. Still pretty good IMO. Personally, I'm hoping to get in for $20, even if its crappy seats, day of show.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 27, 2016 21:21

At least the opening act was supreme...

Date: April 27, 2016 21:23

Still waiting to see who opens the regular tour.

Date: April 28, 2016 00:02

RollingFreak

me too. alice in chains would be nice

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: April 28, 2016 21:43

I was thinking about getting PIT seats for the Orlando show in July - which seem to take up about 8-10 rows - but looking at photos of the recent Mexico shows the stage looks to be about 10-12 foot high? Does anybody know what the stage height will be for the US tour? At 10-12 foot the view would be terrible?

Date: April 28, 2016 23:34

keefriffhard4life
RollingFreak

me too. alice in chains would be nice

Agreed. They were cool in Vegas, although admittedly people couldn't wait till they just ended so Guns could get on. It was a lose-lose scenario. I didn't want an unknown opener, cause that would have been TORTUROUS, but at the same time as much as I enjoy AIC, everyone just wanted Guns to walk out.

Probably different on the regular tour, but I agree I'd prefer a name opener, and with their prices and stadiums I'd be shocked if they don't have one. I'd be fine with The Cult too.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 11, 2016 17:20

Just saw this on Xavel's new release list...‘2016 Las Vegas; Double Shot’ is a 4 cd, 2 DVD multiple of Guns N’ Roses shows at the T-Mobile Arena on the 8th and 9th of April, 2016. The audio comes from an IEM and audience recording matrix.

Date: May 11, 2016 17:35

Where Can i get this?

Date: May 11, 2016 18:04

Mr.D
a 4 cd, 2 DVD multiple of Guns N’ Roses shows at the T-Mobile Arena on the 8th and 9th of April, 2016. The audio comes from an IEM and audience recording matrix.

Ah sounds interesting...

Date: May 11, 2016 20:29

Keefdsseldorf2007
Where Can i get this?

Yeah, I'd love to get a copy of this. The most anticipated weekend of concerts I've ever been to that I'd love in great quality.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 11, 2016 21:04

This site has a bunch of releases listed but not the above Guns 'N Roses, might be able to email them.
[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 18, 2016 22:42

Some of the Opening Acts Have Been Announced:

Guns N' Roses Tap Alice In Chains & Lenny Kravitz for 2016 Tour

June 23 - Detroit, MI - Ford Field *
June 26 - Washington, DC - FedEx Field *
June 29 - Kansas City, MO - Arrowhead Stadium *
July 1 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field *
July 3 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field *
July 6 - Cincinnati, OH - Paul Brown Stadium
July 9 - Nashville, TN - Nissan Stadium
July 12 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field
July 14 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
July 16 - Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre
July 19 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium #
July 20 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium #
July 23 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium #
July 24 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium #
July 27 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome
July 29 - Orlando, FL - Orlando Citrus Bowl
July 31 - New Orleans, LA - Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Aug. 3 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium
Aug. 5 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium
Aug. 9 - San Francisco, CA - AT&T Park
Aug. 12 - Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field
Aug. 15 - Glendale, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
Aug. 18 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium
Aug. 19 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium
Aug. 22 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

* with Alice in Chains
# with Lenny Kravitz

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home